Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Ughngnggh! Ugghhnnn!

• Start Topic

Apropos of nothing, I would just like to share that I woke up this morning out of a dream where I was in the car stuck on the way to the veterinary college, and there were hundreds approaching but they weren't walkers. They were those Russell Stover chocolate/orange cream pumpkins in the foil wrappers with the jack-o-lantern faces on the front.They were marching en masse and smiling at me.

It doesn't mean anything. I'm just sharing.

Death by diabetes?

• Love 1

I've got the TV on sometimes live, and those Halloween candy commercials are going straight into the same brain file as my TWD jones.

That makes me scared to go to sleep again.

What if I see the Termite hit Glenn's head with the bat and slit his throat...and caramel oozes out?

What if I see a man's face being eaten...by a flaming marshmallow Peep?

What if I see Gareth force the girls into the room with the trough full of human blood from Rick, Bob, Daryl, and Glenn...and the girls are made to bob for apples in it?

The whole dream-world is haunted now.

Edited by kikismom
  • Love 1

so the season premiere was the first episode that I ever watched live. Really cut the flow of the story by watching commercials but I just couldn't stand to wait.

I'm going to try to give myself at least 15 minutes of DVR time this week. Do you all save up time or are you like me and can't wait?

there sure seem to be a lot of commercials last week, but then again I never watch live TV so I'm not used to it.

• Love 2

Oh man DOOM! I knew we were missing someone. I hope he shows up here sometime.

Hate commercials. Bingewatched S1 on Netflix & have never been the same. Had to watch week by week ever since but we streamed. Happy to say as of next Wednesday we will have AMC & DVR & all that so it'll be weird but cool watching it with y'all. In Canada AMC is a premium channel like HBO but the Bell guy gave us an offer we couldn't refuse so hello twenty-first century!

• Love 3

Oh man DOOM! I knew we were missing someone. I hope he shows up here sometime.

Happy to say as of next Wednesday we will have AMC & DVR & all that so it'll be weird but cool watching it with y'all.

If you watch it with us you better post live with us!

Sometimes I'm not home when I watch, and I have to watch with people who don't have DVR...I'm like one of those passengers riding with a slow driver, pressing my foot on the floor What are we stopping for?! Let's GO!!!

I'm going to try to give myself at least 15 minutes of DVR time this week. Do you all save up time or are you like me and can't wait?

I wait until 8:15 and then watch via DVR. No commercials. I could not watch this show with commercials. Plus, that just gives my kids 15 more minutes to settle down and leave me the hell alone, haha. 

I don't live post, though. I have to focus. But I always start posting as soon as it's over. I can't wait to see what the rest of you are saying!

• Love 4

My boyfriend and I also use the DVR trick (we usually start watching between 7:15 and 7:30 MT). We even plan our Sunday night dinner to coincide with out TWD watching.

I do the same with Sons of Anarchy (he gave up on that show during S5, but I just keep watching....glutton for punishment, I guess).

We never watch anything live - except for University of Colorado football games (also, gluttons for punishment LOL).

• Love 1

I can't watch live either, and by the time I DO watch and come here, there's already eleventy-dozen pages and catching up is near impossible. OH, hell - I'll just skip sleeping tonight!

Ah, hyperbole, it's way more like dozeny-eleven....

• Love 1

Hey y'all!  Sorry, someone thought a throwaway joke I made was a real spoiler; I am so sorry it came across like that! I don't actually know any such thing, it was sarcasm but I guess a little too dry. Or in the future I should say "just kidding"!

Whoever was upset, I apologize for making you think I gave away something real!  I'll be more careful...but it is kinda funny...I do come up with some weird shit just being a smart-ass sometimes. Like the time I told the statie who pulled me over that I was speeding because I had to get my heroin delivery downtown by 7:00.

He didn't think that was so funny either.

