Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Cup O' Joe

Dagny

Please remember that the Small Talk thread does not allow for the conversations that violate the Primetimer Politics Rule.

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, XOQueens said:

They were apparently in Florida and Mika spent the whole flight home watching Fox News. 

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/spotted-mika-brzezinski-spends-entire-flight-watching-fox-news/

Ok, this is hilarious.  Busted at 20,000 feet (and I haven't flown in decades but don't you have to get to the airport two hours ahead of flight time and if so that means they missed/prerecorded the last hour of "their" show).

1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

Ok, this is hilarious.  Busted at 20,000 feet (and I haven't flown in decades but don't you have to get to the airport two hours ahead of flight time and if so that means they missed/prerecorded the last hour of "their" show).

That is correct, they did miss the last hour.  After the first hour re-run, Willie hosted some segments, and the one segment with Mika was pre-recorded (no “live” indicator).

• Love 1

They can barely get people to come on the show any more.  

Was there anyone there this morning other than the usual four, Del Percio and Ratner? 

Beto O'Rourke is in NYC he was on Colbert last night, maybe try to book him?  You know since this show is about politics and stuff.  There is a very important mid term election in less than 2 months but they'd rather pick fights with Don Jr.

• Love 2

I found the video of Joe and Mika event with Jon Meacham this evening in Mississippi. With Joe, Meacham and special guest Walter Isaacson, it is pretty boring, but at around 29:00, there was an interesting tidbit. Apparently Joe and Mika are living part time in Florida, which explains the new bunkers. If they are going to do the show sometimes from Florida, why can't they at least sit together in a studio. Enough with this pretending they are in different locations.

5 minutes ago, cased said:

Apparently Joe and Mika are living part time in Florida, which explains the new bunkers. If they are going to do the show sometimes from Florida, why can't they at least sit together in a studio.

If they are living in Florida they need to give up the show...

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

If they are living in Florida they need to give up the show...

Maybe they will when their contract is up sometime this year.

On a somewhat related note, I have heard Joe say numerous times that he did Scarborough Country from Florida. I didn't really watch that show, so I wonder what the setup was like.  Was it obvious that Joe was in a different location to his guests? I wonder if there are any old Scarborough Country clips on Youtube.

24 minutes ago, cased said:

Maybe they will when their contract is up sometime this year.

On a somewhat related note, I have heard Joe say numerous times that he did Scarborough Country from Florida. I didn't really watch that show, so I wonder what the setup was like.  Was it obvious that Joe was in a different location to his guests? I wonder if there are any old Scarborough Country clips on Youtube.

Lol it feels like people have been saying their contracts are up soon for over a year now. ? 

The end of Morning Joe will be the end of Mika’s career and KYV. There’s no way she ends up somewhere else, and KYV is backed nearly entirely by Comcast. 

If you Google Scarborough Country and click on either images or video you’ll get clips. Visually it looks hideous (split screen like the new Morning Joe look) and I’m not drunk enough to watch the content.

ETA Maybe the move to Florida is why Mika was day drinking. 

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Lol it feels like people have been saying their contracts are up soon for over a year now. ? 

The end of Morning Joe will be the end of Mika’s career and KYV. There’s no way she ends up somewhere else, and KYV is backed nearly entirely by Comcast. 

If you Google Scarborough Country and click on either images or video you’ll get clips. Visually it looks hideous (split screen like the new Morning Joe look) and I’m not drunk enough to watch the content.

ETA Maybe the move to Florida is why Mika was day drinking. 

Unless they re-sign, their contract is definitely up in 2018, I assume at the end of the year.

i saw some Scarborough Country clips. Thanks.  No wonder I didn’t like it at the time. 

• Love 1

Meeka won't have a career without this show....she is boring and entitled.  People don't (or won't) warm up to her or buy any made-up women's empowerment issues she is selling.  She needs MJ more than Joe does at this point.  Just my opinion. He can make a living writing his serious op-eds.!!!  Or maybe he could go back to being a country lawyer.  Or a Congressman.  Or a magician.  Face it, neither would be all that relevant without their daily gig; wonder if that has dawned on them yet.  

Actually, I can't really blame them; it is the network I fault for this.  They have helped create it and allow it to continue.  I guess mentions in Mediaite and publicity for their Trump feud are what is important and drives ratings.   

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Lol! I hope you washed Scarborough Country down with some gin.

