Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Ughngnggh! Ugghhnnn!

• Start Topic

15/19. Truly weird. I hoard TP kind of, at least compared to DH, who thinks we're good if there are 2 squares left on the roll.

Not me.  I buy a 12-roll pack every time I go to the store.  It ain't gonna spoil, and all of it will get used sooner or later anyway.  CTP all the way!

• Love 1

I'm confused again guys! I've been here a little while so I thought I'd send out a few friend requests. I clicked on one "add friend" and the member automatically added to my profile. Does the person not get a notification?....and do we not see a notification that the people on our friend list are currently online?

I don't understand...

• Love 1

Not me.  I buy a 12-roll pack every time I go to the store.  It ain't gonna spoil, and all of it will get used sooner or later anyway.  CTP all the way!

Wait a minute. How often do you go to the store? Daily? Weekly? Monthly? Twice a year? We need to know your TP Hoardability Quotient.

I'm confused again guys! I've been here a little while so I thought I'd send out a few friend requests. I clicked on one "add friend" and the member automatically added to my profile. Does the person not get a notification?....and do we not see a notification that the people on our friend list are currently online?

I don't understand...

I have no idea what that friend thing does. I got a notification that someone "friended" me but I see nothing different.

Thanks CarpeDiem54. I thought that maybe I missed a step. It just looked really strange to me that the poster automatically added without giving said poster a chance to say yes or no. I'm not sure If I should continue randomly adding friends without their consent! :D

Edit: thanks editorgrrl! I guess I can randomly continue to add friends! 

Edited by shanndee
  • Love 2

It means friends are meaningless. Waaaaaaaaa! I had no idea you could make friends. and I hate friends. I want the ZA because I has no friends. sulks :(

I remember my parents fighting about toilet paper and I did a dramatic Scarlet O'Hara impression, AS GOD IS MY WITNESS I SHALL NEVER GO PAPERLESS AGAIN. In college when I was poor I stole TP from the school buildings, scavenging a roll here and there. (I paid for that, dad gum overpriced edumacation) Who knew my life was defined by TP? 

• Love 3

Hey nachomama.  I don't think I have any friends.  You know, for a while now I thought you were a mom who really likes nachos.  And now, JUST A SECOND AGO, it dawned on me that what you're really trying to say is, you're not my mama.  I can't believe how slow I am sometimes.  Just had to share.  And now you know why I don't have any friends :D

Edited by JBody
  • Love 4

Friending someone gives you a link to their posting history. Click on the head & shoulders at top right next to "My Shows," then "Manage Friends," then "View Member Content."

To control whether people can friend you without your approval, go to head & shoulders, then "My Settings." You can also control whether your friends are shown on your profile.

And the winner is PunkyMouse!

Woo-hoo! Go me!

Hee! I do like Nachos! And it took me like 5 years to ever get the "every kiss begins with Kay" commercials so you are not alone. 

OMG this is totally a joke in my family because it took me a while to get the "every kiss begins with Kay" thing, too. Then out of the blue my daughter says "You know, I just now figured out the 'every kiss begins with Kay' commercials!"

• Love 2

We didn't have Kay jewelers where I was from so I was thinking way too literally. not the letter K. d'oh! But then again I never was that bright. I also mis pronounced chick fil-a, I said "whats chick filla?" I also used to say out loud in my head "Ron-dez-vez" instead of Rendezvous. 

And when I was very young (but clearly warped, you'll see why) I heard a joke...What's the dirtiest thing ever said on television? Answer: June Cleaver says to Ward, "you were a little hard on the beaver last night". I didn't get it. but not in the way a young innocent child is not supposed to get it. I knew Beaver was the son ( not the hoohaw) so I thought it was extra demented special father/son time. I know why I have no friends.

• Love 4

We didn't have Kay jewelers where I was from so I was thinking way too literally. not the letter K. d'oh! But then again I never was that bright. I also mis pronounced chick fil-a, I said "whats chick filla?" 

O.M.G. - we must be related! I called it chick filla when we moved down south until I went through the drive through and they said "Welcome to chick fill ay, how may I serve you?" Then I felt really stupid. :o)

• Love 2

I work in a deli on weekends and they begun doing all the trendy salads, lots of Kale and Quinoa. so somebody asked for Ki-noah and I have a friend who loves to say Ciao but now she's sending emails with "chow" and I love her and don't wanna say ciao to her.

Oh! the best thing I ever heard was my mom's bff growing up was named Callie. Her parents were immigrants from Greece and her mom saw a word she loved and named her daughter after it. Calliope, only her name was pronounced Callie-opie not Kuh-lie-o-pee.

Edited by nachomama
  • Love 2

Mr. Nashville are you the dude in the commercial with the people running from chain saw weilding murderer and one says "lets hide behind the wall of chainsaws" and one is all "why can't we get in the running car?" and they call her stupid? I love that commercial

• Love 2

I think my laptop is on its last legs.  It's been telling me for a while that there's an issue with the network adapter but always finds a workaround; it likes to point out that it has fixed an issue but is detecting additional problems.  The wireless capability turned itself off this evening too, just for kicks, I guess.  The laptop is over five years old so I can't say it hasn't served me well.  I hate getting rid of something 'just because' (said the woman with the reliable phone currently held together by a piece of tape) but it's hard to argue with a hardware issue.  I'll be buying myself a new laptop for Christmas this year.  Anyway, if I disappear without explanation on Sunday night, that's why.  Fingers crossed my laptop holds up until The Walking Dead goes on hiatus.

