Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: P.I.’s Wide Shut

• Start Topic

While Margaret helps Susan serve justice for a tennis coach accused of drugging a teen athlete, Todd and Lyle embark on an epic office prank war, on the CBS Original drama SO HELP ME TODD, Thursday, May 2 (9:01-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and streaming on Paramount+

Todd and Lyle in an epic prank war sounds beyond fantastic, because they have such different styles. My prediction is that Lyle is going to go for psychological/mind games/head games while Todd goes for destruction, inconvenience and pure annoyance. 

• Fire 1
(edited)

The prank war made me giggle. Figured that Alex 

Spoiler

was an FBI agent because the firm’s past history. Wondering what will happen to her and Lyle.

Allison wasn’t in it very much but she was still funny with what little material she had. The PED case was interesting- I just had a convo with some family members on boomers vs Gen X vs millennials vs Gen Z and it was hilarious how accurate it was.

Are they putting an obscene amount of makeup on Susan this season? It’s so distracting. 

Edited by twoods
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, twoods said:

Figured that Alex was an FBI agent because the firm’s past history. 

That didn't occur to me. I assumed Alex was working for a deep-pocketed client, not law enforcement. 

7 hours ago, twoods said:

Wondering what will happen to her and Lyle.

I assumed Lyle + Alex was fini, but maybe not?

Yes. I'm still hoping this show might get picked up by another network or streamer.

I'm glad Susan and Margaret are friendly again. It was refreshing for Susan to acknowledge that she was aware of Beverly's limits as an ally.
I f'loved the demonstration of how women especially have expiration dates on their career moves. 
The woman judge casually remarking about the glitter on Margaret's suit and person seemed like an extended metaphor for that sad reality that women share anxiety-inducing ticking clocks in every aspects of their lives.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
(edited)

*sigh* I’m really going to miss this show. I laughed harder at this episode than I’ve laughed at tv in awhile.  I’m not sure how Elsbeth got renewed, tbh. I couldn’t make it 15 mins, and what I’ve seen of the new Matlock show doesn’t seem promising either. 

Todd/Lyle really make a great pairing whether working together or against each other. And I loved how their pranks were mostly harmless, yet still hilarious. 

I wasn’t sure about Judy the first time we saw her, but I’ve since come to love her. Her willingness to just go along with whatever crazy idea Todd has is fantastic. She never bats an eye, it’s just all-in. I’m sad we’ll never get to see what could have been with these two, either romantically or just friendship-wise. 

So happy Susan and Margaret are back on good terms again. It was hard to watch them being at each others throats so much, especially because it seemed like it came out of nowhere. I understand Margaret not being completely honest about not promoting Susan at first, but given their history, I would have expected Susan to not just feel like Margaret was blowing her off. 

Bonus, minimal Alison to drag the show down. 

Edited by Bookworm13
  • Like 6

Hmm. I hope we at least find out what the FBI is investigating. My guess is that it has something to do with Beverly. She's very suspicious. 

• Like 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I f'loved the demonstration of how women especially have expiration dates on their career moves. 

I didn't realize that what they were discussing was specific to women lawyers. I thought it applied to lawyers more generally. 

3 hours ago, Bookworm13 said:

Todd/Lyle really make a great pairing whether working together or against each other. And I loved how their pranks were mostly harmless, yet still hilarious. 

Agreed. The pranks were pretty much what I thought each would do, and I throughly enjoyed them. I liked Todd and Lyle really working together. It's a shame we won't get to see more of it. I like to imagine hypothetical season 3 where we see Todd and Lyle competing with each other in some episodes, but also working together in other episodes. 

3 hours ago, Bookworm13 said:

I wasn’t sure about Judy the first time we saw her, but I’ve since come to love her. Her willingness to just go along with whatever crazy idea Todd has is fantastic. She never bats an eye, it’s just all-in. I’m sad we’ll never get to see what could have been with these two, either romantically or just friendship-wise. 

Judy is absolutely perfect for Todd. She lives for the chaotic vortex of comedy that is Todd's life and is eager to be drawn into and a part of whatever crazy thing is happening. She won't question or object, she's just thrilled to be along for the ride. I'm so sorry the series has been cancelled and we won't get to see the relationship develop further. 

Edited by Sarah 103
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I have grown to really like this show after being meh at the beginning.

Todd and Lyle - excellent

Even Susan is funny, at least to me.

I just saw CBS's new line up and it looks very weak.  It is hard for me to see why they cancelled this one just as it is hitting its stride.

Hoping someone else picks it up.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, kaygeeret said:

I just saw CBS's new line up and it looks very weak.  It is hard for me to see why they cancelled this one just as it is hitting its stride.

My working theory is that CBS has a severe aversion/allergy to any hourlong show that is not a standard dramatic procedural. 

• Like 3

Oh no! I hadn’t heard about the cancellation until I came here! Skyler doesn’t seem to be able to make it past 2 seasons! This is the 2nd show I’ve loved that he’s been a part of that’s been cancelled after 2 seasons. 

On 5/3/2024 at 9:14 AM, shapeshifter said:

On 5/3/2024 at 1:44 PM, Sarah 103 said:

I didn't realize that what they were discussing was specific to women lawyers. I thought it applied to lawyers more generally. 

My interpretation could be off. 

On 5/3/2024 at 9:14 AM, shapeshifter said:

I'm glad Susan and Margaret are friendly again. It was refreshing for Susan to acknowledge that she was aware of Beverly's limits as an ally.

It had been driving me nuts why Susan was so angry at Margaret over denying her the promotion once it became clear that it was the firm's financial mess that was the cause.  At least the show finally provided an explanation, although I still find it a little hard to believe that other firms aren't aware of their financial issues and wouldn't make an exception to assuming it was Susan's fault she wasn't promoted.

• Like 3
On 5/4/2024 at 10:40 PM, shapeshifter said:

My interpretation could be off. 

I had the same interpretation about it. Because Margaret was talking to Gus like her age was more of a limit, and it isn't like he is much younger than her.

• Like 2
On 5/3/2024 at 11:52 AM, iMonrey said:

She's very suspicious

I believe you mean ‘sus’.

• LOL 3

I just knew that Judy would welcome the opportunity to do some sleuthing with Todd. I just wish we could've seen them tailing Alex/Mabel/Ariel. 

Also enjoyed seeing Margaret and Susan working together, even if Susan's clinging to Beverly's promises is cringe 😃

• Like 1