Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E14: For Old Tom’s Sake

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, princelina said:

No matter what is going on between Ariana and Daniel, I can see why she felt it was a good thing for her to bring a hot boyfriend onto the show! 😄

I enjoy immensely that Daniel’s body is better than Sandoval’s. It must really tick him off. Because, as he loves to remind everyone, Sandoval really is in very good shape these days. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
10 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I enjoy immensely that Daniel’s body is better than Sandoval’s. It must really tick him off. Because, as he loves to remind everyone, Sandoval really is in very good shape these days. 

I hate Sandoval but agree that he is in very good shape - but I wonder how much of that is from bad habits (speed, chain smoking, 400 laxatives…). Dan on the other hand is a trainer and I’m assuming puts lots of work into it.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I hate Sandoval but agree that he is in very good shape - but I wonder how much of that is from bad habits (speed, chain smoking, 400 laxatives…). Dan on the other hand is a trainer and I’m assuming puts lots of work into it.

Hahaha! 

That’s an excellent point. 

(Although, Sandoval also tries to plant himself in their gym, whenever the cameras are up.)

• Like 2
(edited)
On 5/1/2024 at 9:16 AM, Pop Tart said:

I think it's not just jealousy about the financial/entertainment opportunities Ariana  has received, it's that she has been offered them because Sandoval cheated on Ariana. And I know the voice in Lala's head is screaming "I was cheated on too! And I was married to the guy! And he did it publicly! Where's my sympathy? Where's my boost from being cheated on?" 

Of course we know it's different because we watched Tom and Ariana's relationship for ten years and because the cheating happened not only right under her nose but under our noses as well.

Not for nothing but in addition to all of the above, Lala is a foul mouthed, hothead, wild canon, no mannered, tacky psycho so it's not like she'd be an asset to any brand. Ariana is a normal person and doesn't behave inappropriately in public all the time so yeah, she has offers. Not that Lala would ever see this and learn from it. She's always been a petty vicious person and I doubt she will ever change.

Edited by surfgirl
  • Like 12
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Did Sandoval not live with Kristin for several years and then cheat on her with Ariana? Why did Ariana think she was different and above the same behavior?

This is not an invalid point.  I think the caveat would be that these events occurring at 18 months in a ratty apartment in your 20s is certainly different from them occurring at 10 years owning a house at 40, though. 

Yes, I did not check the tape and those are certainly estimates.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
13 minutes ago, Lassus said:

This is not an invalid point.  I think the caveat would be that these events occurring at 18 months in a ratty apartment in your 20s is certainly different from them occurring at 10 years owning a house at 40, though. 

Yes, I did not check the tape and those are certainly estimates.

And a prolonged affair -- with apparent talk of being "in love" -- with a mutual close friend, as opposed to some kind of something with a random chick. Plus all the subterfuge and collusion and the fact that it was going on right under her nose (even if she was present), and in her house while she was away because her grandma died -- all the shit that would plague my brain indefinitely if it happened to me.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
(edited)

Sure. But she wasn't also Kristen's good friend who hung out at group functions with Tom and Kristen; they don't appear to have done it in the apartment; I don't know, but I don't think, that the affair went on as planned even though Kristen's grandma and dog died... And while Ariana is not some innocent in the Kristen situation, it was Tom who was doing the actual cheating (in both situations).

Yes, it's the same crime, but a far different degree, in my opinion. 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, TattleTeeny said:

Sure. But she wasn't also Kristen's good friend who hung out at group functions with Tom and Kristen; they don't appear to have done it in the apartment; I don't know, but I don't think, that the affair went on as planned even though Kristen's grandma and dog died... And while Ariana is not some innocent in the Kristen situation, it was Tom who was doing the actual cheating (in both situations).

Yes, it's the same crime, but a far different degree, in my opinion. 

I don’t think in degrees of sadness or hurt, anyone who has been hurt would agree, hurt is hurt.  And although not similar circumstances, bottom line -it hurt Kristen.

• Like 2
(edited)
On 5/3/2024 at 5:19 AM, Lassus said:
On 5/2/2024 at 5:31 PM, Chatty Cake said:

Did Sandoval not live with Kristin for several years and then cheat on her with Ariana? Why did Ariana think she was different and above the same behavior?

This is not an invalid point.  I think the caveat would be that these events occurring at 18 months in a ratty apartment in your 20s is certainly different from them

What's that old adage, they'll leave you the same way they found you (also looking at YOU Lala)? Yeah, that one. And yet they always seem so shocked.

Edited by surfgirl
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
10 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I don’t think in degrees of sadness or hurt, anyone who has been hurt would agree, hurt is hurt.  And although not similar circumstances, bottom line -it hurt Kristen.

I know. I haven’t implied that Kristen wasn’t hurt. And back then, I thought that both Tom and Ariana were wrong(and I still do). And I like Kristen. But she herself doesn’t find the two scenarios comparable.