Lol. I didn't really watch the clips. I just scanned through a couple of them to see what the studio setup was like. I did watch enough to realize that Joe was even louder and more obnoxious then than he is now.

Edited by cased
  • Love 1

I don't know Teddysmom but I think the skeleton in Joe's closet is Meeks.  She knows on some level what a fraud she must look like preaching KYV in view of her trainwreck of a personal life especially how they got together overlapping their marriages and their on air behavior.  I'm all for girl power but I find Mika to be supportive when it suits her and a complete clueless narcissist the rest of the time.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

I don't know Teddysmom but I think the skeleton in Joe's closet is Meeks.  She knows on some level what a fraud she must look like preaching KYV in view of her trainwreck of a personal life especially how they got together overlapping their marriages and their on air behavior.  I'm all for girl power but I find Mika to be supportive when it suits her and a complete clueless narcissist the rest of the time.

Mika's lack of substance is underscored by Stephanie Ruhle, who's on right after Morning Joe.  I watched Stephanie yesterday.   She looked cute in a fun red dress and red heels.  Everything about her seemed electrified.    She owned her set.   I think she's the anti-Mika.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, millennium said:

She knows on some level what a fraud she must look like preaching KYV in view of her trainwreck of a personal life especially how they got together overlapping their marriages and their on air behavior.  I'm all for girl power but I find Mika to be supportive when it suits her and a complete clueless narcissist the rest of the time.

Do we think she's smart enough and self aware enough to realize what a fraud she is? I'm sure she catches hell six ways to Sunday from her daughters about her BS, and you may be correct that the two of them have so much guilt about the way they handled their relationship, as Joe says "too smart by half" when all along anyone who paid attention for 15 minutes could see what was going on. 

I wonder if all the ass kissing to her mother is Mika trying to make amends.  I'll admit it couldn't be easy being Mika in that household, four people with that level of intellect and then along comes Mika, who couldn't pour piss out of a boot if the directions were on the heel. 

She tries so hard to be relevant, but she just doesn't cut it. 

I didn't watch more than a few minutes this morning, I was not going to let her infuriate me with her lack of knowledge of well known actors. I thought to myself if she says she doesn't know who Henry Winkler is I would throw something at the tv. And of course she used Claire Foy's win to push her bullshit. Yes, Claire was compensated accordingly if unfortunately after the fact, but  if you're going to dive into a subject, trying reading up on it, five minutes on Google would have told you the whole story. 

Joe called Kavanaugh "Senator" three times in less than one minute.    Joe, Mika and Kasie have all tried to ride both sides of the fence on the Kavanaugh issue. Kasie said Prof Ford was making "vague allegations"  and man did she get raked over the coals. 

Heidi has a nice new haircut. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 1

So this week's KYV Diary entry is "Gluten: My stomach is upset from all the vodka I drink but I'll blame it on gluten". 

Work at KYV is  having her staff, made up entirely with daughters of the women in her sad rich lady coven copying articles out of fifteen year old women's magazines. Gluten, sun screen, milk, Sarah Jessica Parker.

I guess we missed their tips on how to not overeat on Labor Day. (yes they had that on the site).   I really hope they do something on "fun ways to decorate with gourds", or "should you dress like a slutty nurse for Halloween", or "how do you have the kids over for Thanksgiving when they fucking hate your boyfriend". 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Do we think she's smart enough and self aware enough to realize what a fraud she is?

Money and fame have a way of validating whatever delusion you craft for yourself.   That's when you know you've arrived, when you're wealthy enough to no longer question who or what you've become.   

• Love 1
6 hours ago, teddysmom said:

So this week's KYV Diary entry is "Gluten: My stomach is upset from all the vodka I drink but I'll blame it on gluten". 

Work at KYV is  having her staff, made up entirely with daughters of the women in her sad rich lady coven copying articles out of fifteen year old women's magazines. Gluten, sun screen, milk, Sarah Jessica Parker.

I guess we missed their tips on how to not overeat on Labor Day. (yes they had that on the site).   I really hope they do something on "fun ways to decorate with gourds", or "should you dress like a slutty nurse for Halloween", or "how do you have the kids over for Thanksgiving when they fucking hate your boyfriend". 

Heh, you always know how to cheer me up . . . now her latest tip is how to prepare your children to go to college in terms of budgeting their money (better stay in your lane girls).

