Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E06: The Twin Paradox

Raise your hand if you were surprised when Mark Valley's character turned out to be the killer's new assistant.  No one?  I didn't think so.

I had hoped that this storyline would have been wrapped up by the end of the episode, but I guess it's going to be stretched out to the end of the season.  At least next week doesn't look like a 'Gig Harbor Killer' (or whatever the name is) plot.

• Love 2

Thought it might be him the way he reacted to the news that his partner was still alive, like he was more worried than pleased.

So. I suppose his next move  will be to murder her in her hospital bed? (that's speculation, not spoiler) 

• Love 1

I'm so disappointed that this storyline isn't over.  We have to drag it on some more?  No doubt we'll have "Finster in jeopardy" sometime during sweeps with Mark Valley threatening her or something equally idiotic.

On the up side it was nice to see Nick and Sara working together again and we only had to endure a couple of minutes of Patricia Arquette and her annoying character. 

What?!  Mark Valley is the bad guy??  I thought he was Finn's new boyfriend!  On the up side, Finn was there in the hospital to see his partner's reaction to him, so now she's on to him.  I join in the chorus of hoping they don't drag this arc out too much longer.

Nick is looking so much like Grissom now that I thought it was him for a second or two.

Poor old Greg.  He only wants to save people but ended up getting someone shot.  They should have learned by now not to turn their back on a victim - because sometimes they are not the victim and sometimes they are crazycakes.  I thought Sara should have hugged him there at the end.

• Love 1

What?!  Mark Valley is the bad guy??  I thought he was Finn's new boyfriend!

Finn doesn't have much judgement in her boyfriends, does she?  I seem to remember another fellow who turned out to be a rotter.  Or am I confusing her with someone else?
  • Love 1

Finn was there in the hospital to see his partner's reaction to him, so now she's on to him. 

I must have missed something, but was there a reason why the partner didn't say something instead of making noises? Besides that the case would be solved then? 

• Love 1

I must have missed something, but was there a reason why the partner didn't say something instead of making noises?

I think she was still too traumatized to speak. 

Finn doesn't have much judgement in her boyfriends, does she?  I seem to remember another fellow who turned out to be a rotter.

I know she picked up the guy who then tried to rape her, forget the name of the episode from last season, but the three "girls" had gone away for a fun weekend.

• Love 1

Yes, the Finster seems to have even poorer taste in men than Catherine did back in the day.  I seem to remember that Mark Valley's character is one of Fin's ex's that she's got an on again, off again thing going on with.  Apparently the guy from the conference that she hooks up with from last week, the one she spent so much time with trapped in the elevator that they were supposedly going to "try out that relationship thing" with went back east never to be seen again.  

I hope Fin is murdered by the Gig Harbor Killer.

She won't be.  I have given up on experiencing even mild hope that she might expire in one of the many "Finn in danger" escapades.

I was kind of annoyed by the whole, "Oh no!  Evidence does lie!  Now what?!" thing.  The evidence isn't lying -- some of the evidence was planted.  I'm sure it's just an excuse for D.B. to go off the rails when his daughter is threatened.  Again.

• Love 2

I watch an episode, then. a week or so later, I forget about it.  This is why I don't like season long storylines.  So, I am probably forgetting something from an earlier episode, but I will ask my question anyway - 

--- The bodies that were buried in the desert had blood on them from of the victim who had had gender re-assignment surgery.  How long did they keep her hostage?  Just to use her blood on other victims?  Why not take a bunch of her blood then kill her?  If the blood they put on the desert victims was fresh, wouldn't the CSIs know that - there has to be someway to test the age of blood splatter.

Maybe I'm sick but I laughed at this episode, mainly because I have a problem with taking Mark Paul Gosselaar seriously, and two of him....just what the world needs.  

So one twin was adopted by a black woman and the other twin was supposed to be dead...so what happened to him?  I bet that nun they talked to is their mother.  

• Love 1

I can't believe that Patricia Arquette character told DB that he should put his child in the line of fire in the interests of duty and the greater good.

People will sacrifice the entire world before they jeopardise the life of their loved ones, especially their children. It's the way we are wired. Expecting LEOs to be any different is just bizarre, but moreover chiding him for not doing so, as though he's not a team player? Appalling.

• Love 4

What's up with the CSI's roaming around dark, secluded crime scenes without any deputies? I don't mind that the show stretches credibility, it's just that it used to be so much better. I can remember an early season episode where Brass admonished the CSI's for going into a place he and his men hadn't cleared. These are things the show used ot do well but now they are just glaring errors.

They also need to wrap this whole Gig Harbor thing up. It's too complex to keep track of every fourth or fifth episode. Also, you just know Finn will be in danger at some point and that stuff is played out this season.

Edited by RustbeltWriter
  • Love 1

What's up with the CSI's roaming around dark, secluded crime scenes without any deputies? I don't mind that the show stretches credibility, it's just that it used to be so much better. I can remember an early season episode where Brass admonished the CSI's for going into a place he and his men hadn't cleared. 

Nick's had a gun pointed at his head by a civilian left at the scene with him who turned out to be the killer. He was put in The Box of Being Buried Alive with Fire Ants when he let the cop on scene wander off and vomit. Holly Gribbs was killed when a killer returned to the scene of the crime and she was left unattended. 

You'd think they'd have learned by now...

• Love 1
(edited)

I was wondering why they left the male CSI to comfort the traumatised female victim as opposed to the female CSI. Of course the female CSI was Finn, so I guess it could be argued either way. But couldn't Nick have taken off his jacket and put it around the victim? She might be cuckoo for cocoa puffs, but traumatised victims will probably respond well to kindness and less inclined to conk you over the head. And what basis does Finn have for saying she wasn't a willing victim? She spoke to her for maybe ten seconds and she attacked her partner, so being an accomplice seems perfectly plausible (personally I'd say it could go either way)

As for Finn's partner being an(other) accomplice, I thought tptb were being cleverer than that and that she was reacting to the nurse, not the detective. I guess that'll teach me not to give them too much credit. Though being Finn's ex should have clued me in to him being a psycho!

I was kind of annoyed by the whole, "Oh no!  Evidence does lie!  Now what?!" thing.
Bugs me every time they go "Oh no! This criminal is such a genius we can't rely on the evidence!" No - you still check the evidence, you just keep in mind that some of the evidence might be tainted.
Edited by John Potts

I was wondering why they left the male CSI to comfort the traumatised female victim as opposed to the female CSI. Of course the female CSI was Finn, so I guess it could be argued either way. 

Nick's also pretty much the go-to people person and victim comforter, so... 

• Love 1