Type keyword(s) to search

Season Two General Discussion

The second season starts in two weeks!    Can you believe it?     !!!!!   

Or maybe it has already started, with the Christmas episode that just aired.    Anyone else watch it?

Edited by clod
  • Love 1

Cannot believe they are actually going with this show again with all that has come out about this family.   They don't really live this way.   Yeah, "reality" shows lie.   But usually once the truth is out there, they drop the show.   And really indictments should spell the end of a show.

• Love 2

It's amazing what kind of crap gets picked up for another season.  This fake family and their wilderness shtick.  We already read online about their big house, the Dad who's a published writer and their website.  I don't believe anything that comes out of their mouths, but here I am watching it just the same.  I'm a sucker for Alaska shows.

• Love 1

Saw last night's episode. Uh...yeah. Aside from the scripted garbage, what I found the most annoying part was the 'and coming up after the break' previews followed by a recap of what the previous ten minutes just showed us. Really-- I'm capable of retaining information a good fifteen or even twenty minutes, let alone ten. I kept thinking that they must not have enough footage for a full hour long (okay, 48 minute) long episode if they needed this much padding.

• Love 3

Now the dad is sinking another boat!  I thought he was an experienced fisherman or something.  He's tooling along in a boat that's taken on so much water, the back end is riding really low, yet he needs his boys in the boat behind him to let him know that.  I just think the dad is a disaster, and he doesn't actually seem to do much work either.

And why is the mom running around with that many rotten teeth in her mouth?  They actually do have money so why let that go.  Fix Birdie's snaggle tooth, too.  Every time she speaks, I think she's going to cut her lip on that jagged front tooth.

• Love 2

Pretty stupid of the mother to let her teeth go like that. All those kids need dental work, esp birdie with that front tooth! What the heck is wrong with these parents? Their kids are all going to have rotten teeth, then good luck eating meat. 

• Love 3

Aside from the pain involved in rotting teeth, the side effects can lead to serious heart disease and eventual shortened lives and death--as happened to an elderly relative of mine. Rita was terrified of dentists, refused to go for decades. It finally led to complications which killed her. No kidding.

Stupid is as stupid does.

• Love 1

She may well be; lots of people have phobias against dentists and it's common enough but that's a trade off to pain and serious long term effects and consequences.

Last season they quickly took the youngest daughter to a dentist when she needed it, made an episode out of their concern and catching fish for barter/payment. I get that mom may have issues (hell's belles--I have dental issues myself) but man up and get the teeth dealt with so you don't cause more and more serious problems for yourself and your family when you hit a crisis and need help now. If they ever make it to their bear infested property 300 miles up river then having a couple of teeth pulled will become a much bigger situation.

Common sense.

• Love 1

I have weird issues with teeth and hope that I never have to hear a dentist tell me "Of your remaining teeth...."

So was the family really living in that 800 sq ft apartment and sleeping in closets? I get their Wolfpack mentality but don't the older ones want their own place? I mean they seem to be good at manual labor and could probably make some money and afford their own place. Or do they all secretly live separately when not filming?

Noah--is he the one who was talking about getting to know someone for 2 years? First of all, he looks like he should be wearing a fedora, secondly, in the 15th century no one took two years to get to know their mate before dating. No one dated. Everyone was married to their cousins by like age 14!

• Love 1
(edited)

they mentioned   "going home"   enough.

previews show a lot more gun scenes this year.    maybe an attempt to make the show more interesting.

crazy thoughts:   pay a boater to move them to that island.   ?    or,  buy one better boat instead of two not-better boats?      make two trips to move everyone.  ?

are we sure that problem boat had two engines?    if so, why wasn't that mentioned when they were trying to get it started for the first time?

apparently they were in that apartment for nearly a year.   why didn't the six men get regular jobs, instead of doing odd jobs?

it wouldn't fit the storyline.     {edit}  maybe they did, but it wasn't shown.

Edited by clod
  • Love 1

After reading how this show is based on their past history, I am betting Mamma has just fine teeth and those are fakes for the show.  

Same with all of them living in a tiny apartment.   On the other hand, having a regular job with a regular paycheck is against their "living off the land" philosophy.   Scrounging and wondering if they will even eat their next meal makes for better drama.   I see the same thing on Down East Dickering.

• Love 1

I noticed that when the "dentist" held up Mrs. Brown's x-ray, production had blurred out the date on it, but not her name so, at the very least, we're not talking about current events.  But I'm being too kind.  I think their whole story is contrived.  Why would experienced "bush dwellers" wear leather jackets to spend the winter outside in Alaska?  Why would they abandon their land just because a neighbor set off some fireworks?  Why wouldn't they be able to tell the difference between gunfire and fireworks in the first place?

