Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia

Guest Accused Dingo

Raise your hand if you think his "one bad night" when he attempted suicide will be tied to Olivia in some way. .

Raises hand. I think Fitz was already in a bad place with the death of his son and finding out about Millie's rape and Olivia leaving like that just pushed him over. Do they know it was Olivia's father who killed their son? To my knowlege they are unaware. I am not even sure they know it was murder and not....i think the story is "sudden illness." Different emotions for murder and sickness. There is no one to blame when your kid gets ill and dies so i can see Millie being stuck in a depression spiral. Murder however she would be spitting fire.

I can see a reunion betweem Olivia and Millie going something like this: Millie begging Olivia to fix things and make her son alive again and if she can she will step aside and let Olivia have Fitz. All she wants is her son back and if Oliva does that for her she will even get her her own room in the White House for easy access. Olivia says she is sorry even she cant do that and Millie asks what good is she then?

Edited by Accused Dingo
  • Love 1

One other thing I need to see toned down or removed is the Olivia Pope Strut. It's just so ridiculous and affected. Watching this so-called professional woman walk around like she's trying to hit both walls with her ass just makes me feel sorry for her. Worse than that it makes me laugh at her. It's not commanding or confident, it's overcompensation. Please Liv, stop sashaying around like a coked up supermodel with a middle ear infection. Your lumbar vertebrae will thank you later.

• Love 8

Not that Jake killing people isn't a completely legitimate reason to hate the character, I guess I have a tendency not to take murder that seriously on Scandle. If I stopped talking to every character on Scandle who's murdered someone there wouldn't be anyone left. So I guess it's about which murder annoyes me on a personal level. Jake likes beer and burgers and we could hang. Fitz makes me want to stab myself with a butter knife so I don't have to listen to him talk anymore. So, yeah, character judgment in Shondraland.

Most of the shady stuff Jake's done was in the line of duty. He watched Liv originally because Fitz ordered him to. He killed James because B613 would have disappeared him if he didn't. More importantly, he actually does things like take over Command to try and change it, instead of whine and cry. For that I will always be Team Jake.

• Love 3

One other thing I need to see toned down or removed is the Olivia Pope Strut. It's just so ridiculous and affected. Watching this so-called professional woman walk around like she's trying to hit both walls with her ass just makes me feel sorry for her. Worse than that it makes me laugh at her. It's not commanding or confident, it's overcompensation. Please Liv, stop sashaying around like a coked up supermodel with a middle ear infection. Your lumbar vertebrae will thank you later.

I'm so glad I'm not the only person who thinks this. I have secondhand embarrassment whenever I see her walking like that. It looks awkward and uncomfortable.

• Love 3

It was one of the funniest and raunchiest lines that I've ever heard on a primetime network show.  I was surprised that it got by the network suits. 

I've heard much, much raunchier things on network primetime than a woman implying that she has a lot of pubic hair.

• Love 5

I've heard much, much raunchier things on network primetime than a woman implying that she has a lot of pubic hair.

Hell, it's not even the rauchiest line in this show. There was one last season (again, by Mellie who gets all the good lines) about Fitz barely being able to keep it up to conceive America's Baby after the Amanda Tanner thing that I laughed even harder at.

• Love 2

I walk like that so I always like it when I see her do it.  Whenever I'm walking with purpose because I have to get somewhere quickly or I'm angry or whatever else, I have a very hard, very swinging stride.  My normal way of walking is frequently called a 'strut' and it's nothing I do on purpose.

I've never paid any attention to how Kerry herself walks, but if it's a choice she's made for the character, I kinda love it.

• Love 5

I know that people on the show usually talk fast, but good lord, when Abby and Olivia were fighting, it sounded like they had just taken a combo of speed and Red Bull. Same thing when Abby was yelling at David Rosen. I can understand them, but man, would it be more helpful for them to take it slightly slower.

• Love 6

I know that people on the show usually talk fast, but good lord, when Abby and Olivia were fighting, it sounded like they had just taken a combo of speed and Red Bull. Same thing when Abby was yelling at David Rosen. I can understand them, but man, would it be more helpful for them to take it slightly slower.

I've been hoping they'd stop with the quick talk since the beginning. Every season premiere I hope and pray I won't have to turn on the captions. Every year, I'm disappointed.

• Love 2

Hell, it's not even the rauchiest line in this show. There was one last season (again, by Mellie who gets all the good lines) about Fitz barely being able to keep it up to conceive America's Baby after the Amanda Tanner thing that I laughed even harder at.

It wasn't even tha raunchiest statement of the episode. I mean Jake talking about Oliva riding him and how he makes her moan when he touches her in deep places was more OTT than Mellie making a smart mouth comment about not waxing.

