Type keyword(s) to search

Season 6 Speculation and Spoilers

Monty
  • Start Topic

Unless this interview is all lies, the entire show's being shaken up next season, so instead of being an office-based spy show, it'll be a show about a wanna-be drug cartel. But with all the same characters. And Cheryl is becoming a country music star because there's no office for her to be a secretary in anymore.

I'm willing to believe that they'd get bored after five seasons and want to change things up so they're unrecognizable. But I'm also willing to believe that they'd just lie a lot in an interview, so I'm torn.

Maybe it's just a drug cartel stint for an episode or two?  Which will then be revealed to be an ISIS plan?

That's my feeling too. They've done these kinds of things for short arcs, but I can't imagine that they would completely uplift the show. 

I wrote a version of this in an episode thread.  But I think I wish they had spoofed a different genre altogether.  Archer Vice feels a little on the nose.  Maybe put the show in a Real Housewives situation or a Survivor/American Idol situation or a TV sitcom situation or something like that.

I have no clue what's in store for season six, but if they could kill Pam, I'd be very happy. I'm rewatching season five at the moment, and she is absolutely terrible. Just grating and annoying, and whenever she does something truly, idiotically heinous, I find myself saying, "just shoot her!"  

The coke gag got old after about ten minutes, yet they just kept it going all season, and she just got stupider and stupider, and more irritating, to the point where she actually came close to ruining the season. As I said, I'm rewatching it and there is some really funny stuff, but it just gets soured whenever Pam appears.

My favourite moment so far: "Oh, eat a dick, jungle!"

I have no clue what's in store for season six, but if they could kill Pam, I'd be very happy. I'm rewatching season five at the moment, and she is absolutely terrible. Just grating and annoying, and whenever she does something truly, idiotically heinous, I find myself saying, "just shoot her!"  

The coke gag got old after about ten minutes, yet they just kept it going all season, and she just got stupider and stupider, and more irritating, to the point where she actually came close to ruining the season. As I said, I'm rewatching it and there is some really funny stuff, but it just gets soured whenever Pam appears.

My favourite moment so far: "Oh, eat a dick, jungle!"

Honestly, I like Pam and I hope that she sticks around. Yeah, her coke fueled scenes, back in Season 5, got to the point of pretty tiresome but, with a character like Pam (who is now off the coke) you can always bring some crazy shit  and bam, it makes sense....because its Pam (or Krieger). Can anyone see Cheryl hanging out with Yakuza or doing FIght Club -esque  fights for money?

• Love 1

If she was the Pam from seasons 1 to 4, I agree. If she's the Pam from season 5, she is terrible and needs to go away forever. Cheryl was more useful in season 5 than Pam was.

From what I have heard about Season 6, I think we don't need to worry because we are getting everything to be resetted to the same pre-Season 5 Archer (well, except for Lana's and Archer's baby). 

Stupid question: given real-life events, would ISIS undergo a name change?

For the record, I'd want Pam to live, if only to see an episode on the Poovey family dairy. I hope to find out more when I try to hit the Archer panel at NYCC. I managed to get in last year to see the first episode of the "Vice" season. Oh, and I got an ARCHER wool hat, which (sadly) didn't fit me.

Stupid question: given real-life events, would ISIS undergo a name change?

For the record, I'd want Pam to live, if only to see an episode on the Poovey family dairy. I hope to find out more when I try to hit the Archer panel at NYCC. I managed to get in last year to see the first episode of the "Vice" season. Oh, and I got an ARCHER wool hat, which (sadly) didn't fit me.

Would they have time, in real life, to add the (irl) ISIS jokes?

As with the Poovey family, I have heard that they are going to have an episode with Pam's sister. 

We have some new characters coming in, too. We’re going to meet Pam’s sister, who will be voiced by Allison Tolman from Fargo

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/08/05/archer-creator-adam-reed-on-vice-season-6-s-unreboot-and-new-characters.html

Edited by TVSpectator

You know, I'd really like to meet Lana's family, more than any of those we've already met. The episode with Cyril's brother was a drag, and while Cheryl's brother was amusing (and his girlfriend was Kristen Schaal), that story really only took off when they got to the wacky SeaLab captain.

Does Lana have siblings? What are her parents like? I'd hope that, given she and Archer are about to be parents, there would be some sort of familial reveals.

I did wonder about the ISIS condundrum, actually. It's awkward and given the real life groups disgusting brutality, I could understand if they decided to change the name in the show. But I think they should be able to make a joke about it and then move on.