Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Ughngnggh! Ugghhnnn!

• Start Topic

They had some face painting i.e. Get zombie face. Honestly I kept busy just going to panels and I was very happy with that. I had very good guests I think michonne was the only one of the bigs that failed to show at mine. Darryl and Rick did a panel together. They're very fun together. I was good going panel to panel and if I had wanted to go to a meet n greet I wouldn't have made it to the panels. And I didn't buy anything like tshirts or souvenirs until the last day. Hoping they would get discounted because they didn't want to pack it up and haul it back out. It's big on tattoos if you wanna go that route. And it was strange, the same people stood up in panel after panel to ask questions. Sometimes really stupid questions. I liked the technical panels. Greg nicotero loves to talk and he can go on forever. I loved it because it was very informational, it wasn't fan girlies asking what they like to eat or how hot it was on set. Michael rooker is batshit crazy too. Very entertaining but whacko central. You can probly meet Hershel his line wasn't too long and he was very huggy.

Edited by nachomama
  • Love 1

Oh cool, so there are multiple panels then? At the Star Trek cons I attended it was usually just one (sometimes two) big panel with all the guests on stage at once. If there are different ones going on throughout the day, that might actually be worth it to go. Mostly I don't want to spend all that money only to discover it'll cost another couple hundred bucks or whatever in order to do anything other than look at all the stuff I can't afford to buy. :p

I wish Scott Wilson were on the roster but he doesn't look to be right now anyway. Hershel's one of my all-time favorite characters and I'd actually consider forking out some dough for his autograph. Josh McDermitt seems really cool and I think he'd been fun to talk to; guess I'll have to wait and see how much it is and whether it's worth spending so much time waiting.

If you could go again but had to pay full price, do you feel you got enough out of it to warrant a weekend pass, or would you go for just a day? I noticed all the guests for this one are scheduled for both Sat. and Sun. Did they repeat panels throughout the weekend, or was each day different, say Rick and Daryl only did a panel on Saturday, for example?

I would only do 1 day if I had to pay full price. And mine were only one panel per group. Josh McDermott was awesome! Funny as hell and they were brand new on the show when I went. Knew nothing about Abraham or Eugene but they were highly entertaining. My favorites were Rick and Darryl panel. Glen (by himself) and Abe Eugene. They had Maggie, Beth and Hershel and it was just after Hershel went bye bye and it hadnt been revealed what Beth's fate was so it felt kinda flat. Melissa Mcbrides panel was interesting too that was just after Lizzie so it was heavy but informative. Glenn told the cutest story. A little girl asked what his favorite Halloween costume was (it was in October) and he replied that he hates Halloween. Said his mom made him a costume and she didn't quite understand the concept. It was a Chinese dragon costume which would have been super cool but have him a clown head. Then he fell asleep on the couch and no one woke him up and they trick or treated without him. And they went to the rich neighborhood and his cousin got full size candy bars and he totally missed it. (The little girl annoyed me because she sat by him on stage through the whole story and took his hat. Kept it!)

What a great story! I can just imagine a little Steven in a creepy dragon costume with a clown head. Yikes! Poor baby. LOL

I'm glad to hear you'd opt for a one-day pass. I was leaning in that direction myself, mostly because overnight accommodations in the area are so freaking expensive. I'd definitely want to see Josh McDermitt's panel. They don't have the schedule up yet, so I'm going to wait until they do before buying any tickets. If it ends up selling out, no harm no foul. I'll just go camping instead. ;)

It's definitely puh-kawn. And we already had the debate about soda vs pop. Which the correct answer is just coke. It's generic for everything. :D app-ruh-cot or ape-ruh-cot? Correct answer is neither. Yuck. They're gross.

• Love 1

See-rup...I have a reallly strange accent thanks to the 'rents and growing up in Chicago.  'Rents gave me certain accents on words from the south.  People ask me all the time how long I've lived here...lol  I will still say "worsh" as in I need to worsh the dishes every once in awhile when I'm tired.

I have a reallly strange accent thanks to the 'rents and growing up in Chicago.

Mine's probably weirder: "water," "quarter," and "daughter" all rhyme. (Wahdder, kwahdder, and dahdder.) And "potato" is neither pohtaytoh nor pohtahtoh—it's buddayduh.

Ok screwed up quoting on my phone. My high school English teacher said "bud-day-duh for potato. He was from cape cod. He and his wife arrived and no one could understand their accent. 20 years later he only has a few things still pronounced weird. She still has heavy accent. We read the grapes of wrath and it really brought out thd "bud-day-duh"

I like "wutter" for water. And my mom said "worsh" the dishes.

