Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E03: Clear And Present Danger

WendyCR72

When a pool shark is murdered by an unseen force, Castle and Becket uncover evidence that the killer may have paranormal powers. Meanwhile, Castle and Beckett attempt to get their lives back to normal following his disappearance.

Again, please do not comment 'til after this episode airs on the east coast. Thank you!

I really enjoyed this.  There was more banter than we've seen in ages and we even got a theory building-like scene, when Beckett is trying to convince him there's a logic explanation for things.  The whole supernatural vs. non-supernatural usually works well for this show.  I loved how Beckett was rolling her eyes at the exact same time Castle kept looking at her.  They felt very in sync, even though they were disagreeing.

A couple nitpicks:

A night passed between when they were first called to the crime scene and when Martha interrupted them at the loft.  So, why didn't they have sex that first night? This show often has a conversation/even interrupted and then picking it up in the next scene, which is often hours later.

When the pool house guy said the victim had started going to places in Brooklyn, Beckett said "why did he go UP there."  Does anyone on this show have knowledge about NYC?  Brooklyn would be DOWN.

Castle needs to get a lock for his bedroom door.

So I was eh on the case, but it's kind of interesting because DARPA is actually working on cloaking devices and China has actually developed something that work-ish. Both are obviously not anything like we saw in the episode and there definitely isn't a suit that is ready for anyone to slip on to commit murder (or if there is it's not something that any civillians are privy to), but at least the idea is based in real world fact. So for that, I'll forgive my misgivings over the idea of an invisible man. I thought that worked out just fine.

And I'll let the Creaseys write all the episodes if they're going to let Castle and Beckett be flirty all episode long - plus, this is the first time that we've seen them in bed? - so bonus points there. Besides that my favorite part was Castle using the random uniform as a resting post when Beckett was teasing him about wearing the Valentine's Day outfit.

Also bonus - I don't feel like Nathan felt bored. Maybe that's because the episode was sufficiently geeky to appeal to him, but I thought this one did a good job of balancing the procedural case with the fluffy and the geeky. And they kept up with the idea that Ryan needed/wanted a second job, so that was nice, too.

My biggest annoyance with the episode was the lack of lighting. I'm so tired of seeing everything in half shadow. (I've actually found that it looks better on my computer than my TV - maybe because I'm closer or the contrast is different, but I sort of see what sort of shadow tone they were going for when I watch on my computer. When I watch on TV it often just looks like half of the scene disappeared.)

What show was I watching tonight? Because it sure as hell didn't seem like typical Marlowe style Castle. Genuine sexiness? Naked Beckett? Caskett in bed? Really kissing? The chemistry back? The whole cast, including Nathan, having fun and being invested? A case that was fairly interesting? Holy shit balls. I didn't think they were even capable of such things, given the crap we have to watch every week. The fact that the right directors and writers can produce these kinds of results just annoys me more. We should be getting this every fucking week and nothing less.

If the Creasy's and TPW could write and Kate Woods could direct (basically anyone besides Bowman) every episode I'd be happy as hell.

Big ups to the cast and crew for this episode. It was a lot of fun to watch. For the first time in a long time I remembered why I love this show.

Edited by Elysium1973
  • Love 4

“You have no idea how much I missed this.”  Yeah this pretty much.

Castle S7 has finally started. There were two episodes before this really? I'm going to convince myself that Castle getting run off the road and disappearing for two months and then having amnesia never happened and they're already happily married because the Creaseys achieved what I thought had become near impossible on this show - they had Castle and Beckett acting like a genuine couple, having fun and looking hot and excited to be together. Jesus Christ I can't believe that episode happened talk about whiplash.

Can the Creaseys become joint showrunners and we ditch the Marlowe and his sidekick please ABC? Castle and Beckett got their case solving rhythm back, they're in sync and sexy together and I'm so relieved, welcome back guys I missed you! Good to see them look like they actually BOTH want each other for a change, it's really shouldn't be that hard. MilMar please take note.

As I figured they've gone back to normal COTW business and (aside from a one kind of funny/dark reference about his amnesia) plain forgotten about the new mythology, thank Christ for that, the show is heaps better for it.

Someone develops a suit that cloaks people to make them invisible? I flat out enjoyed this episode so I'll let it go.

