Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Ughngnggh! Ugghhnnn!

• Start Topic

Apparently you just can't let me out in public. Went to dinner with my friends and I ordered paella. My first every in the whole wide world. We chatted and had lots of fun, we were nice restaurant people and didn't hog up a table so we go outside and we're chatting by my car and I was starting to feel a bit weak. I was chalking it up to heat because great googly moogly it was still 90 degrees. Then I felt a cough coming on and had to dive behind my car cuz I just yakked up my dinner. I was like "wait a minute, I'm not even drunk". I felt fine after just felt really stupid. We sat on a bench and kept chatting. I don't feel like it was food poisoning because wouldn't that have escalated? and gone on all night? It didnt', one and done. So I redeemed myself from the faux pas of not giving them a ride last time and gave them a ride but now I'm George W. Bush barfing at the dinner. oi vey

One time I walked out of a diner after eating a heavy breakfast and drinking lots of coffee. Crossing the street, I coughed, but instead of coughing, I puked, just a bit. But enough that the two cute girls who were crossing the street the other way saw, and made the exact face you're thinking of. 

• LOL 2
8 hours ago, nachomama said:

Apparently you just can't let me out in public. Went to dinner with my friends and I ordered paella. My first every in the whole wide world. We chatted and had lots of fun, we were nice restaurant people and didn't hog up a table so we go outside and we're chatting by my car and I was starting to feel a bit weak. I was chalking it up to heat because great googly moogly it was still 90 degrees. Then I felt a cough coming on and had to dive behind my car cuz I just yakked up my dinner. I was like "wait a minute, I'm not even drunk". I felt fine after just felt really stupid. We sat on a bench and kept chatting. I don't feel like it was food poisoning because wouldn't that have escalated? and gone on all night? It didnt', one and done. So I redeemed myself from the faux pas of not giving them a ride last time and gave them a ride but now I'm George W. Bush barfing at the dinner. oi vey

Doesn't sound like food poisoning. Would have to be some mack daddy microbes for a non sensitive stomach to react so quickly.

However it sounds similar to a problem I currently have with avocados and watermelon. I ate plenty of these in my youth, but in the last ten years or so, I can't keep them down. I don't get sick at all, but Gandalf says you shall not pass and the hurling begins. 

I will sometimes indulge in a small square of watermelon but I have to eat it very slowly and if I feel the nausea, the intake of salt will sometimes calm my stomach.

It's not normal but I don't know what causing my reaction to these foods.

I've known people who dveloped a seafood allergy late in life, friend of mne can't eat lobster anymore and she'll just watch other people and be sad. I hope that's not the case with me, I love my shrimps

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Interesting thing about my cucumber issue, I don't have any problems with pickles.

That is interesting. My problem with cucumbers is they suck. They are a non food. So is watermelon, however, I like it. I do enjoy a good pickle with a sammich. Why do the pickles I buy at home not taste like the pickle spears you get with a sammich?

I have noticed a throat issue sometimes with avocado. but then again if it's guac I'm eating maybe I need a drink cuz I'm thirsty?

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, nachomama said:

That is interesting. My problem with cucumbers is they suck. They are a non food. So is watermelon, however, I like it. I do enjoy a good pickle with a sammich. Why do the pickles I buy at home not taste like the pickle spears you get with a sammich?

I have noticed a throat issue sometimes with avocado. but then again if it's guac I'm eating maybe I need a drink cuz I'm thirsty?

I like cucumbers, but I know a lot of people don't, and don't like most vegetables. Personally, I can't even have a raw tomato on my plate. 

I've searched far and wide for good store pickles, and the best I've found are the ones in the refrigerator section. I eat these all the time:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.heb.com%2Fproduct-detail%2Fclaussen-kosher-dill-sandwich-slices%2F140032&psig=AOvVaw3fSGbmGwlKEH-hbQmW_itL&ust=1630509708888000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAsQjRxqFwoTCJDbyJPI2_ICFQAAAAAdAAAAABAJ

• Love 1
1 minute ago, nachomama said:

Yes the fridge ones are best but I think my problem is I don't eat them fast enough. First day is primo but if you don't eat the whole jar in the first week, they get limp quick.

