Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Night

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I mean, there's a million Jedi running around the High Republic. You're going to have redshirts. I think the show did a good job with Jecki and portrayed a developing understanding and emerging friendship with Osha. I was actually surprised she died. 

I think you needed Smilo Ren (this is why we have the internet) to rip through a whole bunch of them to show that these Jedi just are ready (ha!) for a real threat to them in the Force. They tromp around the witches; everyone dies. They rush to save the Wookiee Jedi; everyone dies. 

Maybe I missed it in previous episodes but where was stated that there are million Jedi? It would mean that in 100 years they will loose 99% members of Order as during prequels there are 10000 Jedi.

(edited)
23 hours ago, paigow said:

Is Cortosis the LucasVerse equivalent of Vibranium? There is only 1 pound of it in the entire galaxy?

IIRC cortosis in old lore was rare(I wouldn't say rare as vibranium) and had energy resistant properties which was effective againts lightsaber but also blasters. But it was kind of fragile so if you would have shield from cortosis it could broke after several hits from lightsaber.

Edited by Grimnar

When was Palpatine actually born? Because I thought Dooku was born soon, no? 

Would Yoda be at the Council at this point? I can certainly see the Council having top secret files that your Qui Gon level Jedis wouldn't know. 

In TPM, the fact that there's Sith (Maul) out and about and a civil war going on, no one is really going to worry about an isolated incident 100 years ago.

On 6/27/2024 at 2:30 PM, DoctorAtomic said:

If the show is going for the bonkers, how great would it be if Mae repents and is trained as a padawan, while Osha becomes the Acolyte? 

This, legitimately, is what I'm hoping for.  I want to like Osha but she is so darn boring and it actually would be an interesting idea to have a show focused on taking the "good" twin and turning her to the dark side.

I'm totally taking credit if this happens. 

I would think the show is going for something besides the usual Jedi v Sith. 

My other guys is that the sisters probably join forces at the end to defeat Smilo. 

• Like 1
On 6/27/2024 at 2:30 PM, DoctorAtomic said:

I think Smilo (love it) clearly knows because at the end when he rolled Osha over, they had a very clear shot on her arm tattoo. 

Unless he hasn't been paying attention, Mae has long hair.  The passed out twin does not.

On 6/28/2024 at 6:12 PM, Fool to cry said:

I don't know but a part of the fandom had their minds made up not to like the show and give it a chance. 

That is very true. I am not one of those people. I went into this series with a totally open mind. 

5 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Would Yoda be at the Council at this point? I can certainly see the Council having top secret files that your Qui Gon level Jedis wouldn't know. 

Based on this website  https://www.yodasdatapad.com/ages.html and Wookieepedia I am going with yes; Yoda would be on the Jedi Council at this point.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, sandrajane said:

Unless he hasn't been paying attention, Mae has long hair.  The passed out twin does not.

She gave herself a haircut. But let's see if she disguises the forehead tattoo.

• Like 1

No, it's not that Mae cut her hair. Osha always had shorter hair. So Smilo should notice that. Mae cut her hair and then went off with Sol. Smilo wouldn't have seen her with the shorter hair at all. 

I always start these shows excited for something new. The D+ shows have been hit or miss for me. I absolutely love Mando and Grogru, I liked BOBF, especially when my two favorites showed up. Andor was a masterpiece to me, and I even liked Obi-Wan. 

I absolutely disliked Ahsoka mostly because I could not stand the way Rosario Dawson played her, and I found Sabine horrible. 

This show - I just don't know yet. I'm not invested in these characters like I was immediately with Din Djarin and Grogru. I hope we focus on our new baddie from here on out - I love me some Jason Mendoza, and I am mildly interested to see what VERY BAD THING the Jedi did to those witches.

• Like 1

Acolyte is the show I had been most hyped for out of all the Disney shows, but it’s not doing it for me. This was the best episode so far, but even it has corny dialogue and some poor choices in general.

If anything I feel this show has beginnings of interesting ideas, but they weren’t developed or processed enough before they started producing, everything feels kind of half-baked. So here we are now with a Kylo Ren-ish guy who is grusomely snapping necks of people while monologing in a way that can only appeal to viewers who are children.

• Like 1
On 6/26/2024 at 12:12 AM, dwmarch said:

My only objection is that a half-dozen people with laser swords should easily defeat a single person with a laser sword. Instead, they fight in this style like they're doing karate katas where there are six attackers who only approach one at a time. Surround him and whack him from all sides, one of you will hit him!

I know, right? I believe there is a trope for that. It happens when a big character fights a swarm of opponents. It is always the character fights the opponents one by one. Even if it risks killing one or some of the opponents, the result should be better than being killed one after another by the big character.

22 minutes ago, TV Anonymous said:

I know, right? I believe there is a trope for that. It happens when a big character fights a swarm of opponents. It is always the character fights the opponents one by one. Even if it risks killing one or some of the opponents, the result should be better than being killed one after another by the big character.

@dwmarch too, couldn't agree more. It doesn't matter if you're a tenth degree blackbelt, if ten people attack you at once, you're going to lost. Doesn't matter if the ten people are trained at all. The black belt might be able to knock out three people if he's a superhero, but numbers are numbers and he's going to get tackled by multiple people, and that's that. Swords are the same thing: yes, one or two people are going to get stabbed or sliced by his sword, but that's the price of engagement. If he's hitting someone with his sword, nine swords are still attacking at once. 

• Like 1

Right, but they at least tried to give a fair cheat with the helmet and Yord saying he got in your head. So, if I'm a blackbelt fighting essentially 10 drunk yellowbelts, I like my chances. The Jedi are weak because they're not in fighting shape. The Jedi of the PT? No, that shouldn't happen. Jedi Trinity shouldn't have been killed either imo, but if she's well below a Qui Gon or even Kenobi, then sure, I can buy it. 

I mean, there's a level of buy in. Everyone is entitled to their own level. Part of the problem I think is the lack of world building where we don't really know if in fact these are weaker Jedi. I'm inferring from Yord. 

• Like 2

They took a while to reveal Qimir’s face in this episode, but I had already recognized Manny Jacinto’s arms, so it was unnecessary.