Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Full Metal Zombie

The heroes have to deal with a zombie army.

Only problem -- they don't actually encounter a zombie army, more like dead army guys who are now zombies.

I actually laughed a couple of times this episode, but come on -- the Amish zombies still had their hats on ?

The sequence at the beginning where everyone who boosted the group's truck ended up dead or as zombie chow was funny.

That family of 4 was really had their shit together, especially the kids.

I still don't understand why those 5 guys were doing on their knees beside the truck if the group of highwaymen had the drop on the family.

The scene with all of them piled into the VW bug going about 15-20 miles an hour was pretty hilarious.

10K's shoulder pads are made of boot soles -- which is kind of cool -- but his backstory definitely confirmed that he wasn't former military.  He is a hell of a shot though.

Who knew they had ultra hi-res video cameras at drive-thrus ?  One minor nitpick -- after the truck drove off with the satellite dish, Citizen Z was still able to see the video feed of the zombies on his console (whoops !)

Speaking of Citizen Z, he's starting to lose it -- going all schmoopy over Addie Carver, to the point that he's constructing two sided IM chats with himself as her.  Next thing you know, he's going to be dressing up the dog and having dinner dates.

Doc in the air duct with the zombie was funny, especially as he was trying to get the zombie stoned (do zombies inhale ?).

So, were there only 2 humans in the building -- the guard and General McCandles ?  If that was a planned Infection control center (complete with signs on the way in), why was it located in a building that was obviously under construction ? Of course General McCandles was nuts.

When 10K was aiming at the zombie through the scope, the bullet appeared to strike the fence several feet to the left of the crosshairs in his scope -- how is he able to hit anything if the scope is that far off ?  And then after the flashback, he looks through the scope again and kills the zombie, only the crosshairs are high and to the left of where the bullet hits the zombie.  Have the rules of physics changed in the zombie apocalypse ?

That huge zombie they encountered -- how come 3 shots to the head and several hammer blows seemed to have no effect on it ? And why was that huge zombie using defensive fighting moves ?  It grabbed for the hammer -- how ? It's a zombie.

Why were all the bodies at Gen. McCandles table recently killed zombies, but two were bleached skeletons that appeared to be picked clean ?

One minor nitpick -- the helicopter that Citizen Z spotted from the satellite had a tail (you could see the shadow on the roof) and it looked like a Blackhawk, but the actual helicopter didn't have a tail at all.  In fact, it looked like the remains of the pink helicopter from the 80s TV show 'Riptide'.

General McCandles pulls a Hans Gruber building exit with zombies in pursuit.

While Doc was covered in zombie blood, why wasn't he more burnt ?  That was a fireball headed right at him down the air shaft.

And in the previews, it's a Znado -- Are you kidding me ?

• Love 5

The Znado has potential to be completely ridiculous and stupid in a good way.  Here's hoping.

I'm really finding it annoying that the power and phone systems seem to work when it's convenient for the plot, but then nobody seems to use them otherwise.  Either this stuff is down and not working anymore (which is what it should be) or it's up and running, in which case everyone would be using it all the time.

I think the huge zombie might be a reference to that giant zombie-creature in the Resident Evil movies?   I don't know.  That one is clocked and carries a scythe or something, so maybe not.

• Love 1
I'm really finding it annoying that the power and phone systems seem to work when it's convenient for the plot, but then nobody seems to use them otherwise.  Either this stuff is down and not working anymore (which is what it should be) or it's up and running, in which case everyone would be using it all the time.

It's getting to be a little much with the working power 3 years into the Zombie Apocalypse when there is barely anyone alive, let alone to maintain a working electrical infrastructure -- AND -- a working Internet infrastructure.  Look at Citizen Z's feeds -- he was watching via security cameras at an Idaho prison, a Seattle Hospital, and a mysterious 'Location 3' that are all overrun with zombies.  Plus, with the last vestiges of a working Internet, someone keeps uploading cat videos -- to where exactly ?  Is Youtube/Google's server farms still operating somewhere as well as a major Internet backbone provider and a working satellite ground station ?  Because Northern Light is too far north to be connected by landlines.

• Love 3

Damn.  They really had me going last night because I thought Doc was a goner.  I actually was sniffing as much as 10k when they finally showed Doc at the end.  Damn you, show!

I loved his interaction with Stoner Zombie though.

I also like the fact that they don't shy away from showing children being chomped, unlike some other shows. *coughWalkingDeadcough*  Although, how dumb was the dad that he couldn't drive away from the zombies?

• Love 3
(edited)
I also like the fact that they don't shy away from showing children being chomped, unlike some other shows. *coughWalkingDeadcough*  Although, how dumb was the dad that he couldn't drive away from the zombies?

That was kind of weird in that there appeared to be no reason why the family of four got out of the truck in the first place (no road obstruction, for example) and they were all well armed to boot, so I was actually surprised that they had all been fed on by zombies.  Though the series of events leading up to their deaths was comical.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 7

"She's a tomato."  I'm going to use that.

I tuned into this because Friday night is a wasteland, but I stayed for the quirks.  Puttering along in the Beetle, Mr. Frenchy Fry, that guy bolting down the world's last handful of oxy:  funny stuff.  I'll give the last vestiges of operational bandwidth a pass--because someone's uploading kitty video.  LOL   Good job with the gritty horror/quirky combo.

