Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

This is my biggest fear. And what I was talking about when I said about making Castle too passive. I'm afraid that this whole season will turn into a Beckett v Castle discussion over the decision she makes again without him.

He surely cannot be happy about this? but given how the show works, clearly he has to just "accept" it because that's the only way the show works. It's frustrating that Beckett once again makes a decision (hello job interview) without him and he just has to deal with the fallout. Interesting to see I guess if they handle any of the things I quoted above from you or if they just make Castle naturally agree to everything like in the past.

People like to throw the job interview example as an example of Beckett making decisions alone, but the truth is that was over two years ago and I can't think of a time she has done anything like it since then.  (If anyone has made decisions alone in the relationship it's been Castle, but I'm not going to get into that because like I said, I don't like Castle vs. Beckett). People make mistakes and then they grow from them, and that is what we've seen with Beckett.  Castle told her he wasn't okay with how she handled the DC thing and so since than she's brought Castle into every decision.  This would definitely be a step backwards for her, so it will be interesting to see how it is rationalized/explained.

But in terms of Castle accepting it, it doesn't matter how the show works, that's just how relationships work.  If one person wants out, the relationship is over.  I'm hoping we won't see him just let Kate walk away, and that we'll see him pushing Kate to let him back in (but also being angry about it).  That BTS pic of Susan and Stana has me thinking that Martha goes to talk to Kate at the beginning of episode 3 because she's heard from Castle what happened.

Edited by KaveDweller

At least they're giving it some promotion.

It's still early in the summer, but I think that should be amended to more "at least they haven't forgotten that it exists".

Interesting that they gave away the "Castle becomes a full time PI" angle, though. Are they saving the "Beckett's captain of the 12th" angle as a surprise for the non-fandom fans?

• Love 1

The promo matches what Hawley and Winter have been saying in interviews, I think all the angsty stuff is supposed to be a surprise we're hearing about.  That's why they were okay leaking that Beckett would be Captain, they are going to "shock" viewers in other ways.

Thanks but as one fan tweeted that is not a promo to get people desperate to watch, the Castle PI arc was not universally enjoyed so playing on that aspect to the exclusion of anything else is not perhaps the the best idea but then to be fair TPTB have no say in what gets put in these things.

Beckett becoming Captain was a no brainer as soon as PJJ got the heave ho and they're going to keep the tone fun (for now) because they want general viewers kept in the dark about what's about to happen. I try not to watch the sneak peeks any more but I'll be interested to see what they stick in them this time around.

As for the fact she's still wearing a ring I'm not surprised it's still on why would she take it off, they're still in love. 

Edited by verdana

But in terms of Castle accepting it, it doesn't matter how the show works, that's just how relationships work.  If one person wants out, the relationship is over.  I'm hoping we won't see him just let Kate walk away, and that we'll see him pushing Kate to let him back in (but also being angry about it).

Contradiction, no?

Once Beckett walks away (whether for his safety or various other reasons) that relationship is over (by your logic). Whatever Castle does to try and stop her walking away is pointless, if she wants to end it, it's over. At that point, I struggle to see how Castle doesn't look completely passive to it all. He essentially is just sitting there waiting until she learns what a marriage is, or the threat/case is 'over' once again.

(I understand completely that Castle will probably try and do his own investigating and actions into making the situation safe again, I just think it's completely insane to have Beckett try and do it on her own again. That's the point I'm making. The premise is cringeworthy to me.)

As for your point on the job interview and you not being able to think of a time she has done anything like it since. Well this season appears to be the perfect 'well here you go' example doesn't it? Given all the spoilers.

"People make mistakes and then they grow from them, and that is what we've seen with Beckett." - If this season is about her doing things on her own, keeping secrets, and ending the relationship under the assumption it keeps Castle safe. Isn't it fair for the audience to suggest that she has clearly learned nothing? If she goes back to trying to do it all on her own. Isn't that a fair thing to say at that point?

