Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

I will say this though, they are broken up because of what Beckett needs to DO, she wants to keep Castle away from that. I think from my confusing hints people assumed that Beckett is trying to protect Castle from SOMEONE. Which isn't exactly the case.

I am interested in this new tidbit about her possibly being missing....in the promo they showed someone torturing Castle to find out where she is. I have no idea what that means, but it has me curious. It sounds like there's actually going to be an ongoing storyline this season. One that actually gets touched on in every episode.

In my opinion she was and always has been in control of their relationship. Say what you want about the premise and how he forced the shadowing for the book, but he has always been in her 'world', she has had control and the power from very early on. Since they 'got together', it has been her actions that influenced every major thing in their relationship. Season 4 and the lie/waiting by Castle, the DC decision/lie that forced Castle to propose (this carries on to my next point, I say forced because the show only works if he does). In MY opinion, she's a very selfish character and her actions (due to how the show works) has made Castle look weak because at the end of the day, it only works if he ends up at the 12th after it is all said and done.

This isn't me attacking the Beckett character either, I have problems with Castle as well. I'm just explaining why I feel that way.

I think we just see it differently. Yes, the show takes place in Beckett's world because it's about solving crimes, and they have to be working together to continue the show. But while I don't think either character is perfect, I think their flaws are balanced, and I've never seen one of them do something to another that makes me think the other should end the relationship. Sometime in a relationship one persons career will impact the other person, but that isn't the same as the person being control and the other person being weak, it is just reacting to life. I don't want to get into a whole discussion about specifics cause we won't change each other's minds, so I'll end there.

Again, we'll see how this plays out, but it sounds like whatever Beckett is going to be doing is a lot like what Castle did during the time he was missing. He was abducted, but then he willingly stayed and spent weeks helping out the CIA without even sending word to Beckett/Alexis/Martha that he was alive. Presumably to keep them safe. Hopefully this new story will be written better than Sleeper.

Edited by KaveDweller

Again, we'll see how this plays out, but it sounds like whatever Beckett is going to be doing is a lot like what Castle did during the time he was missing. He was abducted, but then he willingly stayed and spent weeks helping out the CIA without even sending word to Beckett/Alexis/Martha that he was alive. Presumably to keep them safe. Hopefully this new story will be written better than Sleeper.

Aside from that time away happening off-screen and this breakup happening most likely for an entire season...

Seriously they broken up because what Beckett needs to DO???this is the storyline TPTB has.planned for this season?this is the evolution of their relationship a breakup???ok i give it a try for 3-4 episodes and will see how this works out

If Castle did this he was wrong to do it. He made Beckett a promise after Paris to include her next time. That's what bothers me about it all. It's the same old shit just a different day. Neither of these characters learn or evolve from their experiences & mistakes. They both continue to lie, keep secrets, & go behind each others back for the other ones own good. Really there is only so many ways this can end. They get back together at some point & make more meaningless promises about trusting & depending on each other (which they will keep until it's time for more drama) or they actually breakup (I agree this would kill the show). So I guess we climb on the angst train for however long they decide to drag it out.

Edited by oberon55
  • Love 1

It's confusing because I have hinted at stuff, and out right said some stuff, and tried to make people guess some stuff so I wouldn't be the one actually saying it.

I can't promise anyone will LIKE it. But it will all make more sense once you see it.

I will say this though, they are broken up because of what Beckett needs to DO, she wants to keep Castle away from that.  I think from my confusing hints people assumed that Beckett is trying to protect Castle from SOMEONE. Which isn't exactly the case. 

I tried to steer people clear of the idea that like Bracket tells Kate "break up with Rick or we will kill him" because that's not what happens. But then it just leads to more questions and people already being mad at Kate before even seeing what happens.

Thanks for this , curiouser and curiouser LOL Still, not long to wait now before this all unravels.

If the break up lasts longer than 8x04 it's hard to see how Beckett doesn't move out of the loft, that might test some viewers resolve. Seems Seamus could be right and S8 is going to be a very different show. If this is all just to pave the way for Castle P.I. taking over a Beckettless show in S9 you can count me out.