Espo wasn't annoying this week, in fact all the characters for the first time felt "in" character which just goes to show you how awful plot driven storytelling is when you insist on manipulating your characters to fit a story like in those last two episodes. Oh wait they didn't happen.

• Love 4

Great great episode.

And excuse me if this has already been said BUT THANK YOU JESUS FOR THAT BLACK LEATHER JACKET ON NATHAN.  It looked great on him.  

I actually loved the bedroom scene for several reasons.  They wanted to have sex and we had them making out a little bit (where we could see).  I think the idea of an invisible man WOULD BE CREEPY enough to give them a bit of hesitation and I laughed out loud at the zombie apocalypse remark.  Martha getting caught in the trap was another great way to interrupt them because....how funny was that?

My favorite part was probably when Castle goosed Kate. When he did that, I feel like it was clear Castle's "crazy theories" he pretends are possible are just his way of getting to Beckett.  Then they got attacked.  

Oh and theorizing!  Except it wasn't.  They were kind of argueing.  But very cute.

LOVED Kate and Castle talking to Gates too.  Great job.  Good episode.  Good COTW.  Good banter.  Everyone was into it.  Genuine affection.  AND THE BLACK LEATHER JACKET.

I'm still angry at at Esposito.

• Love 3

This was really good!  My only real complaint is the kissus interruptus, but that's only a problem because it HAS BEEN a problem for so long.  Taking this episode as a one-off, the interruptus in this case was really very funny.  Usually it's just annoying, but this was deliberately tension-building interruptus and not just "oh haha foiled again waa-waa-waaahhhhh"

It led to the great banter about the valentine's outfit.  "The one with the... " "yup" "and the" "yyyyup."  And the vague gestures to what the 'with' might be referring to.  

At the end when she was threatening to slip into something even better than that outfit, I had flashbacks to the sci fi costume thing.  This was much better.

I laughed out loud several times.  I can't quite remember what they were all about.  But it was funny.  

Wait, I remember one -- something about a monster on the loose and Beckett says like Ryan after bean burritos for lunch. Castle gets a look on his face then Ryan walks in and Beckett's all trying not to grin "hi.... RYAN...." and they share a look...

Oh and the theory-building scene, when Beckett was clearly getting more turned on with every whacky theory he was spouting.  Only, what, 3 years late?  How often we yearned for this shift, from the olden days theory building which clearly meant more than just detective work, to an open acknowledgment from the characters about how sexy it was.

And she called him sexy -- he makes nerdy look sexy.  Hells yeah.  

This ep was a veritable cornucopia of finally-calling-back to old-school sexy events, even lampshading it when he said "I love these mindmeld moments" or something like that.  Even in bed when he said "I've missed this so much" it felt like that was being said for (and by!) the audience!

Heck, even the very opening was a callback -- peeking at each other over their tablets instead of over the evidence letters.  All that was missing was at some point him saying her hair still smelled like cherries, but that would probably be too obvious and too far.  The callbacks that were subtle and sweet were just right.

And again with the opening scene -- 'wanna do... something?' and they both understood that they meant OH THAT -- it's a relief even that they just dealt with that right away, there wasn't a prolonged period of french farce not understanding what the other meant, or getting to the end of the conversation and a scene cut and then the audience finding out they were talking about Scrabble, or them getting all melodramatic and agreeing they weren't ready.  

The COTW was fine -- could have gotten a little more personal, a little more in depth with the characters and their friends, like the olden days.  But on the whole I liked it -- at least I wasn't rolling my eyes the whole time.  Cloaking tech seems like sci fi but it is indeed something being worked on, so I'm fine with a show of fiction having a plot where the tech has been figured out earlier than in real life.  

Oh and I guess I do have one note of sadness -- the bed was so dark when they were making out.  BUT THEY WERE AT LEAST MAKING OUT.  Heh.  

Lot of fun.  Kudos indeed.

• Love 2

We should be getting this every fucking week and nothing less.

Yeah we should, this kind of episode shouldn't be seen as some kind of special treat that I get served up once in a while for being patient and putting up with whatever crap gets pushed my way under the guise of good organic storytelling. 

