Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: Here Without You

• Start Topic

thewayhome-ep9-5993-rt.jpg

All three Landry women feel the absence of a key ally in their lives as they struggle to make life-altering decisions and choices.

Premiere Date: March 24, 2024      Hallmark   9pm 

thewayhome-ep9-5775-rt-rv1.jpg

thewayhome-ep9-5845-rt.jpg

(edited)

A lot happened in this episode. That was nice.  But some of this could have been spread over two episodes and felt a little easier to digest. 

I'm not typically one to randomly ship same-sex, ostensibly straight characters. But I saw more chemistry between Kat and Susanna than most of the time between Kat and any of the men. Though Kat with Thomas isn't bad and at times I shipped her with Elliot.  But in both cases, it felt more from Kris Holden-Ried and Evan Williams' parts.  With Susanna, I actually saw an emotional connection from Kat. Other than the backlit nightgowns, it wasn't necessarily sexual.  It was just more compelling. 

I figured Susanna wouldn't be able to use the pond. But I was disappointed for her.

I'm glad Jacob is staying in 1814. It makes no sense that he would want to go back after living most of his life, and almost all his remembered life, in the 18th and early 19th century.  I hope Kat can continue to visit, though.  And I hope Del learns the truth soon. 

Edited by RachelKM
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1

I’ll predict that Del CAN use the pond and will summon up the courage to visit Jacob just to know in her heart that he had a life and family, even if it wasn’t with her. Although, it sounds like someone needs saving from the real Brits now, so they’re probably saving a reunion for another season. Next week is billed as the season finale, so apparently they’re hopeful.

(edited)

Susanna has really grown on me, I wish she could’ve been able to use the pond. I think she’d love present day. It’s still rough on women but at least she’d be able to write the book she wants to, own property and have the autonomy to not get married if she didn’t want.

I was expecting Jacob to stay for the exact reason he said: he’s lived there more than he has in present day. You could see there were several people who were happy to see him return and would miss him if he left. I do hope they’re able to tell Del about it soon because she’s the only one who has no closure.

I had been wondering how soon Alice was supposed to be coming along, since 2007 was cutting it close for her to not be percolating yet. Looks like she is.

17 minutes ago, Daff said:

Next week is billed as the season finale, so apparently they’re hopeful.

The show has been renewed for a third season already.

Edited by DMK
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Daff said:

I’ll predict that Del CAN use the pond and will summon up the courage to visit Jacob just to know in her heart that he had a life and family, even if it wasn’t with her. Although, it sounds like someone needs saving from the real Brits now, so they’re probably saving a reunion for another season. Next week is billed as the season finale, so apparently they’re hopeful.

I really hope they tell Del and she gets a chance to visit Jacob. She needs closure on something.

I caught Colton telling young Jacob not to go near the pond. I feel like maybe he knew about the time travel thing? We still need to find out who they showed watching the Landry family back in 1999. Maybe a younger him? And maybe a way they will keep the actor on is reveal he time traveled forward to 2024 at some point? He recognized adult Kat when he was dying.

Makes sense that Kat would change her mind about London after finding out she was pregnant, but she could have let Eli down a bit gentler.

The conversation with Nick and Alice in the present was super awkward.

• Like 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, Daff said:

Season finale?  It's seems like we just got the show back.  ☹️

I recall seeing a commercial a few weeks back showing Del, Kat and Alice holding hands while at the pond, appearing that they were all going to jump in.

Not sure where Kat's thought process is going with the rattling coins versus chains at the lighthouse, but I'm sure we'll find out.

I'm still waiting for Elliott to get "pond fever" and try his luck.  

Edited by BMGepinniw
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

Makes sense that Kat would change her mind about London after finding out she was pregnant, but she could have let Eli down a bit gentler.

I got the impression that she wasn't entirely clear about the events immediately prior to the injury and may not have been certain how they had left that conversation at the time.  If she did remember, I wouldn't blame her for feeling overwhelmed and simply pretending not to remember to avoid the issue. 

I forgot to mention above that I still HATE the Nick and Alice crap. I mean, I'm glad it's resolved and that Nick was appropriately squicked out by Alice being Kat's 16/17 year old daughter. But I still find Nick's wildly strong reaction about a girl he dated for a collective 20 or so days during the summer of 99 and one NYE the same year, all when he was 16, to be fucking weird.  It was weird for him to have such a strong reaction when he was 24 and weirder to have it now that he is 40ish.

Like, the dude HEARD HER SINGING AFTER 25 YEARS and got a far away look in his eyes.  I'm not sure I'd recognize a recording of my own 16 year old singing voice these days, let alone a voice I heard 3 or even 10 times in the distant past. 

