Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: Traitor

• Start Topic

After Granger is poisoned by the mole and Eric is one of the seven suspects, Hetty orders a lockdown while everyone is investigated.

This thread will unlock at approximate 22:58 EST (cue theme music).

Wow I'm the first!

Not a bad entry. I wish there had been a little more build to the mole, rather than passing remarks in the last few episodes. It makes sense that it was someone in IT, a lot of data passes through those hands. I would like to know who he is working for.

Interesting to see how the episode played out versus what the promo's presented. For example the clip of someone trying to strangle Kensi was really her and Deeks working out the scenario of how a murder went down. The promo monkeys a very good case for 'it's all in the editing'.

Nice continuity having the same doctor that treated Deeks and Renko after being shot also being the one to treat Granger. And I'm positive that the show has filmed at the hill where Granger crashed before. I swear we saw Sam jogging there back in Season 2.

I am more convinced than ever that Deeks and Kensi are involved and just not saying anything.

• Love 1

I don't trust Nell.  She was cagey during the whole lockdown and I don't think it was worry.  She may be working for the same people as the mole, but she's conflicted about something.  She's either a mole or working undercover for someone higher up than Hetty and is feeling guilty for working against her team.

• Love 2

Didn't the Asian guy who didn't want to do the dna have a gun tucked into his back belt?  Why show that if it was going to be nothing.

I liked the whole lockdown thing, and Eric using the "old building," line.  I love that building!

Especially liked Hetty trying to kill Grainger, but it was a long time ago.

The mole plotline was really pretty meh; would have been better to have had it be someone we were somewhat familiar with.  I really didn't like him, tho, so there is that - good acting?  Blech.

Nell unfaithful?  Imo, no way, she's to be the next Hetty.  All her weirdness is about Eric (aww his bank password!) and she'd do anything for the team to me.

Still finding the never a real moment dialogue between joking Kensie and Deeks annoying.

Didn't the Asian guy who didn't want to do the dna have a gun tucked into his back belt?  Why show that if it was going to be nothing.

Nell unfaithful?  Imo, no way, she's to be the next Hetty.  All her weirdness is about Eric (aww his bank password!) and she'd do anything for the team to me.

I think that was Deek's gun we saw. Look like his sweatshirt riding up

Apparently Eric has  target date for working things out with Nell...agree, her weirdness was about whatever is going on between them. I almost expected to Sam or Deeks make a crack about remembering the boathouse has cameras as they were all leaving at the end of the episode.

• Love 1

That, quite honestly, was kind of boring, once I knew the mole wasn't going to be Hetty, Nell, Eric, or really anyone interesting. Hard to get invested in a random one-shot guy being a mole. I was hoping for something like Numb3rs, when Colby turned out to working for China or whatever it was (yes, then it turned out he was a triple agent but at least it was interesting and they spent some time on the fallout. Note to self: re-watch Numb3rs), but that really was a level of dreaming that I knew wasn't going to pan out.

I can't imagine any other plausible scenario for Deeks knowing where Kensi keeps her toilet paper, other than that he is spending a lot of time there, and I can't come up with any other option than they're together... so hopefully the show doesn't disappoint on that. I like conversations like this ep, that clearly show they're together, but it's not all soap opera-y, romantic, etc. Just something for them to talk about while they're doing their jobs.

I don't have any doubt that Kensi and Deeks are a couple, I don't need to see the sex.  In fact, I appreciate it, since in real life, Kensi is married to Deeks brother.  In any event, I don't need or want to see couples having sex to know they're together.  The show just doesn't seem to show a lot of the characters home life, I think that they want the audience to be as much as possible the invisible person in the room who is watching things happen, and only once in a great while do we follow them home, but we leave when we realize we're intruding too much.

• Love 1

I've long since decided that Kensi and Deeks are having a happy romantic relationship off camera.

The promo monkeys strike again.  Sigh.

I wish the plot line would have actually put Eric under real suspicion, making us think that he might really be the mole A la Kensi and the sniper who was killing off her father's group.

So comical though, when the core four leave Eric and Nell alone and Deeks says, "well this is happening."  Hee!

The mole story hasn't really had a lot of punch to it.  I am hoping that they either put the story to bed or work to make it suspenseful and full of high stakes. 

