Type keyword(s) to search

Season 26 Live Feeds Discussion

• Start Topic

Oh, I know the Tyler analogy is imperfect because Tyler did lose but Tyler's social game WAS excellent and he had multiple F2s and alliances with everyone all over the house.  Quinn has been employing a similar strategy, maybe believing he could make it work in a way that Tyler was not.  Ultimately, as numbers dwindle, that kind of game play is always exposed, though.

I don't agree that it's going to cost Chelsie his vote in the end.   That may depend on who she's sitting next to in the F2, but I really am not sure, apart from Cam or Leah, that Quinn would vote for anyone else over Chelsie.  

2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Quinn tanked his own game. Over and over.

No argument there - but does that necessarily mean Quinn is absolutely doomed to continue re-tanking his game, over and over?  Like they say in every investment ad, past performance is no guarantee of future results. 😆

Seriously, though, Quinn is the dictionary-picture-quality demonstration of an ineffectual superfan.  Quinn has all the knowledge necessary to run this table, but lacks the ability (i.e., social skill) to use that information to develop a plan of attack - or to execute such a plan in any significantly impactful manner.

9 minutes ago, HighQueenEB said:

Oh, I know the Tyler analogy is imperfect because Tyler did lose but Tyler's social game WAS excellent and he had multiple F2s and alliances with everyone all over the house.  Quinn has been employing a similar strategy, maybe believing he could make it work in a way that Tyler was not.

Early this season Quinn was employing EXACTLY the same “Let’s F2 with EVERYBODY!” tactics as Tyler, and immediately ran into the exact same stumbling blocks as Tyler - but being more socially inept than Tyler, Quinn ran into them a LOT quicker.  Tyler at least made it about 3/4 of the way through the season before his house of cards started tumbling; Quinn’s was already collapsing before the start of Jury.

• Like 10
(edited)
20 minutes ago, HighQueenEB said:

Quinn has been employing a similar strategy, maybe believing he could make it work in a way that Tyler was not. 

But that’s just it. Quinn is not trying to adapt Tyler’s strategy, Quinn is trying to be just like Tyler. Who played in a different house, with different people. Quinn has mentioned several people he admires (including Tyler), but aside from being like “I should do x/y/z because that player did x/y/z”, he seems to have no concept of how to translate those moves into THIS house, and HIS situation. 

And I legit think he can’t let go of his Leah fixation because it worked out for Cory, so it should work for him, too. I mean, America wasn’t into Cory at first, right? But this isn’t then, and Leah is not America.

Sometimes a player can be TOO big a fan of the show.

EDIT: Or what Nashville said.

Edited by 30 Helens
  • Like 8
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:

I should add that Quinn is far from the only delusional HG this season. I’m still amused by the idea of Joseph thinking he was playing some stealth Dr. Will game.

IKR!?!?  When Jostache trotted THAT’UN out, I laughed so hard I started getting a little worried I might hurt my spleen. 

• LOL 7

Quick question - tonight's episode won't be on here because of hurricane coverage, so is there any way I can watch it live? I have Paramount+ but seems like it just brings me to my local channel again. I guess there's no way to make it think I'm in a different city?

22 minutes ago, LadyWave said:

tonight's episode won't be on here because of hurricane coverage

Same here.  I don't know where you could see it live.  I plan on seeing it tomorrow on Hulu, or on the CBS website.

(edited)
2 hours ago, LadyWave said:

Quick question - tonight's episode won't be on here because of hurricane coverage, so is there any way I can watch it live? I have Paramount+ but seems like it just brings me to my local channel again. I guess there's no way to make it think I'm in a different city?

Paramount+ grants the option of watching it live right there on the app.

7 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Quinn tanked his own game. Over and over.

5 hours ago, HighQueenEB said:

This.  

Sure, he's been a simp for Leah and she, clearly, does not return his affections in any way, but most of his bad gameplay is unrelated to her until this week.  

