Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E2: Rent and Reputations

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Gina is doing fine professionally. She is a realtor who is on tv/a reality show, and it seems most potential clients don't get bothered by the dramatics (they know it's part of the reality show game). We see the same on other real estate related tv shows- the agents don't always act in a professional way, but they are successful. I will admit that Gina was a little bit extra though. 

I think since this is so new to her she got scared that she was gonna get stuck with that ”reputation” and she didn’t want that word of mouth out there. I’m positive a more seasoned realtor would have brushed it off with a I just won’t work with her and I’ll warn others attitude.. plus I mean it’s a storyline for both of them on a reality show .its keeping them employed on tv which is a positive for both I mean without it Jenn would literally be jobless completely 

• Like 7

Jenn doesn't bring much to the table except being Tamra's punching bag last season, and I guess, Gina's this season. (A little justified, but I don't want to hear Gina's Screeching for Justice every week.). She seems nice, but kind of bland and a bit vacant. Can't they find fun women for these shows? And I don't mean Vickie screaming woohoo and trying too hard to look outrageous. or constant penis talk. Just genuinely witty women with good senses of humor. New girl shows promise. Gina and Emily used to be fun together,  but Gina drank a vat of self-importance juice. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Gina's Screeching for Justice

The spin-off nobody is asking for.

She seems nice, but kind of bland and a bit vacant

Yeah, that's how I feel about Jen. She doesn't seem like a horrible person like Tamra, she just isn't always the brightest star in the sky. As much as I like her, she'd probably work better a Friend of, maybe.

• Like 9
  • LOL 1
On 7/19/2024 at 7:06 AM, Keywestclubkid said:

this is a moot point she couldn't afford it and knew it .. she wasn't getting money from her EX way before this.. i mean wasn't that one of the reason she had to find a new place anyway? ... she knew he wasn't paying .. whose responsibility does that becomes then but hers .. she wasn't earning an income yet she had to tell the new people she was getting money from somewhere then she screws her dad with him cosigning .. she doesn't seem to want to go get a job but have her ex pay for shit ... she is the reason she is in this position at the end of the day ..

Her passing the buck is whats annoying me .. GET A JOB .. downsize and make sure you can cover your shit .. then go after him .. you don't play with imaginary money that you dont have when you have kids .. you budget you make sure they are clothed and fed and housed .. Gina downsized and made sure she was covered no matter what Travis did ... why cant Jenn get that .. why is it Gina is wrong for being mad that Jenn basically slapped the food out of her kids mouth by screwing her over here

100% this. If you have enough money for hair and makeup and new clothes, you have enough money to pay your rent. I like Jenn, but I am really put off by her entitled attitude. And I agree with Gina -- you buy or rent what you can afford, and if you want more, you work a little harder, or save a little more. I understand why she was pissed, if she stuck her neck out and vouched for her friend and then the friend fails to pay her rent. Of course that will have an effect on her credibility. 

What's Jenn's defense? "But I'm pretty"?

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
On 7/19/2024 at 12:54 PM, dosodog said:

The only "horrible" thing I can think of that Shannon did to Tamra was ghosting her when Tamra got fired. 

However. When I think of all the horrible things that Tamra did to Shannon before she got fired? 

Was it ghosting? Or removing a toxic person from her life that she no longer had to work with?

Tamra is the reason we're going to be stuck with Teddi Mellengnat for at least one episode this season. Don't you even THINK about defending her!

I'm a little concerned that Satan's Minions aka the producers are considering bringing that self righteous, weight loss scamming, accountability for thee and not for me, into the fold for next season.

Please no.

• Like 6
22 hours ago, dosodog said:

Just once, I would love for someone to yell out "HEY! We're trying to eat over here!"

And if it's anyone, pray God, let it be a Primetimer-er.

Maybe we need to come up with a hand signal ;)

• LOL 13
1 hour ago, Jel said:

100% this. If you have enough money for hair and makeup and new clothes, you have enough money to pay your rent. I like Jenn, but I am really put off by her entitled attitude. And I agree with Gina -- you buy or rent what you can afford, and if you want more, you work a little harder, or save a little more. I understand why she was pissed, if she stuck her neck out and vouched for her friend and then the friend fails to pay her rent. Of course that will have an effect on her credibility. 

What's Jenn's defense? "But I'm pretty"?

