Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Cup O' Joe

Dagny

Please remember that the Small Talk thread does not allow for the conversations that violate the Primetimer Politics Rule.

• Start Topic

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 2:13 PM, cased said:

I can't watch this until this evening, but Willie looked so young back then.o

LOL! I always liked Willie. He was more conservative when he was on Scarborough Country before he was on Morning Joe.

I think that the Morning Joe has become a Morning Joke. It basically an SNL skit.

2 hours ago, millennium said:

Omarosa name-drops Scarborough and Mika during her Meet the Press appearance.

In case you missed it, O was describing how Trump would call her in to carry out assignments he wished to keep secret, preferring to use her rather than the White House employees who would normally perform those duties.   The example she gave was Trump asking her to dig up articles about Joe Scarborough and Mika ...

Its hard to take anyone seriously these days. I prefer watching Real Housewives. 

I hope to be retired befor Xmas.! I want to be a snowbird before age 50!!!

Is anyone watching Sharp Objects on HBO?

I bring it up because the mother, (Brilliantly portrayed by Patricia Clarkson) reminds me of the Southern version of Mika. 

Drama queen, has a very f'ed up relationship with her daughters, one minute blaming them for all her problems, next minute giving them affection on her terms, one daughter clearly the favorite, orders husband around like he's an employee, comes from a wealthy family, was disliked by her parents. Everything is about her, or affects her, whether it does or not. 

I saw Omarosa on The Daily Show last night, and she said Trump loves when people say shit about him, because he wants attention, and if it's bad then he riles the base, if it's good, then he revels in "this person said something nice about me". 

She said, take away what he wants, the attention, stop talking about every stupid thing he does, and it will drive him crazy.  He did all this to get attention, and now he has every media outlet in the world talking about him. 

Is Mika in a pit in Joe's basement? Has she quit the show but just didn't tell anyone? Not that I care, but I would like to get the details on this drama, esp if it involves she and Joe consciously uncoupling.   Since she's running a lifestyle site now, I feel she deserves to be compared to the Goopster.  

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I totally agree with her.

25 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Is Mika in a pit in Joe's basement? Has she quit the show but just didn't tell anyone? Not that I care, but I would like to get the details on this drama, esp if it involves she and Joe consciously uncoupling.   Since she's running a lifestyle site now, I feel she deserves to be compared to the Goopster.

Judging from her latest pig Instagram, she’s in Maine. Who knows where Joe is, but Maine has never had a bunker before, so probably not Maine. I mentioned this before and it got deleted, but she really presents as if she’s on the verge of a breakdown. She was in the comments of her frog Instagram video saying the frog clinging onto the mirror for dear life was her life. Like. Ok. 

Edited by XOQueens
Words matter...
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Judging from her latest pig Instagram, she’s in Maine. Who knows where Joe is, but Maine has never had a bunker before, so probably not Maine. I mentioned this before and it got deleted, but she really presents as if she’s on the verge of a breakdown. She was in the comments of her frog Instagram video saying the frog clinging onto the mirror for dead life was her life. Like. Ok. 

Wow.  I love the people who thought she was driving.   

I really wonder if Mika's life is that awful, or she just likes to over dramatize everything "you all just cannot believe everything I'm going thru, my life is just a whirlwind of activity, the job, the girls, Joe, KYV, wine, bronzer, how do I do it all?"

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 3
44 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Wow.  I love the people who thought she was driving.   

I really wonder if Mika's life is that awful, or she just likes to over dramatize everything "you all just cannot believe everything I'm going thru, my life is just a whirlwind of activity, the job, the girls, Joe, KYV, wine, bronzer, how do I do it all?"

And the time it takes to do the Smoky Eye and keep my colorist on speed dial.  The inhumanity!!  I have morphed into a 14-year-old girl.  Just me?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, XOQueens said:

I totally agree with her.

Judging from her latest pig Instagram, she’s in Maine. Who knows where Joe is, but Maine has never had a bunker before, so probably not Maine. I mentioned this before and it got deleted, but she really presents as if she’s on the verge of a breakdown. She was in the comments of her frog Instagram video saying the frog clinging onto the mirror for dear life was her life. Like. Ok. 