Edited by Chado
  • Love 1
This is my biggest fear. And what I was talking about when I said about making Castle too passive. I'm afraid that this whole season will turn into a Beckett v Castle discussion over the decision she makes again without him.

This story could make the blame game over the douchebag arc look tame in comparison, that only lasted four episodes but it felt like forever mostly because of the fan fury and discussion it generated over who was most at fault. 

Some fans are going to refer back to her past behaviour no question and say she never learns given everything that's happened and why is Castle being so passive again the characters should have moved on and be past all this etc. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

Women of ABC - 2015 Promo (HD)

Fred ‏@FredBC77  2 hrs2 hours ago
#Castle Writers-Directors
Ep801: TPW/A.Hawley-R.Bowman
Ep802: TPW/A.Hawley-P.Holahan
Ep803: B.O'Brien-L.Shaw
Ep804: C.Gomez Creasey-R.Bowman

God Castle is going to be dark in more ways than one by the looks of it with Bowman doing so many. 

Chad Gomez Creasey ‏@chadgcreasey  2 hrs2 hours ago
Prep for #Castle 804 officially starts tomorrow. Beyond psyched to be working with The Man, The Myth, The Bowman as my director!

Chad loves him though lol. 

Edited by verdana

I don't think anyone says they don't like Bowman's directing, except those of us who can't see it! ;)

Like him or not, looks like he'll be taking on more work as one of the most senior people on Castle.  Wouldn't be surprised if even the new showrunners defer to him.

Not surprised by the tone of the promo, because I think the network sees Castle as an upbeat, light hearted brand and promotes it as such, though a bit surprised they've revealed that Castle will be a PI full time.  Guess people will be thinking they've revealed too much about Caskett's respective jobs, except of course, the real surprises are coming.;)

Molly posted a note on twitter: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CMGkqx1UYAAgecU.jpg:large

Has there been Drama over this?  I'd much rather focus on Alexis' intelligence and ambitions than her sex life, too.  Guess she has to thank TV Line (?) for the Sex & the City reference with Alexis.  I forget if it was something more concrete, or just their usual conjecture.  That said, sexual experiences are often a part of growing up and I wouldn't be opposed to the show exploring it in a meaningful way for young adults and not in a cheap, comedic way.  They did that, along with teenage pregnancy, on Parenthood.  I would have thought that they glossed over that aspect of Alexis' life when she, er, moved in to live with Pi, but who knows?  I would actually find a father/daughter scene on the topic interesting, because Castle having Alexis so young in his life has definitely impacted on him.  I'm not sure about this but I think I read somewhere that Molly wears a chastity ring, and if she doesn't believe in sex before marriage herself, maybe that's why she reacted to all the mentions about Alexis' sex life.  I'm fine with Alexis having or not having sex, as long as they make an interesting story out of it for the character if they intend to address it.

The Castle fandom consists of a lot of young fangirls and it's interesting to observe that there's a lot more adoration for Beckett and gravitation towards seeing her as a role model rather than someone like Alexis who might be closer to their own age.  There's been more hate than empathy for Alexis at times as she's grown up.  Writers partly to blame with their badly written stuff of course.

OT: Watched the Blindspot pilot, which, if I recall correctly, will be Castle's competition.  That's one hour of my life I won't get back!  So, so bad. Castle has nothing to worry about even if it's terrible this season if that's the competition.  The mystery is about a (badass, naturally ;)) woman who crawls out naked covered in tattoos in Times Square.  I know, right? And they just didn't make me care about it.  Maybe I wasn't in a suspense/thriller kind of mood.  Maybe because I watched it after watching another terrible pilot, Lucifer.  Basically, that was a show set in Castle's mould except Castle is Lucifer (the devil, literally) and Beckett is another straight woman detective character.  Goes to show that many shows try to replicate that male/female antagonistic dynamic and chemistry that Caskett and Nathan and Stana had from the start, but most fall far short.

