• Start Topic

Ah, sweet refuge!

The FTWD forum is a bit...fevered.

Anyway, it won't be long, now:

To: Sunday, October 11, 2015 at 6:00:00 PM
Result: 5 days, 22 hours, 45 minutes and 0 seconds

The duration is 5 days, 22 hours, 45 minutes and 0 seconds

Alternative time units

5 days, 22 hours, 45 minutes and 0 seconds can be converted to one of these units:

• 513,900 seconds
• 8565 minutes
• 142 hours (rounded down)
• 5 days (rounded down)

• Love 1

I watched first 2 episodes of original recipe tWD. And imho I blame Robert Kirkman for fwd. He's a comic book guy he writes 2 dimensional characters. In the first 2 episodes of tWD you got a tremendous amount of heart. Rick cries not finding his family. He's freaked out by the first walkers he sees. Morgan is just frikkin awesome unable to shoot his wife. The Cali folks didn't blink when their son's drug dealer kept getting up from being run over.

Edited by nachomama
  • Love 3

One of the things I vividly remember from Days Gone By is when Rick makes his way to his house and keeps wondering out loud of it's all a dream.  That would be my reaction to the scenes he awakened to.  Such a great pilot, probably one of the best TV pilots I've ever seen.

I'm catching the marathon, and why, I don't know because I have every season on DVD.  I just can't seem to resist, though.  Anyway, I just finished watching the first episode of season 2 and it reminded of the muppet recreation of Rick talking on the walkie talkie.  I know the scene is supposed to be very moving and all but I laugh every time I see it.

• Love 4

I remember how funny Darryl used to be, hostile as well, calling Lorie "Olive Oil" and telling Dale to go back to "Golden Pond". It's both weird how fast everything happens in the beginning and yet how it makes perfect sense. And good lord almighty how tiny and young Carl was! I remember during the farm days I hated Carl because it was always "where's Carl?" Carl you stay put, queue Carl doing something stupid like getting Dale killed. He hasn't annoyed me in probably 2 seasons. 

How's the kitty?

• Love 5

I watched first 2 episodes of original recipe tWD. And imho I blame Robert Kirkman for fwd. He's a comic book guy he writes 2 dimensional characters. In the first 2 episodes of tWD you got a tremendous amount of heart. Rick cries not finding his family. He's freaked out by the first walkers he sees. Morgan is just frikkin awesome unable to shoot his wife. The Cali folks didn't blink when their son's drug dealer kept getting up from being run over.

But aren't those things in the comic books? The first major changes that I remember were visiting the CDC and dialing down the governor's craziness ... I haven't watched a ton of Kirkman interviews but in the couple I've seen, he seemed honestly interested in the characters' interactions. I'm just not sure it's fair to tag him with all of the spin-off's flaws.

I just don't think Kirkman can write that powerfully. Just my opinion. I can also blame just not terrific acting. I don't hate it, I just think something is lacking. I'll still tune in next season and I'll always hope for greatness. 

• Love 1

Nachomama, the kitty has a very, very bad cold and I took her to the vet today.  She's already doing better after a shot and some drops but, damn, I had to give her drops in her eyes and nose tonight and some liquid antibotics.  Needless to say, the scratches on my arm show that she almost won the fight.

Thanks for asking.  :)

• Love 1

Where did the kitten come from? Like a neighbor family or humane society? I've learned that most critters acquired from human societies etc are almost always gonna come with an illness. They told me my first cat had something like that when his eye got all goopy. And I had to swab out his ears, there were mite like things and made black gunk. Used drops and swabbed for a week. He never had it Agajn.

• Love 1

So -

Last night the Foo Fighters did their first major concert in Nashville.

Tickets for this show went on sale late last year; 18,500 tickets sold out in under 20 minutes.

Yesterday I opened up a lockbox, took out two tickets I bought almost a year ago, and my oldest girl and I went to a concert that was on both of our bucket lists.

And the show did NOT disappoint - Foo Fighters burned down the m*********in' HOUSE.

This morning I woke up feeling like I'd been hit by a Mack truck - but in a good way.

Started the day sore as hell, no voice, and only about 2-1/2 hours of sleep.

So today, in a sense, I was The Walking Dead.  :)

• Love 6

Is Dave Grohl still on crutches? I saw where he broke his leg MID-CONCERT and kept on playing. And I've seen him being carried, etc for recentish shows. 