"You just kind of make nerdy, sexy.", well the Creaseys do but they're about the only ones in that writers room that seem to have a handle how to write both Castle and Beckett and make them appear hot for each other but still keep that quirky, fun vibe at the same time.

For a horrible moment when Castle advanced on Beckett with a gleam in his eye and said he knew of a way to take her mind off the case I thought they were going home to have another game of scrabble. How great is it that having Rick genuinely desiring Beckett makes everything so much better.

Kate getting turned on by Castle being smart and the little looks she gave him now and again, Stana is good at this so much better in this mode than when they have her being badass and vengeful. Castle being smart is HOT not only for Kate but for this viewer. I wish they would remember that and show less of Castle clowning around being a doofus and more of this Castle who is savvy, thinks on his feet, knows when to be serious and when to have fun. I also like it when he can tell the team little things only he would think of which can aid them in moving the case forward - that's after all what he's meant to be there for.

Edited by verdana
  • Love 6

I have to admit it, Fillion was looking pretty fine in this episode. I think he looks way better with his hair shorter. He doesn't have that exhausted look yet, which is a plus. And Luke didn't put him in one ridiculous outfit the entire episode. They even unbuttoned a few buttons in one scene! Can a shirtless scene be far behind? One can hope.

• Love 1

Someone develops a suit that cloaks people to make them invisible? I flat out enjoyed this episode so I'll let it go.

While the technology isn't as refined and capable as the Castle universe made it out to be, DARPA has in fact been working on cloaking devices for years. Some of it is available to military/law enforcement already.

I have to admit it, Fillion was looking pretty fine in this episode. I think he looks way better with his hair shorter. He doesn't have that exhausted look yet, which is a plus. And Luke didn't put him in one ridiculous outfit the entire episode. They even unbuttoned a few buttons in one scene! Can a shirtless scene be far behind? One can hope.

He also seems to be having fun with his trainer, so that probably makes working out more fun. He's noticeably thinner than in the past season +/- half or so.

I liked the cuffed, half-unbuttoned shirt, personally.

At the end when she was threatening to slip into something even better than that outfit, I had flashbacks to the sci fi costume thing.  This was much better.

I was terrified that they were going to end the episode with a stupid creaver-costume ending and was pleasantly surprised that they didn't.

But lord, how fast did she rip her clothes off? Wow.

Edited by McManda

Fantastic work by Creaseys and Kate Woods (she has a knack of bringing out the best comedic moments - think back to Cloudy). Definitely had the feel of the old style Castle that had been missing.

• Love 1

The Security Room? Why do they call it that? "Did it just walk out on its own?" Doesn't Beckett realise by now the precinct is about as safe and secure as Castle's loft? DVDs, case files, people, they all go missing out of there and no one knows what the fuck happened.

Interruptions like the ones we had this episode don't piss me off nearly so much if they feel like they've earned them like the ones did tonight, I was so not expecting that scene of them in bed all over each other, truly a lovely surprise.  It may not seem like a big deal to fans of other shows where physical intimacy is the norm but on this one hell a scene like that is enough to make the earth rotate off its axis. 

The wardrobe/prop people need to get their act together, the engagement ring appears then disappears in the same scene (when they get attacked in the apartment by at the time this unknown force). It can't be that difficult to make sure Stana wears the ring when she's filming.

Martha and the pots and pans, LOL, I do wish we got to see more of Susan than her brief walk on comedy role. Sadly I get to see robotic Tory more often. *sigh* 

I still don't get the bedroom lay out and how lacking in privacy it appears to be, they were about to get it on and yet any one can seemingly walk on through, this time it's Martha looking for dental floss. LOL

I take it back, I said they would never refer back to Ryan and his money woes. Continuity! Ryan has got a second job to help his financial situation.  I want to see inside that strip club though.

Love the little call backs, Beckett blowing hair out of her face in the bedroom in frustration - recalls when she was pushed in the cupboard by Castle in AFS.

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1
Love the little call backs, Beckett blowing hair out of her face in the bedroom in frustration - recalls when she was pushed in the cupboard by Castle in AFS.

There were at least two call backs to AFS - the teaser (watch a movie, etc) and the flicking the hair back (plus Martha interrupting them).

