Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Ughngnggh! Ugghhnnn!

• Start Topic

On 4/8/2021 at 7:59 AM, nachomama said:

My friend caught his mom in the act of "permitting" someone to access her computer remotely, as in they claimed to be Norton or some kind of "security" and were going to clean up the hard drive, etc. With that, they wouldn't have to ask for any passwords etc all info on the computer would be theirs.

This happened to my mum once, and she had me allowing them onto my computer, until I realized what the hell was going on. I disconnected from the internet, and did the same with hers, then made sure they could no longer access them, ran one of those programs to get rid of things like rootkits (?). I can't remember what else - it's been a long time. I had nothing remotely interesting on my computer, and only used amazon to occasionally order a book. Mum was basically the same. Neither parent did their banking on the computer, dad still writes cheques. 

Edited by Anela

If anyone calls you, has a heavy accent and identifies him or herself as "Kevin", "Steve", "Jennifer", e.g. and says they are calling from "Vindows" because your computer is "sending out errors", hang up immediately. Kind of hard to believe that "Windows" is monitoring every computer on the planet and checking for "errors". 🙄

• LOL 1

I love Ruth Buzzie. I used to think the entire Carol Burnett show was just the cartoon opening so I'd leave as soon as the opening credits were over. But I'd stick around for Ruth Buzzie.

I've never lived in a trailer, however, my entire being screams trailer trash. My sister lived in a trailer but she kept it up quite nicely. She was very OCD and if you looked in her laundry room, she had table runners hung up and organized by color. TABLE RUNNERS. A trailer can be nice, usually not though. And I'm pretty sure evil sister gonna trash the whole joint, whatevs! BYGONES.

On 4/18/2021 at 12:20 AM, heisenberg said:

Have fun Nashville if you have not heard it yet.

Thanks @heisenberg - you just gave me my background soundtrack for the day! ❤️

23 hours ago, Superclam said:

And do you all know what this is? 

lostsaucer.jpg

Jim Nabors and Ruth Buzzi in “The Lost Saucer”; even when I was a dumb kid, this series was frequently too stupid for me to tolerate.

• Love 3

I love the outtakes from the Carol Burnette show where Tim Conway or Harvey Corman crack up. Like the elephant blowing it's trunk or Tim Conway kept sticking himself with the novocaine needles as the dentist. Harvey Corman couldn't keep a straight face to save his life.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
50 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

I saw Ruth Buzzi late last year on an an old episode of: Dean Martin Celebrity Roast: Angie Dickinson.

I saw the image I referred to on a Frank Cinatra celebrity roast with Don Rickles, I didn’t initially get the name, or to be fair the sex of the person in question, I was rather reminded of a character from The Munsters, I do now accept that the image I saw wasn’t taken from anywhere near the best angle, neither was it helped by possibly the worst hairstyle ever to have been recorded on film.

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, Superclam said:

I used to love the Carol Burnett show. Watching on Saturday night with my grandparent's was as good as it got. 

It's on every night on MeTV. I think their "Gone with the Wind" parody may have gotten one of the longest laughs in TV history, along with Mary Tyler Moore's funeral of Chuckles the Clown, or "Taxi's" 'Alex Goes to a Gay Bar'.

• Love 2

Did you guys used to watch Donny & Marie? I loved that show! 

14 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I think their "Gone with the Wind" parody may have gotten one of the longest laughs in TV history,

Undisputed classic of American TV. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, nachomama said:

I love the outtakes from the Carol Burnette show where Tim Conway or Harvey Corman crack up. Like the elephant blowing it's trunk or Tim Conway kept sticking himself with the novocaine needles as the dentist. Harvey Corman couldn't keep a straight face to save his life.

I love those Carol Burnette outtakes above all else; I have a DVD of them. 😆

• Love 2
2 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I don't know what was worse, paisley and plaid pants, or horribly written series.  No one looks good in plaid pants.

No argument there.

2 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I used to have a pair of red, white, and blue, plaid pants in elementary school.  They were more blue than they should have been.  I remember when a blue pen leaked in my pocket of those pants.  I went to a wedding as kid in a purple paisley suit.

Could anybody tell?  😁

• LOL 2
41 minutes ago, Superclam said:

Undisputed classic of American TV. 

I would watch Taxi and M.A.S.H and MTM reruns when I got home from work when I living in an apartment. Remember the days when shows could be hilarious without Negan-type high-school, dick, peepee, bathroom jokes?

I found the Taxi scene. It's hilarious to this day.

Edited by AngelaHunter
Because "with" and "without" don't mean the same thing. Duh.
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Tim Conway, always the troublemaker.  Tim didn't have to do much to make Harvey Korman totally lose it.

Troublemaker, nothing; Tim Conway was a frikkin’ assassin.  When Conway sensed one of his costars was on the verge of breaking, he’d drill them until they cracked worse than Deepwater Horizon - and it was a joy to watch the master at work. 😆

39 minutes ago, heisenberg said:

I liked those show but I was more into Welcome back Kotter or WKRP in Cincinnati

Throw Barney Miller into the mix, and you’re hitting my sweet spot.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Superclam said:

Hello! But I thought they were married....I had barbies, they had babies, they made out. Donnie had no pants.

I loved "Land of the Lost" and the sleestacks and the baby dinosaur. And people....people! The brother thought he was such a hot star that he went by only 1 name, like Cher only Wesley. WES-LEY Wesley prolly on food stamps now. Chakka!