Edited by westwingfan
  • Love 3

If Beckett is required to do something and she feels the only way to keep Castle safe is to break up with him then it would seem that she won't feel that they should get back together until she has completed whatever it is she has to do, and according to Stana's Deadline interview it seems that the story triggered by the two-parter could run for the rest of the season. This sounds a little bit like their talk on the swings in Rise when she tells him that she can't have the kind of relationship she wants because she has these walls, and those walls won't come down until she's put this thing to bed. Presumably Castle doesn't agree with this and we see him trying to convince her that splitting up is not the way to deal with this, but she could easily ban him from being anywhere near her at work, and yet he apparently is able to work with her during 8x04 and 8x05. Oddest break up ever LOL

• Love 1

So I guess we climb on the angst train for however long they decide to drag it out.

What they need to be mindful of is those viewers who choose to get off the angst train because they've had enough or take one look and never get on at all.

Seems Seamus could be right and S8 is going to be a very different show.

It's going to be two shows in one, Castle Pi and Captain Beckett.

Seamus is the only member of the cast or crew I pay much attention to with his comments and if he says that then fans should take note.

Presumably Castle doesn't agree with this and we see him trying to convince her that splitting up is not the way to deal with this, but she could easily ban him from being anywhere near her at work, and yet he apparently is able to work with her during 8x04 and 8x05. Oddest break up ever LOL

But if she did that there would be no show as Castle relies almost completely on their interaction to maintain their existing audience share and everyone knows it so they have to keep seeing each other no matter how strange it looks. That's why I'm fairly sure whatever she has to do which causes this situation to occur it will annoy many fans which is bad news for Beckett as she's the one doing the leaving.

Will the new writers be any better at making these characters look sympathetic when they fuck up and make yet more dumb decisions? I do hope so.

Edited by verdana

What I find amusing about that unflattering picture of them together with quotes from their wedding is that they seem to ready to trash one of the most important ones which was to be each other's partner in life and in crime. 

• Love 1

I hope we at least get to see Castle fighting for the relationship, as in face-to-face with Beckett.

Well Stana does have a stunt double assigned for 8x02, and in 8x04 she has a "boxing double" assigned to her, so you may get your wish LOL

Rob Hanning is finally back on Twitter. 

@RobHanning: “@19_Joanne_87: @RobHanning welcome baaaaack, boss! ☺” not really back. But will be. Doing #806 with Terlesky #Valkyriereunion

@RobHanning: “@telopidoxfavor: @RobHanning #Caskett anniversary? That one should be yours! ♥” Oh no, is it their anniversary? I didn't realize ;)

Castle Promos ‏@CastlePromos  1 hr1 hour ago

John Terlesky is back with a new account. Let's go share a little #Castle love! Follow him at @JohnTerlesky.

Edited by verdana

So ... do we get to see anniversary celebrations? That would be a first in terms of keeping up continuity (and actually showing things). That winky face comes off very cheeky to me.

Honestly, I'm so confused going into this season. I'm prepared for angst and drama, but the high(er) ups keep dropping all these hints that maybe this season is going to be more than just doom and gloom.

Edited by McManda

From the ShayJean website bio of Seamus:

Seamus Dever has played Det. Kevin Ryan for the past six very successful seasons of "Castle.

Just a typo, or a commentary on one of the seasons being less than successful? ;)

I'm just curious -- am I the only Castle fan who finds this ShayJean stuff beyond ridiculous and cringeworthy?? A website and merchandise?? Are they serious???

To be fair, they are at least doing stuff besides Castle and seem to be planning ahead financially.

Still, the method also strikes me as hopeful, at best. They aren't Taylor Swift (whom I don't like as a singer, but I know she is popular) or Pearl Jam or whatever.

I don't really find it any more cringe worthy than the Nikki Heat or Derrick Storm books. We've known they both like to sing and have been for awhile. I still think of this clip occasionally. Don't they perform in things like open mics around LA when they have time? I think Nathan and Stana have both tweeted about going to see them. And I'm not going to fault them for trying to capitalize on a built in audience while they can.

It'll be interesting to see how it progresses and ends up. Jon's go at vlogging (before vlogging was really a thing) ended pretty quickly, which was kind of sad because I liked his "Day in the Lyfe" videos (despite the stupid spelling of life).

Edited by McManda
I can't take any of this seriously! It just feels like a big piss take!!

When I saw the section of their website labeled "Tour," I began to wonder the same thing.  I know Jon did an album (not my style of music but not nearly as bad as some actor/wanna-be musician vanity projects have been) and they performed together at some charity event a while back, but an entire album and a tour? I don't know.

I'm just curious -- am I the only Castle fan who finds this ShayJean stuff beyond ridiculous and cringeworthy?? A website and merchandise?? Are they serious???