Did she assume Will was going to pick up her slack? She shouldn’t be renting something that she can’t afford.  That said Gina didn’t need to make it all about her. 

• Like 4
(edited)

Do we even know that Jenn is spending money on glam, clothes, and threads and didn't get these things for free? And even if she is spending money, I'd assume they are business expenses that are tax write offs? I'm not sure though. 

It seems like her divorce settlement is finalized. I'll be very interested to see if she pays her back rent. 

ETA: or hell, I forgot the possibility she's just not paying these bills either! 🤣

Edited by lasu
  • Like 2
46 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Did she assume Will was going to pick up her slack? She shouldn’t be renting something that she can’t afford.  That said Gina didn’t need to make it all about her. 

You're right, Gina did not handle it very well. Tactless! But, imagine yourself in Gina's position -- she's new to real estate, she's working on developing a client list she hopes will be repeat clients, and she tells a client that Jenn is good for the rent. She knows approximately how much money a second seasoner would make, so Gina feels confident that Jenn can pay her rent. Jenn probably could have paid her rent if she didn't spend it on other things, but anyway. So now the client, if he stays a client, will assume Gina's judgment is not good. That does affect Gina.  Gina's fault was naively trusting a friend. Not the worst crime in the great scheme of things. She definitely could have been kinder about the way she said it though.

If Jenn was spending her money differently Id probably feel differently, but what she spends it on seems so frivolous. Feels a little, "Sorry kids, bad news - we are being evicted from our home, but on the bright side, I finally bought a  Birkin!" Ya know? I like Jenn and really thought she was a nice person, but this has made me wonder,

• Like 5

Another angle to consider: Gina purposely made it a big deal out of it on the show to publicly show that he was blindsided by Jenn's default and that she's aware of the effect on her reputation as a realtor. A public mea culpa if you will to the OC real estate community.

I may not be remembering the backstory correctly, but didn't Jenn leave her ex for Ryan? So why would she expect to receive any spousal support? Or, was she factoring in anticipated child support? In any case, if she left the marriage, I don't understand why anyone would be surprised that he no longer wants to work for the family business. Especially when she's now on a reality TV show about glamorous OC housewives.

• Like 6
On 7/19/2024 at 8:10 AM, Keywestclubkid said:

she moved knowing she hadn't been receiving the income didnt know when she would be BUT singed a document saying she WAS receiving it that is intent to defraud ..call it whatever you want but its FRAUD

I might not have been paying super close attention here, but do we know that JENN signed the lease while KNOWING that she would not be receiving spousal support?

Based on what I heard, it sounded to me like the ex was paying some portion of the rent directly to the landlord--so perhaps they all signed it?--and she found out a few months later that the ex had stopped making payments, but her dad paid all the back rent and she moved out.

I don't think Jenn is making great choices, but I'm not super clear on exactly what agreements were made when she moved in.

Maybe I need to re-watch the scene.

• Like 3
(edited)
12 hours ago, lasu said:

Do we even know that Jenn is spending money on glam, clothes, and threads and didn't get these things for free? And even if she is spending money, I'd assume they are business expenses that are tax write offs? I'm not sure though. 

It seems like her divorce settlement is finalized. I'll be very interested to see if she pays her back rent. 

ETA: or hell, I forgot the possibility she's just not paying these bills either! 🤣

I don't think anybody is offering free services to Jenn after one season as a HW. Even long term ones are not. Bravo doesn't pay for glam. Erika Jayne paid thousands every month for her glam, years after she became a Beverly Hills HW, as proven from details of the lawsuits against her and her husband. Jenn's makeup and hair look so much better this season. No clothing is offered either, unless it's cheap, made in China. Even less prestigious designers don't want the HWs to wear their clothes. And Jen seems to wear more expensive items judging by what she tags on her social media (Chanel, Louboutin for appearances in NY). Jean Paul Gaultier (it doesn't matter how ugly the dress was), and Gianvito Rossi didn't give her the dress and shoes in order to appear on Watch What Happens Live on Thursday. As for plastic surgery (which she had between seasons), she would probably get a discount only. It seems she promoted a specific place in the OC where she had fillers, and lasers (it's on her IG).

