Type keyword(s) to search

S9.E16: Chain of Command-ment

• Start Topic

As the crew tackles their final charter, tensions rise; a deckhand relationship intensifies, causing future doubts, while Aesha confronts a stew over boundary issues, escalating interior drama.

Airs 9.16.2024

• Like 1

Ellie is just a bitch and a half on wheels.  I certainly wouldn't hire her for any yachting job after this performance.

She really needs to get over herself and this rank nonsense.  The whole concept is silly.  Aesha is the boss, the rest are equal.  Do what the boss tells you and STFU.

"Put out your candle.  ssst"  😁  Go Aesha!

Surprised this color system seems to be working.  Just seems like extra work.  (I'm very lazy.  Iain might be lazier😎)

Gael and Nathan seem to have worked it out.

The guests seem like fun and easy to deal with.  Poseidon Temple was way cool.

Carrie was great on WWHL.  Slammed Ellie oh so nicely.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

I dislike almost every person on this season. Sandy seems especially disconnected and not that interested in the work. Her blah attitude makes me even less excited (if that is possible) to see her marriage proposal. I hate public proposals anyway- in my humble opinion a couple should decide together whether to commit to marriage and an audience has nothing to do with that personal decision.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
(edited)

If I had a euro for every time Gael said "I just broke up with me boyfriend" :)

It was nice taking them to the Poseidon Temple, not sure though why they did not stay there till the sunset, since this spot is considered to offer one of the best sunsets in the world. Even the buses that take you from Athens to the Temple and back, wait for the sunset to end and then make their last trip back to the city.
Iain was actually a good guide.

Ellie is such an example of all those many people who just want to become influencers/reality stars/ celebrities/ yadah yadah yadah. It is obvious to all of us she is in the show to "shine" and promote her activities away from yachting. I bet that in a real charter she would behave just fine and would not cause problems. Of course the reality exposure can destroy your ambitions..

Aesha might overdoing it with the scatological humor, but I would definitely wanted to have fun with her or have her as a hostess in a restaurant / bar.

I find so so so kitsch and cringy when tourists come to Greece and want to go to parties dressed like ancient Greeks. There are some events that are quite expensive and include half naked statuesque male models posing as statuses, being a live part of the party decoration. 

15 minutes ago, faraway said:

I hate public proposals anyway- in my humble opinion a couple should decide together whether to commit to marriage and an audience has nothing to do with that personal decision.

I did not know that this started as an American thing in the 1980s. 
Of course with the huge growth of the wedding industry plus  the social media the whole thing has now gone out of control. And of course we do have in Greece wedding proposal tours. Oh well...

Edited by Zaffy
  • Like 6

I think this was our best evidence yet that Ellie was screwing up the laundry, as I long suspected. Bri tried to arrange things that made sense to her and then Ellie came in and moved everything around. That's why the clothes all wound up in the wrong rooms. Carrie seemed to catch onto this the minute Ellie came into the laundry room and stopped her, saying she was messing up Bri's system. 

And I don't necessarily think Ellie was deliberately trying to sabotage Bri, I just think she's incompetent at her job and delusional about it. And the reason Aesha's attitude towards her has changed is because now she has a competent stew and doesn't have to put up with her shit anymore. 

Nothing would crack me up more than if Sandy proposes and Leah says no. I know it won't happen but I can dream.

Promo spot for Sailing Yacht. No sign of Gary. I wonder if they had to reshoot the whole season or if the editors went into overtime cutting him out of it.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Promo spot for Sailing Yacht. No sign of Gary. I wonder if they had to reshoot the whole season or if the editors went into overtime cutting him out of it.

I read somewhere (I think Reddit?) that someone chartered a boat with Daisy, who said Gary is indeed on the next season.  She also sounded dismissive of the allegations against him.  I’m pissed. 

• Sad 1
  • Angry 2
  • Useful 1
8 hours ago, faraway said:

I dislike almost every person on this season. Sandy seems especially disconnected and not that interested in the work. 

Not sure why but I'm quite enjoying this season/cast. Might be part because Sandy is so checked out :)

In any case, I like most of them and those I don't, like Ellie, are still amusing to watch. Her level of delusion is stellar. She really thinks she's the most beautiful and capable 2nd stew ever. 

Carrie is great addition and was funny on WWHL. I live for the subtle digs. I hope we see her back again.

Jono was so happy to have the LGBTQ charter guests. He seemed to step his game and the menu as a result. 

• Like 8
9 hours ago, PaperTree said:

"Put out your candle.  ssst"  😁  Go Aesha!

I loved this moment too!