Edited by madmaverick

So, just to clarify, Beckett will be wanting to break up with Castle for real (for good?) for his own safety?  It's not a fake break up for public appearances (why not do that instead?).  It's not a fake break up in the sense that we're breaking up but not really breaking up because we still love each other and will be together as soon as the threat is eliminated?

At least she won't be lying to him about not loving him any more, for his own good, right?  That would be too hurtful.  

• Love 2

So, just to clarify, Beckett will be wanting to break up with Castle for real (for good?) for his own safety?  It's not a fake break up for public appearances (why not do that instead?).  It's not a fake break up in the sense that we're breaking up but not really breaking up because we still love each other and will be together as soon as the threat is eliminated?

At least she won't be lying to him about not loving him any more, for his own good, right?  That would be too hurtful.  

As far as I'm aware there is nothing fake about it at all. She breaks up with him.

I'm sure the writers will dangle their potential reunion over our heads all season to try and keep people interested in the premise. I'm interested to see if they use Hayley or the tech guy as PLIs for even more angst. Not that I think the audience will ever be made to believe they'd sleep with other people, but I'm sure we will see the characters think that at some point in the season. Nothing works best like jealousy when it comes to WTWT.

Regarding this concept that they will be apart for the better part of the season - has this been confirmed, or is it just conjecture at this point? We've been debating the fake vs. real breakup and the 2 eps vs all season breakup for so long now that I'm confused. I love a good reunion scene as much as the next shipper, but I don't think my poor heart can take seeing them unhappily separated for too long. Unless their plan is to make me long for the good old days of the case is over, glass of wine on the couch together scenes. 

• Love 1

Contradiction, no?

Once Beckett walks away (whether for his safety or various other reasons) that relationship is over (by your logic). Whatever Castle does to try and stop her walking away is pointless, if she wants to end it, it's over. At that point, I struggle to see how Castle doesn't look completely passive to it all. He essentially is just sitting there waiting until she learns what a marriage is, or the threat/case is 'over' once again.

(I understand completely that Castle will probably try and do his own investigating and actions into making the situation safe again, I just think it's completely insane to have Beckett try and do it on her own again. That's the point I'm making. The premise is cringeworthy to me.)

I was just speaking in general about relationships. You don't need both parties to agree to a break up. My assumption is that Beckett doesn't actually want to walk away, but thinks it's for the best. My hope is that Castle tries to convince her she's wrong, because like you say, otherwise he comes off as passive. Because even though both parties don't need to agree, it doesn't mean the second person can't argue their POV for staying together.

As for your point on the job interview and you not being able to think of a time she has done anything like it since. Well this season appears to be the perfect 'well here you go' example doesn't it? Given all the spoilers.

"People make mistakes and then they grow from them, and that is what we've seen with Beckett." - If this season is about her doing things on her own, keeping secrets, and ending the relationship under the assumption it keeps Castle safe. Isn't it fair for the audience to suggest that she has clearly learned nothing? If she goes back to trying to do it all on her own. Isn't that a fair thing to say at that point?

That was my point, it is out of character for her to be doing things on her own because it goes against all her actions for the past two seasons. Until now it seems like she had learned from her mistakes. I was reacting to the comment that it is typical behavior for Beckett to be making unilateral decisions for both her and Castle. I think it is very much the opposite.

Regarding this concept that they will be apart for the better part of the season - has this been confirmed, or is it just conjecture at this point? We've been debating the fake vs. real breakup and the 2 eps vs all season breakup for so long now that I'm confused. I love a good reunion scene as much as the next shipper, but I don't think my poor heart can take seeing them unhappily separated for too long. Unless their plan is to make me long for the good old days of the case is over, glass of wine on the couch together scenes.

The length of the split is conjecture.

So, just to clarify, Beckett will be wanting to break up with Castle for real (for good?) for his own safety? It's not a fake break up for public appearances (why not do that instead?). It's not a fake break up in the sense that we're breaking up but not really breaking up because we still love each other and will be together as soon as the threat is eliminated?

