Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E07: She Used to Be Mine

• Start Topic

Airing May 9, 2024

An unexpectedly complex case brings back painful memories for Simone. Jules and Blue make a high-stakes bet on who can finish their procedure log first. Richard suspects Winston is avoiding him.

(edited)

There seems to be less hysteria this season, and I like that. I'm thinking maybe everyone is alive at season's end for a change. 🙂

I really like the new interns and the actors who play them.

Edited by JeanJean
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, ams1001 said:

I was starting to wonder how many shots the bartender was going to serve her...

Seriously.  In the course of what, two minutes, she had four or five shots?

Boring episode.  Winston really serves no purpose at that hospital now that Maggie is gone.  And I know the show has a history of the doctors yelling at patients or their visitors like the true unprofessionals they are, but Adams was way over the top yelling at those people. 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

And I know the show has a history of the doctors yelling at patients or their visitors like the true unprofessionals they are, but Adams was way over the top yelling at those people. 

When he said "you have no idea what he's been through" I said, "Well how the hell would they?" Likely no one in his life will truly have an idea of what he's been through. Does that mean they shouldn't visit or try to talk about any normal things? 

• Like 4
(edited)

I just can’t with this show anymore.  The car accident and affair plot was so stupid.  And what person actually talks to the dr’s about their sex life?  Especially dr’s (or anyone) they don’t even know?  Can’t they ever make this show realistic?  

Also is everyone gay or bi on this show?  That is usually is a non issue but on this show it just seems so contrived.  So many characters have a past same sex relationship or start a new one and then bring on all the guest stars that hit on Schmitt or are having an affair. 

And I am so over the oh I despise you but really I want to have sex with you but I’m going to be all clever and pretend I don’t want it but really I want to have sex in a car but going to pretend that’s the last thing I want and be all sarcastic about it with fake banter.  

Oh and then there is the patients telling private relationship issues to the dr and then that dr having an epiphany about their own life.  

Edited by Laurie4H
  • Like 2

Feel like the writers and I have different definitions of high stakes. Because if sex in a car and dinner at Joe’s is meant to be the result of Kwan and Jule’s ‘high stakes bet’ then snooze. They’re already friends with benefits who probably eat at Joes every night. Maybe the food is terrible and they’re risking food poisoning—but I kept waiting for messy medical shenanigans not simply dinner.

But Bailey and Simone at the end were really touching and well acted. Wonder if this will lead to her deciding to go into obstetrics. I know Yasuda is the fan favourite of the newbies but I really like Simone and how grounded she is (for the most part and when she’s out of Adams’ orbit). 

• Like 4
20 hours ago, ams1001 said:

I was starting to wonder how many shots the bartender was going to serve her...

I wondered if he was going to stop her from leaving without paying. 

• LOL 2
(edited)
25 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

I wondered if he was going to stop her from leaving without paying. 

I just imagine there's some huge tab list for all the Grey-Sloan docs. Like, Joe's should be part owner at this point for how much they probably owe in tabs but didn't pay, going back to the first season.

Also, I'm glad the birth ended with the mother still alive, at least for now. The similar ER episode made me fear having kids for a long time. Fun fact: The similar House episode (with pre-eclampsia) was playing in the waiting room while I was waiting to have a C-section (scheduled due to her being breech, but delayed because of some emergency cases coming in). Like, maybe you shouldn't play House in the waiting room? Thankfully, my C-section had no complications.

Edited by MarylandGirl
added stuff about the birth
  • Like 2
  • Hugs 1

I'm so sick of Simone. Almost every episode this season has ended with her as the tag.

Can we have just one episode where the interns are not getting all the screentime?

• Like 1

If they are looking to lose cast to save money, Winston can go. 

Can't stand Adams. I understand chip on the shoulder but he is insufferable. I like Yasuda. 

So glad that Lauren survived so far. 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, LisaM said:

If they are looking to lose cast to save money, Winston can go. 

Can't stand Adams. I understand chip on the shoulder but he is insufferable. I like Yasuda. 

So glad that Lauren survived so far. 

It tells me something that I still cannot remember which one is Adams. Is he the one who is carrying a torch for Simone and always looks tortured and annoying?

I agree--I also like Yasuda.

On 5/15/2024 at 9:08 PM, jcbrown said:

It tells me something that I still cannot remember which one is Adams. Is he the one who is carrying a torch for Simone and always looks tortured and annoying?

Yup, that is Adams. He is also the one that is Derrick and Amelia's nephew.

I also like Yasuda.