At best, one might be able to argue that Leah complaining to other HGs about his "flirtations" may have soured them on Quinn a little, but even as she was lowkey painting him as a bit of a creeper to the rest of the HGs, he was still in a good position game-wise.  It was his own snake-like, disloyal decisions during his two HOHs (last week and the Deepfake week) that led the HGs to distrusting him in the game, as a reliable alliance member.  Leah has had nothing to do with Quinn's inexplicably bad reads on the rest of the house, and she certainly didn't have anything to do with him turning on the Trio last week and, ultimately, putting Joe up and watching his own, arguably, closest actual ally go out on his HOH.  

Quinn's game problem is that he is trying to thread the needle and play a Tyler-esque game where he's good with multiple alliances and sides of the house.  But, to paraphrase the great Lloyd Bentsen reference used with regard to Makensy earlier this week...  "Quinn, we've met Tyler.  We worked with Tyler. You, sir, are no Tyler."

. . . Let me rephrase that.

Quinn did a good job of tanking his game on his own, yes.  But Leah certainly struck the final blow this week.

Hope that that's better.

Edited by Rodney
  • Like 4
3 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

But that’s just it. Quinn is not trying to adapt Tyler’s strategy, Quinn is trying to be just like Tyler. Who played in a different house, with different people. Quinn has mentioned several people he admires (including Tyler), but aside from being like “I should do x/y/z because that player did x/y/z”, he seems to have no concept of how to translate those moves into THIS house, and HIS situation. 

And I legit think he can’t let go of his Leah fixation because it worked out for Cory, so it should work for him, too. I mean, America wasn’t into Cory at first, right? But this isn’t then, and Leah is not America.

I think this is so spot on. I agree completely. It's like on some level, he's living his fantasy of what his game would be like rather than the actual game unfolding around him. So all Leah had to do to ensure his loyalty was grant some basic overtures that fed into what he already was determined to believe. 

I think Quinn truly believes that there's a decent chance that Leah has feelings for him and hasn't given in because they're playing this game. Her sadness and frustration since his backdoor has probably only furthered this in his mind, and I'm sure he's equating it with America's three day cryfest when Cory was being evicted. He doesn't see that it's her game she's mourning and not him.

1 hour ago, LadyWave said:

37 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Paramount+ grants the option of watching it love right there on the app.

It does, but if you try to watch it live it will "search for local coverage" and then basically stream your local CBS station back to you. So if your local station isn't showing BB, you won't get it there either, I don't think. If you have a VPN you could try a different, non-hurricane covering station, if the app will accept use with a VPN. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Makensy, Angela, Leah, Quinn, Kimo, and Chelsie are talking about BB14 now.  All are feeling sad for, and absolutely hated, Jodi's quick eviction (though none of them remember her name).

Question.  Does BB ‘lock the door out before a hg leaves’ after someone has been evicted so they can’t leave every season? 

I am not thinking so great today but I think I remember something like that happening but don’t remember the why’s and when’s of it all. 

It’s ok to say ‘You are nuts, Ellee’ I won’t be offended. 

5 minutes ago, Ellee said:

Question.  Does BB ‘lock the door out before a hg leaves’ after someone has been evicted so they can’t leave every season? 

I am not thinking so great today but I think I remember something like that happening but don’t remember the why’s and when’s of it all. 

I think that's what happened when Frank was evicted in BB14. I feel like that's the only instance but I could be totally wrong on both counts lol.

29 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I think that's what happened when Frank was evicted in BB14. I feel like that's the only instance but I could be totally wrong on both counts lol.

It happened to Ryan and Allison in BB9, as well, and to Jag just last season when Matt's power blocked his eviction.

• LOL 1

Finally some game talk today!

Quinn is making another campaign to stick around.  He is still trying to stick with "the five."  Says that he's not making promises to the other side of the house.

Cam didn't give him much hope or feedback.

• Like 1

Angela has a one-on-one with Kimo in the rock room.

She says that she wants some assurances of safety in future weeks, but she has only Leah, while she knows that Kimo, Rubina, and T'Kor are tight.  Kimo agrees and appreciates Angela asking him.  But he's aware that he won't always have the numbers, despite being with two other people.  Angela brings up the possibility of him going up against any of Chelsie, Makensy, and Cam.  Angela would be the deciding vote.