When Mika and Joe were in Maine last year, Joe did the show from the living room of the Brzezinski family home. It was hilarious. A couple of times there were dogs running around in the background.

Joe and Mika were definitely in Florida last week, but it does look like Mika is in Maine this week. Not sure where Joe is. On the pig Instagram video, at the very end, it shows the legs of a dog that is the same color as Joe's dog. Not sure if it is though.

Edited by cased
3 hours ago, cased said:

When Mika and Joe were in Maine last year, Joe did the show from the living room of the Brzezinski family home. It was hilarious. A couple of times there were dogs running around in the background.

Dogs running around in the background would *definitely* improve this show.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Jordan Baker said:
20 hours ago, cased said:

Dogs running around in the background would *definitely* improve this show.

http://littlefun.org/posts/Dog_with_guitar_I_have_no_idea_what_I_m_doing

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 1

I tweeted the YouTube video at Mika and asked her if this is part of Know Your Value, I guess if it's Trump, or Halperin or someone she can use to further her career (Joe) it doesn't matter how they treat women.   Get that Morning Wine buzz going sister, you're going to need it. 

• Love 5

@Chloesmom, I'm taking this question over here, as it's about Mika's absence.  You mentioned Instagram posts of hers; I'm not on social media, so could you tell me what she posted?  Thank you so much if you could help me out, and for what it's worth, I think she's losing it.  She's been "off" for months now  - maybe as far back as the engagement.  (?).   It's either my gut instinct or wishful thinking, but it wouldn't surprise me if this little romance has faded and either she, or both of them, don't know how to get out of it publicly. 

• Love 1

If I were Nicole Wallace, Katie Tur, Andrea Mitchell, Stephanie Ruhle, Kristen Welker, Kasie Hunt, et al....I would want the same contract and benefits that Meeka has.  Heck, if I were Lawrence O'Donnell, Chris Hayes, Craig Melborne, Ali Velshi, et al...I would want the same contract that Joe has.  Maybe it has something to do with the fact that they are on for three hours (I know, right?) and everyone else has a 1-hour show?

I never realized how many women and reporters have shows than men do.  When I listed the shows, I could only think of the women; had to rack my brain for the men.  Oh, forgot Brian Williams. Maybe it is just that I pay more attention to the ladies; because it didn't used to be that way.  Thank you, Barbara Walters.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

@Chloesmom, I'm taking this question over here, as it's about Mika's absence.  You mentioned Instagram posts of hers; I'm not on social media, so could you tell me what she posted?  Thank you so much if you could help me out, and for what it's worth, I think she's losing it.  She's been "off" for months now  - maybe as far back as the engagement.  (?).   It's either my gut instinct or wishful thinking, but it wouldn't surprise me if this little romance has faded and either she, or both of them, don't know how to get out of it publicly. 

This is my favorite topic. ? I’ll take one and leave more fun for the others.

A few weeks ago, three or so, when Mika and Joe were both on the super long vacay break, Mika went on Know Your Value and posted a video of her day drinking some red wine in a Daily Mail sweatshirt. She mentioned how sometimes you have to wear the sweatshirts of news organisations that have mocked you, drink a lot of wine (at noon), and take time for yourself completely by yourself. She looked a bit vacant and one of her fingernails nearly gave me a panic attack. 

Little did we know that this was the start of a strange social media trend...

ETA oh NO I’m wrong, this wasn’t the beginning. I’d totally forgotten about these: she posted another video about needing to be alone, and then how her daughters never want to see her, and then “too blessed to be stressed”!

Edited by XOQueens
must get my wines right...
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Ladyrain I'm not on Instagram either and I can't find the video that I thought was posted on this thread.  Xoqueen, can you find and repost please for our viewing pleasure (sincere apologies in advance if it's staring me in the face right now and I need more coffee)?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Ladyrain I'm not on Instagram either and I can't find the video that I thought was posted on this thread.  Xoqueen, can you find and repost please for our viewing pleasure (sincere apologies in advance if it's staring me in the face right now and I need more coffee)?

You know I can lol. I’ll go find some links and be back.

