Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: The Key

Tara Ariano

I think it's only 4 episodes in and I gave up at 2!!  It was off the charts already!  At least Scandal took years and so did Grey's Anatomy, for that matter.

This is me. I gave up on HTGAWM after two episodes. Even the commercials make me roll my eyes now. Too bad, because Viola Davis is great in just about anything. I think Shonda started to believe her own press when Scandal took off. 

• Love 1

Why do I even watch this show?

That was my reaction as well and then my 2nd thought was basically the same one as below....

Shonda always does this with her shows (and characters.)  ALWAYS. 

No matter how strong her shows start off, she'll treat us all like suckers in the end. Which is why I refused to watch How to Get Away With Murder.

Shonda always snookers me into watching a show...makes it decent for a season or two and then turns it to some soap opera bullshit when she already has me committed.  So yes, I am also refusing to watch How to Get Away With Murder because sadly I am still watching Grey's Anatomy in all it's crappy bullshittery and clearly still watching Scandal....and have no idea why, so I will not let that happen with another show.  Nope.  Nada.  Not gonna happen.  

Soon Mellie will have as many retcons under her belt as GH's Sam McCall.

As a former GH watcher....BA HA HA HA HA!  

• Love 2

Huck, Jake, Olivia, and Fitz are all idiots. 

Jake for not having a back up plan and telling Olivia once he pieced everything together; Olivia for believing her father; Fitz for thinking with his dick rather than asking why Jake would do that; Huck because she allowing him to see Javier was a little too suspicious. 

As distraught as Cyrus is, I can't buy his grief over James being killed. I believed he has plotted on two different occasions, definitely one, to have his husband killed. Yeah, he changed his mind, but that doesn't take away the fact that he was going to kill his husband for the same reason Jake killed him--to keep him quiet. So, I think he needs to tone it down a bit.

• Love 1

Fitz for thinking with his dick rather than asking why Jake would do that; Huck because she allowing him to see Javier was a little too suspicious.

In fairness, Fitz is part of the same show we've been watching, and in Shondaland killing a kid so POTUS can't leave his wife for your girlfriend makes perfect sense.

As distraught as Cyrus is, I can't buy his grief over James being killed. I believed he has plotted on two different occasions, definitely one, to have his husband killed. Yeah, he changed his mind, but that doesn't take away the fact that he was going to kill his husband for the same reason Jake killed him--to keep him quiet. So, I think he needs to tone it down a bit.

I kind of buy it. James was Cyrus' only real shot at seeing himself as a human being. I can picture him not being willing to take responsibility. It's not as if owning his own shit is really Cyrus' thing at the best of times.

Shonda always snookers me into watching a show...makes it decent for a season or two and then turns it to some soap opera bullshit when she already has me committed.  So yes, I am also refusing to watch How to Get Away With Murder because sadly I am still watching Grey's Anatomy in all it's crappy bullshittery and clearly still watching Scandal....and have no idea why, so I will not let that happen with another show.  Nope.  Nada.  Not gonna happen.  

shelley1005 get out of my head!!!  Except I am watching HTGAWM like a dummy.  :-(

• Love 1

I'm glad that we're finally closing the door on Grieving Mellie. I've enjoyed watching her but I've been terrified that we were headed towards a storyline where Mellie has a nervous breakdown and Fitz calls Liv in to fix it. The next thing I need her to do is find Andrew and bang him like a screen door on a windy day. She has nothing to lose anymore. The election is over, one of her kids is dead, another in boarding school and America's Baby is being raised by the nanny. Andrew is another thing she lost so Fitz could be reelected but, unlike Jerry, she can have Andrew again. Plus, and please forgive me for this...

I can easily see a story where - since Fitz can't run again - Andrew runs for president with Fitz as his VP. Andrew wins the election. Andrew dies in some dramatic way and Fitz becomes president again. Yes, it would be ludicrous but what part of this show isn't?

All of this to the first paragraph.

Although, it's been awhile since I took a Civics class, but a Presidential run is limited to ten years (not two terms, to accomodate the sudden loss of a President mid-term).

I'd rather the show not pull a season 4/5 Glee out of their ass and find a way for Fitz to progress forward after the White House, though. Let Mellie be free, and let Fitz finally have Olivia and then turn to a petulant child he is once the forbidden fruit aspect is gone.

• Love 1

Totally agree iluvobx on the point about the plots as compared with season 1. I thought maybe it was just my memory playing tricks, making those shows better than perhaps they were, but no. They are better. They are replaying in the wee hours of Sunday mornings in order and I watched as Billy Chambers threw DC into turmoil and Cyrus had his real hair. Sigh...

• Love 1