16 hours ago, Pi237 said:

Jenn doesn't bring much to the table except being Tamra's punching bag last season, and I guess, Gina's this season. (A little justified, but I don't want to hear Gina's Screeching for Justice every week.). She seems nice, but kind of bland and a bit vacant. Can't they find fun women for these shows? And I don't mean Vickie screaming woohoo and trying too hard to look outrageous. or constant penis talk. Just genuinely witty women with good senses of humor. New girl shows promise. Gina and Emily used to be fun together,  but Gina drank a vat of self-importance juice. 

Jenn is boring, and she wouldn't even be a HW if not for leaving her husband for Ryan, and Ryan's scandal now.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 2
(edited)
10 hours ago, snarts said:

Another angle to consider: Gina purposely made it a big deal out of it on the show to publicly show that he was blindsided by Jenn's default and that she's aware of the effect on her reputation as a realtor. A public mea culpa if you will to the OC real estate community.

I may not be remembering the backstory correctly, but didn't Jenn leave her ex for Ryan? So why would she expect to receive any spousal support? Or, was she factoring in anticipated child support? In any case, if she left the marriage, I don't understand why anyone would be surprised that he no longer wants to work for the family business. Especially when she's now on a reality TV show about glamorous OC housewives.

Jenn will get child support.

Edited by ZettaK
On 7/19/2024 at 5:28 AM, Keywestclubkid said:

knock me over with a feather but i'm about to defend Gina here and it blows my mind .. hahah

Jenn knew she couldn't afford that house her father knew she couldnt afford that house but still cosigned ... Jenn was in that house 4 months with NO JOB apparently and got evicted which means she paid AT MOST a  MONTHS rent on time .. Fault gina for a lot of shit but she knew to downsize and make it work she wasnt trying to impress anyone and we all tore her to shreds with living in a 2bed "condo" but guess what she didnt get evicted and her and her kids arnt homeless she knew what she had to do and sucked it up and did it  ...

Jenn is now  effecting her work and ability to take care of her kids by getting evicted... Now people and potential clients and other realtors  are gonna be like why do i wanna work with you your clients dont pay bills, but are busy getting professional hair and makeup and new wardrobes.. she is 100% right to be pissed.. get a fucking job and a house that you can afford then in the future you can get the Mcmansion IF you still feel the need to 'show off"

Jenn is used to using people and them being ok with it i mean she used her dad who is on the hook for that 20plus thousand back rent

I totally agree. I can't stand Gina and, sure, she is milking the Drama, but Joe way Jenn gets a pass. She needs to grow up, get a real job, stop spending money on Glam and other luxuries. I detest people like her. Leeches. Sadly, her parents obviously enable her. 

• Like 4

Jenn’s parents are most likely doing it for the grandkids. I see it all the time. The grandparents constantly stepping in to bail their kid out because if they didn’t, where would their grandkids be? And Jenn’s got a handful of them. 

• Like 4
12 hours ago, ZettaK said:

I don't think anybody is offering free services to Jenn after one season as a HW.

I thought she said something about trading services--so maybe she gives them free yoga classes in exchange for hair and makeup? And a shout out on her IG?

• Useful 2
(edited)

I re-watched the episode, and it seems to me that Gina is really reaching with this "she [Jenn] cost me $50,000" narrative.

I believe she said there was a property she could have sold if she had an all-cash buyer, and she thought this one agent--call her Agent B--had buyers that could make the deal happen, but Agent B would not return Gina's phone call, so Gina lost the deal.

Is that correct?

So then Gina makes the assumption that the reason Agent B did not return Gina's call is that Agent B knew Gina's client, Jenn, had not followed the terms of Jenn's lease, and for that reason, Agent B did not want to work with Gina. Is that an accurate summary of what Gina said?

(I'm not actually sure Jenn was officially evicted from that rental--but it seems like landlord did not get paid on time and she moved out. I think Jenn said she was in that house for four months. Evictions take a while to happen in California, so I think it's more likely she voluntarily moved out when she discovered her ex wasn't paying.)

If all that is accurate, then I think Gina is making some big assumptions. Maybe Agent B knew the property wasn't right for her clients. Maybe Agent B was working with a different agent. Maybe Agent B didn't want to work with a newbie agent. Who knows!

I certainly don't think the situation with Jenn helped Gina in starting her career in real estate, but it seems like a big stretch to say Jenn took food off Gina's kids' plates.

If I'm missing something, please let me know!

