Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 9/9/2024

• Start Topic

Monday, Sept. 9 – Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.; author, “The Art of Power”)

Tuesday, Sept. 10 – Venus Williams (author, “Strive”); Taylor Frankie Paul and Mayci Neeley (“The Secret Lives of Mormon Wives”)

Wednesday, Sept. 11 – Usher (tour, “USHER: Past Present Future”)

Thursday, Sept. 12 – Kathryn Hahn (“Agatha All Along”)

Friday, Sept. 13 – Joe Locke (“Agatha All Along”); Lauren Sánchez (author, “The Fly Who Flew to Space”)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

The Secret Lives of Mormon Wives has eight episodes and is playing now on Hulu.

Agatha All Along is a TV mini-series premiering on Disney Plus on September 18. 

(Disney owns and operates both Hulu and ABC, among others.) 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Buckeye71034 said:

prediction: Alyssa is going to ask Nancy about helping push out Biden and Whoopi is going to get annoyed

That’s a good bet!

• Like 2

Along those same lines, I'm just tired of Whoopi using her platform to push her personal opinions/agenda. She'll go on to say that it's for the good of our country, and that everyone at the table agrees with her, but it's the same ole shit day in and day out. 

I know the show's concept has changed, but Barbara was still about accepting other opinions without total rejection, which was the original premise. No doubt she is rolling over in her grave.

• Like 8
(edited)
On 9/9/2024 at 2:54 AM, Soapy Goddess said:

Along those same lines, I'm just tired of Whoopi using her platform to push her personal opinions/agenda. She'll go on to say that it's for the good of our country, and that everyone at the table agrees with her, but it's the same ole shit day in and day out. 

I know the show's concept has changed, but Barbara was still about accepting other opinions without total rejection, which was the original premise. No doubt she is rolling over in her grave.

Whoopi is an EGOT, a legend etc etc (we do not forget dont worry) but so is Joy and Joy can still be humble and is grateful for being on the show and takes it seriously. Let's not forget when Whoopi joined the view, her career and image was at its lowest point. Barbra and the View gave her career a huge boost.

agreed, its her way or the highway. Good thing we agree with her mostly but her hostile "moderation" style also has some really bad moments. think her gross defenses of Cosby & Mel Gibson...

Edited by Buckeye71034
  • Like 4

For Heaven's sake, Joy - let the man finish his sentence! One of my pet peeves here - I think they wanted Chris Christie on to give his professional opinions and observations about last night's debate, but Joy kept interrupting him. It seemed to me that if he wasn't saying what she wanted him to say she would make a comment or ask a question to get her point in. I don't need to hear Joy's view when he's talking. She puts her views out there all the time; Chris Christie was there for only part of the show, so let him say what he has to say before you jump in. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
3 hours ago, KittyQ said:

For Heaven's sake, Joy - let the man finish his sentence! One of my pet peeves here - I think they wanted Chris Christie on to give his professional opinions and observations about last night's debate, but Joy kept interrupting him. It seemed to me that if he wasn't saying what she wanted him to say she would make a comment or ask a question to get her point in. I don't need to hear Joy's view when he's talking. She puts her views out there all the time; Chris Christie was there for only part of the show, so let him say what he has to say before you jump in. 

I love Joy, but, yeah, sometimes just let the guest talk

• Like 8

I think Christie brings out the best in them.  They all become engaged in the conversation when he appears on the show. Joy was still animatedly chatting with him as they went to commercial.   

Even Whoopi was champing at the bit in order to ask him a question.  He's one of the few guests who doesn't become overwhelmed when they all come at him at once and he can easily admit when he is wrong.  They should have him on weekly until the election.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

James Earl Jones was an amazing ICON. Would it have killed Brian's ass to turn off that 'stop talking because we're going to a commercial music' as Whoopi talked about his passing? And just fade to black in silence? FUCK YOU.

While I have recently warmed up to Christie, my eyes rolled so hard they fell out of my head when he said he wasn't going to vote for either. So, writing in a name, then? Please. That's part of the problem. Man up.

I much prefer Jon Stewart's reaction and response to Dick Cheney's endorsement than what the ladies here had to say.