• Love 2

Okay, Here we go. I checked out this show the other night. Are you kidding me? Let's think about this mess:

The kids are no doubt inbred (hear the banjos)

The one boy has r***** strength.

The kid that thinks he's a bear is obviously also r*******.

The serious older brother will no doubt end up a serial killer.

The mother has like one good tooth.

The father is basically a sorry ass.

The one daughter is named snow cat or something.

I think they take turns nailing the older sister.

They try and pay for shit with fish.

The kids are convinced that they are living the good life.

How about their speech issues.

WTF is going on here?

This is some scary shit!

I was rooting for the boat to sink - ending the inbreeding!

• Love 2

Several of them have been charged with fraud and felony theft and are rewarded with a television show.

Don't doubt this for a second but I'm curious--does anyone have any legit details? Indictments? Warrants? Charges? I've heard unsubstantiated rumors but nothing concrete.

Inquiring minds want to know.

• Love 1

My understanding is that the adult members of the family have been charged with fraud in regard to receiving Permanent Fund checks.  It was reported in various Alaskan newspapers, but I haven't been able to find any news of what happened after that...whether they had to repay the money or were found not guilty.  The gist of the charges were that they didn't spend enough time in Alaska during certain years to establish residency.  You can be absent for a maximum of 180 days per year, so it sounds like the state is alleging they were living elsewhere for too long.

I do know that any forum I've been on with people that actually live in Alaska, the common consensus is that the Brown family is one big fat fraud all around.

Edited by technorebel
  • Love 2

Now they're wandering around on Chichagof Island in their leather jackets in the rain like bikers lost in the woods. These people are not right in the head.  Plus, there are an astonishing number of bears there.  It's an accident waiting to happen. 

• Love 2

I keep wondering what happens when mom's abscessed teeth act up, they only have one boat which may/may not run (if it has gas) and how long the good people of that tiny village they abandoned the big, dead boat will put up with it taking up dock space. And what will they do with the hulk when they get tired of looking at that eyesore?

Plus how are they going to deal with an island full of hungry bears? Post 24/7 lookouts? String alarms around their homestead consisting of fishing wire hung with old cans? They said they're 300 miles from Ketchican--that's a long trip for more ammo and meds should they run out, especially when they needed a ride to just get there. Think they worked out a barter to pay the friend for his however many gallons of fuel he burned to haul their sorry asses to their new Eden?

Uh-huh. This was filmed at least a few months ago--anyone know if they're still in their wilderness paradise? And yes, it's absolutely beautiful there

edited because I'm a crappy typist..

Edited by Beden
  • Love 4

For that matter, what happened to the cabin the townspeople helped them build on the last plot of land?  I guess someone else will have to come along and clean up the messes after the Browns.  Discovery has been busy scrubbing Facebook pages and what-not, which only makes me more suspicious about this family.  Apparently the truth conflicts with "reality".

• Love 1

I promised myself I wouldn't watch this thing again after last season's total unbelieveability. 

But after watching Gold Rush, this show appeared on my screen and I am ashamed I couldn't turn away from it.  I can't explain why.  Maybe it's like watching some bizarre nature documentary that is so strange and alien to my ability to comprehend exactly what's going on with these people that I simply can't flip the channel to something else.  I probably just need therapy tho.  :)

I am convinced this show is probably very nearly 100% BS.  Yes, yes, I know -- there usually is very little reality on "Reality TV".  But I can't believe nearly anything I'm seeing from this TV show.  I'm not even convinced this is this guy's real family and those are actually his kids.  I mean, they all seem to speak with different accents a lot of the time (though they seemed to have toned it down a bit this season).  He claims he has virtually no $$, but can somehow scrape up enough money to buy 2 boats and presumably the gas to run them.  Not to mention the land he bought as well. 

And I can't believe either the older males would want to stick around the family like that.  Wouldn't they want to venture out on their own instead of always been crowded together with all the other siblings all the time?   Yep, I sure would want to hang around my wacko parents who think it's just great to shack up in the Alaska wilderness that's got more bears per capita than probably anywhere else this side of the Chicago Bears lockeroom.  And then having to spend a freaking winter up there in Alaska to boot.  Just how the heck can they possibly winterize that place in time for the winter time --  much less provide for their large family with food.  Even though there are bears they, don't they hibernate during winter?  And that would be a heck of a lot of fish to catch with one's hands to feed all that crew.  Not to mention if they would have some sort of medical emergency, being 300 miles away from a hospital can be more than a slight inconvenience.