There was probably another couple in there for AFS too. Definitely shall be rewatching this one.

Edited by Nadine

I still don't get the bedroom lay out and how lacking in privacy it appears to be, they were about to get it on and yet any one can seemingly walk on through, this time it's Martha looking for dental floss. LOL

His bedroom has doors - one to the hallway on the left and one into the office right ahead of the bed.

Maybe when they think no one is home Castle and Beckett don't care much about doors? But considering Beckett wasn't all that comfortable with the idea of being watched (there's a sex joke in there somewhere), it seems like shutting the door would be something they'd make happen.

EDIT:

It's just in .gif form, but someone turned the lights on in the bedroom.

Edited by McManda

Thanks McManda for the links. 

Finally got a spot of theorizing banter of a kind, about time, feels like forever since they've done it.

No Alexis. Didn't miss her.

LOTR reference from Henry, Marlowe likes those. It's about as close to Tolkien's  genius as he's ever going to get though.

Jiggy, heh. A bad ass crook who is also gay and it's not treated as an issue. Thank you show.

I must admit I wasn't concentrating that much on the case so apologies in advance if this was way off but I thought the reason the girl killed him was pretty lame. It seemed to boil down to because he used her to get information and then ignored her when he got what he needed. Well if every woman decided to kill a guy for doing that there would be a lot of angry women in jail and dead men littering up the place. 

I love that jacket. Me too. *sigh*  I thought Nathan looked pretty good this episode too.

I loved the moment when Castle figures out how to find the girl at the end with the extinguisher and starts spraying the room and the looks they both exchange - it's like hey we're back guys doing what we do best!  I so missed little moments like this.

My only real gripe about this episode was why is it always Stana who ends up showing skin duirng the rare moments these two get scenes like this? I wish they would not always default to her being the one that has to be in her bra or appear naked. Why not Fillion for a change?

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1
Maybe when they think no one is home Castle and Beckett don't care much about doors? But considering Beckett wasn't all that comfortable with the idea of being watched (there's a sex joke in there somewhere), it seems like shutting the door would be something they'd make happen.

Maybe not, but I'd think when you live with your child (even if she's 20), you would make sure to always close the door.  No one wants to be in that situation. Maybe Martha opened the door cause she thought they weren't home?  I can't believe she would do that, but Pi did it when he KNEW they were home, so who knows?

I take it back, I said they would never refer back to Ryan and his money woes. Continuity! Ryan has got a second job to help his financial situation.  I want to see inside that strip club though.

I gotta say, I don't get why poor Ryan has to take a second job when he already works long hours.  If they need a second income, Jenny should get a job.  Yes, she has a baby but lots of people have to go back to work soon after having a baby.

I loved the moment when Castle figures out how to find the girl at the end with the extinguisher and starts spraying the room and the looks they both exchange - it's like hey we're back guys doing what we do best!  I so missed little moments like this.

I loved that moment, you could see a clear connection between them.

Edited by KaveDweller
  • Love 2

I gotta say, I don't get why poor Ryan has to take a second job when he already works long hours.  If they need a second income, Jenny should get a job.  Yes, she has a baby but lots of people have to go back to work soon after having a baby.

Except a lot of the time the cost of childcare outweighs the benefit of keeping your job. A lot of women I know opted to stay home because they didn't have family/friends to watch their new baby, and a daycare would cost anywhere from $200 to $400 a week per child. Add in the time spent away from your family and the taxes you'd pay on the income (more important if you're married filing joint), oftentimes it's makes more sense to just stay home until the kids hit school despite money being a little tighter.. It's what my mom did, especially when my parents had more than just me.

And this week Ryan seemed to make it sound like that his second job was more for Sarah Grace's future benefit, not an immediate need for money which is sweet, but maybe not immediately necessary.

• Love 1

When the pool house guy said the victim had started going to places in Brooklyn, Beckett said "why did he go UP there."  Does anyone on this show have knowledge about NYC?  Brooklyn would be DOWN.

Castle needs to get a lock for his bedroom door.

I think they need to get a door first because where is it? I need to look at a plan of that bedroom layout again I find it really confusing. 

As for location stuff, they do tend to fall foul of that which is kind of sloppy, you think they'd would know or at least do a bit of research. They did the same in Heartbreak Hotel I seem to recall and the boys trip to Atlantic City. 