• Love 1

When is it ok to wear heels? Or not. Mika thinks wearing heels in the work place makes you seem like a hussy. Or something.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkxszKQH6eU/?taken-by=_knowyourvalue

The one where we learned Mika’s kids don’t like her.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlG2BJDlfub/?taken-by=_knowyourvalue

BUT! She’s too blessed to be stressed.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlJYdgbnVWb/?taken-by=_knowyourvalue

Alone Time Part 1.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Blas2oelFQX/?taken-by=_knowyourvalue

Day Drink in Daily Mail sweaters. Alone Time Part 2.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlnrcSyHHe7/?taken-by=_knowyourvalue

Running in the middle of a street making a video, and apparently Mika runs weird and thinks it looks like she’s dancing...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmQ1-CAnfis/?taken-by=_knowyourvalue

This video of a frog just barely clinging on, which she later says in the comments is her life.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmRzsGBAqNk/?taken-by=mikabrzezinski

Teddysmom has the pulse on Twitter. Lol. I think she said Mika’s been giving sage advice over there from her diary via KYV, including how to wear sunscreen, hair length, debates on milk, and menopause.

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

When is it ok to wear heels? Or not. Mika thinks wearing heels in the work place makes you seem like a hussy. Or something.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkxszKQH6eU/?taken-by=_knowyourvalue

The one where we learned Mika’s kids don’t like her.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlG2BJDlfub/?taken-by=_knowyourvalue

BUT! She’s too blessed to be stressed.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlJYdgbnVWb/?taken-by=_knowyourvalue

Alone Time Part 1.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Blas2oelFQX/?taken-by=_knowyourvalue

Day Drink in Daily Mail sweaters. Alone Time Part 2.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlnrcSyHHe7/?taken-by=_knowyourvalue

Running in the middle of a street making a video, and apparently Mika runs weird and thinks it looks like she’s dancing...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmQ1-CAnfis/?taken-by=_knowyourvalue

This video of a frog just barely clinging on, which she later says in the comments is her life.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmRzsGBAqNk/?taken-by=mikabrzezinski

Teddysmom has the pulse on Twitter. Lol. I think she said Mika’s been giving sage advice over there from her diary via KYV, including how to wear sunscreen, hair length, debates on milk, and menopause.

Ah, thank you my ever so helpful friend.  All of her greatest hits in one place (that running one, egad that eye makeup!).

And yes for some reason she is obsessed with milk lately (can't tell you why as I refuse to open the articles).

Thank you again!

• Love 1

The old Jeb!-style Republicans are turning on Joe and calling him out...

https://mobile.twitter.com/timodc/status/1031210768505552896

Joe Scarborough @JoeNBC

Anyone who has known Trump for years, and doesn’t have a stake in his political career or the GOP, says the same. He is unwell and has been getting progressively worse over the past 18 months.

Tim Miller @Timodc 

Sorry Joe, Trump was the same erratic, unwell, race hustler when you supported him. If he’s deteriorated its on the margins and from a very low baseline.

• Love 4

Is Mika still among the living? This is absurd.

ETA Remember when Melania disappeared? This is like the Cable News version. 

I wonder what will happen with Know Your Value when Mika is replaced by someone younger and more competent (and someone who shows up).

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 1

He's getting slammed hard on Twitter for this bs.  Everyone is calling him out for the daily Trump appearances, the debate coaching, etc. 

I asked him if it's the guilt that makes him go after Trump, methinks thou protests too much.  Like he cares if someone insults Mika, he's done worse than make an idiotic comment about her plastic surgery, on air. 

I'm starting to wonder if we should start a campaign for Mika like Leah Remini has been doing for Shelley Miscavige, the Scientology wife who hasn't been seen for years. 

The fact that they don't even say where she is. And she's not on social media talking about her mom being ill. Like I said earlier, August IS Day Drinking Month. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, XOQueens said:

? He puts more thought into Twitter replies than the show. Still. He will never admit.

He announced in December 2015 he would never vote for Trump but apparently that didn't keep him from chasing him around like a school girl in love to get ratings and yet he still thinks he can bullshit and flat out lie his way out of this . . . priceless.

eta:  I thought the comments on his original tweet were bad but hoo boy he better be wearing flameproof shorts after reading the ones on his ill advised reply . . . ouch.

Edited by Chloesmom
8 hours ago, teddysmom said:

He's getting slammed hard on Twitter for this bs.

I had to go take a look and hoooooo boy, he is getting dragged from every angle...  by Trumpers, never-Trumper Republicans, Democrats. Everyone.