But I am thinking too much, obviously.  This is pretty much a total and complete scripted TV show with scenes/scenarios pulled out of some producer's backside. 

And yet...I just can't turn away from it. 

• Love 3

And that's the other thing I have to call BS on about this alleged reality show (I know...I know...). As touched on by other posters, this is frigging Alaska. Winter is coming. It gets seriously cold, right? Hell's belles, I'm in the lower 48, in the northeast, have been all my life  and this is just about the first day above freezing in a couple of weeks--it was 6 the other day when I got up. I have a wood stove and own tons of sweaters and down coats and I still get cold. These idiots are going to go into an Alaskan winter in leather jackets? How--stuff newspapers under their shirts?

Insulate the yet to be built wonder house with lots of space and big picture windows and god knows what all else? With what? I missed the rolls of insulation on the friend's fishing boat and I suspect the friendly freighters and planes bringing in supplies may miss Bear Island. I'm guessing the sub-zero freezer won't be a problem.

And, yes, while I'm no Alaska expert, I know our local eastern bears do hibernate or seriously retreat to dens come winter. Of course they wake up eventually, hungry and often with cubs they tend to be a bit protective of. They can get...cranky and our bears are like big fluffy kittens compared to grizzlies, or so I've been told.

Which brings up brgjoe's comment about whether the kids are really all their kids (I dunno, maybe, maybe not. I can go either way about that but tend to believe they're all related)...I also question why the grown men are all still so tied to the family when they clearly make it known that they'd all like to find their own wimmen to share a yurt with. They were in Ketchican for a year--they never managed to date? Never hooked up? No wonder the one son likes to runrunrun, jumpjumpjump, climbclimbclimb. Lot's of excess energy to work off, I guess.

• Love 2

How long have they been filming?  The one son that was given the role as Skipper on the 2nd boat had very short hair in flashbacks of last season now sports long hair tied back.  How did he grow that much hair in one year.

And I certainly would not go on national TV showing my dental ex-rays with the dentist telling the whole world I have 6 teeth that need to be pulled due to decay.  If that is really true the pain would be so excruciating I don't know how she was standing there giggling about how she did not want to hold up their move to the BUSH and she would wait on getting them removed.  No way.

Edited by gaPeach
  • Love 2

How long have they been filming?  The one son that was given the role as Skipper on the 2nd boat had very short hair in flashbacks of last season now sports long hair tied back.  How did he grow that much hair in one year.

I have read that the first episodes were filmed in 2012.     they abandoned their new cabin and took a break for a few months.     then they were driving that first boat around........ was that spring/summer 2013?

• Love 2

I'm curious about the timeline myself.  That oldest daughter has a few videos up on YouTube.  In one, from 2008, she talks about how they're touring the country to promote her dad's book.  She says they were in Nashville to sign a movie deal and were going back to Alaska to film a documentary based on the book, only this was back in 2008.  I guess the movie never happened.  I don't remember a documentary about them either.  In one video, she's on a riding lawnmower on what looks like a basic suburban house.  I wondered if that's where they really live.

• Love 2

So if they are so phony why did they get this show?  I don't get it.  And why are grown men living with their parents and not starting their own families? 

I watch this show strictly for entertainment purposes only.  They are beyond weird.

• Love 3

This family has been marketing themselves for years,  I guess someone finally bit and gave them a show.  It also could be that Billy Brown's book "One Wave At a Time" caught a producer's attention, and things went from there.  I haven't read it but the Amazon reviews are good.

Being fake never stopped any other reality show.  I like watching Alaska the Last Frontier, but every time the narrator says something about how they won't make it through the winter if their hunt is unsuccessful, I'm thinking, "Or you could just drive up the road to the supermarket and get some food", because that is the real truth of the matter.   

I don't believe all those grown sons truly live with their parents but don't know for sure.

• Love 2

I live in Alaska and these people are an embarrassment, a joke and...how can I put this delicately - full of shit.

These idiots are laughing all the way to the bank. Several of them have been charged with fraud and felony theft and are rewarded with a television show. Ah, Hollywood, good to know that your integrity is still intact.

Yup, they're total frauds. From one Alaska person to another, if these people had to actually live in the bush and rely on themselves for real they'd be dead in a week.  They're not real frontiersmen, just overglorified grifters.