I repeat, it's not sweet; it's weird. 

• Like 6

I have been trying to figure out what was going on when Del went to ask Evelyn Goodwin not to press charges against Elliott and Kat.  Evelyn was quite uppity with Del, but when Colton's name came up in the discussion, it seemed like there was a complete turnaround, and Evelyn backed off.  Albeit she continued taking shots at Del, but there's some back story there.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
9 hours ago, BMGepinniw said:

I have been trying to figure out what was going on when Del went to ask Evelyn Goodwin not to press charges against Elliott and Kat.  Evelyn was quite uppity with Del, but when Colton's name came up in the discussion, it seemed like there was a complete turnaround, and Evelyn backed off.  Albeit she continued taking shots at Del, but there's some back story there.  

I just thought that it was more of the “founders” garbage. Del was an “incomer”, hence, not entitled to the same respect as the heirs of the sacred (sic) founders.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
19 hours ago, AheadofStraight said:

Has Kat ever referred to Alice as Ali before? (That was the spelling cc used.) She did it 3 times in a row and it seemed awkward. 

Yes, she did. I think last season she did it in both times. I remember because I had never heard Ali as a nickname for Alice before, but then, I don't know many people named Alice.

21 hours ago, RachelKM said:

I got the impression that she wasn't entirely clear about the events immediately prior to the injury and may not have been certain how they had left that conversation at the time.  If she did remember, I wouldn't blame her for feeling overwhelmed and simply pretending not to remember to avoid the issue. 

I forgot to mention above that I still HATE the Nick and Alice crap. I mean, I'm glad it's resolved and that Nick was appropriately squicked out by Alice being Kat's 16/17 year old daughter. But I still find Nick's wildly strong reaction about a girl he dated for a collective 20 or so days during the summer of 99 and one NYE the same year, all when he was 16, to be fucking weird.  It was weird for him to have such a strong reaction when he was 24 and weirder to have it now that he is 40ish.

Like, the dude HEARD HER SINGING AFTER 25 YEARS and got a far away look in his eyes.  I'm not sure I'd recognize a recording of my own 16 year old singing voice these days, let alone a voice I heard 3 or even 10 times in the distant past. 

I repeat, it's not sweet; it's weird. 

I got the sense Alice did remember, but was just pretending not to. I guess she could have had some fuzziness, but adult her mentioning running away makes me think she did always remember. I get her pretending not to, I just think she could have been nicer to Eliot.

I agree it is weird for Nick to feel so strongly about Alice 20 years later. Maybe I can buy 24 year-old Nick still holding a candle for her, but not a 40-some man who was engaged to someone else.

But then, I find it weird how teen Kat and Alice talk about each other as best friends, or teen Kat being so upset about Alice disappearing. Alice was some girl who showed up for a couple of days every few weeks, for less than a year. Unless Kat had no other friends (which we know isn't the case), it is odd that she had such a strong attachment. Alice being attached makes more sense because for her it happened close together and she knows it is her mom.

6 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

Yes, she did. I think last season she did it in both times. I remember because I had never heard Ali as a nickname for Alice before, but then, I don't know many people named Alice.

Ah - I must not have been paying close attention at those points. Definitely not a nickname I've ever heard for Alice either.

(edited)
On 3/25/2024 at 12:10 PM, RachelKM said:

I'm not typically one to randomly ship same-sex, ostensibly straight characters. But I saw more chemistry between Kat and Susanna than most of the time between Kat and any of the men. Though Kat with Thomas isn't bad and at times I shipped her with Elliot.  With Susanna, I actually saw an emotional connection from Kat. Other than the backlit nightgowns, it wasn't necessarily sexual.

I figured Susanna wouldn't be able to use the pond. But I was disappointed for her.

I'm glad Jacob is staying in 1814. It makes no sense that he would want to go back after living most of his life, and almost all his remembered life, in the 18th and early 19th century.  I hope Kat can continue to visit, though.  And I hope Del learns the truth soon. 

I get what you mean - I feel like Susanna and Kat have crushes on each other, but not sexually. Kat is enamored with Susanna's strength and fortitude in a difficult time for women, and Susanna is enamored with the life Kat gets to live and her ability to jump between 2 worlds.  Their friendship might be my favorite thing about this show.

The Nick thing is stupid and they could do away with that altogether.

I really don't like Del or the way she treats Kat.  This may be a personal thing because my mother was a similar way with me.  No slack for anything.  And constant unnecessary little comments.  I get why Kat left for 17 yrs.

I wonder if Del could use the pond, or if you have to be a blood Landry.  I suspect she can't .. but she finds out about the pond and asks Kat to ask Jacob to come back through.

Edited by sskrill
  • Like 1