At least she won't be lying to him about not loving him any more, for his own good, right? That would be too hurtful.

In that script page that leaked Beckett is telling him she loves him. I think the word "fake" can be misleading. Because it seems to me that if she's doing this for his safety and still wants to be with him it's not a full on real break up, even if it's not them putting on a show pretending they hate each other. Edited by KaveDweller
The mystery is about a (badass, naturally ;)) woman who crawls out naked covered in tattoos in Times Square.  I know, right?

There is no mystery, this badass woman obviously had a frenetic night of debauchery and now can't find her clothes and is trying to get home under her own steam, happens all the time but it never gets it's own TV show unless you're talking Ibiza Uncovered.  

Thanks for suffering through it so I don't have to but I'll stick to Castle PI.

Molly posted a note on twitter: https://pbs.twimg.co...AgecU.jpg:large

Sounds like no one is getting any action then boo!  Looks like Martha has a more active sex life than all the rest of them put together. Heh

I bet fans have been giving Molly grief ever since that TV Line article came out. 

• Love 1

The Castle fandom consists of a lot of young fangirls and it's interesting to observe that there's a lot more adoration for Beckett and gravitation towards seeing her as a role model rather than someone like Alexis who might be closer to their own age.  There's been more hate than empathy for Alexis at times as she's grown up.  Writers partly to blame with their badly written stuff of course.

I think there are a few reasons. Firstly she's been written with no genuine consistency over the last 2-3 seasons and it's like the writers don't know what to do with her and every time she pops up these days it's a reminder she sadly has no real purpose on the show any more and (b) she's seen by some (rightly or wrongly) as being either ambivalent or actually against Beckett and her dad getting together at times and that's lethal. Throw in the odd remark from Molly that is perhaps less that well judged and it's a combination that is not going to make you popular in comparison to badass Beckett and her epic love story with Castle.  

Castle and Beckett always work better as a team united against the enemy especially when it comes to Bracken and that's what Marlowe finally got right as Kate went awol after Maddox then came apologetically to Castle's door. But now it looks as if the new writers are going to knock down those building blocks which were painfully put together and start the process over again with the couple having to find their way.

I can't wait to see how they're going to try and pull it off without annoying a huge swathe of the fanbase who were convinced that lessons had been learnt and everyone had moved on from season 4.

Edited by verdana

Not only that, Bracken's secret is out, there are more people who know what's happened than just Castle. This premise makes it seem like they're the only 2 who have knowledge of Bracken's crimes so Castle is the one who's threatened. But that's not true. So again, what is the point? And on top of that, the other show it gets compared to all the time has already done not only the 'leaving for your own good' but also a true separation due to Booth's addiction to gambling.

I really hate it when tv showrunners decide to try to make their shows more than what they are, and this just screams that for me. How about showing Beckett having growing pains in her new role as captain? Show her making mistakes and having trouble navigating the politics involved without her number one supporter there all the time.

Maybe I need to just quit watching tv altogether. I don't expect my fluff shows to constantly piss me off like this year after year. It's not that type of party, yo.

• Love 3

I have been absent from all the Castle forums since the S7 finale, but I have been trying to catch up after reading the recent spoilers from the show runners and the information about the new characters. I was unable to login until today, but I have been reading the comments posted here dated since Sunday. I must have missed the memo about the upcoming breakup. Who is the source for this information about a breakup? Has the split been confirmed by someone from the network or the show? I can’t imagine that the new leaders are choosing to split them up as part of their new storytelling. It doesn’t make much sense. It took 6 ½ years to get married, but only after 6 months Caskett is breaking up? That seems like a sure way to lose viewers quickly. I noticed that Bracken is coming back in the premiere which suggests that he must be involved in some way causing trouble for Caskett, but seriously, Beckett decides to break up with Castle to keep him safe. Let us hope it doesn’t last too long. Until I read the posts here, I expected from the spoilers that the show was taking on a theme from "The Blacklist” series (secret organization, cabal, CIA, etc). As far as Castle working separately as a PI again, that same arc provided some of the lowest season 7 ratings in both the demo and in viewers.  If it presents that Caskett will be separated most of the time and there will be no resemblance of a home life, the show will lose viewers quickly which is a sad story for such a successful series. There must be serious BTS issues at work for the network to approve such a change in format at this point in the series. What seems amazing is that the network simply thinks that the audience will accept whatever happens and viewers will keep watching given the significant drop (30%) in viewership from last season.