Edited by verdana

I think they need to get a door first because where is it? I need to look at a plan of that bedroom layout again I find it really confusing.

You can see the door here and here, though I do think they took it off for this scene of logistical/humor reasons. It's usually there, I swear, but it really doesn't look to be in this episode.

Oh oh, something else.  Technically two more things.

The episode had COMPETANT Castle.  I was sure when he was going to go head to head online with the guy in the game ("Let me slow him down") they were going to get his ass kicked virtually.  Whatever he did worked because they were able to find him at the computer cafe.  AND THEN, he was the one to knock him down (okay it was a little weird for their to be a sword nearby he could grab and connect he took down the king or whatever but I like seeing Nathan holding a sword).

You can see the door here and here, though I do think they took it off for this scene of logistical/humor reasons. It's usually there, I swear, but it really doesn't look to be in this episode.

A door is helpful but LOL can't you see through the walls anyway? I figured Kate would have wanted to cover up those bookcases a long time ago.

Except a lot of the time the cost of childcare outweighs the benefit of keeping your job. A lot of women I know opted to stay home because they didn't have family/friends to watch their new baby, and a daycare would cost anywhere from $200 to $400 a week per child.

I know, but she could get a job opposite Ryan's schedule, so one of them is always home.  It would be hard to work, but it just seems crazy for Ryan to be working that much.  But it's clearly being done for comic relief.

They did the same in Heartbreak Hotel I seem to recall and the boys trip to Atlantic City.

Yes, they did.  Which is why I'm wondering if any of the writers know NYC.  Because anyone who's spent time there would catch that right away.  With all the people who read these scripts, you'd think it would have been picked up on.

But hey, that's basically my only complaint for the episode.  Everything else was great.

Maybe not, but I'd think when you live with your child (even if she's 20), you would make sure to always close the door.  No one wants to be in that situation. Maybe Martha opened the door cause she thought they weren't home?  I can't believe she would do that, but Pi did it when he KNEW they were home, so who knows?

Yeah I thought it was odd Martha wanders in at that time of night into their bedroom, doesn't she have her own bathroom? Wasn't her excuse that she's looking for dental floss or something? Who comes into someone else's bathroom looking for stuff late at night and you have to got through their bedroom to do it? I couldn't help thinking it was odd that they don't have any kind of privacy in the loft, I'd be wanting my own place by now or at least establish some basic ground rules for everyone about knocking first before waltzing in to people's bedrooms. 

Tripp. I adore competent Castle, need to see more of that. 

Also bonus - I don't feel like Nathan felt bored. Maybe that's because the episode was sufficiently geeky to appeal to him, but I thought this one did a good job of balancing the procedural case with the fluffy and the geeky. And they kept up with the idea that Ryan needed/wanted a second job, so that was nice, too.

I've felt at times especially last season that Nathan was less than invested in some episodes but not this time he was fully engaged and seemed to be having fun but the script had the right balance to bring out all the good aspects in the character and Nathan appeared to respond to that and boy what a difference.  I really enjoyed watching this version of Castle, may be getting amnesia wasn't such a bad idea after all. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

And I'll let the Creaseys write all the episodes if they're going to let Castle and Beckett be flirty all episode long - plus, this is the first time that we've seen them in bed? - so bonus points there. Besides that my favorite part was Castle using the random uniform as a resting post when Beckett was teasing him about wearing the Valentine's Day outfit.

The Creaseys have now done two really good episodes in a row, they seem to "get" Castle and Beckett. I don't know if it's because they're married or they do their homework on what the fans want to see and actually listen to that, whatever the reason might be can they please keep writing fun and flirty episodes like this. Pity they only get to do about two outings a season, now if only we could get a run of episodes like this leading up to the wedding and the Christmas hiatus.

It was great for once to see Castle and Beckett using a bed for something other than reading or talking about their issues. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 2
I'd be wanting my own place by now or at least establish some basic ground rules for everyone about knocking first before waltzing in to people's bedrooms.