Edited by Dr Mama
typo
  • Like 7
  • Applause 2
(edited)
9 hours ago, Dr Mama said:

I thought she said something about trading services--so maybe she gives them free yoga classes in exchange for hair and makeup? And a shout out on her IG?

She did, but I think it was an excuse, as I explained on a post above. Nobody is going to offer free makeup and hair services during all filming season, appearances, etc. Perhaps a discount. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, Dr Mama said:

I re-watched the episode, and it seems to me that Gina is really reaching with this "she [Jenn] cost me $50,000" narrative.

I believe she said there was a property she could have sold if she had an all-cash buyer, and she thought this one agent--call her Agent B--had buyers that could make the deal happen, but Agent B would not return Gina's phone call, so Gina lost the deal.

Is that correct?

So then Gina makes the assumption that the reason Agent B did not return Gina's call is that Agent B knew Gina's client, Jenn, had not followed the terms of Jenn's lease, and for that reason, Agent B did not want to work with Gina. Is that an accurate summary of what Gina said?

(I'm not actually sure Jenn was officially evicted from that rental--but it seems like landlord did not get paid on time and she moved out. I think Jenn said she was in that house for four months. Evictions take a while to happen in California, so I think it's more likely she voluntarily moved out when she discovered her ex wasn't paying.)

If all that is accurate, then I think Gina is making some big assumptions. Maybe Agent B knew the property wasn't right for her clients. Maybe Agent B was working with a different agent. Maybe Agent B didn't want to work with a newbie agent. Who knows!

I certainly don't think the situation with Jenn helped Gina in starting her career in real estate, but it seems like a big stretch to say Jenn took food off Gina's kids' plates.

If I'm missing something, please let me know!

Yes, I thought, as well Gina said that the property Jenn rented could have sold to a cash buyer another real estate agent could find (or had in mind already), so she lost a potential commission from the (potential) transaction. I thought Gina meant that the property was not available for sale anymore because Jenn occupied it (and didn't pay rent either). She was also worried about her reputation in the real estate community. It is an assumption about a lost commission, unless Gina knew that the potential buyers saw the house, liked it, and were ready to make an offer. Is this what she was implying?

As for Jenn getting evicted, Jenn mentioned the term on the show, and she said the same on an IG story. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
(edited)
13 hours ago, Pi237 said:

Jenn’s parents are most likely doing it for the grandkids. I see it all the time. The grandparents constantly stepping in to bail their kid out because if they didn’t, where would their grandkids be? And Jenn’s got a handful of them. 

Jenn's parents are doing it for mostly the grandkids, but for her, as well. The way they used the term savior for Ryan is perhaps an indication of a (hopefully) older generation Southern mentality (isn't Jenn and her family from Oklahoma?), although Jenn seems to have it, as well, that women should depend on, and be supported by a male. 

Ryan has two kids from a previous marriage.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Nobody is going to offer free makeup and hair services during all filming season, appearances, etc.

Well, sure, someone is going to offer, it just be someone getting started (her work looks good, that's for sure).

And yes, Gina is saying Agent B wouldn't call her back because Jenn didn't pay her rent and she then lost a deal costing her $50k, but IMO, that's a reach. I think it's difficult to say this deal would have 100% happened if not for Jenn. But Gina has herself worked up like Jenn maliciously called Agent B and told her to screw over Gina. Gina doesn't understand she showed poor professional judgment and is continuing to undermine herself on the show. I do feel badly for her, because I think this is the stress of her situation with Travis moving out coupled with her being the sole provider (in her household) for her children manifesting itself. I think she's rightfully stressed and unrightly (not a word) took it all out on Jenn. I can see be upset with Jenn, but Gina got nasty and personal very, very fast.  

• Like 6
(edited)
15 hours ago, lasu said:

Well, sure, someone is going to offer, it just be someone getting started (her work looks good, that's for sure).

And yes, Gina is saying Agent B wouldn't call her back because Jenn didn't pay her rent and she then lost a deal costing her $50k, but IMO, that's a reach. I think it's difficult to say this deal would have 100% happened if not for Jenn. But Gina has herself worked up like Jenn maliciously called Agent B and told her to screw over Gina. Gina doesn't understand she showed poor professional judgment and is continuing to undermine herself on the show. I do feel badly for her, because I think this is the stress of her situation with Travis moving out coupled with her being the sole provider (in her household) for her children manifesting itself. I think she's rightfully stressed and unrightly (not a word) took it all out on Jenn. I can see be upset with Jenn, but Gina got nasty and personal very, very fast.  