So many jokes, so much time. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Pickles on sammiches are entirely a differnt beast. Yes I do the sandwich slices. I like a burger with a bunch of extra pickles. I do love a tomato so I will take all of superclams tomatoes and he can have my cucumbers. I'll take them in a salad, they literally taste like nothing so if they come with I don't care, they add a bit of crunch. I just personally will not pay out of pocket for them.

I love a blt too. dammit now I'm gonna want a blt AND I HAVE A BRANDY NEW FRIKKN TOASTER.

I been making smoothies, hot diggity they are good. Last night I took a lime popsicle and smooshed it in my cup with strawberries and pineapple, a little orange juice and ice, so good.

• Love 2

I purchased a cheapy ass bullet blender, like the generic one from walmart. Didn't even pick it out myself. That puppy is crushing some ice. My only complaint is the cup is kinda small. It comes with a super itty bitty one like if you were blending your own baby food. Then 1 cup without a handle and a cup with a handle and several lid variations.  A lid you can put on the cup so you can drink straight out of it without having to dirty up another cup, the lid thingy hides the screws of the blender. It comes with a lid that has a spout in case you blended up your morning smoothie and go hit the car so it has the handle to carry like a mug and the lid that you can close for no spilling and sipping. If I graduate up to unhealthy smoothies, like I wanna add booze to it, it won't be big enough. I'll blend it up and then go add vodka, rum etc and I'll be needing a bigger one but for now it's kinda the perfect 1 smoothie size. and no issues crushing the ice and I just go rinse it in the sink, shake it to get the blades all clean and boom, ready for the next one.

My trick is building backwards. Add the liquid first, then frozen fruit and yogurt and last you add the ice, the liquid sucks the ice down into it's gnashing teeth vortex. shake it a few times.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Ever since I was a teen I’ve been one to quickly go optional on my comfort zone when it came to unique foods, so yeah - I’ve had a fair number of encounters with food poisoning.  I’m generally not even bothered that much by it any more; a day or three of discomfort, and I’m back in the saddle again.One major exception, though.  Back in the mid-to-late ‘80s imitation lobster was first hitting the US market in a big way, and since I loved lobster I was in 7th heaven.  Until I got a bad batch, that is - and I mean BAD; I was laid up puking everything but my shoes for about 5 days.  

In any case, my point (and I do have one) is this:

17 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

Doesn't sound like food poisoning. Would have to be some mack daddy microbes for a non sensitive stomach to react so quickly.

However it sounds similar to a problem I currently have with avocados and watermelon. I ate plenty of these in my youth, but in the last ten years or so, I can't keep them down. I don't get sick at all, but Gandalf says you shall not pass and the hurling begins. 

I will sometimes indulge in a small square of watermelon but I have to eat it very slowly and if I feel the nausea, the intake of salt will sometimes calm my stomach.

It's not normal but I don't know what causing my reaction to these foods.

Your reaction may be psychosomatic rather than physiological - your brain remembering an extreme past trauma (like an exceptionally bad case of food poisoning) and trying to warn you off from a repeat occurrence.

My case, for example: I eventually got better, of course, but I soon found out this little ptomaine tussle had left more of a lasting mark than others; just the scent of lobster - real or imitation - would immediately induce symptoms of near-nausea and total loss of appetite.  As a diet it works gangbusters, but I don’t recommend it.

The super-extreme scent sensitivity persisted for about 10 years, and it was another 5 years after THAT before I could actually eat lobster again without retching.  I can eat it now without a problem, but I doubt I’ll ever truly enjoy it again like I used to.  
So your unconscious may simply be remembering a singularly bad episode which you consciously forgot about years ago.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Nashville said:

So your unconscious may simply be remembering a singularly bad episode which you consciously forgot about years ago.

I have this with an apple and gorgonzola pizza I ate once. It was New Years and I kinda made it as an appetizer thing, like you wouldn't eat a ton but just to see who was adventurous enough to try. Lord have mercy, I had the most violent projectile vomiting where I believed my stomach lining was going to leave my body through my face. Painful, painful and heaving like your body is possessed by the devil. The other day was totally effortless, cough and spit; gross, but didn't feel a thing. I coulda grown six pack abs from the gorgonzola upchucking. And now the thought and smell gets me every time.

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, nachomama said:

And now the thought and smell gets me every time.

