Type keyword(s) to search

S06.LIVE CHAT All Episodes

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Bees52 said:

Why do I suddenly feel like dancing a jig, if I could? Oh, we're back in Ireland!  🎵

Scotland?

Somewhere!

The Music of Cultural Stereotypes lives on. Its Ireland, so we have to be reminded by the sound of a fiddle playing a jolly jig!

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Oh, so NOW you two realized you should have announced you're married, about two years ago.

And, we're done! 🎉Hopefully, if no other event distracts me next week, I'll see y'all on Sunday!
✌🏿️❤️

• Like 4
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, EtheltoTillie said:

Heading over to Mama’s Boy. Who’s joining me?  

Sorry, I cannot handle those weirdos. 

Have a wonderful week, peeps! @sainte-chapelle, sending hugs across the miles with tons of good wishes for your mother's speedy recovery! And my dear @judylo, try not to fret. Its a lot, but it will pass. Sending love. And 70 is AWESOME. Love you all loads, my snarky darlings. Smooches!

• Like 4
  • Love 4

Didn’t know where to put this:

Spoiler

90 Day Fiance star Big Ed, 59, gets engaged to new girlfriend, 29, just 24 HOURS after meeting her at sandwich shop.  (Daily Mail)

Famewhores gotta fame whore. Guess Ed doedsn’t want to get kicked off of the 90 Day gravy train. He’ll do anything for that paycheck.

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Angry 1
  • LOL 3
10 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

I read the first Jackson Brodie. 

The new one's a Jackson Brodie! There are about 6 in the series now. All great. Her other books are great too. Life After Life is astonishingly good. And Behind the Scenes at the Museum. Oh hell, they're ALL great! 

Did you know that Case Histories was adapted into a TV series? The very dishy Jason Isaacs plays Brodie. I think its on Peacock these days. 

7 hours ago, kirklandia said:

No spoilers!  I have a hold at the library - I'm #56 in the queue.

I would never, ever spoil! You'll love it.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

The new one's a Jackson Brodie! There are about 6 in the series now. All great. Her other books are great too. Life After Life is astonishingly good. And Behind the Scenes at the Museum. Oh hell, they're ALL great! 

Did you know that Case Histories was adapted into a TV series? The very dishy Jason Isaacs plays Brodie. I think its on Peacock these days. 

I would never, ever spoil! You'll love it.

Yes, I actually found this out recently.  I started watching a couple of weeks ago. 

@Pepper Mostly you seem to like the British mysteries.  Have you read Cara Hunter?  I'd be interested in your opinion.  She started out with a couple of good ones--twisted, but interesting--but then she went off the rails with the third one I tried.  The one where they are making podcast. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

Yes, I actually found this out recently.  I started watching a couple of weeks ago. 

@Pepper Mostly you seem to like the British mysteries.  Have you read Cara Hunter?  I'd be interested in your opinion.  She started out with a couple of good ones--twisted, but interesting--but then she went off the rails with the third one I tried.  The one where they are making podcast. 

I haven't, though truth be told I don't read novels that much. Non fiction is more my jam, though of course there are exceptions, like Kate Atkinson! Its so disappointing when you find a new writer and they can't keep up the momentum. Or something gets great reviews and it turns out to be dog. I tried one of the Three Pines books because I heard so much great stuff about them, and it was the worst piece of shit I ever endured. I had to read it through because I was on the bus and had nothing else, but my god. And do NOT get me started on anything set in Salem. Every single one I've tried I hurled across the room before I hit 100 pages. I do like a good mystery but in my experience they are thin on the ground! I do love British books like Angela Thirkell's Barseshire series, and D. E. Stevenson. And I like Indian writers, A Suitable Boy is probably my favorite book ever. 

1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I haven't, though truth be told I don't read novels that much. Non fiction is more my jam, though of course there are exceptions, like Kate Atkinson! Its so disappointing when you find a new writer and they can't keep up the momentum. Or something gets great reviews and it turns out to be dog. I tried one of the Three Pines books because I heard so much great stuff about them, and it was the worst piece of shit I ever endured. I had to read it through because I was on the bus and had nothing else, but my god. And do NOT get me started on anything set in Salem. Every single one I've tried I hurled across the room before I hit 100 pages. I do like a good mystery but in my experience they are thin on the ground! I do love British books like Angela Thirkell's Barseshire series, and D. E. Stevenson. And I like Indian writers, A Suitable Boy is probably my favorite book ever. 

Three Pines!  I do not understand the popularity of Louise Penny.  So dull!

I do read a fair number of "literary" novels.  I belong to an informal three-person book club.  My mystery novel reading is separate from that. 

• Love 1