Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: Pack Your Bags And Get Out!

• Start Topic

The manzo's in fighting makes me a little sad. They used to get along fine! I'm also sad I don't know what happened to cause it. I thought Dina's Caroline digs were more affectionate than anything else but I guess it's odd to joke about Caro if you're not even speaking

• Love 1

"Again, I just feel like I got the shit end of the stick." - Amber

Yeah, it's called your husband.

Every single thing I ever need to know about those two comes down to how Amber was holding her fork while eating her eggs. Like an uneducated, uncultured pig.

For me, the way people handle their utensils speaks volumes about their character and consideration. My stepson handles chopsticks with more grace and he doesn't pretend to be of a certain stature.

Genuinely curious -- how is one supposed to hold utensils? In the past if the food is transferred from hand to mouth I've considered it a success. Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 2

Where did Amber get the cigarette? If she doesn't smoke she wouldn't be carrying them in her purse and I didn't think the other cast members smoked, exception being the guys and cigars. The twins do look like smokers though, maybe she got it from one of them? I'm not buying the whole Amber "I"m so upset I have to smoke a cigarette. I haven't smoked since I've had The Cancer!" (Yet ANOTHER way to remind us, just in case we forgot, that she had The Cancer). She's either been smoking all along or planned out this little scene and had a ciggy at the ready in her purse and "fake smoked" on camera. If she hadn't been smoking for awhile she would have gotten sick from that cigarette. I used to smoke, quit for several years, then one night when with a smoker friend I bummed a smoke from her. I got three drags in and was dizzy, nauseaous, and threw up. No way she wouldn't have turned green and been sick as hell if she hadn't had a smoke in 5 years.

Both of the twins smoke. We heard Nicole say she was going to take a cigarette break when we saw her at work that one day, then Teresa said that Amber took her cigarette right out of her hand to smoke it. 

I fail to see any connection between how one holds a fork or knife with the person's character. Makes no sense.  Many people are simply not taught these things in childhood.

Character, no.  Class?  Yes.  Amber came into the show flaunting that she went to college while Melissa decided to be a trophy wife.  At some point once you're a teen you can pick up basic table manners just by observing the social norms around you (even on tv).  Yes, your parents should have taught you.  However, if you're still holding your silverware in fists when you're old and rich enough to dine in public, it's on you.  

• Love 3

^^ LOL, I didn't notice Amber and her fork in the dinner scene, I'll have to re-watch. Do you mean she was all stabby with it?   I'm surprised Jim wouldn't have corrected her by now...I mean, their family dinners are so special and Cleaver-ish. ~eyeroll~

Also, I didn't understand what Amber was getting at, since Melissa did go to college. Maybe she didn't go on to master in Gym Class Hero at Columbia, but it wasn't like she snagged Joe at 18. 

Edited by diorella78
  • Love 1

Character, no.  Class?  Yes.  Amber came into the show flaunting that she went to college while Melissa decided to be a trophy wife.  At some point once you're a teen you can pick up basic table manners just by observing the social norms around you (even on tv).  Yes, your parents should have taught you.  However, if you're still holding your silverware in fists when you're old and rich enough to dine in public, it's on you.  

ok...I really don't expect anything much in the way of social graces, manners, etc. from this bunch...I think one is taught "class" by example from parents.  I've never expected much from any of the  New Jersey people

^^ LOL, I didn't notice Amber and her fork in the dinner scene, I'll have to re-watch. Do you mean she was all stabby with it?   I'm surprised Jim wouldn't have corrected her by now...I mean, their family dinners are so special and Cleaver-ish. ~eyeroll~

Also, I didn't understand what Amber was getting at, since Melissa did go to college. Maybe she didn't go on to master in Gym Class Hero at Columbia, but it wasn't like she snagged Joe at 18.

And Amber doesn't seem to actually work, does she? I can't remember what she got her masters in, but she seems to be exactly the kind of stay-at-home housewive she was deriding Melissa for wanting to be.  Not to mention it's ridiculous to put someone down for that, because being a mother is incredibly demanding. But she married Jim to have that lifestyle too. Well I shouldn't expect her to make too much sense.