I'm watching the rerun because the tv is on on Bravo, and Gina said verbatim "I had a deal set up and I needed to reach out to this agent in order to access these buyers that she has". Jenn interrupted her, and Gina said that she didn't even let her talk, and left the cafe.

Edited by ZettaK

Gina also talked about it in one of her interviews. That's when she said she needed cash buyers, the agent who had access to cash buyers wouldn't text her back, and that this all *supposedly* cost her $50k. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, lasu said:

Gina also talked about it in one of her interviews. That's when she said she needed cash buyers, the agent who had access to cash buyers wouldn't text her back, and that this all *supposedly* cost her $50k. 

She’s reaching with this!

• Like 7
On 7/19/2024 at 2:02 PM, Sweet-tea said:

Good points. I agree with a lot of what Gina said to Jenn, but I didn't like her delivery. 

"It's not what you say, it's how you say it".  Boy, I've said that a lot to someone in my life!

• Like 2
On 7/18/2024 at 9:13 PM, Stats Queen said:

Alexis thinking Johnny J is a prize.

On 7/18/2024 at 10:10 PM, Emmeline said:

she’s having sex with Johnny “B” right in Shannon’s face

On 7/19/2024 at 12:00 AM, ZettaK said:

Does this idiot, Alexis think she will marry Johnny D?

I love how everyone's giving him a different consonant. It's like Wheel of Fortune!

• LOL 10
On 7/19/2024 at 8:28 AM, Keywestclubkid said:

knock me over with a feather but i'm about to defend Gina here and it blows my mind .. hahah

Jenn knew she couldn't afford that house her father knew she couldnt afford that house but still cosigned ... Jenn was in that house 4 months with NO JOB apparently and got evicted which means she paid AT MOST a  MONTHS rent on time .. Fault gina for a lot of shit but she knew to downsize and make it work she wasnt trying to impress anyone and we all tore her to shreds with living in a 2bed "condo" but guess what she didnt get evicted and her and her kids arnt homeless she knew what she had to do and sucked it up and did it  ...

Jenn is now  effecting her work and ability to take care of her kids by getting evicted... Now people and potential clients and other realtors  are gonna be like why do i wanna work with you your clients dont pay bills, but are busy getting professional hair and makeup and new wardrobes.. she is 100% right to be pissed.. get a fucking job and a house that you can afford then in the future you can get the Mcmansion IF you still feel the need to 'show off"

Jenn is used to using people and them being ok with it i mean she used her dad who is on the hook for that 20plus thousand back rent

I guess I'm just wondering about the timeline. Did she rent the house assuming that she'd have money coming in from her ex to pay rent, and then for some reason his circumstances abruptly changed and she was no longer getting that money? If that's the case then I have sympathy for her.

But if she rented the house knowing that she wouldn't have the money to pay the rent, that is absolutely wild! And why on earth would her dad serve as her guarantor if that were the case??

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, ladle1 said:

I guess I'm just wondering about the timeline. Did she rent the house assuming that she'd have money coming in from her ex to pay rent, and then for some reason his circumstances abruptly changed and she was no longer getting that money? If that's the case then I have sympathy for her.

But if she rented the house knowing that she wouldn't have the money to pay the rent, that is absolutely wild! And why on earth would her dad serve as her guarantor if that were the case??

I think what Gina’s saying (trying not to break the 4th wall) was that she used her future housewife salary to qualify and then spent the money on expenses for the show like hair and clothing without putting any aside as a back up. I also think while she didn’t know her husbands circumstances would change, when they did she didn’t give notice and move or try to work with the landlord. She just sat in the house not paying until she got an eviction notice.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
On 7/19/2024 at 8:36 AM, SweetieDarling said:

I do love that the others roll their eyes when she tries to stand up for him and tells them they don't know him like she does

I love that, whatever their factions and alliances, they are all united in thinking this guy sucks. As are we. 

1 minute ago, FozzyBear said:

I think what Gina’s saying (trying not to break the 4th wall) was that she used her future housewife salary to qualify and then spent the money on expenses for the show like hair and clothing without putting any aside as a back up. I also think while she didn’t know her husbands circumstances would change, when they did she didn’t give notice and move or try to work with the landlord. She just sat in the house not paying until she got an eviction notice.