Edited by VinceW
I'm fine with Alexis having or not having sex, as long as they make an interesting story out of it for the character if they intend to address it.

I don't care if Alexis has sex, but isn't it a little late for outrage? What the hell did she and Pi do when living together, play Go Fish?

• Love 3

TVLine posted a blind item about a show having a couple break up that sounded very much like Castle. halwideman, confirmed this was the case, but no, it has not been confirmed by anyone on the show. There was a page from the script posted where you could only see a few words, but could definitely be an angsty break up scene (or not).

Not only that, Bracken's secret is out, there are more people who know what's happened than just Castle. This premise makes it seem like they're the only 2 who have knowledge of Bracken's crimes so Castle is the one who's threatened. But that's not true.

It does look like Castle gets in danger at some point, based on that pic someone posted Stana's first day back in set. It looked like he was captured/hurt and Beckett was relieved to find him. So there must be a real threat from someone.

Throw in the odd remark from Molly that is perhaps less that well judged and it's a combination that is not going to make you popular in comparison to badass Beckett and her epic love story with Castle.

And a lot of displeasure was generated over how Alexis treated Castle during the arc-of-Pi.

Poor Molly, she never did get that romantic scene.

Lucky us. :P

I don't care if Alexis has sex, but isn't it a little late for outrage? What the hell did she and Pi do when living together, play Go Fish?

Lol!  Make fruit smoothies?  Ponder the meaning of life?  Bash Dad?  Pi abstained from so many foods, maybe he also abstained from sex.  But he did have the pornstache for it!

Previous Castle Posters - a quick run through of them, it's a quite change for Katic from the adorable dorkyness of S1 to the glossy tressed super glam look in the latter seasons.  

Worst one has got to be the "caught in the act" poster, it doesn't even look like Nathan and her arm looks painfully photoshopped. Horrible. 

And a lot of displeasure was generated over how Alexis treated Castle during the arc-of-Pi.

Oh yeah that was probably the tipping point for many, it was for me.

seamusdever: My favorite Castle season 8 poster so far. @rainbowkatic #aforeffort #reducereuserecycle @Castle_ABC https://pbs.twimg.co...V6pVEAAlZ4M.jpg

Hahahaha.... though I was kind of hoping it was the original pilot poster (the one without Ryan and with the random not-Ryan that was replaced after the pilot was filmed) with Seamus's head pasted onto it.

But somehow a giant red X over Montgomery made me laugh, too.

I was feeling sorry for poor Montgomery and Gates.  And imagining a poster with Ryan and Esposito crossed out replaced by the two new cast members heh.

Thanks for the trip down poster memory lane.  So they did have more than one poster for some seasons, if never another photoshoot.  Stana's look has definitely glammed up.  Why do actresses always do the parted lips look?  Possibly at the photographer's request, but actors never have to do it. ;) It never comes off very natural to me so I'm not big on it.  

Notice also how the writing theme was phased out of the posters, leaving only the crime theme on occasion, but mostly just the Caskett theme.  And getting less and less creative with the tagline, to the point of not having one. ;)

You would think they would put more effort into the poster which ends up as the DVD cover as covers do help sell DVDs, but nope.

One thing that bugs me about the latest photoshopped poster is that their head size isn't really in proportion, and Stana comes off as not looking exactly at Nathan.