• Love 2

;

it likes to point out that it has fixed an issue but is detecting additional problems.

I just got rid of a computer that was only 2 years old. It refused to fix anything, and liked to randomly disconnect itself apparently just for kicks. It really nearly blew up in my face when I tried to use a movie maker, turned my song playlist into hieroglyphics for fun, and kept telling me it wouldn't display pages.

I think it hated me even more than I hated it.

Thanks for nothing HP.

Mixing up names on this show can really be problematic. Apparently after catching a few episodes of season one with my mom and I, my youngest sister decided to start watching too. She's now almost done with season 4, and has been texting me things along the way. Last night I get - "Dude, Lily is psycho!" I was like, "Psycho? How? I mean, she was kind of an idiot and a negligent mother at times, but I never thought she was crazy". Response - "Lily killed Mika!!!!" Um no. That would LIZZIE. 

• Love 2

ghoulina..that pic! I die! I cannot WAIT to have my man Rick back this week!

ETA: Seeing that second picture, I think the past few eps for me have felt too "clean." Hospital setting, office buildings, where Abe, et al holed up. I like this show with maximum amounts of dirt I think.

Edited by mandolin
  • Love 4

I'm lucky my friends understand me so well.  My phone had a bit of a breakdown midweek and dialled a friend on my Contacts list I'd hadn't seen since last March.  She texted back, thrilled that I'd touched base.  We're meeting for dinner tonight.  I asked if we could eat in my neighbourhood at 6.30 because I had to be home by 9pm.  She replied: Of course you do, The Walking Dead is on.  My friends are pretty cool about rolling with my quirks!

Edited to remove a question that was answered by the pinned thread.

Edited by Irishmaple
  • Love 3

I'm lucky my friends understand me so well.  My phone had a bit of a breakdown midweek and dialled a friend on my Contacts list I'd hadn't seen since last March.  She texted back, thrilled that I'd touched base.  We're meeting for dinner tonight.  I asked if we could eat in my neighbourhood at 6.30 because I had to be home by 9pm.  She replied: Of course you do, The Walking Dead is on.  My friends are pretty cool about rolling with my quirks!

Edited to remove a question that was answered by the pinned thread.

Cool! Have a nice dinner.

Okay, so we've discussed how quite a few of us are TP hoarders; I'm just wondering if anyone else is like I am about gasoline. I never let my car get below 1/2 a tank. Ever. We live out in the country, an hour from town. Whenever I am done visiting with my mother, or doing our shopping, I fill the tank up - even if I have plenty to get home on. I hate the idea of my car sitting there with less than 1/2 a tank. What if we need to bug out? We need to have enough to get us as far as possible. Or if there's ever a situation where we're stranded in our car in the winter, I want enough gas to keep us warm for as long as possible. Yes, this is how my mind works. 

• Love 2

I don't have that gasoline issue unless I'm on a road trip, I don't go below a quarter just because I don't know where the next gas station will be. And I keep a roadside tally as to prices so if I saw $2.65 and they're going up I stop sooner rather than later. And I shall be road tripping tomorrow. I hate hate hate to travel on actual holidays, I don't like the crowded roads, planes, buses etc. but it's when I have time off. Sigh. I should be back in time to watch mid-season finale on Sunday. I will go vent my frustrations in the episode thread. 

I'm sad I lost a walking dead friend. At work, my co-worker and I liked to re-hash episodes and she's moving away. She's torn a ligament in her knee and cannot work so she's got to go rehab at her daughter's house since she won't have any income. 

• Love 2

Okay, so we've discussed how quite a few of us are TP hoarders; I'm just wondering if anyone else is like I am about gasoline. I never let my car get below 1/2 a tank. Ever. We live out in the country, an hour from town. Whenever I am done visiting with my mother, or doing our shopping, I fill the tank up - even if I have plenty to get home on. I hate the idea of my car sitting there with less than 1/2 a tank. What if we need to bug out? We need to have enough to get us as far as possible. Or if there's ever a situation where we're stranded in our car in the winter, I want enough gas to keep us warm for as long as possible. Yes, this is how my mind works. 

You.

Are.

Not.

Alone.

A nice little 8-mile hike back and forth through Memphis' Shelby Park at 2-3 AM one Saturday morning with a gas can taught me the importance of maintaining reserves. 

There's some freaky shit going on in that park during the wee hours, BTW.  And we're not talking normal freaky - we're talking 10:00 PM News freaky.

• Love 3

Is it just me, or are we missing Kikismom lately?

Not just you, and yes we are.

The Honest Trailer? (love those, BTW) Hilarious, especially when they inserted the shot of Rick running around yelling, "Corallllll!" It almost makes me want to watch that movie...almost.

• Love 3

Hello, my framily!

I wasn't traveling...we had a bit of a disaster here. But I'm a survivor. I sure missed you guys and the threads, only one episode left for me to enjoy with you (this year anyway.)

RIght now I'm trying to catch up on the voluminous posts---wow!

Some good reading :-D

I need some fun...and some snark!

• Love 5