Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E05: The Vow

• Start Topic

TUESDAY, APRIL 2, 9:00-10:00 p.m. EDT

When a toddler is found at the scene of a crime, John and Bailey must decide whether to let the child go to a shelter for the night or care for her themselves. Meanwhile, when someone from his past returns, Tim disappears and leaves Lucy in the dark. 

22 hours ago, DanaK said:

When a toddler is found at the scene of a crime, John and Bailey must decide whether to let the child go to a shelter for the night or care for her themselves.

This happened on Castle too.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, edhopper said:

They were working at night, Why?

Perhaps the real question is:
Why have we never heard about the night shift before the middle of season 6?

I hate the Tim plot. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, edhopper said:

I think Nolan was covering shifts for people?  I got the impression he owed them? Why his rookie gets stuck doing it too I don’t know.

• Like 1

The show finally remembers that Nolan and Lucy are friends! 🙄

Celina continues to screw up - forgetting to process a perp, then failing to check a closet at the crime scene. Is this arc really about her capability or more about Nolan as a TO?

Lucy needs time for self-reflection. Not knowing what Tim is up to is killing her. She’ll put Tim through the same thing when she goes undercover. There’s a reason why he isn’t telling her everything, he doesn’t want her to be complicit in this. And if Ray finds out about Lucy, that will put target on her back as well. Is Lucy going to blabber to everybody at the precinct about Tim’s off-duty activities? 😏

• Like 2

Pretty much Lucy is going to blab to everyone about Tim.  I don't know why they make this character so annoying.  She either trusts him or she doesn't.  She also seems to think he needs her to save him or be his back-up.

The last thing Nolan and Bailey need is a kid and now we'll get into the age difference thing.  I  once read a book series where this came up.  Naturally, older male gave into younger female though in that case it was the second marriage for both and they both had older kids.

Don't care about Aaron and his therapist though I find odd that Lucy would be the one to give him advice considering her messy history.

Are we just going to find any reason to keep evil red-headed lawyer woman around?

• Like 3
15 hours ago, edhopper said:

I am reasonably sure that the  first season when they had a LAPD advisor the boots did shift to nights as part of their training and assessment 

• Like 1

Nolan said he was doing double duty to make up for people covering for him while he was on his honeymoon. But I don’t know enough about the police department to understand why he didn’t just have time off without these strings. Don’t they have vacation days? The honeymoon wasn’t exactly unexpected. 

I hate this Tim arc. There is no way he can get out of it cleanly and that guy is clearly too obnoxious to be allowed to get away with his crimes. 

• Like 5

Imagine a world where a social worker shows up to just reassure a foster parent, lol!

Bailey has apparently never heard of a baby gate.

Lucy got the best lines of the episode saying Tim's love language is a terse nod and imagining him getting murdered in front of various Los Angeles landmarks.

• LOL 5
11 hours ago, Jodithgrace said:

Nolan said he was doing double duty to make up for people covering for him while he was on his honeymoon. But I don’t know enough about the police department to understand why he didn’t just have time off without these strings. Don’t they have vacation days? The honeymoon wasn’t exactly unexpected

They were explaining something that didn't need to be explained. Officers Thorsen and Chin should not be on duty due to recovery and shootings that accounts for them not being around. They could have easily shifted the duo to desk duty for the episode.

And Sergeant Grey, the watch commander was also working which suggest their platoon had rotated to the night shift.  Or are we to believe that was he also paying back some other Sergeant for taking a day off.

• Like 1

WALT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I saw Malcolm David Kelley's name in the opening credits, I was like, "ooh," but then he played a mostly throwaway character, so whatever.

I hope the therapist is not in cahoots with Bridget Regan.  I don't know if she disclosed she tapes her sessions, or if there is something more nefarious going on.  It is so dumb that The Rookie feels so compelled to have constant arch-nemeses that they are resorting to paying Bridget to keep popping up like this.

However, the therapist is clearly evil for letting Smitty park himself in her waiting room near the other patients.

I also don't care for this "The Rookie: The Terminal List" arc they have for Tim.  And why the multiple digs at how old Brian White looks now, when he has physically aged the least out of any of the men on this show.  If that's the joke, it's not working.

On 4/4/2024 at 10:11 PM, sweetandsour said:

And why the multiple digs at how old Brian White looks now, when he has physically aged the least out of any of the men on this show.  If that's the joke, it's not working.

I don't remember seeing the digs (but then, things roll by me sometimes), but I heartily agree that he hasn't aged all that much, at least to my eyes.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

I don't remember seeing the digs (but then, things roll by me sometimes), but I heartily agree that he hasn't aged all that much, at least to my eyes.

I believe it was after Tim and Brian White talked their way into Ray's mom's house and found Ray there.  They were all talking in the kitchen after not having seen each other in so long, and Ray made a point of saying how old they'd gotten, and then a bit later in the conversation, lobbed some variant of "damn, you really have gotten so old!" echo at Brian's character specifically.  It was kind of strange in how untrue it is, but maybe that's just part of kooky murderer Ray?

• Like 2
18 hours ago, sweetandsour said:

I believe it was after Tim and Brian White talked their way into Ray's mom's house and found Ray there.  They were all talking in the kitchen after not having seen each other in so long, and Ray made a point of saying how old they'd gotten, and then a bit later in the conversation, lobbed some variant of "damn, you really have gotten so old!" echo at Brian's character specifically.  It was kind of strange in how untrue it is, but maybe that's just part of kooky murderer Ray?

Oh, I just took that as (pardon the phrase) ball busting.

I don't following social media a lot but just something about how Bailey looked in her uniform, I thought "Oh god, she's pregnant."  And then we got into the baby stuff.  And sure enough, she's pregnant and that's why we're having a baby now.

I don't know which is better:  all the weird angles to cover a real-life pregnancy and pretending nothing is going on, which looks odd, or just making everyone have babies because they are having them in real life.  I really don't want a Bailey  baby.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, bunnyface said:

I don't following social media a lot but just something about how Bailey looked in her uniform, I thought "Oh god, she's pregnant."  And then we got into the baby stuff.  And sure enough, she's pregnant and that's why we're having a baby now.

I don't know which is better:  all the weird angles to cover a real-life pregnancy and pretending nothing is going on, which looks odd, or just making everyone have babies because they are having them in real life.  I really don't want a Bailey  baby.

On Ghosts, lead actor Rose McIver's pregnancy is being camouflaged. Posters on the Ghosts board here have scoffed at the baby bump coverups, but I haven't even noticed them, even though I watch on a large screen, have had 3 kids of my own, and have lived close to my daughter who now has a 2-year-old and a 3-month-old. 

Perhaps more to the point:
On Ghosts, the 2 leads have been married for about 4 years, so, IRL, having a baby would make sense if they plan to have kids. So hiding McIver's pregnancy rather than including it in the show's plot arcs seems to be a deliberate choice by the writers. 
On The Rookie, I'm sure they could equally well camouflage Jenna Dewan's pregnancy, especially with her firefighter uniform, aprons, painter overalls, etc.
So I assume the baby plot is also a choice, albeit more of a default choice on this show, for whatever reasons. 

My final thoughts on the Nolan-Bailey pregnancy:
Nathan Fillion can be very adorable on screen with babies.
But, puh-lease, dear writers: Do not go the tragedy route of miscarriage or stillbirth. This is not the right show for it.

• Like 2