Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E13/S07.E14: Funeral/Memoir

• Start Topic

42 minutes ago, MarthaEllisanne said:

I suspect the spinoff will occasionally address how Mary, Missy, and Meemaw are doing, either in the dialog or with (hopefully) guest appearances of the actors. It would be weird for the new little family to function without references to Georgie’s family, especially since Mandy’s parents are going to be on the show. 

Unless the tire store relocates…somewhere?

Rewatching Funeral. Just noticed MeeMaw has a tissue tucked into her sleeve.

That’s continuity with the older MeeMaw on TBBT who pulled one out to show Amy.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
On 5/21/2024 at 12:41 PM, shapeshifter said:

Didn't he end up with a chain of tire stores ? 

3 minutes ago, Shrek said:

Didn't he end up with a chain of tire stores ? 

I don't think that will be a factor in the spin off.  It sounds like the new show will be picking up where Young Sheldon ends so Georgie will be working for Mandy's father in his store.  I am just hoping they aren't still living with Mandy's parents because they have Lorrefied the mother to the nth degree and I find her unwatchable.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Dimity said:

I don't think that will be a factor in the spin off.  It sounds like the new show will be picking up where Young Sheldon ends so Georgie will be working for Mandy's father in his store.  I am just hoping they aren't still living with Mandy's parents because they have Lorrefied the mother to the nth degree and I find her unwatchable.

I was replying to the question about the tire store relocating which wouldn't happen unless it was to a new location in the same town if the building was leased. I can't see one local tire store upping & relocating to a new city where they have no goodwill built in.

Georgie may decide to go it alone and open a new tire store somewhere else which would mean a relocation but that would seem very convoluted & quite a few years later if at all.

As you say if this picks up after YS ends then they will probably still be living with Mandy's parents or just moved into their own place. I can live with either as the relationship between Georgie & Mandy's father is already good and George's passing will probably push them even closer.

Both Mandy & her mother annoy me but the relationship between the guys has been on a good arc leading into the new series. 

• Like 3
27 minutes ago, Shrek said:

Both Mandy & her mother annoy me but the relationship between the guys has been on a good arc leading into the new series. 

This is the reason I am reluctant to watch the new show.  I freely admit I was wrong about Young Sheldon, I was never going to watch it because...reasons...but it ended up being one of my favourite shows.  That said though the weakness on Young Sheldon (to me) was that they built up George's character by diminishing Mary.  And it sounds like this new show is going down the same path.  Affable, nice guys married to shrewish controlling women.  It better have a lot more going for it than that!

• Like 3
On 5/20/2024 at 10:06 PM, Chit Chat said:

I wonder how many viewers are out there who watched YS and not TBBT and had no idea about the backstory of the characters and weren't spoiled to the ending.  I'm curious as to their reaction when this comedy ended on such a depressing note.  

I thought it ended on a high, inspiring note myself.

Also I can't imagine anyone NOT every watching The Big Bang Theory.  🤷‍♂️

On 5/21/2024 at 3:41 PM, shapeshifter said:

ON The Big Bang Theory I believe Sheldon went to talk to Georgie about coming to the wedding at his store in the Dallas area far far away from east Texas (Houston) area.

And yes Georgie owned a chain of tire stores by then.  He just personally was at the Dallas area one.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Dimity said:

Affable, nice guys married to shrewish controlling women.  It better have a lot more going for it than that!

That's the usual Chuck Lorre trope.

• Like 3

Since Mary, Missy, and Meemaw will not be on G&M, we won't get to see how Georgie helped them.  I hoped he helped them deal with their grief and shock, but maybe he was just generally supportive (helping them find a new place to live etc.)  Maybe they will tell us, but that's not as effective as showing.

• Like 2
On 5/18/2024 at 11:12 AM, rmontro said:

And yet Missy ended up still backing out, I was a little disappointed with that.

I was thrilled because I thought it was a shitty thing to do to try and guilt her into going through with it in the first place.

On 5/18/2024 at 11:04 AM, SnapHappy said:

Placating people that are desperate to somehow "save" the ones they love can be an act of kindness, not hypocrisy

I understand why Mary thought it was important and why Sheldon did it.  Pastor Jeff was the hypocrite in this situation for saying that Sheldon being baptized was a big get on his part since he knew it wasn't for real.

On 5/18/2024 at 2:10 PM, Lovecat said:

And I'll be over here all by myself, on my couch (in my spot) watching Georgie and Mandy's First Marriage.  I've really grown to love Georgie--the kid's not the brightest bulb in the string, but he's got a damn good heart. 

I'll join you, at least for a few episodes to see how it is.  I'm willing to give it a chance because I really like Georgie and his father-in-law and don't mind Mandy so much.

On 5/18/2024 at 4:05 PM, Skooma said:

Some religions think so.  Read up on the Mormon practice of "baptizing" dead people from other religions to save their souls.

I don't think Baptists do.  They're pretty much of the "you have to believe & be baptized" school, or at least that's what I remember from when I was a kid and had to go to church with my cousins after spending Saturday night at their house.

On 5/19/2024 at 4:18 PM, shapeshifter said:

Or maybe I’m just skeptical of families being supportive of one another during times of loss because I haven’t experienced it?
Seeing Missy and Sheldon and Mary acting out their grief seemed very realistic to me, and felt healing because it was.

I am used to families supporting each other during times of loss, but I still agree that how Missy and Sheldon interacted while grieving was very realistic and right for their characters.

On 5/19/2024 at 6:54 PM, Dimity said:

I always will wonder why they did that.  It just seemed mean.  Georgie was Dr. Tire and obviously very successful, Mary seems to have landed on her feet and has been living a fulfilled life with no lack of money, so why did they  randomly have Missy unhappy with her pregnancy and, apparently, separated from her husband?  The only follow up we get to future Missy is  voice overs on Young Sheldon where Sheldon says she is happy, has four children and has lots of friends (but he has a Nobel Prize so he wins).

So clearly the pregnant, not great marriage period was something she went through but not permanent.  Like in real life a lot of the time.  Although I did hope they'd hook her up with Raj at that point.

• Like 1