Hey, lotsa times our body is smarter than we are.  If your body catches so much as a glance - or a whiff - of something it knows went badly before, it has no compunction about slapping you flat across your senses to say;

Hey asshole - yeah you, asshole.  
Maybe you don’t remember what happened to us the last time you tried THIS, but I do.

So - if you’re gonna try THIS again, I’m gonna do THAT again.  

Don’t want me to do THAT?

Then don’t do THIS.

We got an agreement here?

Good. I thought so.

• LOL 4
5 hours ago, Nashville said:

Ever since I was a teen I’ve been one to quickly go optional on my comfort zone when it came to unique foods, so yeah - I’ve had a fair number of encounters with food poisoning.  I’m generally not even bothered that much by it any more; a day or three of discomfort, and I’m back in the saddle again.One major exception, though.  Back in the mid-to-late ‘80s imitation lobster was first hitting the US market in a big way, and since I loved lobster I was in 7th heaven.  Until I got a bad batch, that is - and I mean BAD; I was laid up puking everything but my shoes for about 5 days.  

In any case, my point (and I do have one) is this:

Your reaction may be psychosomatic rather than physiological - your brain remembering an extreme past trauma (like an exceptionally bad case of food poisoning) and trying to warn you off from a repeat occurrence.

My case, for example: I eventually got better, of course, but I soon found out this little ptomaine tussle had left more of a lasting mark than others; just the scent of lobster - real or imitation - would immediately induce symptoms of near-nausea and total loss of appetite.  As a diet it works gangbusters, but I don’t recommend it.

The super-extreme scent sensitivity persisted for about 10 years, and it was another 5 years after THAT before I could actually eat lobster again without retching.  I can eat it now without a problem, but I doubt I’ll ever truly enjoy it again like I used to.  

Nah. Never had any sickness associations with watermelon or avocados. I've gotten food poisoning from tomato sauce, a buffet shrimp dish and a lamb dish yet I have no problems eating any of those foods. 

• Love 1

I fell down a Ted Lasso rabbit hole. Kept hearing good things and part of me wants to be annoyed with it because it's just too wholesome to get behind. But dammit I love it. I think I will attempt Wellington Paranormal next.

6 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I think we just may be the last generation with a sense of humor, as warped as it may be.

People can't laugh anymore without being in fear of possibly offending someone.

FFB (guess what that first F stands for) has an algorithm that automatically finds "kill you" and flags it.  I doubt @Nashville was actually reported.  But I do agree with you.

I could program one of those.  It might take a while to remember, because I am old.

I also like this:

image.png.bfda0f1e8ec7606bc44980eee3d7d503.png

Because it's mostly true.  My millennial son couldn't drive one (well, he could, but God help those gears).  However, my Generation Z son can and does drive one as his daily driver.

Edited by madmax
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Oooh my daddy learned us on a stick shift. He parked on a hill and made us start from there. We had a 1976 Ford Granada but he also had a 1972/74 ford f150 super cab pickup, I believe it was only 4 speed but no power steering and no power brakes. It took an acre and a half to turn around and my lord i had to fully stand up and stomp on the clutch, the clutch was like a foot deep. That damn thing was a tank. If I could drive that I can drive anything. I remember sittng in the truck on a Saturday and listening to the radio and "my Sharona" came on and so I'm bopping, kinda turning the wheel back and forth and I stood up on the "MY SHARONA" part and I stepped on a fish hook my dad had sitting on the floorboard. It was a 3 pronger and punch it through my toe. So I didn't do that again.

They serviced their own trucks at the place he worked so he also hauled us down to the lift and made us change the oil in the car. Now I've only done it once in my life but I changed oil, filters, spark plugs. I'm surprised he didn't try to make us do belts and stuff. He made us change the tires by ourselves. I'm 12 by the way...cuz in New Mexico you can get a license at 15, permit at 14 and my sister was 13, if he was teaching her then he was teaching me cuz he didn't want to do it twice.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, nachomama said:

Oooh my daddy learned us on a stick shift. He parked on a hill and made us start from there. We had a 1976 Ford Granada but he also had a 1972/74 ford f150 super cab pickup, I believe it was only 4 speed but no power steering and no power brakes. It took an acre and a half to turn around and my lord i had to fully stand up and stomp on the clutch, the clutch was like a foot deep. That damn thing was a tank. If I could drive that I can drive anything. I remember sittng in the truck on a Saturday and listening to the radio and "my Sharona" came on and so I'm bopping, kinda turning the wheel back and forth and I stood up on the "MY SHARONA" part and I stepped on a fish hook my dad had sitting on the floorboard. It was a 3 pronger and punch it through my toe. So I didn't do that again.

