Type keyword(s) to search

Billy Bones: Say It Ain't So!

According to the TV interview, Billy Bones is going to experience some horrible things.  My guess is that the writers will have him captured by the crew of the Scarborough and imprisoned or forced into indentured servitude.  If he somehow manages to escape or is released from jail he's going to have a mighty huge grudge against Flint.  I think it would be interesting to have Billy as Flint's nemesis.

have him captured by the crew of the Scarborough and imprisoned or forced into indentured servitude.  If he somehow manages to escape or is released from jail he's going to have a mighty huge grudge against Flint.  I think it would be interesting to have Billy as Flint's nemesis.

My first thought was : Nope. Didn't see a body so Billy is alive out there somewhere...

Did Flint actually push him off the ship?

I'm glad I didn't notice.  I don't know the actors' names well enough yet to have spotted that so it came as a huge shock.  I was pretty sure he'd be back eventually but not this quickly.

Good job by the show-runners in keeping it under their hats that he was in Season 2.  I also appreciate the fan service of putting him in the very first scene so that people who DID spot his name in the opening credits didn't feel too spoiled by them.

Can't wait for his first scene with Flint where, I presume, we'll finally find out if he was washed overboard or was pushed.  Aaaand then we'll see how Billy feels about Flint having murdered Gates.

He was one of my favorites earlier in the series.  I thought he had quite legitimate grievances against Flint. And the actor is so very handsome.  However,  I should have kept 

Spoiler

the book in mind and never got attached to Billy, sigh.  John Silver, while a "villain" in the book was based on a charismatic real life friend of the author and it shows. The author and readers love Silver.   I don't think Billy Bones was based on anybody the author cared for, lol.

To get to Treasure Island Billy Bones and John Silver had to be on very different trajectories. But it still sucks to watch it play out.

Well, as things stand right now him

Spoiler

escaping Silver's fury and living to be an old man in constant fear

is a far sight better than he actually deserves.

Edited by Kathemy
1 hour ago, Kathemy said:

Well, as things stand right now him

Hide contents

escaping Silver's fury and living to be an old man in constant fear

is a far sight better than he actually deserves.

So true. Though I just had a thought. In the preview for next week's episode it looks like Billy

Spoiler

holds a knife to Madi's throat. If he does something despicable to her i.e. rape, that would certainly be enough for him to be deathly afraid of Silver because right now even with all that's happened the show has not really shown me why Billy would be that fearful of Silver and why Silver would hate him with the heat of a thousand suns.

I hope the show don't go there. I'd be very upset if they do, but I feel like more needs to happen to solidify the hatred and fear between these two. 

Edited by Enero

Billy helped sink their ship and slaughtered Silver's crew sitting in the comfortable safety of a boat, picking them off like fish in a barrel. I'd say that merits more than a fair share of hate.

However, the last episode really does need to solidify exactly why Billy is so terrified of Silver.

• Love 1
On 3/30/2014 at 6:16 PM, Morrigan2575 said:

Love Billy, one of the few truly good characters on the show

I felt the same way back in April 2014.  But oh, how far he has fallen.  Shooting his former "brothers" as they swim for their lives . . . damn.  At least he spared Ben Gunn (and his beautiful blue eyes) but . . . damn.

1 minute ago, WatchrTina said:

I felt the same way back in April 2014.  But oh, how far he has fallen.  Shooting his former "brothers" as they swim for their lives . . . damn.  At least he spared Ben Gunn (and his beautiful blue eyes) but . . . damn.

It's really hard to watch. This show has made me love characters I previously hated and hate characters I previously liked but, it's really hard to watch what they're doing with Billy

2 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

This show has made me love characters I previously hated and hate characters I previously liked

And THAT is what makes this show so good.  They knew where they had to end up . . . they knew they had to end with certain characters teed up to play out their roles as written in Treasure Island and then they deliberately started those characters well away from what they had to become.  I remember in season one when we met "John Silver" and I thought . . . "Seriously?  This schmuck?"  I don't think I've ever actually read Treasure Island but you can't help but know that "Long John Silver" was the BAMF in that book.  I'm grateful I only ever had the vaguest of notions of who the other characters were in TI so I didn't know where Billy was headed.  It made me able to cheer for him in the seasons before and it makes me break my heart over him now.