Oh, and Alyssa can stop with asking if Vice President Harris was the "best" choice to be the Democratic candidate after President Biden stepped down.

Just shut up.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
7 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

James Earl Jones was an amazing ICON. Would it have killed Brian's ass to turn off that 'stop talking because we're going to a commercial music' as Whoopi talked about his passing? And just fade to black in silence? FUCK YOU.

While I have recently warmed up to Christie, my eyes rolled so hard they fell out of my head when he said he wasn't going to vote for either. So, writing in a name, then? Please. That's part of the problem. Man up.

I much prefer Jon Stewart's reaction and response to Dick Cheney's endorsement than what the ladies here had to say.

Oh, and Alyssa can stop with asking if Vice President Harris was the "best" choice to be the Democratic candidate after President Biden stepped down.

Just shut up.

I thought he said he definately wouldn't be voting for Trump & then wouldn't commit on who he was voting for. Could mean either nobody or Harris but he wouldn't be pushed into saying anything else even though Joy kept nipping at him.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Shrek said:

I thought he said he definately wouldn't be voting for Trump & then wouldn't commit on who he was voting for. Could mean either nobody or Harris

No. He said he wouldn't vote for Harris. But when they all reacted to that, he added he also wouldn't be voting for Trump, either. So that leaves write-in or not not voting.

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

No. He said he wouldn't vote for Harris. But when they all reacted to that, he added he also wouldn't be voting for Trump, either. So that leaves write-in or not not voting.

He didn't say any such thing. I thought I might have missed it but what he said was " I'm still an undecided voter" and then after Joy pushed back a bit he said " but what I can say is Donald Trump will not be who I'm voting for & you can take that to the bank" and he wouldn't say anything else.

I know because I just played it back 4 times with cc so I didn't get it wrong.

• Like 10

I just watched the segment with Chris Christie.. I think both Christie and Joy enjoy the banter between them- interview be damned!

What I caught was the disappointment I think Whoopi felt when she didn’t get to finish yelling at the audience when they reacted to him saying he was still undecided..

She was poised to do it but couldn’t get between them..

she even yelled at Joy ..😂

• LOL 6

This election should be non-stop exciting Hot Topics, yet I'm somewhat bored out of my mind with their new season.  Today they had nothing new on Trump or Kamala so they re-hashed more of the Trump=Bad  Kamala=Good. 

I know the argument will be they have to keep this in the forefront in order for viewers to go to the polls but come on.  Those who watch the show know this, yet Joy keeps literally yelling as if she's being mugged, constantly telling us about Trump's amoral ways.  At this point she might as well be some innocuous grandma yelling for me to carry my raincoat as it may rain later today.  

I'm losing interest more so than Whoopi when thy discuss a Real Housewives episode.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
On 9/11/2024 at 12:49 PM, KittyQ said:

For Heaven's sake, Joy - let the man finish his sentence! One of my pet peeves here - I think they wanted Chris Christie on to give his professional opinions and observations about last night's debate, but Joy kept interrupting him.

I'm a day late--lost power during the hurricane--and just getting back online now.  I was wondering if anyone else noticed the above.  I always enjoy hearing Chris Christie giving his views, but every point he made, Joy interrupted.  I like Joy, but that was so annoying.

Edited by Gemma Violet
Because I know how to spell "lost."
  • Like 5
6 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I always enjoy hearing Chris Christie giving his views,

Yes Chris Christie is a good guest. I think Joy forgets sometimes they are live and there are time constraints.  On the podcast before they went on break Joy said something about inviting Christie to her house.  I think she really enjoys talking politics with him.

• Like 6
16 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

I think she really enjoys talking politics with him.

In the good old days The View was really good about giving all sides a voice.  I don't blame the show, or the current hosts that this has changed.  It's changed everywhere but privately among friends  I think it's still possible to agree to disagree and have spirited discussions.  I miss the days when this was the norm on talk shows too.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
19 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

Yes Chris Christie is a good guest. I think Joy forgets sometimes they are live and there are time constraints.  On the podcast before they went on break Joy said something about inviting Christie to her house.  I think she really enjoys talking politics with him.

