Type keyword(s) to search

The Gang In Other Roles

• Start Topic

My apologies if this isn't the proper place for posting this, but I just realized it and had to share:

On the Breaking Bad episode called "One Minute," no other than Ryan McPoyle was selling kevlar vests to les cousines dangereaux.  It took me a second to recognize him, then I laughed and laughed. 

• Love 1

I just starting watching It's Always Sunny so I didn't realize who Glenn Howerton was when he played Cliff on The Mindy Project. Now I'm in the know and I loved seeing Rob McElhenney on TMP a few weeks ago and Kaitlin Olson on New Girl.

Basically a repost of something I'd mentioned on another thread:  While (re)watching "Breaking Bad" recently, our own dear Nate Mooney (Ryan McPoyle) was the guy selling kevlar vests to les cousines dangereaux in the episode "One Minute."

• Love 1
7 hours ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

So Kaitlin Olson is staring in a new comedy on Fox, The Mick

http://www.avclub.com/article/its-always-sunnys-kaitlin-olson-star-new-pilot-fox-233171

"hopefully, the strain of keeping track of which bitter monster she’s playing at any moment won’t bleed into her regular life, or her upcoming role in Pixar’s Finding Dory (even though hearing an adorable tortoise or shrimp scream out “I will eat your babies, bitch!” would honestly be kind of great)."

lol

• Love 1

I'm sure you all know this, but in the interest of completionism Liam McPoyle/Jimmi Simpson had/has a major role in the HBO show "Westworld" (probably the reason he didn't/couldn't appear in the season 11 "Trial of the Century" episode).

• Love 1
On 1/11/2017 at 7:11 PM, hincandenza said:

I'm sure you all know this, but in the interest of completionism Liam McPoyle/Jimmi Simpson had/has a major role in the HBO show "Westworld" (probably the reason he didn't/couldn't appear in the season 11 "Trial of the Century" episode).

On 2/1/2017 at 5:52 AM, DrSpaceman73 said:

Just started watching Westworld.  I'm behind the times.  Jimmi Simpson does a nice job on there in an obviously very different role. 

I believe he was on an episode of This is US last month as well. 

It's been some time now since I watched Westworld's 1st episode but seeing a McPoyle in it PLUS a mysterious bodily fluid that looked suspiciously like room-temperature milk remains my most vivid impression of the show.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, heavysnaxx said:

It's been some time now since I watched Westworld's 1st episode but seeing a McPoyle in it PLUS a mysterious bodily fluid that looked suspiciously like room-temperature milk remains my most vivid impression of the show.

Yes it was funny that milk seems to play a big role in Westworld with the robots going nuts

I am only 3 episodes in though, not sure how it turns out

The Mick is easily one of the best new shows hands down. Kaitlin Olson is very much like her 'Sweet Dee' character, but taken to a higher, and funnier level. The entire cast is really good and the show itself is hillarious and creatively written. This will be the next big thing! I'v already liked all of the Facebook character pages and those are great too! Lol

Edited by Kennyd203
  • Love 1

Never knew Glenn was in ER, the Golden God of emergency medicine.

I remember Jimmi Simpson doing a lot of guest roles, first seen him on 24 as part of Wald's crew.

And Rob was sooo Mac on Lost. 

Edited by Beroglide

So AP Bio has been cancelled

That and The Mick being cancelled after last year (which upset me more, really liked that show) means all of the gang should be able to focus on the next season

• Love 2

The link I have for the Variety article listed in this Instagram will not load, even after turning off my ad-blocker. I don't know if it is getting hung up for some reason or removed to correct the information in this post, but decided not to wait to post this.

Charlie Day is making his director debut in a film and Variety posted an article about using offensive terms resulting in Marlee Matlin calling them out about it.

This isn't another role but it also isn't media or worth starting a new thread, so I'm posting here as the best place for it.

Today I learned that Rob has ownership interest in Wrexham Football Club

[Dennis' voice] YOU FOOL!!!

If I had disposable income, I wouldn't buy interest in a sports team, I'd build a submarine to find the [thoroughly debunked] Lock Ness Monster, Lost City of Atlantis, Little Mermaid Castle of penii, etc. 

Just kidding. I'd build a Scrooge McDuck vault and swim through my riches like a normal person.

The reason I found this though, is because I read that Rob said Betty White was making an appearance on the show. I read through both his Twitter and Instagram posts and could only find him wishing her Happy Birthday. Many people are suggesting it, but I didn't see a response from him saying it was happening, which is what was being reported.

It's probably for the best that this doesn't happen, though. Betty White, as herself, reading Danny Devito, as Frank, for filth would leave no where to go but down and the outtakes and behind the scenes clips would break the internet.