Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E02 Living the High Life

• Start Topic

(edited)
19 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

He said, "if anyone isn't going to finish their salmon,  you can pass it over here." or something like that, since it sounded like they were dissing on it. Or it could have been the potluck comment-- he said something like if this dish was at a potluck, they would definitely be invited back." Or something like that.

In both cases, it was pretty funny. 

The funniest thing he said for me, and it was all in the delivery of it, was repeating immediately after the exact same comment that another guest said when giving his (the comedian’s) opinion about the dish, as if he (the comedian) had just thought of it.

Edited by stewedsquash
parenthesis
  • Like 3
On 3/29/2024 at 2:43 PM, Ancaster said:

Laughing at them referring to Miller Light as the champagne of beers does not make you a snob, it means you have a sense of humour, or perhaps irony

Miller High Life, not Miller Lite. Though I imagine it doesn’t change your opinion. :)

• LOL 1

Had a boring date yesterday. Should've known it wasn't going to be a success when he ordered the Miller High Life. Champagne of bad dates, amirite 😀

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

Wonder how Joe Flamm felt about being scripted to say you can't go wrong ordering a High Life at a Michelin star restaurant. Those sponsor dollars are mighty powerful!

On 3/28/2024 at 10:33 PM, ALittleShelfish said:

The female chef who tried the "I say WIS - you say CONSIN!" fueled me with irrational angst when I heard that.  I'll probably still cheer for her, there don't seem to be any standout villains at the moment, so I'll chalk it up to "dumb things people on television say". 

What I heard her say was "I say WIN you say consin" which was at least a little cute. But, yes, dumb TV thing.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
52 minutes ago, snarktini said:

What I heard her say was "I say WIN you say consin"

Yes, it was WIN (and I thought it was Win-sconsin, not Win-consin, but either way it was a play on winning, not just shouting the state name).  Dorky, but I'm hoping we're in for another season where something like that is as annoying as someone gets (now that Chef Not-Sexy Hat is gone).

• Like 2
5 hours ago, snarktini said:

Wonder how Joe Flamm felt about being scripted to say you can't go wrong ordering a High Life at a Michelin star restaurant.

Seriously. I'm sure Michelin star restaurants have beers on the menu, but like their wine list, aren't they going to be carefully curated, and be local or international craft beers? I've never dined at a Michelin star, but would they even HAVE Miller in stock?

4 hours ago, Bastet said:

Yes, it was WIN (and I thought it was Win-sconsin, not Win-consin, but either way it was a play on winning, not just shouting the state name).

All I heard was "Consin" and it made no sense to me :) 

• Like 4
9 hours ago, snarktini said:

What I heard her say was "I say WIN you say consin" which was at least a little cute. But, yes, dumb TV thing.

8 hours ago, Bastet said:

Yes, it was WIN (and I thought it was Win-sconsin, not Win-consin, but either way it was a play on winning, not just shouting the state name). 

ah okay you're both right, i'm sorry.  

On 3/31/2024 at 2:09 PM, rlc said:

I still don’t understand why someone didn’t make a potato chip tortilla.

IMG_3026.jpeg

The inside looks like apple pie filling.  Is it supposed to be wet?

On 3/29/2024 at 11:43 AM, Ancaster said:

Then of course, there's this, when cases of it were destroyed in customs for misappropriating the term champagne.

https://www.foodandwine.com/miller-high-life-destroyed-belgium-customs-champagne-7483246

After reading that article, I find what the Belgians did to be extremely silly and way too literal.  Miller High Life is not misappropriating the word champagne when they say "the champagne of beers."  

• Like 1
(edited)

I thought that Joe Flamm looked really different.  Didn't recognize him at first (maybe weight gain or age).

Edited by cameron