Pronunciations:

Syrup = Sear-up.

Pecans = Puh-kahns.

Apricots = Ah-pri-kots.

Potato = Poe-tay-toe.

Aunt = Ahnt.

Caramel = Ka-ruh-mel.

Pajamas = Puh-jah-mahs.

________

'Mow the lawn' NOT 'cut the grass'.☺

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 1

My lunches this week cost 82 cents. 1loaf of the generic cheapest bread. Pb & j still hanging on.

Today I made wangs. Tasty and scrumptious.

We mowed the lawn. But we cut the grass too. Funniest video in the universe, in my house, my mom recorded my dad mowing and when he spotted her he shot her the death glare. It lives on in infamy!

• Love 1

Mine's probably weirder: "water," "quarter," and "daughter" all rhyme. (Wahdder, kwahdder, and dahdder.) And "potato" is neither pohtaytoh nor pohtahtoh—it's buddayduh.

Holy crap I never realized until I read your post that I say buddayduh....lol

• Love 1

When my kids were in band I used to work the concession stand at the games.  Whenever anyone came up to order a drink they would ask for a coke.  Me: What kind of coke do you want?  Customer: Um, gimme a mountain dew.

• Love 2

When my kids were in band I used to work the concession stand at the games.  Whenever anyone came up to order a drink they would ask for a coke.  Me: What kind of coke do you want?  Customer: Um, gimme a mountain dew.

That's how it's done. unless they said pepsi, then you shoot them. 

We used to get cokes at the concession stand because the cooler was on the fritz and they were frozen. we could cut the top off the can and eat it like a slushee. 

So my boss comes in and says "hey, lets get rid of some of this clutter" ( the clutter is several scraps of foam core--he cut it and they are his scraps, couple piles of paper, "what are these?" he asks, they are his, leftover from the last thing he printed.) So I schlepp away these things that offend him (that he left here) then he tells me he's printing some signs that I need to mount and then says "sorry I had you take away the box of stands, I should have said keep 4 of them". There are still piles of used toner cartridges from the printer that he insists on taking back for recycling. They've been here about 6 months. But every time he insists he's taking them. 

My desk is a mess, I own that. It is true I pile things up on my desk. Everything else is his. And if he just said "take this, move this, do that" I'd do it and never think twice. It's the fact that he doesn't believe he left it there. Asking me where everything came from. He looks at me like I'm nuts but I've never cut a board in my life. He cuts the boards and sets aside the pieces. I would recycle the used toner cartridges because at one time they paid cash for them, now you get store credit and I don't need that much from Staples, ha! I could start a Staple black market fund, I get $20 credit and I sell it to you for $10!

So sad to hear about Prince's passing. :`(

Although I haven't kept up with his material since the '90s, I'll always have a special place in my heart for Prince and the great memories of my youth his music brings. RIP

Edited: changed my mind about TMI

Edited by Sighed I
  • Love 1

^I just found out like 10 minutes ago while browsing my facebook,

when I was a kid, I thought MJ and Prince were brothers. :)

Ah, the naivete of youth... I once read on a gossip board (for what that's worth) that MJ felt threatened by Prince's talent and disliked him intensely (which seems very silly considering). I don't know where Prince stood on the matter, or if it's even true. Now that both are dead, we may never know for sure, but I'm not sure it really matters in the end.

Wow, I feel so disconnected now.  Not mourning Prince, and a barely there accent - I'm an original Canadian who never once said "oot" or "aboot" and didn't adopt the SoCa inflection, either.

And I drink Pepsi, not Coke, and NEVER EVER diet anything.  :-(

Diet anything is bad. Way more bad for you than the sugar or high fructose corn seer-up. :D

My boss has a ticket stub from 1981 Prince concert. $9!! NINE frikkin dollars! When he told me Prince died, I was so confused because I woulda gone straight to Prince Charles like no way did he mean little red corvette Prince!

$9?!!! Damn! I was very surprised when I heard he died too. I read today he had been in poor health for a while, but I hadn't been keeping tabs on his career for years and had no idea.

I like Mexican Coke and Coca-Cola Life.

Please pass the puh-kahns, and the si-rup too, please.

Has anyone done "coupon" yet? Coo-pon or cue-pon?

Oh I like a Mexican coke! With some sharp cheddar cheese. Nom nom.

I say cue-pon.