It's not my thing - and I do find it cringeworthy - but I suppose whatever makes them happy. I wasn't a fan of Jon's other music endeavors, so I don't imagine their new duo music will be my taste either. 

You will. Whether people will deem it enough, or say Fillion didn't play it right, remains to be seen.

And what about Beckett? Will the audience be happy with her breaking up with him and deem her response adequate in working to get back together?

'Cause I don't thing getting a call from Bob in Accounting would make for very exciting television ;)

On the other hand, it wasn't The Untouchables who put Al Capone in jail.

I think Castle likes being bossed by women.

He was the only child of a working single mother. And a careless one in many ways. She had to be the centre of his universe and it must have been difficult for him to capture her attention.

Then he marries young (because of pregnancy?) and his wife leaves him literally holding the baby. Those of you with children know how much a parent has to cater to their needs.

Then he marries his boss, Gina, his publisher.

And now he is with a career woman. Who sleeps with a gun in her nightstand. (Is that even safe? Or legal?)

I spend way too much time thinking about this. And here my complete set of DVDs of Two Guys and a Girl just arrived from Australia.

Edited by femmefan1946
  • Love 1

Talking about music, they've recorded some with an orchestra for the two parter.

Alexi Hawley ‏@AlexiHawley  6h6 hours ago

Getting ready to record orchestra for 801 and 802. #CapitalRecords #Castle #newforseason8

https://twitter.com/AlexiHawley/status/640328587510333441

So ... do we get to see anniversary celebrations? That would be a first in terms of keeping up continuity (and actually showing things). That winky face comes off very cheeky to me.

I find Hanning to have the sarcasm dial set permanently on high so I don't take his tweets seriously. It's going to take some doing to have a joyful and memorable anniversary celebration if they're not even living together as a couple. Although they got married in November sweeps rather conveniently so may be they could use that milestone to dangle the carrot they're going to get back together soon to keep fans spirits up. 

Will the new writers be any better at making these characters look sympathetic when they fuck up and make yet more dumb decisions? I do hope so.

It depends on the story (episode) but I sometimes hope for the complete opposite. An acknowledgment that the characters do fuck up/ make dumb decisions without sugarcoating it with some noble or absurd reasons (because she’s driven, morally superior or he is out to save the world, having amnesia) would be a nice change.

I hope we at least get to see Castle fighting for the relationship, as in face-to-face with Beckett.

And what about Beckett? Will the audience be happy with her breaking up with him and deem her response adequate in working to get back together?

As the outcome is supposed to be a split up Caskett, I would assume it’s counter-productive to have Castle be too convincing in his arguments.  As there have already been a few examples on the show when Beckett felt the need to disengage for personal or professional reasons, I’m curious how they handle it this time. I would think the rationale behind the break up is pretty important, especially since last season’s vanishing arc kinda missed out on it completely. I’m still convinced that a split up would work best, if she also learns something about Castle that might be difficult to accept. It would enhance her resolution, spread the blame more equally (at least for the saner part of the fandom) and might also give some new food for thought.

I can't promise anyone will LIKE it. But it will all make more sense once you see it.

I will say this though, they are broken up because of what Beckett needs to DO, she wants to keep Castle away from that.

I think from my confusing hints people assumed that Beckett is trying to protect Castle from SOMEONE. Which isn't exactly the case.

Hal. Please tell us that the breakup does not come about because of another Beckett “this is my life “ moment and she uses that reasoning to justify leaving him. It will just lead to more Beckett character bashing on the forums. Someone might act that way if there was a past trouble issue with a relative and the person did not want the spouse involved for legal reasons or risk injury to them, but if the issue is not about Castle’s safety per se, then the ‘breakup’ just does not seem plausible enough to last over more than a few episodes and still keep the viewers engaged especially with the wedding only six months ago and their vows still fresh in viewers minds.  I just can’t imagine viewers watching some kind of ongoing angst between them for very long. This premise seems nothing more than Marlowe broken story telling (7x20 "Sleeper"), but now with different people in charge. Even if Beckett needs to go up against some kind of cabal or association from her past, why the need for them to not work together against the obstacle which would provide plenty of drama for a new season? Before the marriage, they both put themselves at considerable risk many times working together to solve cases. 

Edited by VinceW
  • Love 1

I’m still convinced that a split up would work best, if she also learns something about Castle that might be difficult to accept. It would enhance her resolution, spread the blame more equally (at least for the saner part of the fandom) and might also give some new food for thought.