They serviced their own trucks at the place he worked so he also hauled us down to the lift and made us change the oil in the car. Now I've only done it once in my life but I changed oil, filters, spark plugs. I'm surprised he didn't try to make us do belts and stuff. He made us change the tires by ourselves. I'm 12 by the way...cuz in New Mexico you can get a license at 15, permit at 14 and my sister was 13, if he was teaching her then he was teaching me cuz he didn't want to do it twice.

Rugrat #1 already knew how to drive when we picked up our manual shift Jeep.  He tried to learn on the stick, but wasn't really good at it.  Rugrat #2 learned on the manual, but took his test in the automatic, just in case.  His boot camp graduation gift was a 1998 Jeep Cherokee, manual shift.  He was over the moon when we gave it to him.

Both boys can change their own oil and filters.  Rugrat #2 is much more mechanically inclined (takes after Mr. Max) and can change sensors, pumps, belts, brakes, etc.  Rugrat #1 (takes after me) just asks Dad to fix, with his help, of course.

I picked up this little funjobbie 2 or 3 years back.  

IMG_3291.thumb.JPG.1a0139c339a2d82f3ca35e07b0d6e480.JPG

I like to tell people it has a “next generation security system” - which, in technical terms, translates to “a 5-speed and a clutch”.  😆

License or not - I wouldn’t (and didn’t) turn either of my girls loose on the road until they had physically demonstrated to me they could change a tire, check the fluid levels correctly, and knew how to use a set of jumper cables.

That was years ago; nowadays each of them has their own compendium of roadside tales of terror, woe and hilarity - and their favorites are invariably about when they’ve had to tender assistance to a guy or guys who couldn’t figure out how to jump a car or work a lug wrench.  😎

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Nashville said:

License or not - I wouldn’t (and didn’t) turn either of my girls loose on the road until they had physically demonstrated to me they could change a tire, check the fluid levels correctly, and knew how to use a set of jumper cables.

That was years ago; nowadays each of them has their own compendium of roadside tales of terror, woe and hilarity - and their favorites are invariably about when they’ve had to tender assistance to a guy or guys who couldn’t figure out how to jump a car or work a lug wrench.  😎

Many, many times I'm the only one with jumper cables. There was a dude who was the overnight manager at store I used to work and he tried to mock me for not knowing how to drive the power fork lifty thing. I could do the little hydraulic one and it's all I ever needed. He also wanted to make fun of the bakery chick because english was her second language (wanna say she was from Serbia)  and I kinda wanted to slap him around because guarantee he couldn't drive a stick and english was probably her third or fourth language

Today can't end fast enough. It's the start of my weekend for one job I still work through Saturday for the other but that's at home. I really only get a 2 days weekend but lord am I ready for a break.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, madmax said:

FFB (guess what that first F stands for) has an algorithm that automatically finds "kill you" and flags it.  I doubt @Nashville was actually reported.  But I do agree with you.

The initial flagging was an auto-bot flag, to be sure.  So I registered a dispute to the flag - after which, someone manually confirmed it.

I’m just wondering if the person confirming it is ignorant, stupid, or simply humorless in the extreme.

It’s a movie quote, for crying out loud….

• Love 1

Love that Jeep, @Nashville.  What year?  Ours is a 1994 hardtop, that we are in the process of restoring, same year as my oldest Rugrat came into being.  We bought him a 2004, but he sold it because "it cost him too much money."  He's on his second Subaru and he must have put $2K in parts in the second one, not including what he put in the first.

2 hours ago, nachomama said:

Many, many times I'm the only one with jumper cables. There was a dude who was the overnight manager at store I used to work and he tried to mock me for not knowing how to drive the power fork lifty thing. I could do the little hydraulic one and it's all I ever needed. He also wanted to make fun of the bakery chick because english was her second language (wanna say she was from Serbia)  and I kinda wanted to slap him around because guarantee he couldn't drive a stick and english was probably her third or fourth language

Today can't end fast enough. It's the start of my weekend for one job I still work through Saturday for the other but that's at home. I really only get a 2 days weekend but lord am I ready for a break.