Also, there are now 83 tickets left for her KYV extravaganza (down from 88 about a month ago).  At this rate, she'll be sold out in a mere year and a half.

• Love 4
On 9/18/2018 at 7:06 AM, Chloesmom said:

I thought that was it too until the two of them melted down today over the investigation and Mika was verklempt over the statute of limitations. I’m assuming Joe has a similar young and drunk story, because these two are incapable of expressing such concern over a matter that doesn’t also apply to their lives. And also, yeah, of course, Mika is a #metoo.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Someone on Twitter posted this number as the MSNBC line if you want to raise an issue about coverage: (212) 664 4444.

Thank you for this xoqueens.  As soon as Stephanie Miller is over I am calling.  Today was a disgrace.

1 hour ago, XOQueens said:

I thought that was it too until the two of them melted down today over the investigation and Mika was verklempt over the statute of limitations. I’m assuming Joe has a similar young and drunk story, because these two are incapable of expressing such concern over a matter that doesn’t also apply to their lives. And also, yeah, of course, Mika is a #metoo.

She is too stupid to even realize there IS no statute of limitations in Maryland for sexual assault.

Thankfully, she is getting scorched on Twitter. She deserves it.

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 2

Ok, apparently my IQ drops more than a few points when I have to talk to a recording as opposed to speaking with a live person (circuitous much chloesmom?) but I think I made my point that clearly after them not being on set for months and their dismal discussion earlier today it's time to pull the plug on the show.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, XOQueens said:

Someone on Twitter posted this number as the MSNBC line if you want to raise an issue about coverage: (212) 664 4444.

Thank you for posting this number. I called and let them know how the bashing of Dr. Ford was unacceptable. This issue is personal, and to see it play out like this gives me an actual stomach ache.

• Love 3

I've had the same problem Chloesmom.  

A former classmate of Prof Ford's who knows the story from back when it happened posted a letter on FB. It's making the rounds on Twitter, and she was just on Andrea Mitchell. 

Shit's about to get real.  I've been so angry this week I can barely watch any of this.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

I've had the same problem Chloesmom.  

A former classmate of Prof Ford's who knows the story from back when it happened posted a letter on FB. It's making the rounds on Twitter, and she was just on Andrea Mitchell. 

Shit's about to get real.  I've been so angry this week I can barely watch any of this.  

Oh thank you Teddysmom.  Seriously the only thing missing from my diatribe was me whipping my hair around and saying "oh and I'm also a Virgo and love long walks on the beach".  Ugh.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Shit's about to get real.  

I hope you're right.   

2 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Oh thank you Teddysmom.  Seriously the only thing missing from my diatribe was me whipping my hair around and saying "oh and I'm also a Virgo and love long walks on the beach".  Ugh.

Virgo here too, lol.   Happy birthday!

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, millennium said:

I hope you're right.   

Virgo here too, lol.   Happy birthday!

Me too! I know we're supposed to be orderly and somewhat fussy and all that. I just never knew "likes to snark about Morning Joe" was one of our traits.

• Love 2

What no one has mentioned is that Mika has daughters roughly the age Dr Ford was, who also hang out in exactly the same kind of prep school circles where young power brokers are being groomed.  This same thing could EASILY have happened to them.  

Has Mika explicated her thought process on this issue?  The Know Your Value gal is declaring the attempted rapist is the real victim here. 
The only way to improve the show is to vote via Twitter, phone calls, and stop watching.  As long as we tune in to see the slow motion car wreck and indulge in schadenfreude, the show won't change because hate watching is still watching.

• Love 1

I am not sure it is worth it to me to keep watching this show...it gets my day off to a bad start; hosts never there, not doing any prep, self-serving, etc.  The alternative should be CNN; but for some reason it kind of leaves me lukewarm; it should/could be much better.  Or CBS This Morning.  Maybe Norah O'Donnell could take the reins of MJ when the network decides The Gold Dust Twins have worn out their welcome.  Yes, I know.    

When you get paid big $$$ you owe your audience your A Game.  I have to wonder if Joe and Meeka have decided not to renew their contracts; or that the network has decided not to renew them.  And they are just going through the motions til the contracts expire.  If so, it might be worth it to the network to buy the contracts out.  There is too much happening, some of it history-making, to let on-air personnel just phone it in.  Literally.  This time slot should be one of the most important on the network...it sets the tone for the day.   It should have personable, knowledgeable hosts who are capable of steering the show in different directions and getting everyone prepared for the news day ahead.  And not to indulge in personal grudges.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I have to wonder if Joe and Meeka have decided not to renew their contracts; or that the network has decided not to renew them.  And they are just going through the motions til the contracts expire.