Angela then asks what Kimo would say if he stayed.  Kimo tells Angela that she would benefit his game in that the competitions are more level, to which Angela says that that's beneficial to both of them.  But she needs other reasons to vote for him, since she's not his number one or two.  Kimo promises that he'd do his best to protect Angela from nominations, as he's found it unfair that she's been such an easy target so many times.  But he knows that he has to tread carefully with the rest of the house.  He is gunning for the next HoH.

Angela asks what if Cam, Makensy, or Chelsie wins?  The girls may not want her there for winning two HoHs.  She also pulled out a theory that involved everybody.  She told it to two people, but it got back to him.  Kimo says that every person told him.  Angela tells people that she shot her mouth.  She shared it with Chelsie on her HoH, and it still got out.  She can't trust her.  Kimo admits that he heard her theory from Makensy, which means that Chelsie told her.

Angela says that she felt like Quinn was cooking something up with the trio and Leah.  She thinks that it could still be right, but she knows that she could be wrong, as well.  Kimo assures her that that wasn't happening.  Especially not with him at risk at the time.

Now the part that shows that Angela is out of the loop.  She tells Kimo that she could vote for him to stay.  But he'll have to work on the talks with others.  (Never mind that Kimo has the votes to stay already.)  She would be willing to vote for him to stay, because Quinn would be out to get here.  She'd rather keep Kimo than Quinn.  However, she is still worried about Kimo, T'Kor, and Rubina being three strong votes.

Interrupted when Cam comes in wearing some of Chelsie's extensions, but then, he leaves.

Talk continues.  Angela says that the fact that Kimo is part of a strong threesome is making him a target and might prove a factor in his safety.  Angela also warns him about Quinn being a snake in the grass in multiple alliances.  He even threw Joseph, his supposed best friend, on the block.  He has no problem calling people out at nomination ceremonies.  He's a physical threat.  A fanboy.  Even the lying.  BB player all the way.

Angela says that Kimo could say that the girls brought him a sense of comfort, and also point out that everyone has someone to whom to talk.  Angela wonders why she can't have one?  (As if the answer's not clear.)  But she's willing to pivot as the game goes along.  She also tells Kimo that he keeps the house bright and happy, even when he's nominated.  Those are attributes of his that could help.  She wants to bring up these things to others.

This would all be great strategy if Kimo were actually in danger.  Weird how Angela and Leah are still unaware that he has the votes to stay.

Anyway, fish come up, so no more talk there.

Angela asked Kimo to let her know later if he thinks of anything else he could do for her, lol.

Now she's asking if he would always vote with T'Kor and Rubina, and did he always vote how he wanted or was he told?

. . . He did actually respond and say that maybe a couple of times, he was "instructed."

Whoa.

Seems like Angela is trying to pry Kimo away from his trio.  Asked him how often he votes for himself and how much he’s been influenced by others.  That did seem to have a bit of an effect on him.  Like something did occur to him.

Gives him a last hug and says he reminds her of hugging her son.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, LadyWave said:

I think you can watch live programming on cbs.com

Oh!  Kimo and Angela heard building outside during their one-on-one, so it sounds like another endurance HoH Competition tomorrow.

If that's the case, then let's close the book on any hope of an Angela HoH, a Kimo HoH, or a Leah HoH.  That's something that Cam, Makensy, or Rubina will win, for sure.

They're right to get Quinn out tomorrow since he'd crush an endurance competition.  (See: the wall.)

(edited)

Quinn's campaigning to Angela, and this stuck out as absurd.

Quinn: I won't put you up.
Angela: You've said that before and put me up.
Quinn: Yeah . . . uh . . .  but I was stressed before the wall, and, uh . . . there was the other time I did it. . . . Uh . . . I'm sorry?
Angela: So will you give me your word you won't put me up?
Quinn: Yes.
Angela: . . . Okay.  

I don't think that she really bought it, though.  Or at least I hope that she didn't.

Edited by Rodney
  • LOL 5

16 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Quinn's campaigning to Angela, and this stuck out as absurd.

Quinn: I won't put you up.
Angela: You've said that before and put me up.
Quinn: Yeah . . . uh . . .  but I was stressed before the wall, and, uh . . . there was the other time I did it. . . . Uh. . . I'm sorry?
Angela: So will you give me your word you won't put me up?
Quinn: Yes.
Angela: . . . Okay.  

