Type keyword(s) to search

Rainbow Hearts and Unicorn Stickers: A Positivity Thread

• Start Topic

Happy September — into the home stretch now! I don't care what the naysayers, er, say — summer TV has been particularly bad this year, and I for one am looking forward to this ridiculous show being back on my screen in all its cheap CGI glory.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Curio said:

That reminds me, do we want to do another live chat thread for the Season 6 premiere? I'm bummed I didn't get to participate in the live chat for the Season 5 finale. 

We will have a live chat thread for the season premiere!

• Love 3

Is it sufficiently positive for this thread to say that I'm excited to have a live thread about the episode, although not really about the episode itself?  Even if the episode is horrific, the thread will be fun.

• Love 2

I'm excited for them to go back to the season 1 model of smaller story arcs. They may not pull it off, but I'm glad they're willing to change it up a little. I'd definitely be less excited if we were about to start a half-season that was just everyone going to Agrabah then killing the big bad in the penultimate episode before setting up a similar half-season somewhere else.

It was getting too same-y, and the reason this show appealed to me in the first place was the charmingly stupid premise of a modern town where everyone happens to also be a fairytale character. 

I'm excited for the new season to see Zelena and Regina's relationship get hashed out some more. Aladdin and Jasmine look awesome so far. I'm looking forward to seeing Lana give two performances this season, mainly because she's one of the best actors of the regulars.

Well, at least the first episode of the Princess Emma of the Enchanted Forest AU managed to not be about how much better everyone's life was because Regina killed her own father to make other people unhappy.

I wasn't expecting the show to manage that, and they did.  I am pleasantly, if warily, surprised.

• Love 1

Oh dear. There hasn't been much positivity this year.

I did like the obscure fairy tale references throughout S6. The Three Bears Spa. Aesop's Tables. The random sightings of Tom Sawyer, Davy Crockett, and the vikings. It gave the world some character, and it was fun to see modern spins on fantasy icons. Isn't that sort of thing what we signed up for? Let's have hope™ that continues on through S7.

• Love 4

Some of my favorite smiling moments were the five second throw away scenes...Snow and the Vikings, David and Hook actually turning around when making the potion "just to play it safe".

...and I adored ten times over the musical episode. Perhaps it's my musical theater past, but I was smiling and laughing the entire episode.

• Love 8