• LOL 1

Sleestack noises are still scary to me! Although just like Zombies they were easy to outrun.

A few years ago I was watch Welcome Back Kotter on TvLand or some such.  Most of it has not held up well. I had a hand-me-down Vinnie Barbarino Lunch box. I was not enthused.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Nashville said:

Now Kotter’s wife, on the other hand....  yum.

Trips me out that she was also the mom on "honey I shrunk the kids" on one hand Kotter didn't do her any favors as a female character, the writing wasn't deep.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

Maybe back then, certainly not now.  She died in 2014.

Here is more info about the cast.

As long as it has the original music the show is awesome.   Replace the original music with generic crap and WKRP becomes unwatchable.

I was just a casual, sometime viewer of that show. The episodes I caught were pretty funny.

• Love 1
On 4/20/2021 at 2:37 PM, icemiser69 said:

As long as it has the original music the show is awesome.   Replace the original music with generic crap and WKRP becomes unwatchable.

Agreed.  And I am in love with Jan Smithers (Bailey Quarters) forever.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Nashville said:

One of the hallmark Barney Miller episodes (and one of my personal favorites):

https://youtu.be/GdYzMhV0OVk

Epic, along with when Fish goes uncover in drag and the eps with Luger, and just too many to think of. I've read that cops really liked this show because it realistically depicts the often boring, humdrum days of station life and endless paperwork.

On another note, is anyone else getting very startled when the huge notifications pop up on your screen? I thought I had some virus at first and now I"m edgy all the time, waiting for another one to jump up like a jack-in-the-box in my face.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Nashville said:

Not even close IMHO, but to each their own.  😎

FYI - I preferred Mary Anne over Ginger as well.  😉

I'm with you on Bailey. I always thought Loni Anderson looked like a plastic doll. 

Ginger gave me some of my first "funny" feelings. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

On another note, is anyone else getting very startled when the huge notifications pop up on your screen? I thought I had some virus at first and now I"m edgy all the time, waiting for another one to jump up like a jack-in-the-box in my face.

Seriously, I just switched tabs and got Maggie's black & white face jumping out at me. I like the actress, but it looked like a zombie attack for a second. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Superclam said:

I'm with you on Bailey. I always thought Loni Anderson looked like a plastic doll. 

Burt Reynolds had some interesting comments about Loni, e.g., she would tell him she was going shopping and come home two days later. 😆

But her totally artificial look made her perfect for this particular role.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Superclam said:

Seriously, I just switched tabs and got Maggie's black & white face jumping out at me. I like the actress, but it looked like a zombie attack for a second

But what a way to go!  Bizarrely I actually got a huge ‘Superclam’ pulsating in front of my eyes,  desperately clicking the X had no effect and I thought it was just me 😱

Regarding ‘funny feelings’, I seem to remember Daisy Duke, the officer with the ‘bowl cut’ from The Love Boat, Purdey from The New Avengers, the blonde one from ABBA and Kristy McNichol somehow awakening my interest in the finer points of female acting 🥵

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, OoohMaggie said:

I quite like the new info on the RH side,

If we were on some game show where we had to guess the topic from looking at those random and seemingly bizarre collection of images, I would never win.

1 hour ago, OoohMaggie said:

Bizarrely I actually got a huge ‘Superclam’ pulsating in front of my eyes,

I just now got another ginormous hot pink notification on my screen. There is no way to close it. I do not like, she said.

• LOL 2
8 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Bizarrely I actually got a huge ‘Superclam’ pulsating in front of my eyes,  desperately clicking the X had no effect and I thought it was just me 😱

So you’ve met one of my ex-girlfriends....

7 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I just now got another ginormous hot pink notification on my screen. There is no way to close it. I do not like, she said.

And there’s another.

• LOL 3
10 hours ago, Nashville said:

And there’s another.

Nope. I think I got it now: The monstrous notifications only come flying at your face if you have this site open when it comes in. Yours didn't pop up because I wasn't here when you made it(?) At least that's how it seems.

10 hours ago, Nashville said:

So you’ve met one of my ex-girlfriends....

As my avatar would say, "YOU picked her!" 😆

• LOL 4
4 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I used to have a huge crush on Purdey as well, and the blonde from ABBA.  Kristy McNichol never floated my boat.

I did most shamefully forget Sabrina from ‘The Angels’, the more I think about it the more names keep popping up..........Mmmmmmmm, Sally Field in those rather snug ‘Bandit’ jeans 😛

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • LOL 1

I was gonna say ...Kristy McNicol? I don't think girls have the same equivalent, as in we just wanted to swoon and be around we didn't get all huffed and puffed. But if I did I had some very strange, uh, boyfriends. I didn't like all the "boys" my friends liked. Ricky Shroeder? nope. Dan Hagarty? yep. Creeps me out now. I loved Robbie Benson, my niece obsessed over JohnTabolta, nope. I was a weirdo

• LOL 1
On 4/26/2021 at 6:10 PM, nachomama said:

To this day there is no evidence that we get hot and bothered,

Not wishing in any way to lower the tone here, but I can’t help recalling my late Mother’s memories of an early 1960’s Beatles concert she attended, let’s just say that the floor was a great deal more slippery upon exit than entry to the venue 🤔 but I’m absolutely sure more self control was exhibited by future generations  🙄

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • LOL 1