Ahhh! Yes, this makes sense. 

• Like 1
On 7/19/2024 at 11:08 AM, RoseAllDay said:

Depends on how many dishes he dirties. I used to run mine a lot (too lazy to hand-wash, lol) until I saw my water bill over a few months. I usually run it now if I have a big dinner (holiday meal), where I use a lot of pots and pans, dishes, and silverware. 

Either that or he uses paper or plastic.

Interesting! I thought that I had read that using a dishwasher actually saves water. Is that just a myth?

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, ladle1 said:

Interesting! I thought that I had read that using a dishwasher actually saves water. Is that just a myth?

Well that’s what the makers of dishwasher soap ads would have us believe anyway.  

• Like 1
  • Wink 2
  • LOL 1
18 hours ago, ladle1 said:

I love how everyone's giving him a different consonant. It's like Wheel of Fortune!

Mine was a typo. I meant to say Johnny J!

• LOL 1
(edited)
On 7/19/2024 at 7:14 PM, bravofan27 said:

I thought that what Eddie said was fortelling-- you hang out with liars, you become a liar. Since Jenn is with Ryan, I think she's also becoming shady. I also think that Jenn purposely used Gina to get into a rental-- Gina said that she vouched for her so she didn't need a credit check. I think Jenn doesn't feel bad, because she was setting Gina up from the get go. She isn't as dumb as she plays. 

I also think Gina is mad at herself for not ensuring Jenn had the right credit and income to pay for the rent, and she might have just been looking at the commission. So, really Gina is the one who took a shortcut. Gina burned herself.

See, this is my problem. What landlord, rental company, or seller would just take someone’s word that the money was there? Wouldn’t Gina at least want to CYA? Before my first lease was approved I had to submit a month’s worth of pay stubs, for instance, and my credit was checked. That is just due diligence. When buying a house, the very first thing you need to establish is if you can afford it.

This is totally on Gina and whoever rented the place to Jenn. Jenn doesn’t come off looking very good here, either.

Gina can’t cut corners like this and expect to keep her license, much less succeed. Nor should she represent “friends” (I think quotes are accurate here now) in business transactions. Maybe she felt funny asking for proof of income, but that is what you do, especially in real estate.

Gina is angry at herself and is throwing it back on Jenn. 

I’m not defending anyone here.

EDIT — One more thought. Had Gina asked for proof (bank statement, support income, whatever) and if Jenn gave her bogus documents, then Jenn would totally be liable for the fallout, I would think. “You acted in bad faith, end of transaction, not representing you anymore — good day, ma’am.”

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
On 7/19/2024 at 8:36 AM, SweetieDarling said:

Did he film for this season? I cannot wait to see that shitshow go down if he did! Shannon will trip over herself trying to appear unbothered, and I'm really not sure at this point if Alexis or Johnny J will be more embarrassing. they both seem extremely thirsty. I predict she's going to defend and cover for him and his shitty behavior in the exact same ways that Shannon did, but with less tequila (probably)

I do love that the others roll their eyes when she tries to stand up for him and tells them they don't know him like she does

Gee, that sounds a lot like Vicki and Brooks, doesn’t it? Another opportunist who wants to freeload off a Bravolebrity. If the ladies don’t mind looking like fools, that’s on them. Will JJ get a root canal? Veneers? Dentures? Will he rent a fur coat and drive Alexis’s car around? /sarcasm

Johnny J is just a means to advance the plot, and obviously he has no dignity to object. It keeps Alexis relevant, Shannon be damned. I just hope Shannon doesn’t progressively nose dive during the season. I just find the whole thing cruel, especially how they all go on at times about “girl code.” 

• Like 4
19 hours ago, ladle1 said:

I don’t think it did in my case. Maybe if I let dishes pile up for a few days for a full load and then ran it…I just didn’t like my water bill when I was using it consistently. My frugality won out over my laziness.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Palimelon said:

So getting Johnny is the equivalent of getting "Bankrupt" when you spin?

Zing! 

Tamra will buy a vowel renewal. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Miner said:

Jesus Jugs and Johnny J.

JJ & JJ?

That just makes me think of Cocomelon. "Hey hey, it's JJ!" (Any other parents of toddlers here? Just me? I'll see myself out...) 