I think I saw something new, well something clicked in my brain. When I first started TWD I was all out of order. I had refused to watch it and my friend Marsha begged me. I was like "they're zombies, they're slow, how interesting could it be?" Soon I had like 3 people telling me that I absolutely positively had to start watching this. So I recorded the marathon of season 1 right before season 2 started. I think I watched the first and second episode then season 2 started so I got them jumbled and somehow completely missed the episode right after Rick reunites and Lorie and Shane have their first conversation about "oops he aint dead, no more squeaky squeaky". She's really mad at Shane and tells him to stay away from her family. It seems implied to me that Shane flat out lied to her, told her Rick was dead, as in he saw it, rather than "I left him in a coma up at the hospital" there was conversation about patients supposed to have been medi-vacced to Atlanta yada yada and that hadn't happened. Seems like Shane was in a hurry and said "well, he's practically dead, I'll just leave him here, tell her he's dead and we will skedaddle". Am I cuckoo? 

My first season was so sketchy that I didn't know until season 3-4 that Ed had even existed, I never saw him, didn't know the abusive back story or that they killed him. Ooops.

Shane didn't lie to her, he really thought Rick was dead.  Shane was visiting Rick in the hospital when the soldiers came and started shooting everyone and if I remember correctly, Rick flat lined during the commotion, Shane listened for breathing and could hear nothing.  I don't think Lori ever really believed him, though. You should really rewatch season 1, in order, followed by season 2.  On rewatch I always pick up things I previously missed.  Oh, and also I think it was in season 2 where they showed the flashback of Shane in the hospital.

My kitty came from a person I know who will take in cats in need and this little girl and I just clicked.  I knew she had a cold when I got her but had no idea it was so bad.  She's back to playing this morning and looks like she feels so much better.  It was still a hassle getting her meds in her, though but I'm getting better at it.  I've become very attached to her in a short time.

I apologize if my post is pretty scattered.  I worked 12 hours last night and didn't get much sleep before going in so I'm kinda spent right now.  

• Love 3

Foo Fighters do such an awesome show!  Every Rock-n-Roller should see them at least once!

OMG 3 more days!  In celebration of that I've changed my profile picture to my Dead Yourself pic.  That app is pretty cool!  It is also my BFF's birthday so we are having a bunch of baaad food and lots of drink....Just can't wait until Sunday!

• Love 1

It's positively idiotic how psyched I am for Sunday. The weather has cooled off so I can make soup! I'm not sure how that's a Walking Dead menu but I'm going to make a "roasted" potato soup. Brown my taters in the oven and add them to the soup. And I have bacon and avocados for BTA (bacon tomato avocado) lettuce is a waste of time. 

Was so hyped up for Sunday night, and just realized today I have to work that night.  Seriously.  Doesn't my boss (& everyone else) realize that TWD Sunday nights are off limits??  *kicks the wall*  

So I'll be a little behind you all, but I will watch the DVR - and then TD afterwards.

And I have bacon and avocados for BTA (bacon tomato avocado) lettuce is a waste of time. 

Sounds incredible, yum.

I also like a simple egg salad sandwich with bacon and tomato on a multi-grain wheat/rye bread. Lettuce is a waste on that sandwich too.

I'll be absent on Sunday night too. The suitcase is up from the basement, the laundry is doing its thing and neither of my passports expired so I'm good. I leave tomorrow night for Dublin and, when TWD airs in North America on Sunday, I'll be sound asleep in Barcelona. I haven't seen my sister in two years so I'm thrilled to be taking this trip with her even though it means catching my show almost a week late on demand. The things we do for family! Have a wonderful night, guys. I'll catch up with you all after I watch the show.

• Love 6

Be very very careful! Right after you have heart to heart talks with your sister the zombies eat your arm when you go potty!

The only thing lettuce is useful for is when you make a nice sammich, preferably Italian, and you put the oil and vinegar dressing on...the lettuce makes a nice nest to not make your bread soggy.

Spinach is a wonderful thing. As far as being good for you is concerned, always substitute lettuce for anything greener. Lettuce is a non-food nutritionally speaking, it's water encapsulated in a leafy carrying case. The darker the green of any vegetable the better it is for you. I'm not fond of kale so I won't be putting it on my sammiches and it would take 3 weeks for me to chew a salad made of kale but spinach is yummy.

As a Yankee who had southern parents who taught me to cook like a southerner whenever there is a dinner to be had it is me that gets to cook it...lol  My friend wants homemade baked Mac-n-Cheese...I was thinking of making meatloaf bites to go with it.  I roll them into like little meatballs just bigger than a small muffin tin.  Put them all over the muffin holes, coat with the ketchup mixture and bake.  Drains the nasty (to be used for gravy or something else delightful), gives a good crunch on the outside but tender on the inside, and you get that sweet taste with every bite.