Now that's a character driven break-up scenario that actually makes sense. Freaking out about something so much like her Mom's death would push her to revert to her old ways of thinking.

• Love 3

But her ultimate solution to that previously buried fear surfacing is to leave which surely makes him more vulnerable in certain ways not less to that fear being fully realised? 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

But her ultimate solution to that previously buried fear surfacing is to leave which surely makes him more vulnerable in certain ways not less to that fear being fully realised?

I assume Beckett is thinking that them being together puts Castle in the most danger.

As sad as she probably is about not being with him, I think she'd be inconsolable if he got killed.

Sure plot-wise this would be contrived, but the characterization would make sense to me.

Edited by Sara2009
  • Love 1

Susan Sullivan ‏@realssullivan  5h5 hours ago

Hey @NathanFillion thanks for the delicious peaches almost as sweet and luscious as you!#lovemotheringyou

Nathan Fillion ‏@NathanFillion  38 mins38 minutes ago

You're the peach.

Aww I love these two together.  

Please lets have some decent mother/son moments, they were sorely lacking last season and with luck we may get to see more of Martha as she urgently dispenses some marital advice to her son. 

• Love 1

Love Susan and Nathan together too.  So sweet.  And luscious, apparently, hehe.  But I think Nathan would find that compliment just peachy.

Now for a tweet of the peaches to say that things are peachy on set too.

I miss the fruit references on Castle.  Castle's "you smell like cherries" was classic of course.  Another one like that would be nice.  Heh, can you imagine Beckett telling him he's a peach?  I never saw "babe" coming, so never say never.  And I like how Castle cuts up his fruit into smiley breakfast faces for Beckett and Alexis.  It's cute.

Please lets have some decent mother/son moments, they were sorely lacking last season and with luck we may get to see more of Martha as she urgently dispenses some marital advice to her son.

Exactly what I was thinking!  Martha urgently needed, especially in times of crisis.  Martha and Castle are great together in any scene, but I love their poignant scenes together.  Like the one where she told him not to waste another second of it.  Now that I think of it, i don't know that Martha's the one to dispense marital advice, but definitely life advice. I'd like to see her offering that to Castle, and Beckett as well, and Alexis. Give the woman more to do!

Edited by madmaverick
  • Love 1

Exactly what I was thinking!  Martha urgently needed, especially in times of crisis.  Martha and Castle are great together in any scene, but I love their poignant scenes together.  Like the one where she told him not to waste another second of it.  Now that I think of it, i don't know that Martha's the one to dispense marital advice, but definitely life advice. I'd like to see her offering that to Castle, and Beckett as well, and Alexis. Give the woman more to do!

Yeah I take that back no marital advice. She's been married er twice or was it three times? I don't know if they ever stated how many but it's definitely once. I know the last time her husband bankrupted her (hence she moved into the loft) but sensible, practical advice definitely. I'd like to have a scene where they have a sit down like they used to and talk about what's bothering him and then she goes to Beckett, Susan has good chemistry with both actors but there's a special bond between her and Fillion that carries through very well in the on screen relationship. 

Edited by verdana

From Ask Ausiello

Question: Is there going to be a time jump when Castle returns? If so, how long? —Gabi
Ausiello: “Only a few months” will have passed since the events of the Season 7 finale, co-showrunner Alexi Hawley says. But oh, how much has changed! (And that’s not even to mention the new little one Ryan and Jenny have on the way.)

Don't really care about another baby, never seen the first one yet much.

The time jump is to be expected, gives them time to boot Gates upstairs and get Beckett into the swing of things.

Edited by verdana

Not on my list of favourite guest stars to return, as I prefer my Adam Baldwin/Det. Slaughter in smaller doses, but it can depend on what they do with him.  Didn't dislike Headhunters; it was more that it was part of the Douchebag Arc that didn't make me a big fan of all those episodes.  And I still wish Castle had kept that brown leather jacket (Browncoat!) because it was one of the few jackets from Luke that looked good on Castle.