I don't know if either party would have gone through the trouble (read: expense) of creating Joe's new Florida Home Bunker and arranging for Mika's matching Her Bunker starter set (because you just know He and She of Joe aren't paying the expenses related to all of that plus schlepping their staff around) if the proverbial end was near.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, XOQueens said:

I don't know if either party would have gone through the trouble (read: expense) of creating Joe's new Florida Home Bunker and arranging for Mika's matching Her Bunker starter set (because you just know He and She of Joe aren't paying the expenses related to all of that plus schlepping their staff around) if the proverbial end was near.

Good point, but at the same time, I don’t see this configuration being sustainable. 

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Megyn Kelly was on Hardball last night.  If either of The Gold Dust Twins are on their way out......   

I've got a bad feeling about this.

I saw that and turned it off. I think maybe because she has a legal background and sent thru harassment at Fox.  Chris is probably suffering from the same problem MJ is, can't book guests.  His show sucks. 

I wonder if Joe had to pay for all that equipment in their homes. I can't see MSNBC footing the bill for that. It's not like he has to work at home due to some medical situation, he does it becuase he wants to stay in FL, or CT or wherever the fuck they are.  Plus then they can do their little web casts/podcasts when they finally leave MSNBC. 

This morning was unbearable. Kasie and her little jab "we know which side they lean to" re people who support Prof Ford, and even Elise jumping on this "Investigation? FBI? Who ever heard of such a thing?"

Kasie tweeted something last night that she's getting hell for:  "As a journalist and a Christian, I know no one is perfect, but I believe the FBI is doing their best". 

So there you go.  

People are like, Christian? So what does that have to do with you being a journalist, or being able to tell the FBI tries to do their job correctly? 

As a Taurus, I'd like to state here that I am stubborn, but very kind and compassionate, and I smell bullshit a mile away. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, teddysmom said:

WOW. 

That makes what we say here look pretty tame. 

I was just looking at all the comments under her posts about her book re-release and she’s really, really hurt her “brand” with her recent comments. Turns out you can’t attack the most dominant athlete of all time for voicing her opinion and value (who just happens to be female and a woman of color) and then attack an alleged rape victim all in the span of, what, one week (?) and expect to sell *womens empowerment*.

• Love 6

I still do not understand what makes Meeka (and others of her ilk) put their lives out there on Twitter and other social media.  It is just an invitation to get bashed mercilessly; she must have a really thick skin.  Of course, she has absolutely no self-awareness.  Is there such a thing as an Educated Bimbo?  Kind of like the Educated Debutante.  Ah, a missed opportunity for Meeks; I would probably read that.  

1 hour ago, XOQueens said:

I was just looking at all the comments under her posts about her book re-release and she’s really, really hurt her “brand” with her recent comments. Turns out you can’t attack the most dominant athlete of all time for voicing her opinion and value (who just happens to be female and a woman of color) and then attack an alleged rape victim all in the span of, what, one week (?) and expect to sell *womens empowerment*.

“Know Your Value” was never about women’s empowerment. It was all a vehicle for Mika’s self-aggrandizement and a backhanded way for her to make herself feel superior to other women. Correct me if I’m wrong, but weren’t most of her “success stories” about women who were founding their own little home-based businesses? Not that there’s anything wrong with that (I’ve done that myself in my life), but it’s not like she’s empowering women to go to business school to become CEOs of Fortune 500 companies. Or to journalism school to get degrees where they don’t have to sleep with their bosses to get a pay raise.

It’s almost like she wants women to be successful...but just not TOO successful. 

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, Kemper said:

I still do not understand what makes Meeka (and others of her ilk) put their lives out there on Twitter and other social media.  It is just an invitation to get bashed mercilessly; she must have a really thick skin.  Of course, she has absolutely no self-awareness.  Is there such a thing as an Educated Bimbo?  Kind of like the Educated Debutante.  Ah, a missed opportunity for Meeks; I would probably read that.  