So I don't drive.  At all.  But I can operate the Bobcat, which is a front loader.  Kinda fun, actually.

I have tomorrow off so we can go up my SIL's camp.  Then I'm off on Tuesday and Wednesday because we have off for the Jewish New Year.  September is berry good this year, I only work 7 days because of all of the Jewish holidays.

Edited by madmax
  • Love 2

My friend Marcy's dad was a mechanic so she knows many stuffs about cars. We passed a car on the other side of the highway and she said "their alternator is going out" and sure enough on our way back from town they were pulled over to the side. I have packed berrings at their house. They had a cool van with a bear on it back in the day and he was determined to get allllll the miles so he kept that sucker on the road forever and we sat around and packed berrings or whatever. She had a 3 speed manual ford truck that she referred to as "white lightning" that she had forever. Well still has although it doesn't run but it's parked at her house. The shifter was on the steering column. I'd say it was a 1968?? ish. It's older than her. I'll have to ask how many miles on it or if they remember how many on the van.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Did you attend any preseason Titans' games?

The NFL trimmed preseason down to 3 games this year, and we only got one of those at home - but yeah, I was there.  😎

3 hours ago, madmax said:

Love that Jeep, @Nashville.  What year?  Ours is a 1994 hardtop, that we are in the process of restoring, same year as my oldest Rugrat came into being.  We bought him a 2004, but he sold it because "it cost him too much money."  He's on his second Subaru and he must have put $2K in parts in the second one, not including what he put in the first.

2000 Wrangler Sport (TJ) - 4.0 6-cylinder with the 5-speed.  Have to work on her some this weekend; right front brakes keep locking up, and I think the flex brake line may need replacing.

2 hours ago, nachomama said:

She had a 3 speed manual ford truck that she referred to as "white lightning" that she had forever. Well still has although it doesn't run but it's parked at her house. The shifter was on the steering column. I'd say it was a 1968?? ish. It's older than her. I'll have to ask how many miles on it or if they remember how many on the van.

3 on the tree!  How well I remember thee.  😁

• Love 1

Anybody a true crimer? Over the weekend I did start watching "Only Murders in the Building" with Steve Martin and Martin Short. Steve Martin is a former tv detective and Martin Short is a broadway producer who is broke. Somebody in the building gets murdered so they begin their own sleuthing, trying to turn it into a podcast. Here's where my life imitates art. There is a case down here in South Carolina that has begun to pick up national news. I have a semi inside scoop. Google "Murdaugh" in south carolina and this story starts to unravel that's very baffling. Seemingly started a little over a year ago when a "wealthy family socialite" son got into a boating accident with several friends. Dumb college kids drinking and boating. The boat hit a bridge and one of the girls in the boat was thrown overboard and several days of searching finally turned up her body. Several charges were pending about recklessness etc. Nothing nefarious suspected. Family of the girl sues the wealthy family. Skip ahead about a year and papa comes home one evening to find his son (boating recklessnesser) and his wife murdered. Shot on their property. Investigation ensues. Now several things start popping up....other son is linked to a 2015 "suspicious" death of a motorist who was changing a tire. A maid in the family "falls down the stairs" and over the weekend, papa, the wealthy patriarch, is shot in a "drive by" shooting. Supposedly he was changing a tire and a truck passed him and then turned around on the road, came back and shot him in the head. HE AREN'T DEAD! He issued a statement that he would be stepping down from the law firm and entering rehab. DUN DUN DUN...

Here's my inside scoop...my friend is a court stenographer in South Carolina, she knows these people. She works for a firm and her boss is/was very tight with Papa Murdaugh. The maid is not yet generally known to the public. Today it's coming to light that there might be money missing from the law firm. We are doing our own very low key sleuthing. The remaining living son def needs to get into witness protection. There is mucho skullduggery

• Love 1
1 hour ago, OoohMaggie said:

Can’t wait, if only I knew what the hell was going on though,

Carrie-Anne has still got it going on 😛

YEAHHHH BAYBEEEEEEE!!!!!!  FIRE UP THE POPCORN MACHINE, ‘CAUSE PAPA’S SEEING THIS ONE ON THE BIG SCREEN!!!!!!!