Dina's turn at getting twatted by Jim:

http://www.allabouttrh.com/jim-marchese-slams-dina-manzo-2/

What a guy.

That site might as well be run by Jim. I guess he's the only one who they can get as a source, but come on.

Edited by racked
  • Love 2

Amber is an actress, known for her hair flip and wooden delivery.  She has appeared in such critically unnoticed projects as commercials for Jim's business and more commercials for Jim's business and even more commercials for Jim's business.  

• Love 9

And Amber doesn't seem to actually work, does she? I can't remember what she got her masters in, but she seems to be exactly the kind of stay-at-home housewive she was deriding Melissa for wanting to be.  Not to mention it's ridiculous to put someone down for that, because being a mother is incredibly demanding. But she married Jim to have that lifestyle too. Well I shouldn't expect her to make too much sense.

That site might as well be run by Jim. I guess he's the only one who they can get as a source, but come on.

I think it was Exercise Science. Some old interview with her (when she was a "fitness model"/bodybuilder) stated she nixed getting her PhD......ok. lol. No wonder she and Jim were a match...both like touting their non-achievements.  

Edited by diorella78
  • Love 4

Duplicate

Edited by zoeysmom

Didn't Melissa go to college for teaching? I've heard Joe claim during stripper-gate that she was a teacher when they met, but since then I've come to think she was student teaching, given other statements and timelines. It seems like she was on her way to being a teacher, but met Joe and didn't follow through. Amber would not be on this show if not for her Melissa connection nor does it seem like she held a high-powered job leading up to the show, she has no room to judge Melissa.

Since when is Ashlee a make-up artist? I know she's done art/graphic design stuff but never have I heard anything about make-up. Maybe Bravo asked Lauren, mistakeningly under the impression she actually works as one, and Lauren sent her in her place. The fact that Ashlee was hire doesn't seem like Dina has too much "power", there's been so much talk Dina banned Caroline and Jaq from HW but lately Jaq has been on and Dina isn't going around complaining.  I've always believed the problem between Chris/Caroline/Dina is called Jaqueline. She seemed to have forced Danielle into their lives, and probably told Danielle too much information, and Caroline taking Chris/Jaq's side in the end over Dina's is a mix of Caroline's obvious bias with the male family members over female, and Caroline perhaps having a different standard of actions she judges Jaqueline by because Jaqueline might actually have issues, mentally or addictive, so she gets away with more than the likes of Dina who is more "in control."  Since the public really does not know for a fact exactly what is going on with them, it did bother me Chris Laurita went on at one of the reunions saying it was all Teresa's fault Dina doesn't speak to them, because if I were Dina, I'd take that as a declaration of him saying she can't think for herself and that any issues she might have with her siblings are not valid at all, it's just Evil Teresa making trouble.  

• Love 1
ve always believed the problem between Chris/Caroline/Dina is called Jaqueline. She seemed to have forced Danielle into their lives, and probably told Danielle too much information, and Caroline taking Chris/Jaq's side in the end over Dina's is a mix of Caroline's obvious bias with the male family members over female, and Caroline perhaps having a different standard of actions she judges Jaqueline by because Jaqueline might actually have issues, mentally or addictive, so she gets away with more than the likes of Dina who is more "in control."

Oh, I've always believed that too. I always thought Jacq played both sides of the fence with Danielle, almost to dangerous levels, IMO. On one hand, I've wanted to lie Jacqueline...she can be light and fun etc...OTOH, I think she's a shit stirring bitch who has had major issues with the fact she was young mom, and a lot of Ashley/Ashlee's problems were due to her inept parenting. Then when she was a non-stop tweeter, not unlike Jim Marcrazy. 

• Love 1

Oh, I've always believed that too. I always thought Jacq played both sides of the fence with Danielle, almost to dangerous levels, IMO. On one hand, I've wanted to lie Jacqueline...she can be light and fun etc...OTOH, I think she's a shit stirring bitch who has had major issues with the fact she was young mom, and a lot of Ashley/Ashlee's problems were due to her inept parenting. Then when she was a non-stop tweeter, not unlike Jim Marcrazy. 

