Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Ughngnggh! Ugghhnnn!

• Start Topic

I guess I’m getting old. I got a new tv from cyber Monday because I wanna cut the cord so I need a smart tv. And I’m not quite my mom, who could not program a vcr, but close. I think I’m 90% set up. I was able to get the apps like Hulu, britbox, etc set up before I could get it to find my cable box and in the bedroom it still can’t but I think I’m missing 1 hdmi cord. So I got it done but it took me most of the day and I kept saying “I’m not that old!” But then I have been putting together a Spotify list. That def dates me. Everything is old. But what’s odd is most wasn’t even my youth.  Being that I grew up in New Mexico with no mtv. We missed the entire “British new wave” you either had top 40 radio, heavy metal or shitkicker country. So I got to college and my friend Candice was singing “rock the casbah” and I would have bet money she made it up. It was not “real”. Then I discovered I did indeed like the clash. Just not Candice Singing it. I have decided I’m Irish. Like Irish Irish. I’m only watching Irish police dramas on acorn or britbox and I got a lot of Irish going on in my Spotify list. And with the passing of Shane McGowan whom I share a birthday with. I was listening to a lot of pogues over the weekend. If Christmas Eve in a drunk tank is not the very description of my soul I do not know what is. But I never knew any of these things when I was growing up. Had to discover them later. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/23/2023 at 6:40 AM, Nashville said:

FYI (since the site was down): the other day (Wednesday) was my wife’s and my anniversary - 38 years.

Congrats to you and Mr Nashville on your anniversary, and a merry Christmas to all the rest of the primetimer apocalypse enjoyers out there.

• Love 2

Congrashulashuns on your stubbornacity! I know it was down for a few days but I can officially no longer access the site from my work computer. I can also no longer access our email. So I have to do both on my phone. I have a super old computer and it can no longer upgrade. We keep it because we cannot upgrade our Heidelberg. That software is like $25k so keep the old computer but he has to get me a laptop or something else so that I can still get stuff from the web. That might be a while (until it inconveniences him. ) 

• Mind Blown 1