She's really engaged & people like her for it.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Haleth said:

Glad you have power, Gemma. Hope you don’t have any damage. 

Thanks, no damage, thank goodness.  We fared much better than the last one that hit us--Ida in 2021.  This one was a Category 1.

On a side note, I edited my post above because I do indeed know how to spell "lost."  Proofreading before replying is a good thing. 🙄 

• Like 1

If you're going to cite real world examples of people who misused animals, at least try to be accurate or you are contributing to random misinformation*. In comment after the "eating pets in Ohio" discussion, Joy mentioned Kristi Noem (sp?) killing her dog - true, and RFK Jr. killing a whale - false. RFK Jr. found a dead bear cub somewhere and dumped it in Central Park. Apparently at some point he found a dead whale and decapitated it. Both of these are strange, for sure, but is the point that no Democrat is repeating these stories (except for Joy) while Trump and Vance mention the false pet eating allegations?

* She tried to correct the RFK Jr. story after the commercial, but still somehow didn't get it completely right. Good to make the effort, though

• Like 2
2 hours ago, KittyQ said:

Both of these are strange, for sure, but is the point that no Democrat is repeating these stories (except for Joy) while Trump and Vance mention the false pet eating allegations?

The  point I thought they were making was that the stories that Trump et al are running may be funny to many of us (certainly judging by the memes many are laughing at the idiocy) but they are also causing real damage.  Noem and Kennedy aren't having the schools in their neighbourhoods locked down due to threats because they abused, or alledgedly abused animals.  It's not a one side is as bad as the other scenario.

• Like 9
On 9/12/2024 at 9:08 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Exactly, but I wasn't surprised, just glad Sunny brought that up from their last interview with him since Ana wasn't there to do it, LOL. He and Alyssa are the same: always kick the can down the road so that they can continually criticize and complain, and never commit to anything. Full of shit, in other words.

• Applause 4
20 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I always enjoy hearing Chris Christie giving his views, but every point he made, Joy interrupted.  I like Joy, but that was so annoying.

She did it to him the last time he was on too and I half expected him to say - "why do you ask me to be on the show if you won't let me speak?"

Edited by Denize
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1
On 9/11/2024 at 11:06 AM, cinsays said:

I love Joy, but, yeah, sometimes just let the guest talk

They all do it.  

I  also really detest how they read the guest his or her own biography first thing before asking questions.  

Same difference...LET THE FUCKING GUEST TALK!

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, Mollywolly555 said:

I  also really detest how they read the guest his or her own biography first thing before asking questions.  

Sometimes the bio eats up more than half of the segment, when one sentence would do. It seems like they assume all their viewers live under rocks, not that they are tuning in specifically to see the guests they already know.

Edited by Denize
  • Like 1
13 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Exactly, but I wasn't surprised, just glad Sunny brought that up from their last interview with him since Ana wasn't there to do it, LOL. He and Alyssa are the same: always kick the can down the road so that they can continually criticize and complain, and never commit to anything. Full of shit, in other words.

Except he 100% didn't say what you're agreeing with. 

He said he wasn't going to vote for Harris when asked (and the audience booed), so I have no idea what you're talking about.

Anyway, I'm glad when they interrpt the guests, tbh. Politicians in particular have a tendency of running out the clock to avoid answering a direct question, and I've always liked when Joy or Sunny cut through the blather. This is The View, not CNN. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
18 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

He said he wasn't going to vote for Harris when asked (and the audience booed), so I have no idea what you're talking about.

Anyway, I'm glad when they interrpt the guests, tbh. Politicians in particular have a tendency of running out the clock to avoid answering a direct question, and I've always liked when Joy or Sunny cut through the blather. This is The View, not CNN. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I disagree.  Christie is one of the few politicians who is not afraid to answer the questions in a succinct and straightforward manner.  That's why I think they all interrupt him.  Not to push him along but to get his viewpoint on hot button issues. 

It seems like they need to allocate more time for his appearances because the questions come fast and furious when he's at the table unlike the polite, slow-paced "It's your turn, Sunny" when other politicians appear on the show.