Type keyword(s) to search

It's The Great Previously.TV Firefly Rewatch, Jayne Cobb

Lisin

Firefly has been selected as the next Previously TV Rewatch project!  We'll start the Rewatch on Wednesday March 26th and do two episodes a week, Wednesday and Friday until we finish with a Rewatch of the movie Serenity. Spoiler policy is the same as for any of the Amazon or Netflix shows:

Please don't spoil elements beyond the episode thread you are posting in. For example don't put things about the last episode in the first episode and don't put stuff about episode 15 in the thread for episode 14 without spoiler tags.

• Love 5

Hey, I finally get a chance to watch the blu-ray set I picked up super-cheap last year.

Also, just to clarify, we're going in DVD/Netflix order rather than broadcast, yes?

Edited by ApathyMonger
  • Love 2
(edited)

Oh! Right! I forgot about the crazy order. Yes to DVD/Netflix order, not switching episodes around to match the initial airing (because that shit was bananas).

To clarify the rewatch order is:

1. "Serenity" (First episode, not the movie)
  2. "The Train Job" 
  3. "Bushwhacked" 
  4. "Shindig" 
  5. "Safe" 
  6. "Our Mrs. Reynolds" 
  7. "Jaynestown"
  8. "Out of Gas"
  9. "Ariel" 
  10. "War Stories" 
  11. "Trash" 
  12. "The Message" 
  13. "Heart of Gold" 
  14. "Objects in Space"
  15. "Serenity" (Movie)
Edited by David T. Cole
Serenity vs. Serenity clarity.
  • Love 2
And just in the interest of total clarity: number 1 is "Serenity", the pilot (but not first-aired) episode of Firefly. Number 15 is Serenity, the 2005 film. :)

What Dougal said. I am constantly forgetting how potentially confusing this series is for a show that only has 14 episodes and a movie! 

This is actually a joke in my house because I only watched 7 of the 14 original episodes and I've never seen the movie. I really liked he ones I saw but whenever my husband or best friend would suggest we watch the rest I was never in the mood. Which led to YEARS of pestering. So now whenever there is something I like but am never in the mood to watch we call it 'Fireflying' said show/movie. The best part is that somehow even though I'm all over the internet and pretty up on pop culture I didn't find out the major character death for THREE YEARS. One day my friend mentioned it casually and I was all X dies?!? My husband was so pissed because he'd tried really hard not to tell me.

All that to say I'll be watching along because I do want to see it all and it will probably make them unbearably annoyed. :D

• Love 3

Aw, this is cool! I've never had the opportunity to be a part of an organized rewatch. Is it too late to join in if I marathon a few episodes to catch up in time for Wednesday?

• Love 1
Aw, this is cool! I've never had the opportunity to be a part of an organized rewatch. Is it too late to join in if I marathon a few episodes to catch up in time for Wednesday?

Go for it! We're only on episode 2 right now. Wednesday will be episode 3 so you've got time! Welcome aboard!

• Love 2

Since there's no scheduling thread, I thought I'd post here that El Rey Network will be re-running the entire series plus the movie starting at 6 AM on New Year's Eve. And, in case you can't plop yourself in front of the tv for 16 hours straight, they'll be re-running everything through 5 AM on 1/2.

• Love 1