Type keyword(s) to search

LSSC: Season Ten Episode Talk

• Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, DanaK said:

Last night's episode with Steph Curry was pretty enjoyable

Both Steph Curry and Senator Mark Kelly were excellent guests, IMO. Both had really quick and on-point answers to Stephen's questions. 

50 Cent (from the previous night) was a little odd. 

Here's my post from the other thread that belongs here, from when Ketanji Brown Jackson was on:

On 9/4/2024 at 9:35 AM, shapeshifter said:

Amazon has a sample of her memoir that includes the TOC and a few pages of text:
https://www.amazon.com/Lovely-One-Ketanji-Brown-Jackson/dp/0593729900?asin=B0CPDVQLMJ&revisionId=b4abdd30&format=3&depth=1

She was so engaging that it made me want to read it.

During the opening monologue for 10.3, Stephen had a zinger retort to a current meme that made me laugh and clap, and reminded me why I watch:

Wait a second. Tim Walls has a right-wing brother who posts on Facebook? 
He is the most relatable man in America. 

Edited by shapeshifter
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

Both Steph Curry and Senator Mark Kelly were excellent guests, IMO. Both had really quick and on-point answers to Stephen's questions. 

50 Cent (from the previous night) was a little odd. 

Here's my post from the other thread that belongs here, from when Ketanji Brown Jackson was on:

I always thought he was kind of weird.

Steph is always great!!

• Like 3

I really liked the converation with Mark Kelly, too. And yes, that bit about Walz having a right-wing brother who posts on Facebook was great. I especially loved Stephen's reactions to Vance going to that donut shop XD. 

• Like 3
(edited)
14 hours ago, Annber03 said:

I especially loved Stephen's reactions to Vance going to that donut shop XD. 

I had seen that and the other Vance clips previously. Maybe on Seth Meyers' show?
ETA:
Not Seth Meyers. He did it too, but the same night as Colbert. Somewhere else…?

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Watching now.
I look forward to using our new F word in a sentence.🤣

ETA:

• On paramountplus.com, starting at the 13:10 mark for the S10 E5 episode, in reference to Camp David.
  • On YouTube, beginning at the 11 minute mark.

But I guess I'd have to make it more specific.
Actually, I think it was a unique moment where she delivered the perfect words with perfect pauses.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 6
  • LOL 3

His whole monologue last night was gold but this comment where he was riffing on Trump's insistence on passing along a UL about immigrants eating pets as a fact had me laughing out loud:

"I saw on television there's this one town where they make the dogs do all the work," says Colbert, in Trump impression mode. "They are the police, the fire department, everything. Little puppies. No I saw it, they call them the Paw Patrol and their boss is a little boy."

• Like 4
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Dimity said:

His whole monologue last night was gold but this comment where he was riffing on Trump's insistence on passing along a UL about immigrants eating pets as a fact had me laughing out loud:

"I saw on television there's this one town where they make the dogs do all the work," says Colbert, in Trump impression mode. "They are the police, the fire department, everything. Little puppies. No I saw it, they call them the Paw Patrol and their boss is a little boy."

Definitely total gold, though Trump’s nuttery at the debate certainly helped. The revved up audience and the show being live certainly helped. I’m just glad the show started on time

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Dimity said:

I f'loved it too, mainly because I have a pair of baby and toddler grandkids with noisy Paw Patrol toys.

• Like 1

Meant to mention this last week, by the way, but did anyone catch the very end of last Wednesday night's show? After the credits there were photos of Stephen's dad and brothers, who died in a plane crash 50 years ago on that date. 

It took me a second upon seeing the photos and then I looked closer and I was like, "...ohhhh..." :(. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1
  • Sad 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1