The suggestion that she discovers something about Castle which further cements her decision as being the right choice is one that fills me with trepidation as to what that might be, you can't put the toothpaste back in the tube. They need to be careful they don't think of something that instead of giving fans food for thought makes them throw their hands up in the air and go WTF! 

If it gets that bad, I think, and I hate to say it to all the devoted fans, but I can see ABC just cancelling the show rather than pull a rabbit out of the hat since the ratings are not as good as they once were to start with, it is already in syndication, and is an old show. I can see C/B slapped back together, but no kids, if it does end.

Nah,ABC  will jump the shark . They have no shame.

• Love 2

Hal. Please tell us that the breakup does not come about because of another Beckett “this is my life “ moment and she uses that reasoning to justify leaving him. It will just lead to more Beckett character bashing on the forums. Someone might act that way if there was a past trouble issue with a relative and the person did not want the spouse involved for legal reasons or risk injury to them, but if the issue is not about Castle’s safety per se, then the ‘breakup’ just does not seem plausible enough to last over more than a few episodes and still keep the viewers engaged especially with the wedding only six months ago and their vows still fresh in viewers minds. 

I still find "break up" to be a weird term to use for a married couple. Because if they aren't actually talking about a divorce, then it seems like they must be thinking they'll be back together at some point...whenever this new threat is resolved. Right? Which is still not something I want to see, but it's not on the same level as a breakup where they are angry/fighting with each other, getting new love interests, etc.

• Love 1

Right. Yes I agree it is a weird term. 

I've read some fanfic where Beckett distances herself from Castle and is even nasty to him to get him to not want to shadow her, some of these have been based on Knockout, and others are a bit AU, but all are as a result of Castle nearly getting killed and Beckett blaming herself for putting him in danger. This storyline might have made some sense if it had happened before they got married but if this is what's behind Beckett's choice to split up then logically she would be thinking about divorcing him to put even more distance between him and the perceived danger she sees him in because of his association with her. In the fanfic part of her thinking is not wanting to see Alexis go through what she did after losing a parent violently. If this is the reason for her splitting them up then the fact that she is able to carry on as Captain and he picks up his P.I. business would sort of make sense now in that there isn't a specific threat against him other than this perceived general risk which she now feels is down to her and she can't deal with it.

I've been assuming that she is trying to protect him from something specific but in her Deadline interview Stana said that the two-parter is Beckett's and Castle's POV on “an "event" that shifts the entire season into a higher velocity” and “is part of what will set everything up for the next 20 episodes.” So what if the event is him nearly getting killed because of her, or she perceives it's because of her, which gets her thinking that she doesn't want that responsibility and her solution is to distance herself from him. Some of the other comments I've read about this "break up" would now make more sense in that we're not supposed to agree with her, and surprise, surprise, neither does Castle, who embarks on a mission to convince her that she's wrong.

Edited by westwingfan
  • Love 1

No it's not something like that. It is about Castle's safety and it's nothing like Sleeper. It's really not selfish...especially after what happens to Castle because of Kate. However I think if people in their anger want to call it that they will.......Anyway I've resigned myself to just telling people now they won't like it simply because they are broken up. However I think some might enjoy the idea that Castle doesn't accept it. 

I misunderstood your earlier post about the safety issue, but if Castle pushes hard to not accept it that is worth watching.  It is good to know that the premiere does not resemble 'Sleeper' with its Chuck Norris references.

I still find "break up" to be a weird term to use for a married couple. Because if they aren't actually talking about a divorce, then it seems like they must be thinking they'll be back together at some point...whenever this new threat is resolved. Right? 

This must be the role of the new Beckett confidant (Vikram)  who helps her to subdue any immediate threats to Castle which alleviates her concerns about Castle's current safety and allows them to move past the incident after a few episodes. Again, it seems a big mistake to keep them apart too long without tanking viewership numbers.  In addition, to drag the separation out for very long allows the story to become just another government conspiracy (CIA,cabal) which implies that Beckett gets exposed to blackmail pressure because of Castle's past connections or associations. This kind of story fits more into the template of shows like the "The Blacklist" or "Person of Interest".

Edited by VinceW
All though I don't believe you are even asking me a real question. Looks like you want to pick a fight and or prove your point that Beckett is a piece of shit and Castle deserves better. Which is all within your right as a fan to believe that.

However I don't wish to be part of it. So please don't ask me questions in a combative way.