• Love 2

I survived Walker Stalker Con! It was both very much fun and entirely worth it but holy moly it's a lot LOT. First day was very quiet got very close to Hershel, Joe (Jeff Kober), Crazy Mary, saw the booths and junk. Most of the big names were not there yet. Sat in on couple of small panels, the dead men of WD, with Martinez, Oscar, Allen and Tlove (governor henchman dude) truly Martinez is awesome. Allen is major WD nerd from comic books got very deep into it. 

Second day watched Greg Nicotero's special effects panel. and Andrea and Dale's panel. Where they spent too much time on Andrea's recent saving of slave trafficking. They talked about it and then idiots stood up and asked the same questions that had just been answered. There was a lot of that. Idiot girls (the same ones over and over, I got to where I knew the names and they're from Ohio) and omg women shamelessly hawking out their kids in order to get a hug. People pay money to get the vip photo op stuff and they're not supposed to ask for that during the panels and they wasted so much time. They send their kid up there to stutter out a really stupid question then Norman Reedus or Andrew Lincoln would pull the child up and gush how cute and then the woman gets a hug. And these kids have balls! This one kid Rosie got a hat from Steven Yeun earlier at the signing then she gets up on stage during the q & a asks him what he wants to be for halloween (stupid question but great answer) then she ASKED COULD SHE STAY UP ON STAGE WITH HIM. This irritated me to no end. I didn't think it was cute or precocious. 

anyway his answer was...he hates halloween because when he was a kid his mom made them an awesome dragon costume but didn't understand that dragons didn't have clown faces, she put big lipstick cirlces on his cheeks and like a red nose or something. He fell asleep on the couch at 6 pm no one woke him up and he missed trick or treating all together. And they went to his cousin's neighborhood where they gave out the good stuff, full sized candy bars and he missed it. so he hates halloween. 

• Love 8

I apologize for the extreme stream of consciousness posting. but I'm trying to recall everything. 

Michael Rooker is completely batshit crazy. He cancelled first day (stuck in traffic) but rescheduled Sunday. He wouldn't sit down, all over the stage, making up his own questions. 

I have random video snippets and don't even know what to do with them to share.

Right before The Hershel, Beth, Maggie panel some jackass asked his girlfriend to marry him. If thats your thing, great but she didn't seem that into it and she was dressed as the governor. (Maybe she was overwhelmed) No clue how this dude got permission to do this but they clearly were in on it. He may have some affiliation to Walker Stalker con. 

Most people seem very much like themselves, Hershel is very calm and nurturing, and Dale is very Dale-y. He was funny because he doesn't have a tv so he hasn't kept up and in his mind they all live in a happy valley with fruit trees.

Chandler Riggs is much less annoying than Carl, all his panel was little bitty kids. He does think the Carl Poppa video is funny and they played the hell out of all of the bad lip reading videos. 

• Love 6

Jason Momoa was there  and some vampire diaries dudes so there was cross over, the question I would have wanted to ask if I could have gotten in the line but nooooooooooooooo Colleen and her sister from Ohio and some dude named Sintron got in every single line somehow, anyway, I would have asked what was the most satisfying evil do-er death... the governor or Joffry on Game of Thrones. 

Michonne and the Governor were the two I would have liked to have seen. There was no way I could have stood in any of the lines for signing, you would be there all day and never make it to any of the panels. Plus I don't know what they charged once you got up there, they had a variety of pictures you could choose that they would sign and they would take a picture but I know Daryl charges some $150! 

Oh Andrew Lincoln is very funny, he was very non Rick. They talked a lot about the beard and apprently it's shown on screen but they're extremely hush hush about the beard but it's now in a plastic bag in Norman Reedus' fridge. He's preserving the DNA to clone Rick. For all panels they pretty much just had you go to your seats (vip, gold, silver etc) but once the sections were filled you could move up. But for Norman and Andrew, omg it was like stampede on the African Safari. There was no standing or sitting in the aisles, they had an overflow room. I grabbed a seat in the overflow room during some earlier thing and just didn't budge otherwise there would have been no way I would get to see it. They had very big screens they projected everything onto so it didn't really matter if you got "close" to them, the best view was probably in the back closer to a screen. 