• Love 4

Okay, I can't help it; I think this has become my new favorite guilty pleasure. I may be in love, in fact.

So last night, how many colors of stupid do we have?

Let's see...the 'boys' manage to lose the crab pot, float and rope by not knowing the water depth. As we never heard or saw it again, shall we assume it's now lost? Maybe Noah can fashion a new one out of twigs. Then they manage to fail to secure the dingy so it sails out to sea on it's own. In an 'oh fuck' moment they then jump into the 40 degree water fully clothed to retrieve the thing, thus failing to have a set of dry clothes to change into and risking serious hypothermia. They also then failed to be able to help as much building the outhouse and trapper's shed (ie, the boys dorm) as they should have, causing the family work schedule to fall behind. Next we have whichever son it was breaking the chain saw, forcing another loss of time and efficiency as--naturally--they had failed to bring any replacement parts for one of the most vital pieces of their equipment.

Next we're treated to the family panic as the dynamic duo then go out to retrieve the lost crab pot in the dark, on unfamiliar waters without a flashlight and get their sorry asses lost, causing the film crew to mount a search operation at night in said unfamiliar waters. TV gold, I swear.

And, forgive my even asking this but maybe it would have been a better idea to, oh, I don't know, start construction on the homestead in, say spring rather than ten minutes before winter hit? Maybe? Oh, right, they were stuck in Ketchican doing nothing and couldn't get away.

I won't even bother with the girls playing with their dolls.

This show--what's not to love?

• Love 4

This show, I can't even.  I am so addicted, but it's so awfully bad.  Horrendous.  I can't stop laughing.  
Many points that don't make much sense to me: 
- they have, for the majority of their lives, not had an outhouse?  I know people who have lived off the grid and they all have had outhouses.  Why would you not have an outhouse?
- the jackets/gear.  What is the deal with not having warm enough clothing, they do not look like they should be in the backwoods of Alaska, by any means.  I mean, get some rain gear, ditch the leather jackets (how the hell can you work in a stiff heavy leather jacket?).  Get some bog-type boots.  I could go on (obviously). 
- where'd the kid's tattoo come from if they have been living in the bush for so damn long? I guess he could have gotten it while in Ketchican. 
- the cleaning of their bodies in the creek - they seriously can't figure out how to wash themselves solo?  They said, specifically, that they help each other, and there's a scene with one kid splashing the other kid's hair (I say kid...)
- How are they going to make it through winter with no root cellar of food? Eventually, the Great Value cans of beans will run out.  
- Why would they pick the most area with the most densely populated brown bears in the world?  I mean.  Zero sense, here, folks.  
- the accents.  What is with the accents?  The parents do not have these ridiculous sounding accents.  

Biggest question of all, this week: WHERE IS BAM?  Did he magically get off the island?

• Love 3

This is the second time they nearly lost the skiff!  Then two of the sons get lost and have to be rescued.  Do they send out a search and rescue team in Alaska for guys that have only been missing for three hours?  Seemed like overkill, and I guess they didn't find that missing crab pot. 

And why, oh why, would any of the boys be assigned to dishwashing duty when they have all the hard labor to do and the girls are playing with dolls and the mom is doing what exactly?  Nuttiness. 

Having recently read a book about bear attacks, the way this bunch skulks around, sneaking up on the bears is driving me crazy.  Bears don't like it when you sneak up on them and stand there staring and whispering to the camera crew.  It really pisses them off.  Plus they are so going to come into your camp after all that food you have around.

I think the bears are having a meeting right now to decide who they're going to chow down on first.  I'm voting for the dad.

Edited by technorebel
  • Love 3

- Why would they pick the most area with the most densely populated brown bears in the world?  I mean.  Zero sense, here, folks.

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe it has something to do with affordability based on Bears per square foot? A siding scale; the more bears, the less $ to buy the land?

Bears don't like it when you sneak up on them and stand there staring and whispering to the camera crew.  It really pisses them off.  Plus they are so going to come into your camp after all that food you have around.

Thank you. Last week a bear was surprised by hunters near where I live. Some idiot hunter stepped over a log, not looking where he was going and--oops--stepped on a mama bear who'd made a den there. She, not happy at being stepped on, bit the man's leg/foot and refused to let go. She was shot, mortally wounded and finally shot again to put her out of her misery. It was then discovered that 2 of her 4 infant cubs had been crushed to death in the melee. The remaining two are in some bear sanctuary being hand raised. True story. Oh, and I have the garbage cans with holes in the lids from a roaming bear looking for a free meal. I won't bore everyone with the also true story of the time I came home to find a bear in my kitchen...