• LOL 7
1 hour ago, RoseAllDay said:

What landlord, rental company, or seller would just take someone’s word that the money was there?

I don't think they did just take her word, though, because why else would Jenn's dad have to serve as guarantor? Clearly there was some diligence done. 

Honestly, none of this makes sense to me. 

• Like 10
32 minutes ago, ladle1 said:

I don't think they did just take her word, though, because why else would Jenn's dad have to serve as guarantor? Clearly there was some diligence done. 

Honestly, none of this makes sense to me. 

To me neither, the more this is talked about, but Gina seemed to be making a big deal over having “vouched” for Jenn. If Jenn indeed provided proof to Gina knowing it was false, and Gina then passed it to the landlord, then all of this is on Jenn. Is this fraud? I don’t know, that depends on how the law is written. Gina needs to calm TF down about her reputation if she acted in good faith with what she had. I understand the anger, but her “career” is safe.

To me, “vouch” means “I know for a fact my friend is good for this. Trust me.” Maybe that’s a generous read on my part.

Gina is just about incoherent when she gets wound up, so hopefully we’ll get more clarification tonight. Frankly, I’m this close to being over it. Jenn, at her age, needs to get her act together. If I were her dad, I wouldn’t have gotten myself involved. She is in her 40s, not her 20s, and needs a few life lessons, eviction being one.

Not Team Jenn nor Team Gina/Landlord here.

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

To me neither, the more this is talked about, but Gina seemed to be making a big deal over having “vouched” for Jenn. If Jenn indeed provided proof to Gina knowing it was false, and Gina then passed it to the landlord, then all of this is on Jenn. Is this fraud? I don’t know, that depends on how the law is written. Gina needs to calm TF down about her reputation if she acted in good faith with what she had. I understand the anger, but her “career” is safe.

To me, “vouch” means “I know for a fact my friend is good for this. Trust me.” Maybe that’s a generous read on my part.

Gina is just about incoherent when she gets wound up, so hopefully we’ll get more clarification tonight. Frankly, I’m this close to being over it. Jenn, at her age, needs to get her act together. If I were her dad, I wouldn’t have gotten myself involved. She is in her 40s, not her 20s, and needs a few life lessons, eviction being one.

Not Team Jenn nor Team Gina/Landlord here.

I’m guessing vouched meant that Gina confirmed as a 2nd year cast member Jen can expect to get a check for $X at the end of the season. I think they get paid in a lump sum at the end of filming and I’ve always guessed that Bravo has certain privileges about making decisions along the way that impact pay. For instance there are some seasons where it seemed obvious that someone filmed expecting to be a full cast member and got downgraded to “Friend” in editing. I’ve also long suspected that Bravo has the right to reduce pay if castmembers skip events like group trips or refuse to film scenes. I’m guessing this affects how they get paid and makes it hard to “prove” how much money they are going to make. It could be X or it could be much less. Gina may have confirmed that Jenn can be expected to be a full cast member maxing out her pay scale. And would therefore be able to cover the rent, even if she didn’t get assistance.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, FozzyBear said:

I’m guessing vouched meant that Gina confirmed as a 2nd year cast member Jen can expect to get a check for $X at the end of the season. I think they get paid in a lump sum at the end of filming and I’ve always guessed that Bravo has certain privileges about making decisions along the way that impact pay. For instance there are some seasons where it seemed obvious that someone filmed expecting to be a full cast member and got downgraded to “Friend” in editing. I’ve also long suspected that Bravo has the right to reduce pay if castmembers skip events like group trips or refuse to film scenes. I’m guessing this affects how they get paid and makes it hard to “prove” how much money they are going to make. It could be X or it could be much less. Gina may have confirmed that Jenn can be expected to be a full cast member maxing out her pay scale. And would therefore be able to cover the rent, even if she didn’t get assistance.

That, really, is for the producers and Bravo to confirm, isn’t it?

Just now, RoseAllDay said:

That, really, is for the producers and Bravo to confirm, isn’t it?

Oh it is. And I’m guessing they wouldn’t and that Gina should have been a good real estate agent and worked ti help her friend but done everything by the book. No heros here 

• Like 1
(edited)

https://pagesix.com/2024/01/08/entertainment/inside-rhoc-star-real-estate-agent-gina-kirschenheiters-9m-la-quinta-listing/

One of her listings from January (may be her only one since her websites are pretty empty).

