Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E07: Ave Hestia

• Start Topic

GKkYjFCWUAAm9ce?format=jpg&name=large

Entrenched in her grapple for fame and motherhood, Anna may be involved in a cycle much bigger - and older - than she realizes.

Premiere Date: April 10, 2024     FX   10pm 

GKmJ7NoXUAAtjGP?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Starchild said:

What happened? I fell asleep.

Another hot mess of an episode. I didn't fall asleep, but I don't think I can give a reliable summary.

The main character in this episode was the first wife of Anna's husband. We find out that she and her twin sister were born almost 2000 years ago and their mom is the Cara Delvigne character. They're all a part of some cult. 

At some point the first wife leaves the cult and they see her as an apostate. They eventually find her, cut her open, and set her on fire. Oh, and the husband found out  she was pregnant an hour or so before she was killed by the women in the cult. 

Did I miss anything? 

• Like 2

You missed that Anna's husband's first wife was from the group that started the chin herpes "Chirpes". I think it became their calling card.

Anna's husband's father was banging the the black crow ladies and said this is how Anna's husband was born. I am not sure if they are part of the Chirpes Clan or a different group. I think they are the same group.

Wait, is this starting to make sense or am I just hallucinating? The Chirpes and the Black Crows have been waiting centuries to mingle DNA and make a super baby, but they should have had one with Anna's husband's first wife, but they killed her instead. Go figure. I am not sure why Anna's baby would be special, they have had hundreds of babies.

• Like 2

Is that one of the big reveal? Fountain of youth? Come on! 😣

This is the grossest S12 episode todate. I cannot decide which one is grosser and more disturbing - Dexter Sr. having S&M satanic sex with a witch OR Ivy pulling out babies from her own womb OR the witches soak themselves in the blood of Adeline’s unborn child OR Adeline putting that pregnancy test stick in her mouth after she peed on it. Yuck!

We see Dexter Sr. goes to pound town with a witch who’s wearing a necklace. Am guessing that’s Siobhan. Is Dexter Sr. an official sperm donor for the coven?

Finally, we get a backstory of Adeline and who Ivy/Sonia are. It’s also shown that back then, Dex actually had a personality. He maybe unaccomplished, but he’s charming, impulsive and he loved Adeline so much. Then his memory got wiped on that fateful night, leaving him as a shell of a man.

Anna‘s baby with a milquetoast man is going to be the purest product possible. How? 

Everybody in Dex/Anna’s circle seems to be involved with the coven. Is Mrs. Preecher the only one left who can help Anna?

2 episodes left…

• Like 2

I do like that they gave Adeline Mia Farrow's haircut from Rosemary's Baby, that's actually a sort of fun somewhat subtle touch. Everything else was the nonsense we expect at this point, lots of random weirdness thrown at the wall, the one real surprise is that not only is Dex not in on whatever the evil plan is he actually used to be pretty charming and likable. 

They were rocking those stupid hats even back in the early ADs in nowhere England? Have Spencers really been around for that long?

• Like 2

This episode was really gross and not all that entertaining. Why did Adeline’s family want to kill her? Are we supposed to believe she had a normal life besides her weird hidey hole with the pentagram? Then Dax didn’t know his parents were witches too? Hard to believe. I liked the Mia Farrow haircut but that was about it. I do think the actress who played Adeline is miles better that Emma Roberts; she should have been the lead.

• Like 2

I have this recorded on my DVR but based on what y'all have written I'm just going to delete it. I do not like gore. Suspense, yes, but gore turns my stomach. 

Although I usually like AHS I'm giving up on this season. I also gave up on 1984, not because of gore but out of boredom.

Ah well...

My question is how could Dex and/or Anna not see that "Sonia" is Adeline's identical twin?  I noticed as soon as they showed the wedding photo earlier in the series and was expecting that Sonia WAS Adeline and that she and Dex were somehow co-ercing Anna to have their child.  The black wig and nose ring can't really hide that she looks exactly the same.  Memory-wiping or not, they have a photo of Adeline.

This season is the worst.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I do think the actress who played Adeline is miles better that Emma Roberts; she should have been the lead.

This x1000

• Like 5
6 hours ago, leocadia said:

This season is the worst.

ITA. I never thought I'd dislike a season as much as I disliked Roanoke, but this season is by far the worst. No humor, pointless gore, repetitive scenes, characters making inexplicable choices, bad acting, and boring set design. 

A lot of people were worried that Kim Kardashian would be the problem with this season, but she might be one of the least terrible parts about this production. 

• Like 5

Anna being picked to bear the Kwisatz Haderach is basically all I got from this episode. Though that doesn't really explain why she has been treated so wretchedly by this group, such as pretty much being raped by Nurse Ivy earlier. Was that to get rid of the old baby to make way for a new, better (worse) one?

Is a little coherence too much to ask for?

• Like 2