Bears are the real deal. Seriously, don't fuck with them.

• Love 3

No that its all about me or anything, but when Papa Darlin' told the boys to "take charge and do what you have to do, I will not be here forever…" I felt like he'd read my TWOP and PTV entries about how these Grown Men do not have any alpha genes in them and are just waiting around for Papa Darlin' to order them around. Heh.  Then again, when that idiot broke the saw….maybe they cannot be trusted since they are too dumb to work solo?  WHY only one electric saw for the pack of them when they have to construct all sorts of abodes?  House…outhouse….shower….boys dorms….whatever else they come up with.  That is just too weird.  They also seem to not have much in the way of lighting….why didn't those boys take out a lamp or something when they went to get the crab cage they lost? That was weird.  It's not like they knew where they were going exactly.  With some light, they might have had some help looking at the land features around them…and might not have gone twice as far as they had gone when they lost the cage….

I know I am overthinking it, but I can't help myself.

Also, thought it was very meta when Papa Darlin' made a point to point out how that one kid LOVES Sean Connery from the old videos and how FUN it is to hear him with his IMPRESSIONS!  Gee,  Ya think?  Guess that is a highlight when there is no radio, nada to keep them company.

What about one of those radios that you can hand crank or one that is run on light?  They drive me nuts with all the dark scenes….why not make more than one fire?  Why are they not sufficiently concerned about bears?  Didn't look like they were doing anything pro-active to get their area secure?  Did I miss something?  

I'm a City Girl, but also super-resourceful and there are so many things I would take with me if I were "leaving civilization"…..like some major umbrellas, some sunscreen and bug spray and nets and blow up beds….the list goes on.  These people are ridiculous.

Edited by Eme
  • Love 3

I read on another forum with posters that live in Alaska, that production brought some hired shooters with them for protection against bears.  That would make sense.  I sure wouldn't go out there and depend on the Browns to protect me.  And yes, Eme, why no perimeter set up around camp to warn against bears?  In the book I read, the hunters would string up a line with tin cans on it, at the very least.

• Love 3

Okay, technorebel--the short version; I (and my ex) lived in an old log cabin on the east coast. We backed up to 150 acres of undeveloped woods which, sadly, we didn't own but had the pleasure of. One nice summer day my 7 (8?) year old son and I came home from doing some errands. I walked into the house and found my ex cleaning the kitchen--sweeping up the spilled garbage and about 40 pounds of bird seed which had been in a bin for the deck feeders. The ex had never cleaned anything in his life so he got my attention; I asked what happened. "Bear." (He wasn't real talky). "Huh?" I say. He'd been below the kitchen in the basement, heard noise upstairs and thought I was home so went up to tell me I'd had a phone call only to be met by a large bear sitting, eating the birdseed in the middle of the kitchen. "What did you do?" "...I told it to leave." "Well, what did it do?" "It left." Like I said, he's not real talkative. I then looked over at the sliding doors which went to the top deck (it was a double deck, the kitchen was on the upper lever, a full set of outside stairs went from the top deck to the lower one and led into the yard and woods). The large sliding screen was sliced open top to bottom and a muddy and very large bear print was on the inside glass portion of the sliders. I went over, went out to the deck and saw the bear below, looking up at me, confused and seeming to know what it had done wrong and why had he made it go away.

Talking later to the animal control people who happened to live closeby, we were told that it was a she-bear and lived in the woods so stay away from her because they thought she had cubs.

That was the day I told my son that he couldn't sleep in his tent--that summer he'd been spending every night out there, maybe 50 yards from the house. I decided it might not be a good idea. Another neighbor--jerk that she was and is--also got her panties into a very large bunch when probably the same bear or one of her friends went after her bee hives, destroying two or three and making a mess. I tried to explain about bears and honey, Winnie the Pooh and all that but she wasn't happy--I think she took it personally.

The thing about Eastern Black bears is that, basically, if you leave them alone they're no problem, are usually pretty shy and try to avoid people. Stay away from a mama with cubs and don't be stupid and try to feed or pet them and you should be fine. Oh, and don't step on a mama bear with cubs. They do get big; a big male can run close to 800 pounds so give them a wide berth but usually not a big deal. When I run my dog in the woods it's not uncommon for another dog walker on the path to say there's a bear 100 yards ahead. You just thank them and keep an eye out--the dogs know enough to stay clear. Black bears aren't grizzlies. Grizzlies are, well, grizzlies.

The Browns...I have no words...