At least let them go to Beckett's apartment once in awhile, since they insist on keeping the set for it.  And I don't blame them, it is a very nice set, but they aren't using it so what's the point? I would think that they'd naturally head to the place where they know they'll be alone.  I guess if Alexis is still living at the loft Castle would want to show up occasionally though.

• Love 1

I gotta say, I don't get why poor Ryan has to take a second job when he already works long hours.  If they need a second income, Jenny should get a job.  Yes, she has a baby but lots of people have to go back to work soon after having a baby.

I thought Jenny was a teacher? Wouldn't she be on maternity leave? And getting at least a percentage of her usual pay? (In Ontario I believe maternity leave for teachers is about a year at full pay. Not sure about paternity leave.)

Mind you our teachers have a very good union and are well paid.

I think everyone had fun with this episode and it showed.

Castle and Beckett were in sync. All the little smiles, touches and eye contact.

I love the scene with fire extinguisher. When they both look at the glas, then at each other and that little smile because they were thinking the same thing. I bet both Stana and Nathan had fun playing with those things. It at least looked that way to me.

Martha is just hilarious in that scene. I'm not even bothered she interrupted. And I'm not even gonna nitpick that not enough time had past between switching off the lights and Martha walking in or that she for sure must have heard Castle getting all those pots and pans from the kitchen.

I have one nitpick though which only got my attention on second viewing. So it doesn't really count for this episode but seriously have Beckett either wear the freaking ring the entire time or not at all.

Miss Invisible is choking her and you clearly see the ring. By the end of the scene when she helds up that card chain, it's gone.

Same in the precinct. Close up on the hand, you see the ring. Next cut from further away and it's gone.

Castle Recap: Not Seeing Is Believing by Matt at TV Line.

So we’ve moved on — mostly, save for a light-hearted reference here and there — from Rick’s Great Amnesic Mystery, and it feels good. I’m certain they’ll circle back to it at some point(s), just as the Johanna Beckett Mythology popped up now and again. But short of doling out meaningful answers, which they are in no rush to do, it’s best if we just jump back into fun cases.

Have to agree with Matt above, whilst I dislike the fact Castle is always so slap dash with continuity, in this case I'm glad they've put it on the back burner. Mainly because I couldn't care less about the mythology as presented to me so far which feels forced and places unnecessary burdens on the characters and the show so I'm all for them forgetting about it for as long as possible. Matt's right they clearly have zero intention of giving out any answers for a good while yet.  I know it's going to come back to haunt me eventually though. 

Some tweets from Dara tonight:

Dara Creasey @DaraCreasey  ·  3 hrs 3 hours ago
Those last couple #Castle lines were @NathanFillion ad-libs

Dara Creasey @DaraCreasey  ·  4 hrs 4 hours ago
“@L_Peckham: @DaraCreasey how do you even come up with this stuff?!” All the @castle_writers come up with it together. #teamwork #Castle

What gets me about that last response is if it's a collaborative effort which is what she appears to be suggesting then why don't we get more consistency in the quality of the episodes and Castle and Beckett interaction? I find the episodes vary wildly from writer to writer.

I loved this moment and their reactions, they looked like they were having so much fun. 

BUT THANK YOU JESUS FOR THAT BLACK LEATHER JACKET ON NATHAN.  It looked great on him.

It's not Jesus you need to thank but this guy...for once.

Luke Reichle @RedCarpetLuke  ·  35m 35 minutes ago
Glad you like @NathanFillion jacket.  It's coated linen.  It was, like, a billion degrees in August and I wanted a leather look only cooler.

Edited by verdana

That site that McManda link to has a floorplan too. The ensuite area is all wrong tho. There should be 2 doors on the bedroom side with the closet on the window/main floor hall for the building, a wall to separate that alcove/hallway that leads to the closed glass double doors you always see next to the main door. Castle shoo Beckett into the closet in After the Storm and you can see the double glass doors behind Martha since the other door is open. You can also see the closed double doors in A Murder is Forever cause once again the bedroom door is open to that alcove/hallway. Last ep Martha was coming from that alcove under the stairs. I wonder what's over there cause it makes no sense since the building hallway wraps around in Love Me Dead and Hunt.

At least let them go to Beckett's apartment once in awhile, since they insist on keeping the set for it.  And I don't blame them, it is a very nice set, but they aren't using it so what's the point?