It was a real question. It also wasn't intended to be combatitive. I just never saw you mention her attitude/mindset after the fact (the break up). Like in my opinion there's a difference between making the initial choice (her thinking it is the right thing to do) and then actually seeing her want things to be different, back to how it was etc.

Like..do you think the audience is going to see Beckett (you've implied Castle does) actively seek for them to be 'together' again? - I just don't want one of them to be working on getting back to the other while it is clearly evident the other isn't. Does that make sense?

To me their ongoing intentions are going to be hugely important on whether or not people accept this for a long duration.

Edited by Chado

But that doesn't mean we won't see her sad/upset/conflicted about it. But having her be the one to pursue Castle to get back together, wouldn't really work in these first few episodes.

Now if you are talking about down the line she realizes she was wrong and has to apologize or make the effort that could make sense. But I don't know that to the case yet. I don't know how the whole season plays out. 

I hope they get that part right (the part i bolded). I have this fear of them touching on it for 2-4 episodes and then largely ignoring the choice she made for significant parts of the season when it goes back to the more natural episodes/cases. I really want to see it eating away at both of them until they are back together. The pessimist in me is expecting it to be mostly ignored though after the dust settles, and only picked up again later on in the season.

To me, this isn't about an apology or about who chases who. It's about the influence it has on them both. If Beckett's mindset is 'well this is for the best, i need to try and move on' then I'll probably be irritated the entire season. I hope they don't treat this like they treat most storylines in the show. Pick it up for 2 episodes and then ignore it for a month or 2, then come back to it.

The suggestion that she discovers something about Castle which further cements her decision as being the right choice is one that fills me with trepidation as to what that might be, you can't put the toothpaste back in the tube. They need to be careful they don't think of something that instead of giving fans food for thought makes them throw their hands up in the air and go WTF! 

Ha, I believe the WTF factor was solemnly exhausted with last year’s attempt to upset the applecard. As for the discovery: Castle’s life before Beckett offers enough room to bring up some connections that seemed innocent at the time, but may have an impact on whatever Beckett’s new crusade is all about.

I don’t know, I just can’t imagine this new plot not to raise some bright red flags of coherence in its lengthy execution. In all their years of following up dangerous cases and mombatross conspiracies, Castle was able to weasel his way back into the investigation with Beckett rather easily and quickly. And it’s not like he wasn’t at risk back then (last example would be Veritas or the 3XK saga).

Anyway, I think it comes down to me not understanding (or not having enough info, yet) what a difference a fresh break up would make to Beckett’s investigation and Castle's safety opposed to her telling him to stay out of it. If Beckett keeps snooping around, Castle’s life or well being might still be in danger, break up or no break up.

And if the show is just keen on breaking them up for the sake of more drama, why don’t they go the Always route? As it happened before, a similar reaction from Castle would make some sense. “I don’t want to watch you to throw your (and my) life away, so I walk.”

Edited by Sonik Tooth

I hope they get that part right (the part i bolded). I have this fear of them touching on it for 2-4 episodes and then largely ignoring the choice she made for significant parts of the season when it goes back to the more natural episodes/cases. I really want to see it eating away at both of them until they are back together. The pessimist in me is expecting it to be mostly ignored though after the dust settles, and only picked up again later on in the season.

Episode 8.05 sounds very much like standard COTW filler for Castle and Beckett and I'm more intrigued by what happens in these later episodes than I am in the two parter. Things should have settled down by then and your question should be answered one way or another. I agree they normally drop a story after a couple of episodes max and pick up on it later, sometimes they don't go back to it for months. Some fans are perfectly happy with this arrangement others less so. I'm in the latter camp. I'd love there to be greater focus on their emotional issues and better overall continuity (although that can bring its own set of problems) and by focus I don't mean where someone mentions the subject in passing and moments later they go back to discussing the case, that's not what I call story development. 

The separation should deeply affect them both but I don't know how best they balance this out with the way the show is usually promoted as being generally light hearted and fun with both of them chasing around investigating quirky cases...do they have a closing or opening moment each week when they touch on their problems? Or does that risk putting a downer on things? Marlowe liked to have a "fun" episode following a more serious one, will Hawley repeat that pattern?

What interests me is how do they replace the usual bookended scenes we get in the loft between them? They've become a regular staple and fans love seeing those "at home" moments, that's going to be kind of difficult if only one of them is at home (I'm presuming Kate has moved out). Do we get to see them in separate places waking up after the opening credits each week? Heh Or do they have them talking to family and friends about their problems a bit like in season four? Is Captain Beckett going to be having a grumble at the coffee machine with Esposito? Will Castle be getting relationship advice from Alexis? *shudder* 

I'm skeptical this separation idea is going to prove beneficial for the characters or hugely fulfilling for the audience especially if it drags on all season. However, I am curious to find out how the writers work through the various elements of the story they have planned out, how they best execute them and how proactive they are if they need to make a course correction depending on audience reactions.  

