Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E10: The Wrong Guy

• Start Topic

05/01/2024 (09:00PM - 10:00PM) (Wednesday) : Severide steps in as ranking officer at 51. Kidd fights to save her Girls on Fire program. Cruz's family is threatened when someone from Javi's past resurfaces.

This episode was pretty good.  I figured we'd just get a rehash of the Louie storyline with Javi, but that was a decent twist.  I'd like to know where Baby Otis was, though?  If Javi needed after school care, shouldn't Otis?  Cruz didn't even take him to the basketball game?  It makes no sense when shows introduce kids and then forget that they exist; it's a small pet peeve.

Is the new guy even a firefighter?  Why is he obsessed with Severide?  I mean, I am too, because he's a sexy silver fox, but that's completely unrelated...

I don't think I like the new paramedic, either, but I do think of Harry Styles when someone says Harry too.  I am, by no means, Gen Z. 🤣

• Like 2
3 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I'd like to know where Baby Otis was, though?  If Javi needed after school care, shouldn't Otis?

To keep myself sane, I assumed that Otis was with Chole. They could have mentioned that though, 'Chole in away on business, she took her mom to watch Otis during the day. They are going to the aquarium today.'

• Like 1

Stella was right, that car must have been moving right along to launch from a surface street up to a second floor window and penetrate the wall like that.  That's some Blues Brothers level driving going on.

How dumb of a crook do you have to be to take a check for $50k with your name on it?  At least Cruz played it right instead of trying to be Super Detective.

Fire Department funding is often a zero sum game.  Since GOF gut full funding, someone else's program got cut the same amount.

Ooh, mystery abounds with the new firefighter.  What's going on?  Is 51 in peril again?

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Fire Department funding is often a zero sum game.  Since GOF gut full funding, someone else's program got cut the same amount.

How much could GOF really cost? Stella and the other firefighters volunteer their time, right? And the equipment is already there at the fire house... Seems like a really low- to no-cost program to me anyway.  

• Like 6

Insurance would likely be the biggest expense, but those extra turnouts that the students are wearing are quite spendy too, although that's a one time expense.

Did anyone else think the adoption scam story was kinda sketchy? Like the social worker didn't go much due diligence before setting up the meeting.

• Like 6
3 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Insurance would likely be the biggest expense, but those extra turnouts that the students are wearing are quite spendy too, although that's a one time expense.

I thought of insurance, but I would assume that getting a rider to their already existing policy wouldn't cost much. I'm sure that they already pay huge premiums for their everyday insurance needs. I guess I also assumed that the turnout gear was just someone's leftovers, LOL. 

1 hour ago, jabRI said:

Did anyone else think the adoption scam story was kinda sketchy? Like the social worker didn't go much due diligence before setting up the meeting.

This, plus they probably need to figure out how so much information is getting out there to the criminals. Data hacked? A mole?  Also, if it's a huge crime ring, why was Joe the first to realize?  

Ah, well... plot holes... 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I thought of insurance, but I would assume that getting a rider to their already existing policy wouldn't cost much. I'm sure that they already pay huge premiums for their everyday insurance needs. I guess I also assumed that the turnout gear was just someone's leftovers, LOL. 

That’s what I thought too. I highly doubt the girls are wearing usable gear. It’s probably worn out stuff that can’t go into actual fires but it still useful for training scenarios. I’m guessing the program doesn’t cost that much money, but there must be insurance costs and probably a certain amount of advertising and administrative work as well. And some of the supplies are consumables, for example I remember they were doing a drill that involved breaking through drywall. Which meant some drywall got destroyed in the process. Things like that. Probably not a lot in the grand scheme of things but for a department trying to streamline I’m sure they’ll cut wherever they can.

• Like 1
(edited)

It speaks to how infrequently we see Chloe that I didn't even realize that wasn't Chloe.

3 hours ago, jabRI said:

No kidding. They said they check with an uncle before the adoption and he didn't want anything to do with the kid. She had to at least realize it wasn't the same person! Geez.

Javi has gotten so big.

I see what some of you have been talking about WRT to the "revolving door" of newbies. Floaters galore. New guy, evil or a red herring? 

I couldn't even look at the girl the the straw shoved up into her brain.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Like 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

Are we laying odds that the new guy is Severide’s kid? 

That’s a good theory! Given that he certainly used to get around with the ladies, I’m a little shocked we haven’t had a ‘surprise kid’ scenario yet.

Edited by anna0852
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

It speaks to how infrequently we see Chloe that I didn't even realize that wasn't Chloe.

It took me a few seconds to realize that as well!

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Are we laying odds that the new guy is Severide’s kid? 

This seems to be the prevailing theory on social media. I guess Sev is old enough to have a kid in his early 20s...

Another theory is that he's a long lost Severide sibling. We already had Katie, why not another one, LOL. 

Seems like many people are hoping that Stella is pregnant, too. Not sure how that would play out; she gets Severide's dream job at OFI? 🤦‍♀️

17 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I couldn't even look at the girl the the straw shoved up into her brain.

And then they made her get up and walk over to the ambulance.  With a brain injury.

• Mind Blown 1
On 5/2/2024 at 2:17 AM, Dowel Jones said:

That's some Blues Brothers level driving going on.

Well, it is Chicago, so....

♫♪ She caught the Katy,
Left me a mule to ride....♫♪

As a mom of a young teenager, I thought Cindy‘s “we don’t track phones“ stance was a little odd. I don’t track my kid’s every move but it certainly comes in handy when he can’t find his phone. I would especially think you might want to keep an eye on an 11-year-old. I guess it was set up to be a funny storyline for Hermann, but it just didn’t really ring true.

I’m also guessing the new kid will turn out to be Severide’s. He has a similar look so it makes sense.