I am a part of “anyone who has been hurt” (who isn’t?) but I find that there are indeed most definitely different degrees of hurt — not that I can measure those degrees in anyone other than myself, obviously. 

It’s fine to disagree on this. 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
22 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

There is one thing that does annoy me. Did Sandoval not live with Kristin for several years and then cheat on her with Ariana? Why did Ariana think she was different and above the same behavior?

She's cooler, prettier and smarter than Kristen (or so she said 😂)

• LOL 2
On 5/2/2024 at 8:31 PM, Chatty Cake said:

I can see why Lisa pushed Penny their way. Those two really haven’t gotten anything done.  They aren’t cut out for all the hands on hard work it takes to start a business. An idea is great but it takes more than a cute name to get an actual sandwich shop up and running.

I think someone said Penny was an obnoxious contestant on a competitive reality show and I remember reading something about her trying to steal their business name.

On 5/2/2024 at 8:31 PM, Chatty Cake said:

There is one thing that does annoy me. Did Sandoval not live with Kristin for several years and then cheat on her with Ariana? Why did Ariana think she was different and above the same behavior?

Because very woman (and man) thinks "this time, it'll be different!".

• Like 3
13 hours ago, princelina said:

Definitely not smarter. The idiot bought a house with Sandoval.🤣

1 hour ago, Gharlane said:

I think someone said Penny was an obnoxious contestant on a competitive reality show and I remember reading something about her trying to steal their business name.

Because very woman (and man) thinks "this time, it'll be different!".

I don’t know anything about Penny. What I’ve seen with Katie and Ariana is not impressive. Both seem lazy. Ariana is a slob who leaves food containers on her nightstand. I can’t see her having a clean sandwich shop.Katie is negative and also seems lazy. I’m sure after the novelty wears off, people will go to Subway rather than pay for over priced Greek goddess sandwiches.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
(edited)
19 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

I know. I haven’t implied that Kristen wasn’t hurt. And back then, I thought that both Tom and Ariana were wrong(and I still do). And I like Kristen. But she herself doesn’t find the two scenarios comparable.

I am a part of “anyone who has been hurt” (who isn’t?) but I find that there are indeed most definitely different degrees of hurt — not that I can measure those degrees in anyone other than myself, obviously. 

It’s fine to disagree on this. 

The only difference I see is that Tom and Ariana were together longer and Ariana was betrayed by someone she considered a friend. When Ariana jumped in the sack with Sandoval, she wasn’t friends with Kristin but she certainly didn’t  give a shit about sleeping with someone else’s man. At  least Ariana got some money out of it and more attention than she would have otherwise. Plus she didn’t waste any time getting herself a new weird boyfriend. 

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Like 4
(edited)

I agree -- that was my point; that there are differences.

I generally don't think super highly of people who knowingly help someone else cheat -- especially if, once caught, they treat the wronged party cruelly (maybe "cruel" is too strong a word for how Ariana treated Kristen, considering that Kristen admits that she was not being her best self during that time [understandably]). But Ariana was still not the actual "cheater" while Raquel and especially Tom were. And if Kristen herself doesn't see her own situation to be as extreme as Ariana's, I certainly wouldn't. 

Did she get a new BF too quickly? How is that determined? I might venture that being betrayed on such a scale makes it easier, not harder, to commit to moving up and forward. Plus, she's not 22; in my experience, it doesn't take as long at her age to decide whether someone could be a good match.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1

Ariana has stated that she MET her new boy friend at a wedding ten days after Scandoval.  They didn't start dating ten days after

• Like 5

I feel like Katie and Ariana's sandwich shop has been talked about for years already! According to Professor Google, they introduced the shop in VP S09 (2021-22), and were supposed to open it in 2022 I think. I mean, shit or get off the proverbial pot already! I predict a big fail, unless crazed star fucker tourists to LA want to get a sandwich in the hopes of running into cast members.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, surfgirl said:

I feel like Katie and Ariana's sandwich shop has been talked about for years already! According to Professor Google, they introduced the shop in VP S09 (2021-22), and were supposed to open it in 2022 I think. I mean, shit or get off the proverbial pot already! I predict a big fail, unless crazed star fucker tourists to LA want to get a sandwich in the hopes of running into cast members.

I noticed that Ariana and Katie clarified that they needed to decide what Penny might merit at this location. 

Maybe it will be like The Agency, locations everywhere, global expansion. 

• LOL 4
2 hours ago, surfgirl said:

I'm sticking with fake shop for storyline - they only "work" on it during filming!

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
20 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

I agree -- that was my point; that there are differences.

I generally don't think super highly of people who knowingly help someone else cheat -- especially if, once caught, they treat the wronged party cruelly (maybe "cruel" is too strong a word for how Ariana treated Kristen, considering that Kristen admits that she was not being her best self during that time [understandably]). But Ariana was still not the actual "cheater" while Raquel and especially Tom were. And if Kristen herself doesn't see her own situation to be as extreme as Ariana's, I certainly wouldn't. 