Tonight my co worker tried to kill me with a bird. There are birds in our store. Until now I've only seen them zipping along in the rafters. But they tell me the birds get pretty bold and hop around the ground and chase you. Kathy comes over to chat and I see her jump. And saw movement. She jumped so high I thought there must be a rat or a snake or spider. So I jumped too. It was thd teeny bird. So cute. He hopped away and Kathy chased him with a news paper trying to shoo him. I laughed so hard I nearly peed my pants. And I said I've gotta pack it in for the night. I've gotten giddy. I worked 17 hours today because in taking the weekend off. Clearly I've lost my marbles.

• Love 1

Hated to hear about Prince.

I'd been a fan ever since "Controversy" came out.

I owed Prince a serious debt.

His music got me... ahhh... WAY more of an active social life in college than I actually deserved.

• Love 1

My parents were the vigilant sort so the TV and stereo were in shared space. I had to listen to my Prince tape with headphones because my mother blew her gasket when she heard Darling Nikki. Raspberry Beret is my song though. I love that song. No matter how many times I hear it, it just makes me happy.

• Love 1

Just heard it. Obviously everybody playing Prince music this weekend. I'm in the land of whacky radio, lots and lots of gospel stations and oldies. I'm sure my parents woulda crapped their pants if they ever paid attention.

We once rented "the breakfast club" and my dad made us turn it off. We were laughing at the nerds inability to build and elephant lamp who trunk won't turn on the light and my father was freaking out at the "language" and we were cracking up.

Omg birds are now stalking me! There's a robin hopping around my car. The bird in the store is a starling I believe. Tiny tiny. But he's sent a message to his bigger tougher cousin to come peck out my eyes.

Wow, I feel so disconnected now.  Not mourning Prince, and a barely there accent - I'm an original Canadian who never once said "oot" or "aboot" and didn't adopt the SoCa inflection, either.

And I drink Pepsi, not Coke, and NEVER EVER diet anything.  :-(

Don't feel disconnected. I don't care about Prince either, although I did like his very very naughty "Little Red Corvette" and have been known to blast it in my car.

We Canadians don't say "oot" or "aboot." Scottish people say that. We say "oat" and "aboat".

In my house (hoase) there is no "Diet", "Light", "calorie reduced" or any of that shit. I love mayonnaise - real mayonnaise - mixed with a little Dijon -  slathered thickly on a ham and Swiss sammy.

*goes back to sipping Grand Marnier*

• Love 2

Hated to hear about Prince.

I'd been a fan ever since "Controversy" came out.

I owed Prince a serious debt.

His music got me... ahhh... WAY more of an active social life in college than I actually deserved.

I remember my Mom almost having a coronary when she walked into my bedroom and heard me listening to that record....I was like 8 or 9 I think.  She took it away and I pedaled my ass back to the record store and bought another one.  lol  I had no clue that it was "dirty" I just loved his music.  Man I have 10 year old nieces that couldn't find there way off their street much less find ways to earn money and go across town by themselves to buy an "R" record.  My times have changed.

Fast forward to Purple Rain and our county fair had these mirrors with the cover of Purple Rain imprinted.  My Dad won me one on the mouse game, and he proceeded to try and win one for my best friend who came with us.  He finally put a quarter on every single number because he could not for the life of him win again...lol

Just checking in to see the new layout. Yay for updates!

I saw online that TWD starts filming May 1. I don't think I want to be spoiled about who was Lucilled, but I don't see how they are going to keep it a secret. When I was angry at DumpsterGate, it was very easy to find out the truth!

Just got onto P.tv for the first time since the upgrade.  

Not trying to play the Grumpy Old Man card, here, but I think the new format is giving me brain cancer.

You can "follow" individual topics, but you can't follow a forum?

Is there a tutorial or printer around here somewhere I'm missing?

• Love 2

I had a fabulously Mis-earned reputation for weed in high school. Took it from a kid I babysat. Her mom sold pot she wanted me to teach her to smoke it. I held onto it for a while (didn't want mama to find it missing then me lose fingers or something) eventually my sister ratted on me so I gave it away at school. 

Since the end of this show, my live TV viewing consists of 12 Monkeys on Monday night and Orphan Black on Thursday. Everything else has been relegated to On Demand. I'm two weeks behind on Fear TWD, three weeks behind TAR and I find I'm untroubled by this. I've lost interest in Vikings, never bothered picking up The Magicians or The Path despite being initially intrigued by both. Bosch is available on Crave (a legal streaming service)  Daredevil and Jessica Jones are on Netflix Canada, and I wouldn't mind checking them out but haven't bothered yet. I'm becoming a rather casual TV viewer which surprises me because I bordered on obsessive there for a while. I spent the last couple of nights on four accumulated episodes of Blindspot and let everything else slide. And I enjoyed those episodes.  Is there a cure for that?