Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: True Colors

• Start Topic

A heated confrontation over a rumor puts one All Star's game on the line. A shocking departure brings a true Challenge OG into the house. A power player flexes their political muscle, forcing old friends to battle it out in the Arena.

Air date: April 17, 2024 on Paramount+

Good episode. Sucks that Tony and his replacement Syrus went out, but I'm glad Ayanna goes home. As much as I want to root for her, she is just so toxic.

Have there been any announced reasons why Tony had to go home?

Out of the six star holders, five of them started on Road Rules. You think that would be enough to warrant a revival of the franchise? Eh, probably not.

It's okay to still think Rachel is overrated, right? I mean, she didn't have to work that hard for her two wins back in the day. She's probably a great mother, but I still think of her from the mid-2000s, when she herself was toxic.

• Like 3

Bye Ayanna! Won't miss you. 

So why'd they bring in Syrus when Tony left but the supposedly had Genesis as a alternate but didn't bring her in when Janelle left? Bummed Syrus didn't stay longer. 

I can't take this much Rachel/Veronica/Tina. They're still mean girls and I want them gone. Using Ayanna to target their perceived threats was lame AF.

After seeing Rachel in the elimination, I see why she's playing such a scared game. Crazy eyes Laurel might snap her in half. 

• Like 3

Glad to see the back of Ayanna.  She's horrible.  Now if we can just get rid of Veronirachina I'll be pleased as punch.  At this point anybody else could win and I'd be happy.

• Like 3
12 hours ago, snarts said:

So why'd they bring in Syrus when Tony left but the supposedly had Genesis as a alternate but didn't bring her in when Janelle left

I think that was because of timing. Tony left before they did a new daily challenge. Didn’t Janelle leave after she’d been voted in, but before they did the elimination challenge? 

• Useful 3

Naming the challenge "Domino, Motherfucker!" is hilarious.

The jokes about Syrus cracked me up. Ryan says he's been hitting the gym from time off in the old age home. Brandon said Syrus picked a bad time to lose all that weight. 😂

As toxic as Ayanna is, she's been driving nearly all of the drama thus far and it has been kinda entertaining. She always does the most. She can't handle a when someone confronts her about something she actually said, but when she lies about someone else (Janelle and Jasmine) it's all good.

19 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

It's okay to still think Rachel is overrated, right?

Yes. I think she's overrated.

• LOL 1
5 hours ago, Michichick said:

I think that was because of timing. Tony left before they did a new daily challenge. Didn’t Janelle leave after she’d been voted in, but before they did the elimination challenge? 

Also, that daily challenge depended on pairs, so they had to bring someone in to make it possible. 

• Useful 3

So Cara Maria is supposed to play Kam's game for her now?  It was okay for others to say "I can never vote against Rachel so..." [Flora, whomever] but not for Cara to throw her vote away (if the order they voted in was shown correctly, it was obvious Rachel was going in)....I like Kam and Leroy, but that was a bit much!  

Amused at Jasmine's talking head about playing dominoes at her HBCU.  

How can Ayanna not tell that Kam is not going to out the people who told what they'd overheard?  I am so glad she's gone.  

I am enjoying Kefla, whom I don't remember, but sorry that Syrus' gorgeous grin is gone from my screen.  I liked their "old man buddy buddy" chat.  

• Like 3

Cam is talking about pumping and then they cut to a shot of her lifting some dumbbells.

Then she talked about getting up in the middle of the night to pump.  I don't understand, she's pumping breast milk in South Africa but her babies are back home in the US or are they over there with her?

Or it's just painful and she has to get it out?

Kefla's crack about 4 black men losing in Dominoes, in Africa no less, was funny.

They showed a picture of him back from his original season, with the thick black eyebrows.  Otherwise I couldn't place his face.  He's obviously bulked up a lot since then.

Rachel probably gave up some weight but she has more endurance and a better strategy, go low and use her legs almost being horizontal.

But in general this favored the bigger competitor, just another form of Hall Brawl, though that big rubber ball in the middle absorbed most of the impact so you didn't have competitors crashing into each other.

