Type keyword(s) to search

Speculation and Wishlist for Black-ish

nicepebbles
  • Start Topic

@nicepebbles , I was thinking Michael Gross (similar "sensitive New-Age guy" vibe to Alda), but I can't do better than Alfre Woodard. Few great actresses (which she is) are willing to be downright silly if the part calls for it, but she is. She'd be a good match for her daughter that way.

• Love 1

I like Michael Gross better than Alan Alda, only because Alda's pushing 80. Would like to see someone who hasn't already played that kind of part, though. Treat Williams, Kelsey Grammar, Harry Anderson. I just kinda picked them randomly.

• Love 1

Lynn Whitfield. I haven't seen her in a long, long time. I'm fine with that pick, too. I like allowing actors to act and play parts that we're not accustomed to seeing them play. Usually, they don't disappoint.

I like Michael Gross better than Alan Alda, only because Alda's pushing 80.

Michael Gross would be a great, age-appropriate choice (b. 1947 to Alda's 1936).  He'd pair up nicely with either Alfre Woodard (1952) or Lynn Whitfield (1953).  They have to age Laurence Fishburne (1961) quite a bit for his role (Jennifer Lewis, too, 1957).

I would like to see Jeremy Sisto do a guest spot as one of the Johnson's new neighbors, who could just happen to be gay. It could also be a shout-out to  Suburgatory  and a Law & Order reunion with Anthony Anderson, his former co-star of the latter.

• Love 2

I like Lynn Whitfield as her mom. If Bow has siblings (can't remember if they've said), I suggest Jesse Williams and Persia White. JW plays/ed a doctor on Grey's Anatomy. He can be a doctor on this show and Bow can be all proud her baby bro is a doctor, too. He's biracial and gorgeous. PW can play a straight-laced character, a reformed hippie. We'd see shades of her character from Girlfriends where she worked with TER. She's biracial and very attractive as well.

. If Bow has siblings (can't remember if they've said), I suggest Jesse Williams and Persia White. [. . . ] PW can play a straight-laced character, a reformed hippie. We'd see shades of her character from Girlfriends where she worked with TER. She's biracial and very attractive as well.

I really want them to get Persia, Golden Brooks and Jill Marie Jones to guest star in the same episode together.

Maybe Bow could attend her high school or college reunion and they could be her 'girlfriends' from back in the day.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 2

No votes for the actress who plays Bow's mom to be her actual mother? The Fabulous.Miss.Diana.Ross.

I definitely want t to see Diana Ross on the show, but not as Bow's mom.

ETA: the primary, though not only reason, is that I think it would be difficult to get her to guest star a few times per year.

On that note, Tracee's brother Evan and his awful awful wife can please stay the hell away.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 1