If I remember correctly, AH wrote Headhunters and enjoyed the Nathan/Adam chemistry, so I think that may be why Slaughter will be making a return.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/13/castle-adam-baldwin-season-8

This DJ is apparently quite a big fan of Nathan and met him on set through the sound guy, Erik.  Kind of cute.

http://www.mix1077.com/onair/jeff-gina-and-dave-17707/ginas-dream-come-true-omg-its-13852072/

Spoiler alert: Castle's still wearing a blue shirt in 803 again and still wearing a ring for ring spotters heh.  Didn't he wear a blue shirt as well in 801 when meeting fans?  Castle's got to do laundry sometimes ;), or does he have dozens of these shirts in his wardrobe?  Does Beckett (Luke) have a secret blue shirt fetish that we don't know about? ;)

Edited by madmaverick

Aww, I don't mind another Ryan baby. Ryan is Irish Catholic, after all. He's probably not unfamiliar with large families. Hopefully he won't miss the birth of this one, too.

Castle's got to do laundry sometimes ;),

Every night apparently, based on the frequency of that grey, denim-y looking button down he (and Beckett) favored last season. But yeah, it would be nice to see Castle in colors other than blue ... and I say that as someone whose favorite color is blue.

If I remember correctly, AH wrote Headhunters and enjoyed the Nathan/Adam chemistry, so I think that may be why Slaughter will be making a return.

http://www.ew.com/ar...aldwin-season-8

Umm... what does it say about me if my first gut reaction to this news was "boy, I can smell all the hate and shade NF is going to get for that". Because, you know. He wants to turn Castle into Firefly and bring all his sci-fi buddies over there to replace Beckett. Working on it for 7 years and counting.

I have to get off social media.

• Love 1

With the return of Beckett's walls and Detective Slaughter, it's beginning to make sense that the official S8 poster came from the S4 photoshoot. Heh. 

Nothing against this news, really. I remember Nathan identifying Slaughter first in the list of characters he wanted to return in their last Paley. And I must be one of the very few who actually liked Headhunters and all the Caskett angst therein. 

• Love 1

They should have made Castle like Jon Stewart, who apparently wore the same thing to work every day for years, and obviously wore a suit and tie for his show every night.  Some writer quirk where he HAS to wear the same thing every day.  Would have saved Luke a lot of work. ;)  Or maybe Luke's theme for Castle last season was 50 Shades of Grey, and this season it's 50 Shades of Blue.  Pity we rarely see anything naughty come of it!  I actually don't dislike Castle in a blue or grey shirt, but variety is the spice of life.

Umm... what does it say about me if my first gut reaction to this news was "boy, I can smell all the hate and shade NF is going to get for that". Because, you know. He wants to turn Castle into Firefly and bring all his sci-fi buddies over there to replace Beckett. Working on it for 7 years and counting.

You are not alone. ;)  Haters always going to hate and they've been singing the same tune loudly for years.

Now that the actors are producers, I'm prepared for NF to get all the criticism for the bad storylines and SK all the credit for the badass ones. Because, you know, AH and TPW are just their puppets now. ;)  And I can foresee he's going to take a lot of heat after the show airs for what he supposedly said to that Italian reporter, as she interpreted them.

Edited by madmaverick

I don't mind a return from Slaughter. He was interesting, at least. I am m going to be surprised if they have Castle ride along with him though ... last time, Castle very clearly didn't enjoy it like he thought he would and ended up not having all that much respect for the guy, either. It might be interesting for Slaughter to pop back in and wonder where the book based on him was. And I always wondered how Castle did at the testimony that Slaughter wasn't as bad as everyone made him out to be. :)

But of course people are going to look at that and yell because Nathan and Adam Baldwin are friends and Firefly buddies. If Slaughter had been played by anyone else, I doubt people would care if he came back.

But if we're getting old guest stars back ... can we please, please get Jordan Shaw back? She's one character I'd love to show up again.

Edited by McManda
  • Love 1