I rather they just get rid of that set and build a master bathroom. They can change up the Caskett scenes with them brushing their teeth, Castle surprising Beckett with candle lit bubble bath then probably cut to black or something.

This was a great episode. We had them in sync, theory building, teasing, bantering, and some continuity with Ryan. What would have been even more hilarious if Ryan was a bouncer at The Package Store. Even Espo seemed like his old self with the Ryan teasing. The wardrobe was good too and they remember that Alexis should be in class and studying elsewhere. Nathan look more into this ep with his gaming background and of course the zombie apocalypse training camp. I think the Creaseys totally watched Nathan on The Talking Dead last yr or spent a lot of time talking to him cause he thinks about it all the time lol. I think they must be watching old eps cause they got a lot of their vibe back. TPW, Hanning and The Creaseys should be writing most of the eps. Plus we actually got some music for the makeout scene that sounds like similar to the music on Suits. Somebody Like You by AM & Shawn Lee is the song.

I wish they would turn the lights on in the precinct cause it super dark with those harsh shadows. The dark blue part of the walls in the box are looking dark grey or even black at times. If they can't even get the engagement ring continuity right, I am wondering if they will able to get the wedding ones one right in future eps.

Edited by turnitwayup

What were the last lines in the episode? I know she was naked, but that's about all.

A part of me thinks Dara's being a bit modest. I'm sure there is some collaboration in the writers room, but I know for a fact that The Hack writes his script disasters by himself or with Terri only. Somehow that fool is above collaboration. Yet the writers who seem to really "get" Caskett, much more than the show runner and creator need handholding. Give me a break. Here's a news flash folks: MilMarMann your episodes sucked. The Creasy's should get script approval for every episode and get their own show. If ABC is smart they'll take notice.

Elysium. Nathan's last lines were:

"Is the something special I got you for Valentine's Day? I approve."

turnitwayup. Thanks for the details on that floorplan and for the pictures McManda. 

I do love the loft and and the overall look of it but I think I'd be doing something different with the bedroom arrangements. If I had the odd ten (?} million sitting around to spend on a place like that of course. 

Edited by verdana

What were the last lines in the episode? I know she was naked, but that's about all.

A part of me thinks Dara's being a bit modest. I'm sure there is some collaboration in the writers room, but I know for a fact that The Hack writes his script disasters by himself or with Terri only. Somehow that fool is above collaboration. Yet the writers who seem to really "get" Caskett, much more than the show runner and creator need handholding. Give me a break. Here's a news flash folks: MilMarMann your episodes sucked. The Creasy's should get script approval for every episode and get their own show. If ABC is smart they'll take notice.

Do you mean the ad libbed lines Dara was referring to? I think she meant the end of the scene when Castle tells Beckett not to answer the phone and it's Lanie. But it was kind of hard to keep up on Twitter.

If that's the scene, I don't know what was said before the last line, but I think the last thing he said was a frustrated "Lanie!"

Do you mean the ad libbed lines Dara was referring to? I think she meant the end of the scene when Castle tells Beckett not to answer the phone and it's Lanie. But it was kind of hard to keep up on Twitter.

If that's the scene, I don't know what was said before the last line, but I think the last thing he said was a frustrated "Lanie!"

Okay that makes more sense than the last actual lines of the episode.  The way Dara tweeted about one scene in the precinct makes me wonder if that was Stana and Nathan's choice (to play it like foreplay) and not in the script. 

Edited by verdana

Loved Castle's response to Espo at the end on what he'd do if he was invisible, "Be a fly on the wall, see what Beckett's dad really thinks of me."

Oh to see more of that relationship.

Edited by rspad
  • Love 2

It's not just that these two wanted to tear each other's clothes off during the sexy scenes, it's that they BUILT UP to it. The chemistry was there. The non-verbal communication. The way they were in sync. That's why the sexy times scenes worked so well. THAT is what has been missing and why a lot of us have been saying it's not about the actual sex/kissing but about the stuff that leads up to it that makes them want to kiss each other.