ETA From my Twitter journey, I do feel bad for him that a lot of people are @-ing him asking if Mika’s MIA because he hit her or she hit her head in his office. They really should say something. It’s weird and getting weirder.

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, cased said:

After pretty much taking the summer off, it looks like Joe and Mika will be ramping things up in September.

https://mississippitoday.org/live-with-joe-mika/ (this is with Meacham)

http://www.drew.edu/stories/2018/08/17/drew-presents-morning-joe-hosts-and-pulitzer-prize-winner/ (no, Joe and Mika aren't the Pulitzer prize winners, that is someone else)

Maybe a little pre book release publicity for Mika.

Thanks for posting this cased.  So they are heading into their 11th year eh?  Well I say they are heading into their 10 1/2 year as I am deducting a half year for all of their unexplained absences.

Hee, I wonder if they'll show up for this . . . I would be worried there would be people in the audience shouting questions like where the hell have you two been this year?

• Love 1

Did you read that announcement? Andy Lack is the head of MSNBC.    JFC they can't even get a third party to introduce them? 

No wonder they've been promoting Meacham's book so hard. They're latching onto him to promote Mika's bullshit. 

• Love 1

@MikaKYV365

If you've taken time off from work, here’s how to avoid making costly mistakes when you start talking salary. @GinnyBrz @iRelaunch http://ow.ly/7bIS30ltOH6

Timely? 

Thats her sister in law, a real estate agent.  They get paid on commission.  And it's a set rate.  So Ginny quit working to have her kids, okay fine, then decided to take a real estate exam, and become an agent.   Anyone can do it, pay the fee for the classes, take the test, ask your instructor for a recommendation to take to brokerage houses, get hired. (They basically hire anyone with a pulse). 

https://www.realtor.com/realestateagents/Ginny-Brzezinski___626043

Her experience includes listening, staging homes (I'm sure she hires a decorator to do that), biking, PTA, and "lively political discussions".  And teaming up with her sister in law in a failed attempt to get attention and pretend to be relevant to rich white ladies.  Mika not everyone sleeps with their boss to get a seven figure salary, or did Ginny advise you on that? 

From her LinkedIn page

Returning to work after a career break shouldn’t be an uphill battle. 

Which is why I’ve teamed with my sister-in-law Mika Brzezinski and her Know Your Value team to launch Comeback Careers, the newest evolution in Mika's nationwide Know Your Value movement to empower women in the workplace.

We’re creating a suite of multiplatform content that gives women a roadmap for getting back to work. We’ll be sharing proven return-to-work strategies and tools through web content, video, conferences and events. We’re also co-authoring a book about our divergent career arcs, and about returning to work, coming in April 2019.

I know the return-to-work struggle intimately. I stepped back from a 12- year Capitol Hill press career when my kids were born. Mika never stopped working. Now, after a career pause and pivot, I am finding my own path back and in the process helping others discover theirs. Together, Mika and I are committed to creating a path forward for all women looking for a career return. We know your value. Time to share it with the world.

I think I'm going to barf. 

Why is she mentioning Mika in HER LinkedIn page?  Mika never stopped working, you all think having sex with Joe Scarborough isn't work?  

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 7

It would appear we are never going to be rid of them; or at least MSNBC is not.  And now they are getting "family" on the gravy train.  The only thing I get as a takeaway from Ms. Know Your Value is that when you career is floundering, sleeping with one's boss and acting hoe-ish on air (stilettos, bare legs in the air, bleached hair, etc) will work just about every time.  And she has the nerve to criticize Stormy Daniels.  Who at least seems to like herself.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, XOQueens said:

Does anyone else sometimes watch the show and feel like Elise Jordan is trying for Mrs Scarborough the Fourth? 

Maybe his on air wife as she herself just got married maybe a year ago.  Off air that dreamboat is all Meek's . . . :)

Mika needs to snag this woman for her KYV effort (she's an Andrea Mitchell intern):

Women getting the job done!  I'm glad to find out who she is as I saw her running from the courthouse and I was impressed with her speed in those sandals!