• Love 6

SyFy's Z Nation (from the same people who brought you Sharknado) killed off the hero in the very first episode. I thought it was a way of saying, "This ain't your grandpa's TWD." Then they had a zombie baby (the Anti–Lil Asskicker). But now they've gone & killed off their "Rick."

As long as they let the dog live, I'm in.   :-)   TWD needs a trusty pitbull to look after Li'l Asskicker.

I have random video snippets and don't even know what to do with them to share.

Did you try putting them on like imgur first and then transfer here?

Thanks for your eyewitness report :-D  sounds like a blast, exhausting I bet. Maybe Rooker was loaded? I hope those people from Ohio got smacked down in the parking lot. If I was only there...

• Love 2

I guess it's best to go with people (seriously can't believe I never could scrape up somebody from town) so someone could be saving a seat and another get in line to ask questions. Or someone to go get things signed while one went to see panels. There's no way to do it all by yourself. They seemed genuinely pleased to meet people, thrilled with their jobs and not too much diva-ness. Norman tended to be late for stuff but it's possible the wranglers couldn't really keep him unwrangled. 

They all tended to swear a lot and a little 7 year old would have just asked a question and then they say bad words. And they all said "you watch this show and you're not scared?" and they're upset the kid isn't scared of zombies. haha They all praised each other and everyone else's projects. They all gave shout outs to John Bernthal saying he is the absolute best to work with. They all seem to love where Carol's going.

Sophia was there and she looks nothing like Sophia. Desperately searching my brain for tidbits that we haven't heard before. And I know there's tons I'm leaving out. I need to sort my videos but they're all so short just to get a taste and they always said good stuff as soon as I stopped. 

* whispers* I don't know how imgr tweety vine etc I don't do none of that. Nobody needs to know my constant thoughts on lunch or my hair or whatever random stuff people update constantly with. I have a fake facebook that I uploaded them to. But I nearly lost it because it wanted to "verify" who I am and I couldn't remember the random birthday I put in. haha

• Love 3

* whispers* I don't know how imgr tweety vine etc I don't do none of that. Nobody needs to know my constant thoughts on lunch or my hair or whatever random stuff people update constantly with. I have a fake facebook that I uploaded them to. But I nearly lost it because it wanted to "verify" who I am and I couldn't remember the random birthday I put in. haha

Imgur is pretty good because they don't want your thoughts or anything personal, just an image site you put a picture on and it makes it possible to send to other sites that don't accept a direct transfer. I never belonged to facebook or myspace or snapchat or anything that involves info. But if you don't check into imgur every so often, they erase you because they just have so much visual space taken up.

• Love 1

Hey yall could anyone direct me towards getting some technical help? Everytime I try to like a post I get an error saying something like there was a problem storing my vote or something. Anyway just point me in the right direction please? Also, and this is something I can't really get into but.....if you are a Directv customer, AMC is going to be running scary messages about how Directv is going to drop AMC. I can tell you for sure, that aint happeneing and AMC is contractually obligated to continue providing all its content to Directv for at least the next 6 months. Please dont freek out....and dont call Directv to complain about it either, take it up with AMC. Nevermind how I know all this ;)

• Love 4

so the season premiere was the first episode that I ever watched live. Really cut the flow of the story by watching commercials but I just couldn't stand to wait.

there sure seem to be a lot of commercials last week, but then again I never watch live TV so I'm not used to it.

I watched my recording at 10pm, and since I was asleep by 8pm last night, I watched this week's episode this morning, as it was slowly getting light. It was a perfect time to watch it, and I got to fast-forward through the adverts.

I would have been nice and relaxed, as planned, had it not been for my dog knocking over my tea, and then my having to quickly bath him, and wipe up the mess, before making more tea, and then settling back in.