Was owned by Elizabeth Vargas. Remember her? Vargas hired Gina for her “ball-busting personality.” 🙄

Currently it’s off market, with the last date sold 2021. It went for $3.3M then.

Edited by RoseAllDay
Fixed typo
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3
4 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

https://pagesix.com/2024/01/08/entertainment/inside-rhoc-star-real-estate-agent-gina-kirschenheiters-9m-la-quinta-listing/

One of her listings from January (may be her only one since her websites are pretty empty).

Was owned by Elizabeth Vargas. Remember her? Vargas hired Gina for her “ball-busting personality.” 🙄

Currently it’s off market, with the last date sold 2021. It went for $3.3M then.

Yes, Gina mentioned the Elizabeth Vargas listing in the second episode. 

I really don't think Jenn falsified documents! In the coffee shop, when Jenn said "Do you think I rented the house knowing that I wasn't going to be able to pay?" Gina said "I don't think you think about these things at all," not "You knew you couldn't pay and you duped us" or whatever. Like, not even Gina is going so far as to say that Jenn set out to defraud people.

It seems as though Jenn assumed she'd be able to pay the rent. Jenn thinks that assumption was valid, and Gina thinks that assumption was invalid (and that once Jenn realized she couldn't pay the rent, she should have acted very differently). I agree with another poster that we, as viewers, would need more information to decide if Jenn's assumption that she would be able to pay the rent was valid or not. 

I do agree that, regardless, Jenn spending money on glam when she's just been evicted is a really bad look.  

There are a lot of things I don't understand here. Like, why Jenn's dad needed to be involved in the lease if the landlord just took Gina's word that Jenn was good for the $? And whether Gina is right that this had any impact on her business or whether she's using this as a storyline (or both!)? Normally I'd say it's just for a storyline, but she seems legitimately pissed off ...  

I also don't understand why I am oddly invested in this.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)
On 7/23/2024 at 2:21 AM, ZettaK said:

She was also worried about her reputation in the real estate community.

If Gina is so worried about her reputation in the RE community, maybe she should tone down the airing of her client’s financial woes on national television. Because I’m willing to bet there are a lot of folks in CA living above their means (looking at you Gina), who would be mortified if their realtor went out and told anyone who would listen about what they have/don’t have. And Jen was her “friend”. What would she do with those who are not close to her. Maybe that’s why the other realtor never called back, she was protecting her clients privacy. 

Edited by hottesthw
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
8 hours ago, hottesthw said:

If Gina is so worried about her reputation in the RE community, maybe she should tone down the airing of her client’s financial woes on national television. Because I’m willing to bet there are a lot of folks in CA living above their means (looking at you Gina), who would be mortified if their realtor went out and told anyone who would listen about what they have/don’t have. And Jen was her “friend”. What would she do with those who are not close to her. Maybe that’s why the other realtor never called back, she was protecting her clients privacy. 

Yes, Gina overreacted. But she doesn't live beyond her means. She received a settlement from her divorce, and she bought a 1700 square foot townhouse with it (I just saw this, I mean the size of the house) at an average neighborhood- she doesn't live in Newport Beach for example. She also has a high salary from Bravo after seven years as a HW, and I'm sure her ex husband pays some child support. She now has a career, as well. I assume she is thinking of the future, and all her kids are older, so she can do it. She doesn't have an expensive car, or wear expensive clothes. I only saw her after years on the show having two smaller designer bags.

• Like 3
10 hours ago, hottesthw said:

Thank you! ALL of that is confidential information that should only be shared between the buyer’s and the seller’s Realtors. I’d go so far as to say not even the seller’s agent, if it’s clear from the start that the buyer can’t afford it. Why waste everyone’s time?) If Gina has the Realtor designation, I really don’t know about that organization.

Living above one’s means or not, reality star or not, who would want their financial business put on blast? Gina sure as hell wouldn’t, and if tables had been turned her head would have exploded and she’d be screeching all over the OC.

Gina needs to go back to Ethics 101 for Real Estate Agents. If she gets a bad reputation: 1) she’s screwed; and 2) she did it to herself. That is the true heart of the matter, really, despite the back-and-forth between her and Jenn.

(I’m speaking in generalities here…I’m basically over Gina, but had to respond to your post. 🙂 🙋‍♀️.)

• Like 3
  • Useful 2