• Love 3

Beden, I would not have stayed in that house for any amount of love or money.  I've had a lifelong fear of bears due to one stuffed teddy bear with evil eyes that my mother wouldn't let me throw out.  It used to watch me when I slept.  So when I see this bunch so la-dee-da around all those grizzlies, it makes me nervous.  I think I'll have to start drinking when I watch this show. For medicinal purposes, of course.

• Love 3

I find myself at 6:00 in the morning, reading this forum and literally laughing out loud! Might I add I'm the only one here, besides the dog, who keeps looking at me like I'm a nut. Beden, and each of you have made comments, and bring up points that absolutely crack me up! These have been the best laughs I've had in a while. Seriously, my cheeks sore.

Now, on with my question. Why do the "bush" folks have hunting videos from years ago? You know, where Bill is telling "Bird" to calm down, after she shoots a deer, or something on four legs. But, where'd the camcorder come from, with the non-luxurious lifestyle they swear by? (There's several of the videos, too).

I just started watching the show about a month ago (aka reruns) and then this season. I think "Bam" may be the closest one to being real. Only because you can tell it wouldn't take much for him to go postal on the whole load of them. AND because the speech he gives "Rainy," about how he wouldn't want to see her mangled and torn to shreds by one of the billion bears that surround them, seems heart felt. (hehehehe....yeah right). Cause, you can tell he just wants to smack the piss outta her, slam the gun in her hand, only after giving her a couple cranium shots with the butt of it, while he screams, repeatedly, "shoot it, you little tender foot, shoot it!" And by the look on her face, like she may burst into tears at the drop of a hat, as his voice quivers during their little moment, only reassures me, that ol' Bam is not one to be screwed with. I'm surprised some of them haven't snuffed that lil' chic out, anyway. They have to wire plier their teeth out, bless their hearts, while the "bush princess" gets to visit the dentist. Uhhhhh huh....it's enough to make a person snap. Not to mention their family philosophy...."Rainy must be comfortable." "Rainy must be warm." "Rainy has to have some place to sleep." For the rest of them, it's like, "oh you're uncomfortable, cold, and without sleep? Well that's what you get for being the first 6 to be born."

But, like the rest of you, I CAN'T WAIT TIL FRIDAY!!!!!!! I'm ashamed and addicted

• Love 2

But, like the rest of you, I CAN'T WAIT TIL FRIDAY!!!!!!! I'm ashamed and addicted

I know, God help me...I count the days till Friday myself. And I don't tell anyone who isn't on this forum. Ever.

• Love 3

Saw last night's episode. Uh...yeah. Aside from the scripted garbage, what I found the most annoying part was the 'and coming up after the break' previews followed by a recap of what the previous ten minutes just showed us. Really-- I'm capable of retaining information a good fifteen or even twenty minutes, let alone ten. I kept thinking that they must not have enough footage for a full hour long (okay, 48 minute) long episode if they needed this much padding.

The vast majority of those Discovery Channel shows are like that, and It makes them largely unwatchable. Even on a show with decent content, like Myth Busters, the constant recap of the previous segment is maddening.

I imagine a production meeting at Discovery Channel where some Ivy Leaguer tells the editing crew, "Slow things down, and stretch each segment to the max. Use plenty of teasers to keep the viewers coming back after the commercial breaks. Our average viewer is a mouth-breather, never underestimate how far we can string these idiots along."

• Love 2

Over on the Discovery websight there's people in those discussions asking where to send movies to, that the kids might like to watch. That kind of stuff pisses me off. It's like people who take advantage of "Toys for Tots" and other programs set up to help people in need. There's people out there who are compelled to help, and this family doesn't need help. If they would watch the kids YouTube videos they'd see that this family goes on hunting exertions. Like a pleasure cruise. They hunt here for a month. Then, another place for a week. That's BS! There should be a law against people trying to send things or money to any jackasses like the Browns. Not to mention they had the kids use their sad little YouTube channels to promote Billy's book. Wow! Off the grid and screw technology......uh well....except for this one little thing. And they're all reading it and saying the same thing. I can just see Ami and Billy with the cue cards.....uuuuugggghhhh!!! And 8 out of their 10 reviews (honestly...2 out of the 3 reviews they received) were from Tennessee. WHERE THEY TRAVELED TO TO LAUNCH THE BOOK. And the reviews each have somewhere in the review "I can't put this book down!" Or "you won't be able to put this book down" geeeezzzzzzzz Almighty in heaven!!! I'm sorry, I'm ranting

• Love 2