Type keyword(s) to search

The L&O: SVU Spoilers and Spec Thread!

• Start Topic

Gang, I have created a new thread about the future of SVU here. Please take further talk of should the show go on with or without Benson, etc. to that thread as it seems to have overwhelmed the spoilers/spec thread, that is supposedly for episodes. Thanks and chat on!

• Love 1

Another 3 week break for SVU after this episode. Are you fucking kidding me? There are only going to be 18 or 19 episodes this season unless they do 2 in a week or something towards the end. What a joke. NBC doesn't care about this show and the writers are clueless, they have no idea how to run a show. I'm fucking pissed at another 3 week break. 

8 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

Another 3 week break for SVU after this episode. Are you fucking kidding me? There are only going to be 18 or 19 episodes this season unless they do 2 in a week or something towards the end. What a joke. NBC doesn't care about this show and the writers are clueless, they have no idea how to run a show. I'm fucking pissed at another 3 week break. 

Is there? Well, maybe the episode number was reduced or maybe NBC will air the rest in the summer? I know USA moved CI to summer for seasons 7 or 8 to 10, so it's possible, I guess?

1 hour ago, Xeliou66 said:

There are going to be 21 episodes and it's only a two week break. Newsroom airs on April 26.

Speaking of Newsroom the Synopsis is Benson and Barba try to convince witnesses to risk their jobs by testifying for a news anchor who claims she was raped by her boss or something. First thought is Benson is still bullying people and now she is dragging Barba into it. Did she replace Barba with a robot who obeys her every command? Stepford Barba?

• Love 1

There are no episodes on April 12 or 19, so it will be 3 weeks between episodes. 

I thought the finale was May 24, that means there will only be 20 episodes unless they do a 2 hour one or 2 in one week. 

I'm so sick of the almighty St Olivia Benson badgering and bullying someone into doing what she wants them to do for an hour, and then finally they give in and do what she wants while she looks on proudly with an overdramatic expression. Every episode is like this now, and I'm sick of it. I think that Mariska loves these episodes because it allows her to hog screen time with her over the top acting and preach her personal agenda, but it's so tiresome. 

I hate when they have Olivia bullying and bossing Barba into taking a weak case. I think they have been better about that overall this year, with the exception of the awful Imposter episode, and I hope they don't have Barba becoming Benson's bitch like he was last year. 

The one thing I'm looking forward to in the Newsroom episode is that Chief Dodds will be back, I've missed him. 

Oh, it gets even better!  Due to so much Olivia time, there was a deleted scene at the end of the episode where Fin announced to Rollins and Carisi that he was now "Sargeant Fin"!  Something fans have been waiting for, and they cut it?  Give me a break! 

• Love 1
(edited)
On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 6:12 PM, angel1008 said:

Oh, it gets even better!  Due to so much Olivia time, there was a deleted scene at the end of the episode where Fin announced to Rollins and Carisi that he was now "Sargeant Fin"!  Something fans have been waiting for, and they cut it?  Give me a break! 

It's so ridiculous how much Benson is in just about every scene! She's the EP; how does she do it without resentment? You see her going to speak to victims, hanging around for the autopsy, then nagging Barba how are things going! It's really gotten ridiculous the last several years; esp. since Stabler given the boot! ;-(

Edited by Jamie Satyr
Added another sentence
  • Love 1

Yeah....Rick Eid said they had plans for Benson to have another unethical, unprofessional hookup with an FBI guy but he also said not to totally give up on Tucker coming back into the picture either. The season finale..a two partner ...looks like U.S. hysteria vs. Muslim "terrorism" that gets rowdy so the FBI is most certainly going to be in on it. Since this show has a soap opera format, introducing "him" in the season finale gives us that "cliffhanger" element so people will anxiously wait for the fall to see how that goes. Since SVU has basically turned into "who is Benson going to bang next?" my money is on him being introduced in the season finale.

Also, from the clips I saw, Benson and Barba look to be at odds over the case. That might give a setup excuse to detach them from each other enough for Benson to get "distracted" by a new, possible hookup with an FBI guy, since her job is also her dating pool. Just a thought.

Another thought about a girlfriend for one of the characters. Maybe Barba hooks up with an FBI female agent. Maybe?