Ahem - I liked the Matrix series of movies.

Would you see it in IMAX? Were any of the olden ones IMAX? Most of the fancy fights are lost on me, I can't clock those punches and kicks etc. We saw the chang Shi movie and it just goes too fast. I can't tell good guys from bad guys except for maybe 2. I can still yell WHEEE but I missed most of it

28 minutes ago, nachomama said:

Would you see it in IMAX? Were any of the olden ones IMAX? Most of the fancy fights are lost on me, I can't clock those punches and kicks etc. We saw the chang Shi movie and it just goes too fast. I can't tell good guys from bad guys except for maybe 2. I can still yell WHEEE but I missed most of it

Watch a few Nashville Predators hockey games; once you’ve gotten accustomed to tracking a 3” hockey puck moving across the ice at speeds approaching 100mph, following a movie’s fight choreography is a breeze.  😎

• Love 2
3 hours ago, nachomama said:

On a related note, I saw "Apocalypse Now Redux" on an IMAX screen. One of the best cinema experiences in my life. 

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, nachomama said:

I don’t think I’ve ever watched an entire James Bond film. Definitely never in a theater but I don’t even think on tv at home. They’ve been on but start to finish I don’t think so. 

I've seen maybe 3-4, also not in theaters. I'm not a huge fan. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, nachomama said:

I don’t think I’ve ever watched an entire James Bond film. Definitely never in a theater but I don’t even think on tv at home. They’ve been on but start to finish I don’t think so. 

Me either.  A friend keeps trying to get me to watch the Daniel Craig ones and I pass.  Not really my cup of tea.

I've also never seen in entirety:  The Big Lebowski, The Godfather (I, II or III),  or (sorry @Nashville) either of the Matrix sequels (I fell asleep during the second and never bothered to watch the third).

• Love 1
7 hours ago, nachomama said:

I’d read all Ian Fleming’s 007 novels by the time I was about 12 (at which time the Bond movies only numbered about 7, I think).  Since then I’ve seen every movie in the series, with the exception of the most recent installment (Spectre, I believe it is) - which by all accounts is a royal buttfucking of the entire existing Bond print and movie mythos with its wild inaccuracies.  😐

• Love 1

I had not watched The Godfather’s in their entirety until a few years ago. For some reason they now run them on thanksgiving as a marathon. I did watch 1 & 2 back to back and can appreciate them. 2 is better. But lord have mercy the trains left the track with 3. 

• Love 1

Didn't they do away with daylight savings? I thought I had set my clock forward or back for the last time. I notice it getting darker earlier and being dark when I get up now. Hasn't really turned "fall" here still blazin hot.

2 weeks ish to my trip. Don't think prison is open for visitors because of covid so we are gonna try to hook up a video visit for the grandkids. Yes, my niece who is 45 has grandchildren...a 10 year old one in fact. The 10 year old recently googled how to emancipate himself. sigh. We think it's more about he wants to emancipate from his mom (drug addict) and be legally adopted by the people who have essentially raised him his whole life. I know in a custody situation they maybe ask your opinion on whether you wanna live with mom or dad at about 12 ish. Not that legally it stands up. But maybe at 12 he can make a request, who knows.

Otherwise, I'm heckin excited about my trip. Dont give 2 flying fucks what I do...I just won't be here and I'll get fry bread and green chile dip. Yeehaw!

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, nachomama said:

Didn't they do away with daylight savings? I thought I had set my clock forward or back for the last time. I notice it getting darker earlier and being dark when I get up now. Hasn't really turned "fall" here still blazin hot.

It's in November now.

We just had a nice fall spell for about 3 days, now we're back to 85 degree days.  

23 minutes ago, nachomama said:

Georgia’s governor signed a resolution to adopt DST year-round; that resolution is meaningless, though, unless/until Congress lifts a federal prohibition on states making daylight saving time permanent.

Until then, expect to turn your clocks back an hour come the first Sunday in November (Nov. 7).

23 minutes ago, nachomama said:

Otherwise, I'm heckin excited about my trip. Dont give 2 flying fucks what I do...I just won't be here and I'll get fry bread and green chile dip. Yeehaw!

https://youtu.be/UlSfJ6ZBbI8

• Love 2