As soon as I can think of what to have as a snack, I'm going to watch last night's ep. Yeah, you'd think I'd have realized by now that "Snacks 'n TWD" do not mix, but I'm a slow learner.

I think I'd better stick to cheese and crackers tonight. Although this show has now enured me to the horrors of cannibalism, this chart of Human Choice Cuts still managed to put me off meat:

http://i.imgur.com/oiErXq8.jpg

• Love 1

Week 3 Meditation class: Silence.  Thanks to all gods everywhere, there's only one more to go.  This one was an odd puppy.  I liked how the leader (not Sister Pam sadly) explained silence as a space between words and actions.  A moment before reacting.  That was interesting for me because, as I've mentioned a time or twenty, I work mainly with Pre-Kindergarten kids (I know, the pragmatically evil woman works with impressionable children!) and I've learned over the years to do that: to take that breath in the moment between the eighth glass of milk spilling on the floor and the top of my head blowing off.  In a very real way, she made silence accessible.

Anyway, to the odd part, because nothing in my life ever goes seamlessly, we had a silent meditation and the guy sitting next to me feel asleep.  HIs head dropped onto my shoulder!  I'm sitting there, quietly, eyes closed and I feel the weight on my shoulder.  I'm a person who prefers strangers keep a polite distance so I might have overreacted just a bit.  Or maybe I just pay too much attention to surviving the ZA.  Poor guy got my elbow right into his ribs. I'm guessing he won't be sitting next to me again.  No-one else noticed anything, so the moment passed without comment.  Those meditators are good!

Happy Diwali to those celebrating it.  I have a light in my window courtesy of my room mate.   

• Love 2

Week 3 Meditation class: Silence.  Thanks to all gods everywhere, there's only one more to go.  This one was an odd puppy.  I liked how the leader (not Sister Pam sadly) explained silence as a space between words and actions.  A moment before reacting.  That was interesting for me because, as I've mentioned a time or twenty, I work mainly with Pre-Kindergarten kids (I know, the pragmatically evil woman works with impressionable children!) and I've learned over the years to do that: to take that breath in the moment between the eighth glass of milk spilling on the floor and the top of my head blowing off.  In a very real way, she made silence accessible.

Anyway, to the odd part, because nothing in my life ever goes seamlessly, we had a silent meditation and the guy sitting next to me feel asleep.  HIs head dropped onto my shoulder!  I'm sitting there, quietly, eyes closed and I feel the weight on my shoulder.  I'm a person who prefers strangers keep a polite distance so I might have overreacted just a bit.  Or maybe I just pay too much attention to surviving the ZA.  Poor guy got my elbow right into his ribs. I'm guessing he won't be sitting next to me again.  No-one else noticed anything, so the moment passed without comment.  Those meditators are good!

Happy Diwali to those celebrating it.  I have a light in my window courtesy of my room mate.   

That's great about the guy falling asleep on you...:-)

Tell your roomie Happy Diwali from us!

• Love 1

**walks in slowly, a little unsure of the new surroundings**

Hello Everyone. I just wanted to pop in to say hi. I'm new to the board, but I have been enjoying it immensely! In the past I have been more of a lurker than a poster, but I am working on changing that!

Anyway, I'm a huge Walking Dead fan. I expect I will also be active in the Sleepy Hollow, Game of Thrones, Doctor Who and Sons of Anarchy forums as well.

See you around! Cheers!

• Love 7

Welcome Shanndee!

No need to be cautious; we just hang it all out and embarrass ourselves in front of the world daily.

Well, I do at least.

TWoP closing down was like the fall of the prison. We panicked, we got confused about the rendezvous, we managed to find each other again. (music swells).

Also similar in that we like to get dirty, we make each other cry, and just when we think we reached the limit of our remaining gas---more pops up out of nowhere!

Hope you have fun here...and please feel free to jump in as much as possible!

• Love 6

Thanks AngelaHunter and kikismom! 