Oh, I'm frightened, all right -- of 2 hours of no-ban-no-wall proselytizing (not that I'm pro either of those things; I just don't think the show's take on Issyews is always the most enjoyable to sit through) that culminate in a Barbassassination. 

(NB: I have no spoilers; this is uninformed concern only.) 

• Love 1

Barba isn't going anywhere, in this day and age, we would know if Raul was leaving SVU. Everyone was panicking last year as well about him getting killed as well and nothing happened. He's staying around, even these writers aren't stupid enough to kill off the most popular character. 

I hope the episode isn't too preachy though, the subject of a hate crime sounds interesting, it's a change from the usual all wealthy white people he said-she said stories, but I hope it isn't just preachy propaganda about how we should let in all Muslims. It will be especially bad timing since a Muslim terrorirst killed 22 people in Manchester a couple of days ago, so I hope this episode isn't too heavy on the political preaching and agenda. 

• Love 1

I'm rooting for them tonight!   By my count, this season so far has consisted of 3 good episodes, and 16 that were various degrees of terrible (and one so objectionable it couldn't even be aired, which is a first for the 27 years of the L&O franchise, isn't it?).  The premise is great, they could really do something compelling, dramatic, and relevant with that setup, if they just execute properly.

I'm not a sports guy, but this must be what it's like to be a die-hard fan of the team that always loses.  On some level, I know they're going to lose again.  But still, I hope!  This'll be the time they turn it all around!

Yeah I hope there isn't much political preaching, that is always annoying. And like I say, it's especially bad timing for a preachy pro Muslim episode giving that a Muslim terrorist cell just set off a deadly bomb in Manchester. 

It sounds interesting though, I'm glad they are doing something different from the usual episodes of season 18, and hopefully it will end on a high note. Season 18 has had way too many interchangeable rich white guy/hot young white femape he said/she said rape cases. 

Overall, I've liked about 7 episodes, was right in the middle on about 5-6 episodes, and disliked 6-7 episodes

(edited)

Actually, I'd say this is a brilliant time for a preachy pro-Muslim episode. Just to remind people that not all... not even most Muslims.

Because a lot of people do actually forget that at times like these, and then more awful unfair stuff happens. 

So it strikes me as perfect timing.

Edited by Lebanna
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Lebanna said:

Actually, I'd say this is a brilliant time for a preachy pro-Muslim episode. Just to remind people that not all... not even most Muslims.

Because a lot of people do actually forget that at times like these, and then more awful unfair stuff happens. 

Very well said.

I feel like I could go on and on on this topic, but I'll just add that the fact that there are those who think the aftermath of an ISIS bombing is a time when people with "not all Muslims are terrorists" messages should be silent is a rather depressing reminder of why the world still needs preachy procedural's.

But I'll try to save the rest till after watching it.  Who knows what the message will actually be, there's been enough bizarre creative choices made this season that I don't feel safe in taking anything for granted...

• Love 3

I hope there isn't much political preaching, that is always annoying. And it isn't a good time for preachy pro Islam propaganda, because the issue is a lot deeper than what the mass media makes it seem. Most people do not believe all Muslims are terrorists, but it's really stupid to say anyone who doesn't want to automatically accept every Muslim refugee is a racist piece of shit, which is what I'm afraid SVU will do. I don't want to get a warning for talking too much about politics and religion, but I'm just going to say that it isn't good in the aftermath of a Muslim terror attack to tell everyone else they are the racists, when Muslims commit so many terror attacks and honor killings. 

4 hours ago, JyDanzig said:

I'm rooting for them tonight!   By my count, this season so far has consisted of 3 good episodes, and 16 that were various degrees of terrible (and one so objectionable it couldn't even be aired, which is a first for the 27 years of the L&O franchise, isn't it?).

I'll happily bash SVU's output this season as anyone who has read these forums should know, but the unaired episode is squarely on NBC in my book. They approved the episode every step of the way knowing it was going to be controversial and then got cold feet once it came time to air it. I doubt it was uniquely awful or objectionable in the history of the franchise although like most of this season it probably wasn't exactly brilliant and nuanced television. Hopefully they will finish strong and get back on track next season!

2 hours ago, Lebanna said:

Well said. Bring on the preachiness, I hope it has some effect.

• Love 2