That was the big difference and key for making this episode so enjoyable, everything felt natural there was nothing awkward or forced about their interactions. The actual kissing and bedroom action (I was almost shocked out my shoes when that happened mid episode!) was icing on the cake. Castle and Beckett for once didn't feel as if they were being hampered continually by the writers hesitancy which often ruin any so called "romantic" moments or "hot" scenes for me.  The Creaseys seem relaxed and confident about what they're doing when it comes to portraying them as a couple - they let them have their moment - be it teasing banter, shared looks, smiles, actual eye contact (something so simple which they get wrong time and time again) and also how they touch each other.

On too many occasions there's been something that blighted what could have been a satisfying moment between this couple but not this episode, even the interruptions worked and I usually hate them with a boiling passion but this time they gave you something to enjoy instead of giving me the old bait and switch routine. 

• Love 2

Loved Castle's response to Espo at the end on what he'd do if he was invisible, "Be a fly on the walk, see what Beckett's dad really thinks of me."

Oh to see more of that relationship.

Loved that comment. Now if someone can send the SOS to Papa Beckett it'd be great.

That was the big difference and key for making this episode so enjoyable, everything felt natural there was nothing awkward or forced about their interactions. The actual kissing and bedroom action (I was almost shocked out my shoes when that happened mid episode!) was icing on the cake.

Same here and it seems like everyone had almost the same reaction: 1. WTF and 2. FINALLY!

I had to keep myself in check or I would have woken up my neighbors.

• Love 1

In terms of the mid-episode part. That's twice now in a Creaseys episode that mid-episode they've had them at home in the loft (we had in SLTS the wedding song list at dinner) and now in this one the makeout scene.

I think the inconsistency regarding the ring is because when they film close-ups of Beckett's hand, it's not Stana's. When they're in bed in that scene and she puts a hand on Castle's cheek, you can see that her nails are shorter and more round, yet in the close ups her nails are square. So I don't think Stana actually wore the ring in the making of this episode at all. It's the hand-model that wears the ring in the close-ups.

I think this episode just made it on my top ten list. To say I was surprised that we got a scene like that - and in the middle of the episode - is an understatement. I almost dropped my laptop, LOL. And I liked the interruptions; they were very plausible and not over-done and cheap.

I'm wondering if the Creaseys write Castle & Beckett together so well because they're married and working on the script together and only just recently joined the team? 

While the technology isn't as refined and capable as the Castle universe made it out to be, DARPA has in fact been working on cloaking devices for years. Some of it is available to military/law enforcement already.

...He's noticeably thinner than in the past season +/- half or so

Thank you for confirming both of these. I was wondering. Specifically, his face seemed less puffy, which is great when he does those expressive looks, like: Really?

...I thought Jenny was a teacher? Wouldn't she be on maternity leave? And getting at least a percentage of her usual pay? (In Ontario I believe maternity leave for teachers is about a year at full pay....Mind you our teachers have a very good union and are well paid.

I think most U.S. teachers do have unions--they're currently on strike in a neighboring community. But the faculty at the college where I work just get 3 months paid maternity leave, or they can take 6 months at half pay. And then they only hire the equivalent of half a person to fill in, so the coworkers have to work extra, but if they're hoping peer pressure will stop people from having babies, it's not working very well.

But the faculty at the college where I work just get 3 months paid maternity leave, or they can take 6 months at half pay

And getting three months is lucky. It may be standard for teachers, but other professions don't always offer this.

ore round, yet in the close ups her nails are square. So I don't think Stana actually wore the ring in the making of this episode at all. It's the hand-model that wears the ring in the close-ups.

She did have it on in some of her non close up scenes, but I'm guessing not that one. Maybe that was when they were cleaning it.

• Love 1

I'm wondering if the Creaseys write Castle & Beckett together so well because they're married and working on the script together and only just recently joined the team? 

I'd be rather embarrassed if I was Marlowe and Terri, they can't have been blind to the wide criticism (at least on line) of 6.29 and their outing prior to that wasn't that wonderful and Marlowe's solo efforts have been getting worse, Watershed being a prime example. Always and TLOO must seem a long time ago now. Yet whilst MilMar can't seemingly get their act together here come the Creaseys to show them how it's done, they seem to know the characters infinitely better than the creator and his muse. May be they're don't care as long the show stays successful and keeps them wealthy but it must dent their egos a little

Edited by verdana