Type keyword(s) to search

S6.E13: Ring of Fire

• Start Topic

Season 6 Finale:

The Somalian terrorist group behind the death of Agent Hobbs resurfaces, sending the team on a chase to take them down for good.

Air Date: May 21, 2024

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Love 1

Great season finale overall IMO - fitting conclusion to the season’s ongoing storyline. I figured all along that Tiffany would kill Hakim, it was the only natural way to end the story, but it was still very intense and satisfying to watch play out. I guess Hakim was going for his gun like Tiffany said, but I wasn’t sure at first and I liked how the scene played out, with Maggie being unsure just like the viewers were of what exactly happened. It was satisfying to see Tiffany blow him away, and I liked how they kept the storyline going through the season but have it wrapped up nicely now. 
Everyone got a nice role, all of the field agents plus Jubal/Isobel/the analysts, it was a nice team investigation of getting to the bottom of what was going on. I liked Jubal’s scene with Tiffany after the shooting at the house. OA twice made nice moves to lure out the bad guys allowing others to take them out - first with Maggie at the warehouse and then with Scola in the woods.   
Overall this was a stellar ending to the season - suspenseful, intense case with good teamwork and a fitting ending to the storyline of Hakim. Probably my favorite episode of this season actually. This is a consistently entertaining show - look forward to season 7 in the fall.

• Like 5

It was a tightly driven episode.  Mr. ex-Army guy is still going to jail for assault, PTSD be damned.  I had to laugh at OA and Maggie losing control of a suspect on a pier and having to chase him down.  Of course, if he contacts the press and starts spilling a story, it's going to be interesting to see how the State Department spins the story about a couple of murders and the complete destruction of a vehicle in public view and an attack at a public event. "Nothing to see here, folks.  Just move on."

Does anyone know if the under-vest jackets are a nod to actual tactical gear?  I mean, it's way too hot for them otherwise.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Dowel Jones said:

it's going to be interesting to see how the State Department spins the story about a couple of murders and the complete destruction of a vehicle in public view and an attack at a public event. "Nothing to see here, folks.  Just move on."

That looked like a lot of bodies.

• Like 2

I have been watching FBI this season on Amazon Prime with a Paramount Plus subscription.  All previous 12 episodes have been available to me.   But now Amazon is trying to squeeze me for another $1.99 to watch this episode even though I already pay extra for Paramount+.   Does anyone know a way around this?  

4 minutes ago, millennium said:

I have been watching FBI this season on Amazon Prime with a Paramount Plus subscription.  All previous 12 episodes have been available to me.   But now Amazon is trying to squeeze me for another $1.99 to watch this episode even though I already pay extra for Paramount+.   Does anyone know a way around this?  

It should be available sometime in the next few hours via cbs.com on a laptop. 
I haven't figured out why I get asked to provide a cable TV subscription provider login if I use my Roku TV or my iPhone.

(edited)
9 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

I haven't figured out why I get asked to provide a cable TV subscription provider login if I use my Roku TV or my iPhone.

Thanks, I just figured it out.   When you choose the series directly from the Prime Video homepage (it comes up for me because I have the Paramount+ subscription), the only option you are given for episode 13 is to pay $1.99.   Apparently Prime is hoping users will do this rather than make extra effort.   But if I search for "FBI Season 6" via the Prime Search Bar, I get search results that take me to all the episodes of Season 6, except now there are two choices for Episode 13 -- the "pay extra" option, and right below it, another choice that says "Included with your Paramount+ subscription."   Basically, Amazon is trying to double-dip and make money off customers already subscribed to Prime by initially blocking access to the season finale.

Edited by millennium
  • Useful 4
10 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

It was a tightly driven episode.  Mr. ex-Army guy is still going to jail for assault, PTSD be damned.  I had to laugh at OA and Maggie losing control of a suspect on a pier and having to chase him down.

I came here to say that at least they didn’t shout out his name from 30 feet away!

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
(edited)
20 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I figured all along that Tiffany would kill Hakim

Obviously. And completely legit. Because he has a pistol tucked into his waistband, under his shirt. So five bullets in his arse is quite legitimate and nothing at all to do with her personal feelings.

They went to so much trouble to legitimize Tiffany this episode, they should have has had Maggie shoot him.

18 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

it's going to be interesting to see how the State Department spins the story...

No conspiracy! It was

• "JFK" (1991 film): "one lone nut"
  • "The Parallax View" (1974 film): "one lone assassin"
  • "V for Vendetta" (2005 film): "a single lunatic"
  • "The Manchurian Candidate" (1962 film): "one lone madman"
  • "The Illuminatus! Trilogy" (1975 book): "lone nut"
  • "The X-Files" (TV series, 1993-2018): "one deranged individual"

It has to be one guy because if it were more, it would be a conspiracy, which the FBI failed to detect, infiltrate and take down.

Wow. Writers still trying to terrify the public with talk of Burner phones and Ghost guns. 

