Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Gobi said:

This is creepy. Before he killed his family, John List lost his job, didn't tell his family, and pretended to go to work every day.

Right? I read a book called "The Adversary" about a guy in France who did the same thing. Only took it one creepy step further, he NEVER had a job, had everyone convinced that he was a respected research doctor. 

• Mind Blown 4
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Are there any nearby markets that deliver?  That would be ideal for the first several weeks.  Also, meal deliveries might be a possibility.  She should look into a Meals on Wheels type thing.  My single friend had those while recovering from back surgery.  If she is involved in any churches or community centers, they could organize meals for her.

There are more cows than people in her area. Her husband will do that stuff. Just thinking about things like any tips for inevitable late night bathroom use, that kind of thing.

8 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Yes. Good memory. Mostly she’s a hypochondriac (one of her many charms) but this time it’s serious. She lives in rural Vermont. Not like she can wheelchair herself to the market. I did send her one of those knee carts today from Amazon which I think will be a better option than crutches. Plus there won’t be as much wear and tear or collateral damage on her other body parts.

A friend of mind at MIT tore her Achilles tendon and had one of those. Every time I saw her I thought about what a monumental task it would be to get around like that. Yikes. 

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Right? I read a book called "The Adversary" about a guy in France who did the same thing. Only took it one creepy step further, he NEVER had a job, had everyone convinced that he was a respected research doctor. 

There was a guy in Houston who told his wife he got into medical school, but didn't. He went to 'school' every day until she found out. Bad outcome too.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 2
1 minute ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

There are more cows than people in her area. Her husband will do that stuff. Just thinking about things like any tips for inevitable late night bathroom use, that kind of thing.

Having a walker or a raised toilet seat with arms helps to get off and on the toilet without putting weight on the broken foot. It can be harder to lean over and balance well, so moving things that she needs off the floor or onto higher shelves. A grabber is always helpful. It's really an issue of making things simpler if you cannot balance well. 

When you have to favor one side for an extended period, the rest of your body compensates. It sounds like she's in an area where it might be hard to get body work. Doing daily seated stretches (or in bed) can help with that. 

I spent 6 months in an air cast after a series of foot surgeries. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
3 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Arthur needs to be on his own right now and should work on his mental health. No one needs this kind of pressure from a soulmate.

She is really pouring on the guilt and shame. She says she loves him but she doesn't quit nagging him for five seconds. And she KNOWS how fragile he is.

• Like 9
3 minutes ago, WaltersHair said:

There was a guy in Houston who told his wife he got into medical school, but didn't. He went to 'school' every day until she found out. Bad outcome too.

There was a guy in Utah a few years back who pretended to get into Harvard medical school. They were literally days away from moving to Massachusetts when she found out... and he killed her.

• Mind Blown 6
10 minutes ago, MagicEyes said:

I need this class! I was trying to thread my sewing machine today, but it was not working! 😭

I was just thinking the same thing! Maybe houseguest and I can find a class like that around here. It looks like fun. When I worked at MIT everyone knitted. There was a knitting group in our department. I was invited to join during my first week. I said I didn't knit but they said they'd teach me. I don't think I'd be much at knitting but sewing I think I could swing. 

5 minutes ago, MagicEyes said:

I need a website that has information on where to buy the latest in LAL fashions! I need to know where to get one of these boob window shirts!

NO YOU DO NOT

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
2 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

There was a guy in Utah a few years back who pretended to get into Harvard medical school. They were literally days away from moving to Massachusetts when she found out... and he killed her.

This might be the same case, but I could swear it was Texas because my parents lived there. Sometimes my memory is great and other times, not so much. No one told me age would do this to me. 😁

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
1 minute ago, MagicEyes said:

My life is not so great right now, but at least I'm not shacked up with a felon, wearing clothes that are four sizes too small and unflattering chokers. It could be worse!

Yes, watching this show helps us feel better about our lives.  We need to hold our heads up high.  

• Like 6