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

Fred @FredBC77 14 mins

@tamalajones about #Castle on @KTLAMorningNews today.

https://twitter.com/FredBC77/status/640927751990591488

"I really wanted the show to come back" Tamala.

I'm sure she did otherwise she'd be looking for a new job. Heh

Erik Altstadt ‏@EAkorn  10 hrs10 hours ago

I ended up watching the season 7 finale of #Castle tonight and then oddly enough, the pilot came on. Love how these characters have evolved

If they really stretch this out for an extended amount of time they will almost certainly go back to their pattern of ignoring things. Otherwise the whole season becomes "Please Beckett" & "No Castle. This is for your own good"

I'm skeptical this separation idea is going to prove beneficial for the characters or hugely fulfilling for the audience especially if it drags on all season.

In a dramedy like Castle has previously been, isn't Caskett angst like salt or other strong seasoning? A little, judiciously applied, gives the series zing, but ladled out in every episode, it makes makes for a jaded palate. Not only that, but if there is an attempt to do some of their more light-hearted episodes, applying angst might be like seasoning angel food cake with sriracha -- theoretically it can be done, but it takes an incredibly skilled artist to pull it off.

As far as ignoring this entire plot. They can't. The way the show has been setup this season it's impossible to do. 

Marlowe's practice was to balance out the season with approx three or four light episodes for every heavy one, if neither are happy with the state of their relationship, him because she's called a time out, and her because she felt she had to distance herself from him, it's difficult to see how they can resort to this ratio while Caskett are in turmoil until the situation is resolved, During their four year "courtship" it was possible to have many humourous situations but this would seem to require Castle bringing his A Game every week until he's convinced her she might have made the wrong decision, doesn't seem to leave much room for Castle's trademark light heartedness.

The previous showrunners pleaded for patience after the debacle of FBOW so I'm not sure how much people have got left in the locker if this drags on past the November sweeps. After a long wait to finally see them get together, I think the last thing a lot of people will want to watch is a rehash of that. In one of his first interviews Hawley talked about a shake up but it seems they've gone more for a seismic event high on the Richter Scale.

Edited by westwingfan
  • Love 1

It's starting to get as hot in this forum as it is outside here, so let's all go to our respective corners and cool down. Spec about halwideman's drops is fine, even trying to make sense is fine, but conversely, it is also fine to be skeptical or confused. The fact is everyone will start to see what is happening exactly two weeks from tonight, so what will be, will be.

And while it can be frustrating to not have details spelled out, if a person has connections, that may not be allowed, so consider that as well. With that out there, posters will be interested, so they will try to make sense. It's human nature.

Whatever the case, getting pissy at each other isn't helping anything and it won't change anyone's minds or whatever. So keep it respectful and be patient.

Thanks for your continued cooperation.

• Love 1

Where are you even getting that from? Why would Beckett feel that way? No where has that been hinted. 

I get people not liking the break up (we aren't supposed to) or not being happy with Kate's decision (you aren't supposed to think she is right) but worrying that she won't care and will just move on, I don't get that leap. 

As far as ignoring this entire plot. They can't. The way the show has been setup this season it's impossible to do. 

As others have said, this shows entire history is built off the idea that they introduce a story/element for 1-2 episodes and then largely ignore it for months until they want to focus on it again.

The description of episode 8x05 sounds like the biggest "as you were" episode the show is traditionally known for, the exact thing I'm suggesting above.

History would suggest that we get the breakup and the angst and then 5-10 episodes of shared pained, sad looks between them filtered in with the COTW filler that essentially goes nowhere until they want to focus on the storyline again.

If 8x05 is them working together on a case again, then i struggle to see how this season is any different than past seasons.

You are suggesting that the setup of this season cannot possibly work like that. I guess we will see, won't we?

Edited by Chado

Thanks, even though there was no new footage of Alexis, she's going to annoy me I just know it. SIGH

As for Caskett that quick peck on the lips looks about as good as it's going to get romantically during this two parter. I expect to see more drama than romance this being the premiere. I prefer it these days when they don't bother with bland kisses, the moment when she touches his face and then runs off is better.

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1