I think Jax has a drinking problem, and is a very immature adult who is perhaps not dealing with her son's autism....not to mention the financial problems she and Chris are involved with....although somehow, we've heard very little about those financial woes, but we know a good bit about Teresa and Joe's.   

Edited by tulip555
  • Love 3

I think Jax has a drinking problem, and is a very immature adult who is perhaps not dealing with her son's autism....not to mention the financial problems she and Chris are involved with....although somehow, we've heard very little about those financial woes, but we know a good bit about Teresa and Joe's.   

There are lots of reasons we haven't heard as much about Jac and Chris's issues, the first reason probably being they are very different.  Other than that, you have the fact that the Laurita's were smart enough to not talk about their problems off camera at all. When pushed they would answer a question, but that is when it stopped. She wasn't inviting the In Touch Magazine crew over to the house every single week to make money off an article about all of their problems, although I am sure they could have used the money. Teresa was talking about her problems, fears, and possible outcomes with anyone who would listen, save for the Reality Show that was paying her.

Then of course you have the fact that the G's were indicted on 41 counts by the Federal Government. I am not sure exactly what the Laurita's have done (I know what some folks say they have done), but to my knowledge this has not yet happened to them. If and when it does, and they pretend to be shocked because they've done nothing wrong, I think we will hear plenty about it. 

• Love 4

There are lots of reasons we haven't heard as much about Jac and Chris's issues, the first reason probably being they are very different.  Other than that, you have the fact that the Laurita's were smart enough to not talk about their problems off camera at all. When pushed they would answer a question, but that is when it stopped. She wasn't inviting the In Touch Magazine crew over to the house every single week to make money off an article about all of their problems, although I am sure they could have used the money. Teresa was talking about her problems, fears, and possible outcomes with anyone who would listen, save for the Reality Show that was paying her.

Then of course you have the fact that the G's were indicted on 41 counts by the Federal Government. I am not sure exactly what the Laurita's have done (I know what some folks say they have done), but to my knowledge this has not yet happened to them. If and when it does, and they pretend to be shocked because they've done nothing wrong, I think we will hear plenty about it. 

Essentially, Chris and his brother owned a corporation that had about $250 million in revenues during its lifespan of about five years.  The company was forced into BK, which was later converted to a Chapter 11.  In 2011 the Chapter was closed and the debts were discharged.  Creditors filed an adversarial action against Chris and his brother and their wives and three other guys.  The creditors claim while the company was operating "The Lauritas" lived spent money on 11 leased luxury vehicles, chartered airplanes and credit card charges.  They are also accused with the  transfer of a licensing agreement (along with  the other three guys) and retaining the proceeds of the sale.  The actions are seeking the return of $8 million dollars associated with the expenses.  About three weeks ago Chris' brother and his wife settled for $1 million.

The big difference between the Giudices and the Lauritas is Lauritas actually earned the money and didn't commit fraud to start their companies.  There are no criminal charges pending in the Laurita matter it is purely civil.  So there will be no big indictment surprise.  I am guessing that if Chris and Jac don't settle they will be forced into personal bankruptcy.  I don't really think they have the money to settle.

Jacqueline has answered questions in the past-it is just fairly complex litigation and for most tabloid writers they hung up on the fact when the company went under there was a pledge made to Susan G. Komen to pay a percentage off of certain garments sold.  This has become the Lauritas stole from a cancer charity claim.  This is essentially not true.  Susan G. Komen never paid any money so they were never out of pocket.  Even if the Lauritas company had wanted to pay the charity they are barred by the rule of "preferential creditors".  Whatever was salvaged from the company will be distributed to all creditors.  Usually unsecured creditors get zip. 

Personally, I think Jacqueline should go for the big pay day and discuss her relationship with Teresa Seasons 1,2,3,4 and 5.  Teresa's excuse was always she needed the money so she would throw anyone she wanted under the bus.  I would like to read about what those two talked about off camera.