I will put this in a spoiler, as it is so vile and disgusting IMO... does anyone recall when Aesha told people on this show (I think it might have been guests? - maybe just crew)

Spoiler

She told them that she takes photos of her BMs in the toilet and sends them to her partner. 

WHO DOES THAT??????????????????? (And if someone does.... who says it on a reality show in front of a bunch of other people?)

• Like 3
2 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

WHO DOES THAT??????????????????? (And if someone does.... who says it on a reality show in front of a bunch of other people?)

At least one person.  LOL.😎

I've always thought "You never know what turns you on; until it turns you on", but that's some weird poop.  The end of the digestive system seems to fascinate her.

• LOL 3

I find it strange Captain Tablescape hasn't chimed in on the quality of the recent table settings. That's one thing that Ellie does a great job with and it provides the bonus of being a boss to herself and anyone else assisting her...

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
10 hours ago, LotusFlower said:

I read somewhere (I think Reddit?) that someone chartered a boat with Daisy, who said Gary is indeed on the next season.  She also sounded dismissive of the allegations against him.  I’m pissed. 

Daisy is an asshole. I never liked her. I won't be watching. I don't normally do anyway, but now I have another reason not to do it 

17 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

I will put this in a spoiler, as it is so vile and disgusting IMO... does anyone recall when Aesha told people on this show (I think it might have been guests? - maybe just crew)

She told that to the guests. While they were eating. It was a few episodes ago.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

It's the last charter so maybe they stopped caring about the laundry.

But Aesha is going to call out Ellie on the last charter, for what purpose exactly?  Just so they can film it for the show, potentially have a dramatic argument.

If she really wanted to manage her well, that talk would have happened weeks ago.

The surprise proposal is probably not a surprise.  Or if she says no, I guess they could never use the footage or show  Sandy referring to it.  But since they've been promoting it all season, we know it will happen.

I guess Aesha and Sandy and their SOs spend some time together as they apparently all live in CO.

I think the Sounion was just for the backdrop.  I suppose they will get a good sunset if the yacht is anchored right there with a good view of the temple as well as the golden light from the sunset.

Sunsets are a big deal in Greece.  There are throngs of people, mostly tourists, who flock to Oia just for the sunset apparently.  I recall there were sailing boat charters you could hire around sunset time as well.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, aghst said:

But Aesha is going to call out Ellie on the last charter, for what purpose exactly?  Just so they can film it for the show, potentially have a dramatic argument.

If she really wanted to manage her well, that talk would have happened weeks ago.

Exactly! That’s bad supervision 101. Ellie now has no chance to correct her behavior and improve with one day left. I don’t like how Ellie  has behaved this season, but I felt for her in that moment. Aesha feels empowered because Carrie is onboard so after all the weeks of ignoring what was happening in front of her very eyes AND being told as much by Bri, now she unloads. I get it, they were understaffed and stressed, but still, corrections could have been made. 

• Like 3
(edited)

I have a suspicion Carrie was helping Bri with the laundry, and not her use of beads. Everything was suddenly tidy, when everything was a mess in the laundry room before Carrie arrived. This was not a coincidence. 

I'm glad Nathan didn't imitate his buddy, Joe in his treatment of women after all.

Joe was not aware he was not really a lead deck hand, and Ellie didn't realize Carrie was not really a floater. 

I will say it again like others, that Aesha is not a great leader.

The columns of ancient Greek temples are not straight (they were designed like this on purpose), but they appear straight from a distance. It's all about perspective. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 3
16 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Joe was not aware he was not really a lead deck hand, and Ellie didn't realize Carrie was not really a floater. 

As I said upthread this rank stuff is ridiculous, BUT

Aesha did say something to the effect that "The 2nd stew is in charge when I'm off the boat or on break".  OK.  Somebody has to be.

So why not just rotate that duty?  See who can handle what.  Tougher with Bri as the only alternate, but why not give her a shot.  It may be something she's good at (somerimes I'm too optimistic😎) and Carrie is obviously qualified, but it's a bit late.

Joe just gets more annoying every week.

Sailing into finale week!  See ya'all there!

• Like 5
1 hour ago, PaperTree said:

So why not just rotate that duty?  See who can handle what.  Tougher with Bri as the only alternate, but why not give her a shot.  It may be something she's good at (somerimes I'm too optimistic😎) and Carrie is obviously qualified, but it's a bit late.

This would make sense in a real yacht. In our case they need the drama. So either production tells them how to act or encourages them to create drama. 
In any case I cannot really judge Aesha, Iain or even Sandy. Aehsa is the star of the crew, she knows it and I do not think she worries she will get fired or anything, she plays a role. I am pretty much sure in a real yacht she would react sooner and in a more efficient way.

• Like 3
  • Love 1