One of the other recent variations of Hall Brawl also was designed in a way to lessen the impact.  Maybe they're worried about liability for people getting hurt.  When they used to give competitors football helmets, it was possibly encouraging them to risk head injuries.  Football players will use the crown of helmets when given them and they try to go low.

Thing is, the longer people wait to try to win a star, the tougher the competition becomes, because you know they're going to winnow out the smaller, less physically imposing players first.

• Like 1
(edited)

From what I recall from my wife when our kids were little, you have to keep pumping if you want milk production to continue even if you are not feeding them directly or bottling. Otherwise it is very painful and will eventually stop altogether. So by pumping and then dumping, she keeps milk production going for when she does return.

Edited by Unclejosh
9 hours ago, aghst said:

Cam is talking about pumping and then they cut to a shot of her lifting some dumbbells.

Then she talked about getting up in the middle of the night to pump.  I don't understand, she's pumping breast milk in South Africa but her babies are back home in the US or are they over there with her?

Or it's just painful and she has to get it out?

It could be that, or, let's face it, this is a TV show with a budget. She could be freezing it and the producers are FedExing it to the United States weekly for her kid.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Thank all gods everywhere that horrid woman is GONE. Bye, Ayanna, you terrible, mentally unbalanced, TOXIC person. I have rarely disliked anyone on this show as much as her. I love me some drama, but she was just....no.

Also, before anyone screeches about the gif, it's clearly hyperbole and clearly wishes no actual ill upon Ayanna. 🤪

ezgif-4-849de37a29.gif

On 4/18/2024 at 7:04 PM, Jobiska said:

So Cara Maria is supposed to play Kam's game for her now?  It was okay for others to say "I can never vote against Rachel so..." [Flora, whomever] but not for Cara to throw her vote away (if the order they voted in was shown correctly, it was obvious Rachel was going in)....I like Kam and Leroy, but that was a bit much!  

How can Ayanna not tell that Kam is not going to out the people who told what they'd overheard?  I am so glad she's gone.  

I am enjoying Kefla, whom I don't remember, but sorry that Syrus' gorgeous grin is gone from my screen.  I liked their "old man buddy buddy" chat.  

I loved Kefla and Syrus' chat, what a bummer that they got immediately thrown in.  It was always interesting to me to see the people who were the "token" person of color on their own season (back in the day when it was typically capped at one) interact with people on the Challenges with more diversity, they were typically more relaxed and had a shorthand with each other that showed more of their personality. 

I vaguely remember Kefla from his original season but I'm really enjoying this older version of him. I'd like to see him win the whole thing. If not him, then Brandon, who's been the low-key MVP of the season for one-liners. I wish he got a little more airtime because he seems genuinely funny and like a normal person.

So happy Ayanna didn't pull off the upset, she is just so hard to watch. I truly think there is something unbalanced about her mind, I feel badly for her kids, that can't be easy to have a mother like that. The way she views her nutty rants as moral sermons is the hardest part to take, it's not wisdom but she thinks it is.

• Like 2
On 4/17/2024 at 7:43 AM, Michichick said:

I’m so relieved to see Ayanna go home. What a toxic person she is on this show. She goes from zero to a hundred in no time, and it’s unnecessary.

I have a problem with people who act poorly and then expect you to feel bad for them later . Sorry Ayanna, you should have thought of your actions first. 

On 4/17/2024 at 5:32 PM, Lantern7 said:

Good episode. Sucks that Tony and his replacement Syrus went out, but I'm glad Ayanna goes home. As much as I want to root for her, she is just so toxic.

Have there been any announced reasons why Tony had to go home?

Out of the six star holders, five of them started on Road Rules. You think that would be enough to warrant a revival of the franchise? Eh, probably not.

It's okay to still think Rachel is overrated, right? I mean, she didn't have to work that hard for her two wins back in the day. She's probably a great mother, but I still think of her from the mid-2000s, when she herself was toxic.

Didn’t Tony say it had something to with his brother. A number of this cast members matured over the years. Seems like when Rachel fell in love and got married and had kids , she might have been one of them. 

On 4/18/2024 at 7:04 PM, Jobiska said:

Agreed 100% and love Kefla!