I don't think that she really bought it, though.  Or at least I hope that she didn't.

IMG_1552.thumb.jpeg.18c620fcfccfb3b5560df98f0e847124.jpeg

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
52 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Kimo and Angela heard building outside during their one-on-one, so it sounds like another endurance HoH Competition tomorrow.

Slip n slide, maybe? Clown shoe?

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Well, Quinn talked to Chelsie earlier, but I only caught a minute.  It sounded like she was considering keeping Quinn only if Cam and Makensy were down, but she could've been BS'ing him.

Then, I switched to watch the show.

This is a big move that Chelsie and Makensy made.  They really risk him being vengeful against them if they walk back from this now.

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Quinn's telling T'Kor that if she wins, she'd be a great representative of this season and of what a winner should be.

Ooooooookay, Quinn.

#PuckerUpBub 

• LOL 4

Best I can tell from tonight's whispering, Quinn is still slated to go.

Earlier, Rubina was talking to Kimo about Quinn's gameplay. She noted that he is trying to play like players in past seasons, but he's just copying their gameplay rather than adapting it to this house and this season. 

Rubina: She's just like us!

• Like 10

Looong clearing-the-air conversation between Chelsie and Leah.  They dissect perceived slights, crossed signals, hurt feelings, and house gossip that has affected both of them. It's all very conciliatory and has the tone of two friends making up after a long estrangement. 

On a personal level, it feels very genuine. On a game level, it's a little more murky. Chelsie swears she is not in any alliances, that she (like everyone else) is simply playing her own game. She explains her reasoning behind her moves and it all sounds very rational.  She debunks Leah's theory of a totem pole that supposedly has Leah on the bottom. The bad feelings of the last few days are discussed, apologized for and forgiven. They promise to move forward with better communication and more trust. The room is heavy with mist.

I can't say I like Chelsie, but I am in AWE of her social game. I don't think I've ever seen anyone better.

One funny moment: Leah mentions how Joseph was comparing himself to Dr. Will. Chelsie laughs, noting that saying you're playing that kind of game is the opposite of playing that kind of game. Leah compares it to a time when a reporter asked Avril Levigne if she was punk. "It's not punk to say you're punk", Avril supposedly retorted. Neither of them think Joseph is punk. 

• Like 6
11 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Leah and Makensey do their usual baby talk routine.

Chelsie, annoyed: "Can you two talk like adults?"

I may have to rethink my stance on Chelsie.

Isn't Chelsie a BB fan, maybe even a bit of a super-fan?  She may be one of us with an annoyed request like that, lol.

• Like 1

Kimo, T'Kor and Rubina have spent hours taking out T'Kor's braids. She's yelping when they pull too hard and complaining that Kimo's sections are coming out too poofy. They talk about Joseph and his recently revealed secret alliances. They are coming to the stunned realization that maybe they weren't his priority all along!

3 minutes ago, HighQueenEB said:

She may be one of us with an annoyed request like that, lol.

She was certainly reading MY thoughts! I just don't where she's been all season. 

• Like 2
(edited)

I'm excited to see what Ainsley has in store tonight. And hoping HOH is an endurance we get to watch right after the show. I kinda hate that I'm still invested in a BB season this far in lol.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Like 1
  • LOL 5
(edited)

Me waking up this morning:  Man, I REALLY need to go to bed early tonight!

Me three minutes later: Damn it, I have to stay up to see who wins HOH. 

Although if it ISN'T endurance, and there's no AI Arena, could we possibly get it live tonight?  Meh, it's going to be endurance and I'm going to go to bed at midnight again.

I'm calling a Cam HOH because we haven't really had a boring week in awhile and are due one.

Edited by Katesus7
  • LOL 6

They have to show a lot in tonight's episode, the veto ceremony, the after the veto ceremony, the trying to convince Angela, then the campaign, then the vote, then the interview.... They need a competition on Sunday so I don't think they will show the HoH comp tonight.