Ghost slingshot:

spacer.png

Edited by Netfoot
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1

A flag as signifier for gun was used on a show a few years ago with 2 tough-lady, rural, almost-crime-fighters. I asked about flag=gun on neighboring houses when looking to buy a home, but my daughter had never heard of it. Here it is again. Is this just a myth or…?
Scola and Tiff seem skeptical in spite of (or maybe because?) on this show almost everyone they investigate has a gun.
But Scola and Tiff don't realize they're fictional characters on a TV show, so, I don't know how this translates to real life. Joke or meme or fact:

• [SCOLA OR TIFF] We appreciate you doing this.
  • [DINER GUY/1ST SUSPECT CIVILIAN ASSISTING IN STAKEOUT] Well, believe it or not, I actually like putting bad guys in prison. I'm happy to help. Right there. Stop.…Oh, yeah, that's Jack. I don't know his last name, but he comes in here a lot. He lives in the neighborhood.
  • [SCOLA OR TIFF] Okay, do you know anything else about him? What he does for a living?
  • [DINER GUY] Just that he drives a pickup truck, and, um, he has a flag outside of his house. He said it keeps the criminals away.
  • [SCOLA OR TIFF] Really?
  • [DINER GUY] Yeah, you have a flag outside, people think you're a Republican. They think you own a gun.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Netfoot said:

They went to so much trouble to legitimize Tiffany this episode, they should have has Maggie shoot him.

Yeah, that was so...not surprising that Tiffany shot him.  It would've been much better if someone else had done it.  

Oh well, I hope Tiffany can finally unclench her jaw next season now that she got revenge.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
8 hours ago, Netfoot said:

So five bullets in his arse is quite legitimate and nothing at all to do with her personal feelings.

Well, chest, but, yeah.

• Like 1
(edited)

Aww, I thought it was a bad shooting.  I wanted it to be a bad shooting.  It looked like a bad shooting.   OA, Maggie and Scola thought it was a bad shooting! (they just didn't say it).  Their feeble reassurances and attaboys sounded like they were collectively whistling past the graveyard.  Hakeem hadn't even drawn the gun, still Tiff emptied her whole clip into his ribcage.  Bang bang!  Bang!  Bang!  Bang!  Bang! 

But he had a gun in his waistband under his coat.   I think he was thinking of shooting me!

What a lifeless season finale.  Totally color-by-number.  Not even an expansion or resolution of the Gemma-does-drugs sub-plot.  I still don't get all the sturm und drang over the dead agent who appeared in half an episode.  And right before our very eyes, Maggie is slowly evolving into Olivia Benson.   Now Ella's going on playdates supervised by some guy Maggie just met (and did you notice that "Ella" kinda sounds like "Noah?") .   If she were a fully-developed Olivia, that playdate would have gone seriously wrong by the second act.  But since Maggie is still in the Olivia larval stage the playdate was allowed to simply vanish from the episode.

I'm considering a change.org petition to FREE ISOBEL CASTILLE.   She is being restricted to a 25' x 25' office space and forced to wear drab clothing every day.   She needs to get out once in awhile and add some color to her wardrobe, especially now that it's spring.  Jubal somehow escapes the JOC every other episode so that he has free time to resolve family matters while supervising tense hostage situations.  Isobel cannot thrive under these claustrophobic conditions!

Edited by millennium
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
4 hours ago, millennium said:

I'm considering a change.org petition to FREE ISOBEL CASTILLE.   She is being restricted to a 25' x 25' office space and forced to wear drab clothing every day.   She needs to get out once in awhile and add some color to her wardrobe

Maybe Marcia Gay Harden from the canceled-too-soon So Help Me Todd can secret away a few fabulous blouses to Alana De La Garza aka Special Agent in Charge Isobel Castille.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
5 hours ago, millennium said:

I'm considering a change.org petition to FREE ISOBEL CASTILLE.

They should fire useless Jubal and put his salary towards this noble cause!

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
16 hours ago, millennium said:

Aww, I thought it was a bad shooting.  I wanted it to be a bad shooting.  It looked like a bad shooting.   OA, Maggie and Scola thought it was a bad shooting! (they just didn't say it).  Their feeble reassurances and attaboys sounded like they were collectively whistling past the graveyard.  Hakeem hadn't even drawn the gun, still Tiff emptied her whole clip into his ribcage.  Bang bang!  Bang!  Bang!  Bang!  Bang! 

But he had a gun in his waistband under his coat.   I think he was thinking of shooting me!

What a lifeless season finale.  Totally color-by-number.  Not even an expansion or resolution of the Gemma-does-drugs sub-plot.  I still don't get all the sturm und drang over the dead agent who appeared in half an episode.  And right before our very eyes, Maggie is slowly evolving into Olivia Benson.   Now Ella's going on playdates supervised by some guy Maggie just met (and did you notice that "Ella" kinda sounds like "Noah?") .   If she were a fully-developed Olivia, that playdate would have gone seriously wrong by the second act.  But since Maggie is still in the Olivia larval stage the playdate was allowed to simply vanish from the episode.

