Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Happy Wedding Eve

• Start Topic

(edited)

Synopsis:

Wedding guests arrive on Nantucket for the lavish rehearsal dinner at the Winbury estate, but the nuptials take a tragic turn when a body is discovered.

Air Date: Sep 05, 2024

ThePerfectCouple-E01.jpg.00dc45fec55544f801d0d7bd5da0a8fd.jpg

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Snazzy Daisy
  • Like 1

I like the opening credit sequence where all the cast dancing to Meghan Trainor’s Criminals. The happiest time for all before everything comes crumbling down.

Detective Henry can’t even recognize a traumatized person. Incompetent.

Tag has purchased a gold bangle with dainty diamonds and who will be seen wearing it?

Gosia is quite condescending for a maid. What’s wrong with grocery-store bananas or doing own dishes?

Abby being snobbish and showing no emotion when being questioned by the police is quite unsettling.

• Like 3
On 9/5/2024 at 11:52 PM, Snazzy Daisy said:

What’s wrong with grocery-store bananas or doing own dishes?

Realistically nothing, but I suppose that given the family is supposed to be uber-wealthy, even the staff was going to be snobby about a cheap-ish seeming gift.

I'll also say I was with Greer about telling Amelia to put something on over her bra and shorts when Amelia, for some reason, needed to go outside to release the ladybug.  Use some common sense girl.  There's nothing about your need to set the lady bug free that couldn't wait a moment for you to put on a shirt.       

• Like 10

This seems like it will be a fun murder mystery, I have a soft spot for these kind of "dysfunctional rich family murder mystery" sorts of stories. 

Greer might be a massive snob and passive aggressive, but I can at least see her point on Amelia walking outside in just her bra with a million people around. 

This has a really solid cast, obviously Nicole Kidman and Liev Schreiber are the big names but its also fun to see Dakota Fanning, Donna Lynne Chaplin and Meghann Fahy here. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
4 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Donna Lynne Chaplin

I'm not quite sure of her Boston accent, but I was happy to see her in this.  And whenever she talked about her sons, I did want someone in the background to sing: "Your sons are going to be rapists!"  If you haven't seen Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, then forgive the reference. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

I haven't read any of author's novels, and this is not the usual type of show that interests me (focusing on a bunch of obnoxious rich people). But my husband and I needed something frivolous after watching the tragic Mexican series El Accidente (also a bunch of obnoxious rich people, but the story wasn't as much focused on their wealth).

At this point I'm not invested in any of the characters or who killed the bride's friend. I do get a kick out of the gossipy guy (is he the wedding planner?) and the housekeeper. 

Who is the dark-haired guy called Scooter? Is he a friend of the groom and best man? Was he romantically involved with the bride's friend (maid of honor)? And who is the weird dark-haired woman who's had way too much botox and/or fillers? 

8 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

I'm just here for Eve Hewson, whose dad I've been a huge fan of for about four decades. I've followed her career since The Knick and think she's an amazing actress.

I’ve never seen her before.  I’ll be curious to hear your thoughts on Eve in this one after you’ve seen the whole series.  I can tell that she has talent, but I thought she was a “miss” in The Perfect Couple.  

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, MerBearHou said:

I’ll be curious to hear your thoughts on Eve in this one after you’ve seen the whole series.  I can tell that she has talent, but I thought she was a “miss” in The Perfect Couple.  

She was good in Behind Your Eyes, but I agree she is a "miss" here--seems to be overacting.

• Like 2

Oof. French actress is giving Nicole Kidman a run for her money in the plastic surgery department. Although hers looks a lot better even if she does look like a plastic manikin. The woman’s in her 60s it’s unnatural. as far as the show goes, I don’t know. I don’t think I can get into it. It’s kind of boring.

• Like 2
On 9/12/2024 at 3:41 PM, Paloma said:

I haven't read any of author's novels, and this is not the usual type of show that interests me (focusing on a bunch of obnoxious rich people). But my husband and I needed something frivolous after watching the tragic Mexican series El Accidente (also a bunch of obnoxious rich people, but the story wasn't as much focused on their wealth).

At this point I'm not invested in any of the characters or who killed the bride's friend. I do get a kick out of the gossipy guy (is he the wedding planner?) and the housekeeper. 

Who is the dark-haired guy called Scooter? Is he a friend of the groom and best man? Was he romantically involved with the bride's friend (maid of honor)? And who is the weird dark-haired woman who's had way too much botox and/or fillers? 

Shooter! He's the best friend of the groom.