Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E09: Something About Her

• Start Topic

04/03/2024 (09:00PM - 10:00PM) (Wednesday) : Severide, Kidd and Van Meter investigate a fire at a recording studio. Kylie helps James keep a secret from Boden. Mouch struggles to maintain boundaries with a paramedicine client.

Wow - 12 hours since it aired and NOTHING?  Yikes.  Guess it really shows how people feel about the changes this season.

"Mouch struggles to maintain boundaries with a paramedicine client."  Well, HE wasn't struggling to maintain the boundaries, the CLIENT was struggling.  Trudy is awesome.  That is all.

• Like 3
24 minutes ago, TAG42481 said:

Wow - 12 hours since it aired and NOTHING?  Yikes.  Guess it really shows how people feel about the changes this season.

"Mouch struggles to maintain boundaries with a paramedicine client."  Well, HE wasn't struggling to maintain the boundaries, the CLIENT was struggling.  Trudy is awesome.  That is all.

Totally awesome. Go Trudy! Poor Mouch wasn't expecting that

I'm glad Stella didn't give Kelly a hard time about the arson investigation of the recording studio, except to ask if he's taking backup and to be careful, and then she helped

• Like 1
(edited)

I'm still enjoying the show, but this season isn't the best. I blame the writers' strike - only because everyone rushed to get shows back on the air. This happened after the last strike too, and great shows like Friday Night Lights, for example, had a horrible season and barely made it. I'm just giving this season a pass and am happy that it was renewed for next season. I hope the writers are saving their better ideas for next season when there will be more time to flesh them all out. 

That said, the revolving door of people is annoying.  

I'm also glad that Stella backed off.  Didn't she help him with some investigations in the past? Why doesn't she just do that again, to keep an eye on him if she's so worried. Makes more sense than the nagging...

I've been rewatching old seasons, and Stella doesn't bother me for the most part. I think that her purpose is to fill both the Shay and Gabby roles - the Gabby do-gooder who crosses the line "for good reason" but the street-smart Shay who can keep Severide in line. It hasn't always worked, obviously, but she's not nearly as bad as Dawson ever was. 

Is Carver just.... there? Seems like his only purpose is a pretty face, yet he's somehow become one of the leads? 

Edited by FnkyChkn34
fixed typos
  • Like 5
(edited)

We’ve seen more of Trudy this season on Fire than we have of her on her actual show, PD.

I felt so bad for James. The poor kid is trying so hard to keep it together, and my heart just broke for him in that last scene. Seeing all the damage that was done to his house by people he trusted. Just awful.

Edited by anna0852
  • Like 4

Mouch, I have a job for you.  Find a dictionary, and look up the definition of "grovel", because that's how much you owe Trudy.  The look on his face when she took down Crazy McCrazypants was just perfect.  As was Trudy.  No nonsense all the way.

That arson investigation might have got off to a faster start if the crews had actually done some proper overhaul at the scene.  They would have found that body straight away.  I did like the looks the cop gave Severide in the interrogation room when he jumped into the questioning even after she told him not to.

OMG, we have a man-eater (maybe even omnivorous) on the ambulance.  That, plus a little heavy drinking is setting up a big fall down the road.

• Like 3

I don't know where they're going with the new EMT. She did really well with the kid with the gun, and she seems to know what she's doing on the job, and isn't undermining Violet like that last guy. But she's pretty man-hungry. Not that there's necessarily anything wrong with that, but maybe don't go fishing for hookups at work on Day 1, y'know? Or brag about hooking up with a married man. She doesn't seem to have any filter or boundaries.

I'm really bored with Severide The Fire Detective. He spent the whole episode looking at people like he was constipated. His patented "distrustful" look.

• Like 4
52 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I'm really bored with Severide The Fire Detective. He spent the whole episode looking at people like he was constipated. His patented "distrustful" look.

My theory is that Taylor's leave last season was health related and he's not 100% yet. Might explain why he's seemed so 'off' this season. 

• Like 2
12 hours ago, anna0852 said:

My theory is that Taylor's leave last season was health related and he's not 100% yet. Might explain why he's seemed so 'off' this season. 

Taylor doesn't write the scripts. It's like every scene he was in went like this: Someone talks, meanwhile Severide stares, silently and dubiously. Someone talks, meanwhile Severide stares, silently and dubiously. Someone talks, meanwhile Severide stares, silently and dubiously. 

That was the whole show with him.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
15 hours ago, anna0852 said:

I agree, but I respect his privacy and don't mean to speculate.  He's starting to look more like his old self as the season goes on, at least in my opinion.

2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Taylor doesn't write the scripts. It's like every scene he was in went like this: Someone talks, meanwhile Severide stares, silently and dubiously. Someone talks, meanwhile Severide stares, silently and dubiously. Someone talks, meanwhile Severide stares, silently and dubiously. 

That was the whole show with him.

No, he doesn't write it, but if he tells TPTB that he's not 100% up to doing the more difficult scenes that require stuntwork, then they'll probably write him less strenuous scenes.  I recently came across a video of him explaining that scene a few seasons back where Severide and Casey jumped off the top of the building into the river.  Taylor and Jesse did the stunt themselves.  He explained that they had one take to do it, and if you look closely, he's laughing at one part in anticipation of running and leaping.  I presume that he does most if not all of his own stunts.

This is another reason why I'm more hopeful for next season, and will try not to complain too much about this one... It's a rebuilding year, LOL.

• Like 3
22 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

No, he doesn't write it, but if he tells TPTB that he's not 100% up to doing the more difficult scenes that require stuntwork, then they'll probably write him less strenuous scenes.

Did he tell the writers he's not up to talking? Because that was my point. All he did was stare and glare suspiciously at whoever was explaining something. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Did he tell the writers he's not up to talking? Because that was my point. All he did was stare and glare suspiciously at whoever was explaining something. 

Isn't that all he's ever done?  His character is more of an observer than a talker. Sorry, I understand your point now, but I didn't notice that he was quieter than usual.  Maybe he was, it just didn't stick out to me. 

• Like 2
On 4/4/2024 at 11:11 AM, FnkyChkn34 said:

Completely agree. I still look forward to this show but this season has not worked well. I love Mouch as a character and it was nice to see Trudy's badassery, as always, but it took me three tries to get through this episode without falling asleep.

• Like 1
On 4/4/2024 at 1:11 PM, FnkyChkn34 said:

If they did a comic "Murphy Brown's secretary" rotation of paramedics, that could be amusing for a while. You wouldn't expect to get invested in anyone.

• Like 1