P.S.  Thanks, show, for setting up Citizen Z with a faithful canine companion and then supplying them with a century's worth of t-bones.  No snacking on pets! 

• Love 3

I really thought for a moment Doc was dead and I was very happy when he came back alive. I can't understand how he did it, but I'm not going to ask questions because I like him. His conversation with that zombie was hilarious. 

Citizen X is losing his mind. I can't blame him, given the situation, but nothing good can come from that. 

This show is awesome. You can tell the writers are willing to have fun and I appreciate that because it gives us things like Amish zombies, stoned zombies and Znados, which may sound crazy, but it's something that could totally happen. (Well, not so sure about stoned zombies, but you know what I mean). That's way better than cheap angst, imo.

• Love 5

That was great fun. Loved the wastland robbers getting robbed by kids then the zombies get the family and hey we got our truck back! Love the "we have GOT to get off this road".

Patient zero is getting more entertaining. Loved when he told Doc someone will save you, just NOT me.he!

I was so upset when Doc "died" so glad it wasn't true. Loved when she was going to mercy him and shot him in the arm, he was just so calm about it.

I kind of wonder with TWD starting this week how the contrast will be with a "serious" zombie show and then this satire.

• Love 5

I love this show, it's so much fun!

Playing musical cars was hilarious!  That family was badass, even the little kids were every bit as good as any random army commando.  When they said, "This is a robbery" I had a feeling it was the family doing the robbing and lo and behold...  It was baffling that they later got eaten.

Patient Zero is growing on me.  (Paraphrasing): "Do I have to tell you not to get out of the truck?!"  He's the voice of the audience, at least in that moment.  Loved it.

Yay Doc!

Sled Dog still needs a name.

• Love 5

I love this show! It made me laugh more times than I care to admit, and for stuff that my husband just shook his head at. I am not sure he has figured out the humor of this show yet, he just thinks it's stupid and campy. He is still watching with me, so maybe he will come around. We both thought that Doc was dead, but then I realized, with this show, nothing is impossible, and I was right!

Edited by Arynm
  • Love 3

I love this show! It made me laugh more times than I care to admit, and for stuff that my husband just shook his head at. I am not sure he has figured out the humor of this show yet, he just thinks it's stupid and campy. He is still watching with me, so maybe he will come around. We both thought that Doc was dead, but then I realized, with this show, nothing is impossible, and I was right!

This show IS campy, but that's part of its charm.  I'm a big TWD fan but, man, can that show be depressing.  With this, I'm actually enjoying the zombie apocalypse and this quirky band of heroes.  Especially the indestructible Doc.  He's hanging in an elevator shaft with a live zombie as a companion, so he decides to smoke a joint and blow some smoke in its face to try and mellow it out.  I was pleasantly surprised that he survived that grenade...yay!  Now on to zombie tornadoes next week.

• Love 4

It's getting to be a little much with the working power 3 years into the Zombie Apocalypse when there is barely anyone alive, let alone to maintain a working electrical infrastructure -- AND -- a working Internet infrastructure.  Look at Citizen Z's feeds -- he was watching via security cameras at an Idaho prison, a Seattle Hospital, and a mysterious 'Location 3' that are all overrun with zombies.  Plus, with the last vestiges of a working Internet, someone keeps uploading cat videos -- to where exactly ?  Is Youtube/Google's server farms still operating somewhere as well as a major Internet backbone provider and a working satellite ground station ?  Because Northern Light is too far north to be connected by landlines.

Yeah, I've watched too many eps of Life After People to be able to not notice thi gs like that. I thought Citizen Z was joking about people stkll posting cute cat videos to YouTube.

I liked thsi one. This show is so stupid yet so brain-dead entergaining!

Well, this was a fun episode. Definitely needed after the cannibal cult. I'm so glad that Doc survived, I'm not even going to question his lack of burns. I'm guessing he let go of the tubes holding him up and fell faster than the flames. Citizen Z is getting creepy. I totally get it. He's been alone for 3 years. Just like the "I am Legend" guy set up mannequins around town and then was nervous about asking the female mannequin out. So Citizen Z pretending or having both sides of the im chat was okay. What makes me uncomfortable is that Addy is a real person and he's not falling for her. He's falling for his version of her and that never ends well. I just don't want him to get jealous of Mack and somehow give the group bad info so Mack dies.

The Badass Family were awesome and I'm sad that they died. It would be funnier if they just randomly popped up through out the season. Plus, how did they die? Why would they get out of the truck? It would be one thing if they ran out of gas or something. But it looks like they saw zombies, got out of the truck, and then died. Huh?

When 10K was aiming at the zombie through the scope, the bullet appeared to strike the fence several feet to the left of the crosshairs in his scope -- how is he able to hit anything if the scope is that far off ?  And then after the flashback, he looks through the scope again and kills the zombie, only the crosshairs are high and to the left of where the bullet hits the zombie.  Have the rules of physics changed in the zombie apocalypse ?

I think his shot was off because of the wind. That's why he put the cigarette next to the scope. He was watching the direction and strength of the smoke from the cigarette to find the direction and strength of the wind. He missed his first shot and then, after the flashback, readjusted and hit his target. 

Edited by Rockstar99435