I do hope that the actor playing Granger is okay.  He is so thin, and it doesn't look healthy.  :(

• Love 1

I do hope that the actor playing Granger is okay.  He is so thin, and it doesn't look healthy.  :(

He might be like half the men in my ex's family.  They were either thin and frail looking (but you'd be surprised at how scrappy, strong, and determined they could be - they were a force of nature and most lived long lives and were all still sharp as a tack until the end, even the ones who lived past 100).  The other half were burly guys who personified the whole strong silent type.  That family had an extraordinary number of decorated war veterans among them.  One was even nominated (I've been told) for the Medal of Honor.

Now David Letterman, he looks unhealthy to me.  His suits just hang off him.

I thought the same thing, but it turned out just to be bad editing.  The gun in the back waistband was Deeks's.

I liked the whole "locked room" mystery of the murder during lockdown.  I would have liked it more if we'd had some investment (other than Eric) in the short list of mole suspects.  As soon as I saw them all gathered together, I thought "Naaahhh, it can't be the hostile Asian guy.  Gotta be the fat guy."  And it was.  I liked that with Sam and Callen on the outside, they had to be the eyes and ears and legs and feet for the whole team.  Loved the cold irritation rolling off Callen as he was interrogating the cocky mole in the boathouse.

When we first heard about the suspicious bank transfer into Eric's account, I immediately assumed that it was something Hetty did to get one of "her" people sequestered with the rest of the short list of mole suspects, especially when she was warmed at his awkwardly stammered expression of concern for her.  That turned out not to be the case, but I wouldn't have put it past her!

Loved the cold irritation rolling off Callen as he was interrogating the cocky mole in the boathouse.

That was actually one thing that didn't ring true for me.

Just a couple of episodes ago he put a bounty on Mattias head for threatening Hetty, completely ignored Granger (not new but more blatant) and was getting close enough to 'off the rails' that Sam was worried. But catching the guy that put her info out there in the first place gets nothing more than irritation? I was expecting some serious anger, from both Callen and the rest of the team, especially once you figure in that Eric got pretty hurt and Granger nearly died. 

That makes more sense when you think about it that way HurricaneVal!

I've long since decided that Kensi and Deeks are having a happy romantic relationship off camera.

Secretly, I'd love to get this confirmed by having it come out that during one of their spats, somebody dared somebody to 'fine, let's just elope if (insert reason here)!"

It just seems like something that is just plausible enough to happen. Neither can resist anything that feels like a dare from the other.

• Love 1

So NCIS uses a system that shows your password when you type it? Not asterisks?

But they needed to drop another anvil about twu wuv, despite the discretion and restraint they use with Kensi and Deeks? I don't care and never will.

Hard to get invested in a random one-shot guy being a mole.

It was like this was the one episode per season that acknowledges there are other people who work at that office.

But at least I liked that Eric got to do something different -- too bad it involved him getting taken hostage!

But they needed to drop another anvil about twu wuv, despite the discretion and restraint they use with Kensi and Deeks? I don't care and never will.

And is it even "love" they're anvilling? The show generally likes to throw some type of flirty scene between those two, but we barely know much about them outside the office.

But at least I liked that Eric got to do something different -- too bad it involved him getting taken hostage!

Didn't he get shot at on a roof top last year when he went out with the team too?  He really needs to just punch the clock day after day and embrace the same old same old! 

It was like this was the one episode per season that acknowledges there are other people who work at that office.

I don't think I've ever seen any other people working there in any episode--not that I've seen every episode.  I was surprised!

• Love 1

Still finding the never a real moment dialogue between joking Kensie and Deeks annoying.

^^ YES.

Apparently Eric has  target date for working things out with Nell...agree, her weirdness was about whatever is going on between them. I almost expected to Sam or Deeks make a crack about remembering the boathouse has cameras as they were all leaving at the end of the episode.

Me too!

So comical though, when the core four leave Eric and Nell alone and Deeks says, "well this is happening."  Hee!

I laughed right out loud at this. And to me, it appeared Nell nodded yes ever so slightly. And they all knew enough to leave them alone.

I still think sometimes Kensi is unnecessarily rude/mean to Deeks just to try and cover her feelings. And he takes it, shot after shot.

I still think sometimes Kensi is unnecessarily rude/mean to Deeks just to try and cover her feelings. And he takes it, shot after shot.

I thinks Deeks throws his share of comments right back at her. It's a balancing act.

I don't think I've ever seen any other people working there in any episode--not that I've seen every episode.  I was surprised!

Well, there are usually extras in the background. But I don't think they've ever had any lines; or a part in the plot.