Did she get a new BF too quickly? How is that determined? I might venture that being betrayed on such a scale makes it easier, not harder, to commit to moving up and forward. Plus, she's not 22; in my experience, it doesn't take as long at her age to decide whether someone could be a good match.

Bottom line, Ariana was a disgusting pig just like Raquel. Cheaters can’t cheat without a willing partner. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
On 5/3/2024 at 6:44 PM, princelina said:

I wonder if she regrets saying that. She’s definitely not smarter. I wouldn’t call her cool either. Kristen may have shown her some kindness after Tom cheated but she would never show compassion for someone else. She’s a bitter mean pig.

16 hours ago, princelina said:

I'm sticking with fake shop for storyline - they only "work" on it during filming!

Those two lazy things aren’t going to get a sandwich shop opened unless they have someone else doing all the work. Like that idiot, Ann.

• Like 1
(edited)
49 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Bottom line, Ariana was a disgusting pig just like Raquel. Cheaters can’t cheat without a willing partner. 

This doesn’t really have that much to do with what I was commenting about, so no, not my bottom line, but OK, I guess?

It seems like you think I’m saying that it was OK that Ariana helped Tom to cheat but not OK for Raquel. I am not and I clearly don’t think that, but I maintain my opinion that the two scenarios are different. Both wrong, but not to the same degree. Again, it’s fine to disagree. 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1

52 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

There’s always differences but at the same time, cheating is cheating. Whether it was 10 plus years ago and not as serious, Ariana was fine being a nasty cheating pig for Sandoval. Now she’s outraged and yelling at the man not to speak to her. Pig, he can speak to you all he wants. He’s filming the same show. Frankly, she should be grateful to him. She’s made a lot of money off the backs of Tom and Raquel. She’s not talented and doesn’t have much to offer so this made her. Most women who were cheated on don’t get commercials and dancing with the stars. The pig should enjoy it while she can, it will all end soon.

I have not said otherwise re. the first 2.5 lines of your post. But almost none of the rest of it has anything at all to do with my comments.

Clearly this means a lot to you, so I’m tossing out the ol’ “agree to disagree,” as excessive use of the word “pig” in this context is just gross, especially when there no equivalent assigned to Tom. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
1 minute ago, TattleTeeny said:

I have not said otherwise re. the first 2.5 lines of your post. But almost none of the rest of it has anything at all to do with my comments.

Clearly this means a lot to you, so I’m tossing out the ol’ “agree to disagree,” as excessive use of the word “pig” in this context is just gross, especially when there no equivalent assigned to Tom. 

Sorry, did not mean to offend. 
Yes Tom is also a pig but what I find annoying is that she knew this getting with him. 
Again, my apologies. Have a nice Sunday!

On 5/4/2024 at 2:27 PM, surfgirl said:

I feel like Katie and Ariana's sandwich shop has been talked about for years already! According to Professor Google, they introduced the shop in VP S09 (2021-22)

I could have sworn they started before the Pandemic! 😲

• LOL 3
On 5/1/2024 at 8:02 AM, Carolina Girl said:

"the coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco."

Dang so freaking true - I LOVED IT!  But there was 1 day in either July or September, maybe, 1999, it got to 100 degrees in some places.  It was BIZARRE and no one was ready for it.

Continuing the story of how much i can't stand these shitty people.  Screw you Brick "give me an example of male rage..."  Dude - i bet your ex wife can do that easily, but, let's have the editors do it for you!  I hope they play this at the reunion!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I have a sudden urge to say that I hope that I haven’t hurt the feelings of anyone here who may have gotten together with someone via cheating. I do know that sometimes shit happens and sometimes there are crazy circumstances and sometimes people get hurt in the process and sometimes the series of events in the process is in the ”wrong” order, but the result ends up right for the people involved. Usually those people make a mistake or have a moment and then take some steps to get shit on track (whatever that may mean to them). But I just don’t think that’s what went on with Tom Sandoval and Raquel.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

have a sudden urge to say that I hope that I haven’t hurt the feelings of anyone here who may have gotten together with someone via cheating

What kindness and empathy!!  I don't fit this particular description, but I've caught many strays on these boards.  I've had to quit reading certain forums because of women here describing reality tv women as having "disgusting" "saggy" boobs and I thought, well, shit. Might as well be talking about my disgusting, saggy boobs. It takes the fun out of these boards, tbh.

I think that getting together via cheating is obviously wrong, but I don't see why people want them to suffer for it (unless you're the wronged party, then I totally get it).  I've seen many times that people felt that she got what she "deserved" b/c Tom cheated on Kristen with her, but I don't think people "deserve" unhappiness.  If I could wish something upon people, it would be to find the healing and happiness in themselves to be better people going forward, not to be humiliated.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 3