• Love 9

Creditors filed an adversarial action against Chris and his brother and their wives and three other guys.  The creditors claim while the company was operating "The Lauritas" lived spent money on 11 leased luxury vehicles, chartered airplanes and credit card charges.  They are also accused with the  transfer of a licensing agreement (along with  the other three guys) and retaining the proceeds of the sale.  The actions are seeking the return of $8 million dollars associated with the expenses.  About three weeks ago Chris' brother and his wife settled for $1 million.

The big difference between the Giudices and the Lauritas is Lauritas actually earned the money and didn't commit fraud to start their companies.  There are no criminal charges pending in the Laurita matter it is purely civil.  So there will be no big indictment surprise.  I am guessing that if Chris and Jac don't settle they will be forced into personal bankruptcy.  I don't really think they have the money to settle.

Jacqueline has answered questions in the past-it is just fairly complex litigation and for most tabloid writers they hung up on the fact when the company went under there was a pledge made to Susan G. Komen to pay a percentage off of certain garments sold.  This has become the Lauritas stole from a cancer charity claim.  This is essentially not true.  Susan G. Komen never paid any money so they were never out of pocket.  Even if the Lauritas company had wanted to pay the charity they are barred by the rule of "preferential creditors".  Whatever was salvaged from the company will be distributed to all creditors.  Usually unsecured creditors get zip.

If the Lauritas made a pledge to pay a % of sales to a cancer charity, then kept the money to pay for the personal expenses listed above to my mind that is stealing from a cancer charity! I  have the same problem with the Lauritas as I would the Guidices if their bankruptcy hadn't turned into so much more - people spending money that is not theirs to spend. The money the Lauritas pulled out of the business was not their personal bank account. They stole from a business, even if it was partly theirs. There are two piles of money, their money and the business' money. As business owners they should know that. They had an obligation to pay their creditors first before pulling out money for their own personal use. IMO, in this aspect, the BK one, they are no better than the Guidices. I wonder if te Guidices hadn't gotten busted for the BK fraud if the Lauritas wouldn;t have tried to pull a similar scam. I always wonder if that wasn;t part of the reason Jac was always nagging at Tre for details of her situation - to find out how much trouble the Guidices were really in and how she and Chris could scam without getting caught.

• Love 3
And I find it funny as all hell that we (the viewers) were never told why the songbird Melissa stopped following her singing, and I say this jokingly, "career". The min that she saw that she would actually have to work for what she wanted--she's out. Sure, she's pretty. Sure she can sing.  But you have to have a work ethic and all she wants is fame and fortune with no drive. It doesn't work like that. At least not for the long run. 

With all due respect, I do not think that her singing is that great.  LOL.

Other than that, I agree with this. :)

I noticed when Amber was crying to Jim about how badly things turned out on the trip she said it was supposed to a fun time, be a trip to celebrate her good test results being cancer free. Wasn't this trip originally supposed to be a "support Tre in her time of need" friendship trip with the women? I guess Amber couldn't resist making it once again all about her and The Cancer.

That was the original reason but didn't everyone have his or her own reason for wanting to go anyway?  I don't fault Amber on this.

• Love 1

happykitteh, on 06 Oct 2014 - 6:25 PM, said:

I noticed when Amber was crying to Jim about how badly things turned out on the trip she said it was supposed to a fun time, be a trip to celebrate her good test results being cancer free. Wasn't this trip originally supposed to be a "support Tre in her time of need" friendship trip with the women? I guess Amber couldn't resist making it once again all about her and The Cancer.

That was the original reason but didn't everyone have his or her own reason for wanting to go anyway?  I don't fault Amber on this.

The impression I got was that Amber was saying ALL THE WOMEN on the trip were there to celebrate her cancer test results, that the trip was planned for her, not that it was HER personal reason for going. YYMV.

The impression I got was that Amber was saying ALL THE WOMEN on the trip were there to celebrate her cancer test results, that the trip was planned for her, not that it was HER personal reason for going. YYMV.

I heard this too. It almost sounded like she expected a banner, like Aviva.

• Love 4

OK, well that was not the impression I got.

• Love 2