I find it interesting that a celebrity engaged couple, that gets their share of gossip column press,  who co host a high profile morning show that gets plenty of press, whose engagement got plenty of press, now don’t appear on the show together for over a month with one co-host taking over 2 weeks  gets no mention of this no speculation from the gossip columns and media watching sites. I smell a cover up!

Any other morning show if the not even engaged hosts didn’t appear on show together for a month the rags would be all over it!

• Love 2

They may not be apart. One of the stories I read re the staff's frustration with them is that they're at the same place but they have different backdrops and equipment/crew so it looks like they're in different locations. 

It is very odd that they aren't appearing together, and Joe didn't even mention her for 4-5 days. 

This morning she was all over kissing his ass "Joe's tweeting",  and his ridiculous WaPo column.  The only thing Joe Scarborough should be allowed to do re the Washington Post is their online crossword puzzle. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 2
51 minutes ago, novhappy said:

I find it interesting that a celebrity engaged couple, that gets their share of gossip column press,  who co host a high profile morning show that gets plenty of press, whose engagement got plenty of press, now don’t appear on the show together for over a month with one co-host taking over 2 weeks  gets no mention of this no speculation from the gossip columns and media watching sites. I smell a cover up!

Any other morning show if the not even engaged hosts didn’t appear on show together for a month the rags would be all over it!

Same. It is very curious.

3 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

They may not be apart. One of the stories I read re the staff's frustration with them is that they're at the same place but they have different backdrops and equipment/crew so it looks like they're in different locations. 

It is very odd that they aren't appearing together, and Joe didn't even mention her for 4-5 days. 

This morning she was all over kissing his ass re tweeting and his ridiculous WaPo column.  The only thing Joe Scarborough should be allowed to do re the Washington Post is their online crossword puzzle. 

I don’t think they’re together physically right now, since they could have (and have) done the bunker and the random studio Mika’s in (DC? It looks like DC) simultaneously. Plus it’s just weird they haven’t been on the show together in ages, his and her bunkers or in studio.

I’ll speculate wildly and say they’re fighting about something. Lol

7 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

I don’t think they’re together physically right now, since they could have (and have) done the bunker and the random studio Mika’s in (DC? It looks like DC) simultaneously. Plus it’s just weird they haven’t been on the show together in ages, his and her bunkers or in studio.

I’ll speculate wildly and say they’re fighting about something. Lol

When aren't they fighting about something?  It's like watching Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf every morning. 

• Love 4

The week that they were both in separate bunkers, they were both in Jupiter Florida. That  is confirmed, because they were photographed at a campaign headquarters there. Mika then  apparently went to Maine, where she was photographed with her pig. She also posted a photo of Joe's cat that appeared to be in Maine also. My guess is that at some point Joe also went to Maine, but where either of them are now is anyone's guess.

• Love 1

I’m just curious why media commentators aren’t gossiping, as we are, why a morning show hosts aren’t on the show together anymore. Even if there was a perfectly innocent explanation —if the co hosts of any other morning news show did this Star mag would have a story Norah O’Donnell and Whomever in Furious Feud!! And page 6 be all like whispers around town about the icy  relationship between x & y! Not seen on set together for a month, we hear execs are pushing for x or y to be replaced. And we hear the other agrees! Cold times!

come on, add in the seamy engagement and its gossip fodder!  They have to be actively managing the papers and sites!  They’ve successfully kept shit out of papers before. 

Jesus between MSNBC keeping their shit show on the air and gossip columns obeying their wishes do the Stardust Twins have Jedi Mind Control?

• Love 4

Today in Know Your (Future Ex Husband's) Value::  Sending a child off to college.  More proof it's nothing but  "If it affects me, it's important", ego driven BS. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/know-your-value/feature/sending-kids-college-here-s-what-do-them-yourself-ncna902126

I've seen other anchors/reporters do the same thing. Local NBC affiliate anchor had a baby several years ago, she did a huge story upon returning to work on how expensive diapers are.  I sent her an email chastising her for making it about  herself, like she couldn't afford diapers,  instead of pointing out how difficult it is for mothers on welfare, etc, as SNAP benefits won't pay for diapers, which is total BS. 

Maybe Mika could do a story on, instead of how hard it is to send your kid to college when you're a wealthy white woman, how hard it is to afford college for single mothers, etc. 
But then that would entail having empathy for others.  Cue the fake tears.