She reminds me of my sisters.  They both will relentlessly flog their point of view until someone other than them gets beaten into the ground.  I think she sees her life being a certain way and will never accept that others don't see it that way.  Do as I say not as I do coupled with nothing to see here, move on.

You write of a lunch with the President where you and Ivanka raised the issue of women’s advancement. Have you spoken to her since?

We are not getting along. I was extremely outspoken about her during the still ongoing and internationally humiliating child-separation policy issue. She wanted to talk. And I was just like, “I’m sorry. There is nothing to talk about until you step up for these children.”

You’ve been supportive of Al Franken.

I’ll take a risk and say that one doesn’t feel right to me. I know Al Franken, but looking at the public record, that one does not feel fair.

Do you regret any of your pre-election coverage?

Um, sure! But I take issue with the way people have seen it. I think that we gave consistent viewers a window into how Trump thinks: his relationship with Putin, his moral compass. I wish more Republicans had come on our show. The only other Republican was Lindsey Graham. We did everything we could to put Hillary Clinton on our show. We sucked up to her campaign in ways that embarrass me.

?

http://amp.timeinc.net/time/5401642/mika-brzezinski

Morning Joe's Mika Brzezinski On Women’s Empowerment Post #MeToo

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

We sucked up to her campaign in ways that embarrass me.

Because Jennifer Palmieri knew you and Joe are full of shit and they didn't need you.   Sucking up to the Clinton Campaign embarrasses her, but THIS doesn't? 

image.png.e93c3d2c8df651be70763e2461373adb.png

Yes and those consistent viewers are the ones screaming at you now about what you did!!! 

2 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

She reminds me of my sisters. 

OMG I was just thinking the same thing, except my sister is attention hungry  part of Mika. 

I agree Mika got into this KYV because she thought "Hey I have good ideas about how to tell others what to do, because somehow I fell into this job and got this yahoo to give me a cool million, and now I'm a big shot and people tell me they love me".  Mika if you get your self worth from social media and Joe Scarborough, I feel very very sorry for you. 

I can't even watch MJ with the stuff going on re: Kavanaugh.  Like Maizie Hirono said "More bullshit than I can take, and just shut up". 

this morning Susan DelPercio was saying "Dems have a problem with this".   Yeah that's the narrative Republicans are pushing, and we aren't falling for it.   

Did they talk about the Ed Whelan twitter post? If you guys want to have a good laugh, and are on Twitter,  where he was blaming (ie framing)  some random guy from the school for the attack, instead of Kavanaugh he got a floor plan off Zillow, and just went all in on describing how some of these people she says were at the party live like 3-5 miles away, they would never go that far.   It is insane. 

Yes, I usually try to stay within 1000 feet of my home at all times. 

• Love 3

Did they talk about the Ed Whelan twitter post? If you guys want to have a good laugh, and are on Twitter,  where he was blaming (ie framing)  some random guy from the school for the attack, instead of Kavanaugh he got a floor plan off Zillow, and just went all in on describing how some of these people she says were at the party live like 3-5 miles away, they would never go that far.   It is insane. 

Joe brought it up without referencing Whelan by name. He did criticize the post and the theory, but of course he didn't call the asshole out personally.

Edited by Eliot
25 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Do you regret any of your pre-election coverage?

Um, sure! But I take issue with the way people have seen it. I think that we gave consistent viewers a window into how Trump thinks: his relationship with Putin, his moral compass. I wish more Republicans had come on our show. The only other Republican was Lindsey Graham. We did everything we could to put Hillary Clinton on our show. We sucked up to her campaign in ways that embarrass me.

Oh sweet meteor of death just take me now.  FFS.

• Love 8
15 hours ago, Eliot said:

ut weren’t most of her “success stories” about women who were founding their own little home-based businesses? N

Have a Magic Chef party, girls.   I'll show you how to apply sunscreen and avoid gluten.  Just stay in your lane.  

She's the 21st Century version of Phyllis Schafly.  I'll show you how to get men to do your bidding, but it'll take make up, breast implants, Botox, and wiggling that sweet ass of yours just so. 

Men don't like it when we aren't pretty or ask too many questions. 

23 minutes ago, Eliot said:

Joe brought it up without referencing Whelan by name. He did criticize the post and the theory,

Whelan has apologized profusely on Twitter and is getting drug even more. I told him to enjoy whatever job he gets when he's asked to resign from the "Ethics" Center. 

• Love 2