• Love 2

Not just deep, deeper. That read to me an awful lot like a comment about the size of Fitz' equipment (or maybe, judging from the opening scene, his fingers).

Edited by Julia
  • Love 1

Yeah, I read Jake's comment about going deeper as a remark about the size of his penis, which IMO, meant Olivia enjoyed having sex with Jake when he then added in the remark about her liking to ride his dick. He was basically saying that either Fitz was small or that Jake was packing that heat.

I know there are some people and websites critical of their sexual relationship, but I find the relationship very empowering. Jake complained about her going back and staying, but he followed her lead. Also, they take turns pleasing one another--that's an explicit thing. Not only does Olivia receive pleasure, she gives it and Jake doesn't mind things being that way. He was annoyed that she couldn't live in the moment, but he wasn't resentful of it. He even knew better than to continue with his oral ministrations and wanted for her to get her speculation off of her chest.

Another topic, which was brought up earlier: why did Olivia change her hair back so fast? If she wasn't planning to stay long, why not rock the natural?

• Love 8

I wish they could bring someone on that was a real threat to Fitz. Jake said it  himself; that the real reason why she wants to stay is because of Fitz. Eventually  she would have came back. Unfortunately Harrison's death was the excuse she needed.

• Love 1

I thought that Olivia got most of her staff from the ISLE of Misfit Toys. They seem to have no ties to anyone outside of her firm.

Misfit and/or broken. Some that she was involved in the breaking of. Of course she's kind of broken herself. Hardcore. Resolute. Strong of will. Focus. Unless a man puts a hand on her thigh, then she melts like wax. Also, in spite of her age and accomplishments, and in spite of knowing what they both are, she still craves the approval of her parents.

I like PdR's character already. :-)

Not sure of her character, but i like her hair.

• Love 1

Now, I want to see Mellie find out that her son died because the dim bulb she's married to pissed off his mistresses father.  I want Tom to tell her that he killed her son thinking that she's too crazy to understand.  I want her to respond by killing them all.  Yes, it will never happen, but that's what I want. 

Your lips to Shonda's ears. After all, she did it on Grey's Anatomy. This season could end with Mellie stalking through the White House with an uzi. Cyrus, Fitz, Olivia, Abby, Jake, David, Tom, and Rowan are scattered throughout the halls and rooms, each down and bleeding. A marine guard tackles her, but she breaks free and regains the gun, only to look up and see a secret service agent drawing down on her. Cut to the outside of the White House where black vans are pulling up and a copter orbits overhead. There's a shot from inside! Who shot? Who was shot. And-- who will survive? Credits. See you next season.

• Love 7

Olivia's comment about not being able to trust her gut when it came to her dad was an odd thing to say to him directly (why not just say what she meant: "Dad, I think there's a firm possibility that you are lying to me about both terrorism and murder, but you're buying good wine so I'm going to play nice,") and a ridiculous thing for her to think in general. In spite of Olivia's adage that her gut is never wrong, how many episodes in past seasons clearly illustrated that her gut is usually wrong? I am so over Olivia's Gut as a source of verification, and by now, she should be, too.

• Love 6

The only things I found entertaining about this episode were Mellie and Cyrus' hair.  I guess since Mellie is going au naturel these days, Cyrus' Hair is picking up where Mellie's Hair left off.

Everything else just reminded me how much I dislike what this show became after the first few episodes.  If Mellie and Cyrus' Hair are less entertaining next episode, I'm not sure I can keep watching.

• Love 1

I had forgotten how much I hate the dialogue and the bad acting on this show.

Sing it. It's laughable. Almost everyone sounds the same when they speak. They all have the same ratt-a-tat-tat cadence. They all engage in repetitive dialogue patterns, in a style like "I will not allow it. I will never allow it!" Declarative sentence, change a word, repeat. And all the hyperbole and in-each-other's-faces behavior was exhausting. 

Only two characters didn't succumb to these tiresome, fake-sounding speech patterns -- Mellie (who is always awesome, regardless of the dreck words written for her) and what's-his-face attorney general nominee (David Rosen, that's it!).

Edited by Andromeda
  • Love 3

Raises hand. I think Fitz was already in a bad place with the death of his son and finding out about Millie's rape and Olivia leaving like that just pushed him over. Do they know it was Olivia's father who killed their son? To my knowlege they are unaware. I am not even sure they know it was murder and not....i think the story is "sudden illness." Different emotions for murder and sickness. There is no one to blame when your kid gets ill and dies so i can see Millie being stuck in a depression spiral. Murder however she would be spitting fire.

Fitz "knows" that Maya Pope was behind it. "Loyal agent and friend" Tom told him. I believe Tom and Rowan are the only two on the show who know it was really Tom doing it on Rowan's orders.