I'm considering a change.org petition to FREE ISOBEL CASTILLE.   She is being restricted to a 25' x 25' office space and forced to wear drab clothing every day.   She needs to get out once in awhile and add some color to her wardrobe, especially now that it's spring.  Jubal somehow escapes the JOC every other episode so that he has free time to resolve family matters while supervising tense hostage situations.  Isobel cannot thrive under these claustrophobic conditions!

I actually wanted it to be a bad shooting too--well, I suppose it would have been had there been no gun in his wasitband. I think she just suspected it was there. An investigation into it could have been interesting. Would Maggie have covered for her?

It was a pretty intense episode, though I figured it was inevitable that Hakim would die by Tiff's hand. Lots of good teamwork going on rather than just Tiffany out there as a vigilante. Curious as to whether her shooting of him will be revisited at all next season or just be a closed book. Maybe just a throwaway line that she was cleared.

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, MarylandGirl said:

I actually wanted it to be a bad shooting too--well, I suppose it would have been had there been no gun in his wasitband....

Hello?  It clearly was a bad shoot. Because you have a firearm in your waistband doesn't give Butthurt Tiffany license to shoot you five times at point blank range!

• Like 3

It’s a solid finale except for the Maggie/Ella subplot.

Does Maggie have the authority to bench Tiff before they breach the warehouse? She doesn’t consult with Jubal on this matter. Jubal knows Tiff has been working on her issues and making a progress. Maggie doesn’t know about this.

It’s written all over Maggie’s face that she doesn’t believe Tiff about a gun on Hakim. Not a little empathy, no benefit of the doubt until she sees one.

Out of the blue, Jessica had an estranged brother with a daughter around the same age as Ella. Everybody can see a custody battle arc from miles away. UGH.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Netfoot said:

Hello?  It clearly was a bad shoot. Because you have a firearm in your waistband doesn't give Butthurt Tiffany license to shoot you five times at point blank range!

Good point! I guess I sort of wanted her to get in trouble for it, for them to check his body for it and find nothing. She kind of lucked out. And I'd think they'd comment on the excess force/bullets used. Though maybe next season?

15 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

Out of the blue, Jessica had an estranged brother with a daughter around the same age as Ella. Everybody can see a custody battle arc from miles away. UGH.

A custody battle that should not happen because Maggie should cede custody to the uncle.  After a complete background check of course. A temporary guardianship that the old friend  decided on at the last minute and without expectation that she would die doesn’t mean Maggie should get permanent custody.  Doesn’t  mean that Jessica even wanted Maggie to get permanent custody. The little girl is  terrified  that Maggie will die on the job. The uncle isn’t going to have that problem.   

• Like 6
1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

A custody battle that should not happen because Maggie should cede custody to the uncle.  After a complete background check of course. A temporary guardianship that the old friend  decided on at the last minute and without expectation that she would die doesn’t mean Maggie should get permanent custody.  Doesn’t  mean that Jessica even wanted Maggie to get permanent custody. The little girl is  terrified  that Maggie will die on the job. The uncle isn’t going to have that problem.   

So the person that the child's parent decided to name as guardian should give up custody to a person that said parent was estranged from?

If Jessica had wanted her brother to raise her child, she would have named him or maybe made the effort to reconcile with him long before it became an issue. 

Realistically speaking she should have had a named guardian for Ella from day one.  Every parent should have a contingency plan.

• Like 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Ceindreadh said:

So the person that the child's parent decided to name as guardian should give up custody to a person that said parent was estranged from?

If Jessica had wanted her brother to raise her child, she would have named him or maybe made the effort to reconcile with him long before it became an issue. 

Realistically speaking she should have had a named guardian for Ella from day one.  Every parent should have a contingency plan.

Jessica didn’t intend for Maggie to raise her child either.  She didn’t even think to name Maggie as a temporary guardian until the hospital asked her to name one a few minutes before surgery. The person  I might name  to watch my child if my outpatient surgery became an overnight stay isn’t who I would name  as a permanent guardian.  She  didn’t  ask Maggie if she’d be okay with raising her child either.  Maggie’s responsibility is to find the child a good home - it doesn’t have to be with her.  Jessica’s brother may be a perfectly good parent even if he and Jessica didn't get along.   Maggie needs  to vet him and then make a decision she can live with. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 4
On 5/22/2024 at 3:21 AM, shapeshifter said:

That's true for all the cable TV channels that let you watch on an app.  I get Max "free" because I have an old-school HBO subscription on cable.  I have to enter the credentials.  Same for Watch TCM and others (CNN, I think)  (Watch TCM does not even have a paid version).  Otherwise, you'd have to pay the app subscription fee. 

• Like 1