This does seem like a fun board, and I look forward to embarrassing myself with all of you! :-)   I will jump in as much as possible (it will be easy this week, I have a few days off and Mr. Shanndee is at work, so you may get tired of seeing me this week!

• Love 2

Hi shandee!  I'm not a prolific poster, but I read all the posts and look forward to reading yours, as well.   Welcome to our sanctuary - we're an opininated bunch, but haven't developed a taste for human flesh (AFAIK), so you're safe here.   ;-)

• Love 3

TWoP closing down was like the fall of the prison.

Perfect analogy! Where, oh, where to go? I peeked at a couple of forums and wept in despair at finding them filled with trolls and utter nonsense. When someone on TwoP (I wish I could remember who so I could thank her) suggested this place, I perked up like a walker smelling a warm body.

• Love 4

Oh come on, guys. I think we were much more organized than the prison. Within hours of the announcement the name of this site was already circulating. Many of us signed up right away. We had a backup plan. When TWOP closed the doors, it was a smooth transition for most. No leaving signs on other forums - "Kikis, mom, if you see this, come to Previously". No sitting alone in one-man TWD chat room, eating a can of pudding. No. We had out shit together! 

Of course we didn't have to deal with tanks and one-eyed psychos, so perhaps I'm being a bit too braggardly. 

Anyhow, welcome Shanndee! Glad to have you!

• Love 6

I apologize for the extreme stream of consciousness posting. but I'm trying to recall everything. 

Michael Rooker is completely batshit crazy. He cancelled first day (stuck in traffic) but rescheduled Sunday. He wouldn't sit down, all over the stage, making up his own questions. 

I saw Michael Rooker at a local Fan Expo and he was a blast! He definitely exists on his own personal plane of existence. I'm not sure I could live in his world...but I would dearly love to be invited to spend an afternoon in it! He has a staffer asking him some questions before the crowd got to go to the microphones, and if he thought a question was boring he'd brush it off and ask his own. He didn't do it as much with the fans, but yes, he had a tendency to wander in his answers while he physically wandered the stage.

I'm still up for visiting the RookerSphere for an afternoon though!

• Love 2

Oh yes! Planet Rooker would be a hoot. He let the audience ask their questions then did a rapid fire "yes" "no" answer question thing to which he mostly shouted "next" if he thought it was boring or redundant. Someone asked which celebrities would he like to work with or something about celebrities he shouted "none! I hate em"

And when I get my junk together I shall find a way to post my clips, not the most fascinating but hey it's all I got.

• Love 3

Has anyone here read Mira Grant's zombie trilogy?  It was recommended over in the Books forum and it's an entertaining read.  I read Feed and I'm about halfway through Deadline.  The interesting part for me is the contrast with The Walking Dead.  On this show, the majority of the Southern US population seems to be gone and infrastructure has collapsed.  In Grant's series, humans went through a massive cull when the infection hit but things have stabilized over the course of the thirty or so years since the initial outbreak.  Some parts of the US are liveable, others are abandoned to the zombies, and most inhabited places still have outbreaks of zombie attacks.  Things work though.  There's Internet and stores and farm production, big windows have gone out of style and vehicles are reinforced for protection.  It's an interesting look at a post-ZA world and Grant's world includes Canada, which is nice for me since The Walking Dead's world does not. 

• Love 3

This is the first I've heard of it Irishmaple , it sounds like something I would enjoy.  I will be on the lookout for it (it will be nice to see Canada included in the ZA).

Wait...that came out wrong...

;-)

• Love 3

Oh, are we 3 Irish Maples? I think I may have found a new home!

Does anybody mind if I hide out in here for awhile? Mr. Shanndee is playing Destiny and I'm waiting for 9.00 so I can claim the TV to watch Sleepy Hollow. Imagine my "horror" at seeing the recap already on the main page! I refuse to be spoiled (goofiness is not nearly as much fun if it is spoiled goofiness!), so I'm going to hide out on this forum until its safe, ok?

• Love 2