Oh, and German Chocolate Cookies and Creme Brulee Vanilla bean cupcakes for dessert.

I suppose I should make a vegetable...lol

• Love 2

Sounds absolutely delish, kj4ever

Oh, and lectures about the health benefits of dark leafy greens are as boring as eating vegetables.  Spare me, puleese.  You cannot reform this old meat & potatoes German!   ;-)

Omg meatloaf balls reminds me of a lady who had dinner at our house once. My mom made meatloaf and she used to stick slices of bread along the sides of the meatloaf to soak up the nasty. This lady ate the bread! Then explained how "unwell" her stomach was the next day! Well duh! You just ate 100% grease! My mom also used to stick slices of bread inside the Tupperware boxes that shd put homemade cookies in. She says it kept cookies soft. I don't know if these were Iowa things or not.

Thank you! I missed everybody! Cannot wait till Season 6 begins; not long now...

About damned time you show up, woman! I blame you for my inabillity to keep watching the spinoff. I mean, sure, the fact that it's a lump of shit wasn't doing it any favors. But it didn't help that even our heckling didn't seem like it could maintain critical mass. This strange little group has endured Brillip, Beth, Carl trading his shoe for pudding, and Tyreese spending an entire episode hallucinating Brillip and Beth. And endure we did. But, sometimes, it really does take a village.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 4

I didn't have time this year for a full-series DVD marathon before the show returned, and heaven knows, only in "Days Gone By" was I patient enough to suffer through all those commercials to watch it all unfold again on AMC, but I did binge on Season 5 on Friday & Saturday, and I am beyond ready for Season 6!

Tonight IS the night!

• Love 1

Eeeee! The show is back, so I can let myself visit this forum again! It's probably my favorite, I've enjoyed the discussions last season so very much, so I'm really looking forward to spending this season with you guys as well. Happy premiere day!

• Love 1

I get hungry when I see a nachomama post!

I'll have to live vicariously through all your show snacks - it's too f'ing hot here to even think about cooking, or even preparing anything other than a cold drink.  I've been making my meals in the wee hours to beat the heat.  :-)

I think we're past the heat here!  Love this time of year, the leaves are falling, temp is 50s-60s; October is spooky.  Soon it'll be cold but I'm loving it now.  Perfect time to make scones & bread.

We had a hot summer and I was always at this great local sandwich shop buying their pre-made chicken salad, LOL.

• Love 1

I make a killer chicken salad! It's been cooled off for a little bit but the humidity creeps back in. I've resisted turning on the a/c.

Ice cream, Popsicle , watermelon or any fruit. A pickle. All very nice cold snacks. PUDDING! All these work.

• Love 2

I make a killer chicken salad! It's been cooled off for a little bit but the humidity creeps back in. I've resisted turning on the a/c.

Ice cream, Popsicle , watermelon or any fruit. A pickle. All very nice cold snacks. PUDDING! All these work.

I have none of these items in my larder (nor would I care to consume them as a snack), but, wait - I have a few leftover-ripe organic raspberries & blackberries I can muddle with icy cold vodka!   :-D

• Love 1

So, got out of work slightly early, run home and start the DVR, super ready to watch tonight's S6 premiere, only to see "Program only partially recorded because of poor signal reception".  *cue rage-induced temper tantrum*

Now I gotta wait for the re-air after TD, and can't watch TD yet cause it'd spoil FTA.  F!!

• Love 3

Can't wait for TWD to provide me a good bday present this coming weekend, with showing the aftermath of the cliffhanger at the end of FTA.

But first, I want the Chicago Cubs give me a great pre-BD present by advancing to the NLCS.  Hoping the Cubs can take the series lead tonight, playing at home and led by Cy Arrieta on the mound. 

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 1

Cubs WIN!  One more W, boys.  Cmon...

Cubs did their best to please the ladies, cause they love the long ball.  Chicago went deep a few times tonight.  And to celebrate them setting a postseason record for HRs in a game (6), with a guy who homered tonight, here's his [estimated] 450' "river shot" from the WC game in Pittsburgh last Wednesday night;

100715_chc_schwarber_hr_lo2_kmlclbhk.gif

Yeah.  He got all of that one, and then some.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36

Schwarbs did it again, only he left Wrigley Field this time.  Cubs win series and are going to the NLCS.

How long has it been since the Cubs won a postseason series?   Back then, Arnold Schwarzenegger was elected the Governor of California (for the first time).

Back to the Future said the Cubs would win it all this year.  Prophecy??