• Like 1

Which would make the schedule from this point on as follows:

9/12 (tonight): F9 to F8 Eviction.
9/15: F8 HoH and Nominations.
9/18: F8 Veto.
9/19: F8 to F7 Eviction.
9/22: F7 HoH and Nominations.
9/25: F7 Veto.
9/26: F7 to F6 Eviction.
9/29: F6 HoH and Nominations.
10/2: F6 Veto.
10/3: F6 fo F5 to F4 Double Eviction (presumably, unless the double comes earlier).
10/6: F4 HoH and Nominations.
10/9: No episode, for some reason.
10/10: F4 Veto and F4 to F3 Eviction.
10/13: F3 HoH (all parts), F3 to F2 Eviction, Jury Questioning, and Winner Vote.

• Thanks 4
  • Useful 4
(edited)

So Angela, Rubina, Makensy, and Chelsie at least felt the earthquake that hit L.A. last night.

1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:

That’s gonna kill Superfan Quinn. He’s been keeping up his spirits by at least looking forward to chatting with Julie. And now he gets debriefed by Kangaroo Jack?

That's just the cherry on top of the shit sundae that's been his BB experience.  Two botched HoHs (the Deepfake one and the normal one), backdoored out of the game, outlasted by Angela, and now Julie's not even going to interview him.

Edited by Rodney
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, SummerDreams said:

They have to show a lot in tonight's episode, the veto ceremony, the after the veto ceremony, the trying to convince Angela, then the campaign, then the vote, then the interview.... They need a competition on Sunday so I don't think they will show the HoH comp tonight.

They have NEVER shown an HOH competition on live TV this season.

31 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Julie has Covid so Jerry O’Connell is hosting tonight.

That's interesting.  I don't even know who that guy is nor do I really care.  I just want to know it the house guests will call him "ravishing" too.

And like 30 Helens said above, will Quinn die live on stage when Julie isn't there to greet him?

That is if these idiots don't flip the vote again because overthinking themselves into insane moves at the last moment is what they are best at.

Edited by Skooma
  • Like 5
  • LOL 1
9 minutes ago, Skooma said:

That's interesting.  I don't even know who [Jerry O’Connell] is nor do I really care. I just want to know it the house guests will call him "ravishing" too.

Jerry O’Connell is the Emasculated Male archetype stand-in on The Talk - so your odds ain’t bad.  😄

• Applause 1
  • LOL 6
13 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

I think O'Connell would actually make for a good Big Brother host. 

You know that dude would actually study the game and shit. 

Yeah; I’m sure more than a little of my distaste for O’Connell stems from how strongly he leans into his Assigned Doofus position on The Talk, so it may simply be an indication of how deeply Jerry immerses himself in a role…

…then again, maybe not.  😁

9 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

So what you’re saying is, Quinn should be able to relate?

Dunno - maybe, maybe not; O’Connell is a professional emasculatee, after all, while Quinn isn’t much more than an enthusiastic amateur…. 😁

• LOL 6

Interesting. The DE is usually at F7, so maybe they've finally figured out that going from seven to five is deadly for the feeds and decided to push it closer to the end. Or they want to maximize this cast's potential for flip-flopping while they have the numbers to do so. Or both.

Jerry O'Connell, huh? Kind of hoping he does all the Chenbot-isms so the hamsters think they're being deepfaked on live TV.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Rodney said:

That's just the cherry on top of the shit sundae that's been his BB experience.  Two botched HoHs (the Deepfake one and the normal one), backdoored out of the game, outlasted by Angela, and now Julie's not even going to interview him.

And now, on the episode preview posted by Us Mag, it sounds like Leah admitted in the DR that she has a bit of a crush on Quinn.

This shit is hilarious. Also I hope she gets over it soon. She Stockholm Syndromed herself into a crush.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Mind Blown 3
  • LOL 6
21 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

And now, on the episode preview posted by Us Mag, it sounds like Leah admitted in the DR that she has a bit of a crush on Quinn.

This shit is hilarious. Also I hope she gets over it soon. She Stockholm Syndromed herself into a crush.

If Quinn is thinking, he'll stuff himself with milkshakes and triple cheeseburgers in the jury house, so by the time Leah shows up he'll have a little pudge. It might just push her over the edge.

• LOL 13