Type keyword(s) to search

Season 21: Episode Live Chat

• Start Topic

(edited)

Savannah had me nervous the moment she said she was going to do octopus, but I think her beautiful table and QF win means she's fine, especially with how badly Manny and Michelle have done so far.  Michelle has me very nervous, and I can't remember how she and Manny each did in the QF.

Edited by Bastet
7 minutes ago, Bastet said:

Michelle has me very nervous, and I can't remember how she and Manny each did in the QF.

Michelle was in the top 3 with Savannah and Dan (but she had some undercooked components) and Manny was in the bottom.

Just now, Irlandesa said:

Michelle was in the top 3 with Savannah and Dan (but she had some undercooked components) and Manny was in the bottom.

Then hopefully that saves her, but her "plating" (tabling?) was an epic fail.  I found his a hot mess, but hers even worse.  And they both had problems with a lot of their food, too.

• Like 2

This should be interesting. I think they didn't listen to the "You don't have to use all the ingredients, it's just an option" part. Edit yourself, chefs.

We'll see...

1 minute ago, ProudMary said:

So Laura won one QF and Savannah won the other QF, but only Laura gets the extra 30 minutes? WTF!

Laura gets the extra time because she won the last EC, not a QF.

• Like 1
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Bastet said:

Laura gets the extra time because she won the last EC, not a QF.

Right, that makes sense. Not to mention that Manny won the blind tasting, not Laura.

Edited by ProudMary
  • Like 1

Wow, this ep so far has made me like Manny a lot more.  What a palate!  Also, I was also a lawyer (practiced for 43 years) who went to cooking school after retirement.

• Like 8

Laura just rubs me the wrong way and has all season. I really want her to go home. 

I can't believe that means I want Manny to make the finals. 😄

• LOL 3

Gotta love Tom admitting what we've always said is the best path to winning when Gail asked what he would do for the challenge: "Honestly? I'd cook my best dish and make up a story to fit."

• Like 5
  • Applause 3

It sounds like Savannah's making it to the finals. Her dish looked wonderful. I couldn't be happier. Michelle was my favorite, but Savannah's been my #2 for many weeks.

• Like 9

I predict Savannah, Laura and Danny for the finale. My favorite is Dan but he just seems done. Maybe he's not feeling well. But hey, top five isn't bad at all.

• Like 3

The men all seem so butthurt that they're in the bottom. 

I really don't like Dan. He just seems like a petty dick. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 2

Dan dodged a bullet -- if Manny hadn't made such a fundamental mistake, the combo of his bad dish in the EC and abysmal dish in the QF would have meant he never left Wisconsin.

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, rhofmovalley said:

I thought they took three to the finale. How long have they been taking four? Or is the next episode not the finale? I'm confused.

They've several times taken four to the finale location, and that's what they're doing again -- one will be eliminated, and then three in the finale.

• Like 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, snarts said:

The men all seem so butthurt that they're in the bottom. 

I really don't like Dan. He just seems like a petty dick. 

I don't like Dan either. The guys were annoyed and they showed it when Laura returned, and then won the On The Table challenge. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 3
2 minutes ago, rhofmovalley said:

I suffer from horrible motion sickness.

Same here, which is at its very worst on the water.  I cringe at the very thought of going down below into that kitchen.

• Like 1
(edited)

Enjoying this so far. Morimoto placement! LOL, he can’t stick around to judge, but he can read the cruise line’s fish program script. His dinner looked soooo good.

Edited by buttersister
  • Like 5
(edited)

I loved seeing Morimoto.   

None of the cheftestants seem to be excelling. 

Undercooked fish by all of the cheftestants is horribly disappointing.     Tom looks totally disgusted with the level of cooking by the chefs.  Kristen and Tom really nail Laura, and so does Ed.    Dan gets nailed next, he gave all of the judges raw fish, Gail didn't like the fritter, but Kristen liked the blackened fish.   Danny gets nailed on the mousse by Ed and Tom, and Gail too.   Ed and Kristen have some praise for Danny. 

Winner is: Danny, winning a 10-day Holland America cruise and $10,000.    Finalists: Dan, Danny, and Savannah.

Laura gets PYKAG. 

The judges (Tom, Ed, Kristen, and Ed) really criticized Laura's undercooked fish on every dish. 

I'm disappointed with all four chefs' performance. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 8
1 minute ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I loved seeing Morimoto.   

I loved the cheftestants' faces when they saw him!

After Savannah and Laura both had flaws, I told my cat I need the guys to have problems as well.  So far Danny has come through for me; let's hope Dan's double fry is too greasy.

• Like 2
(edited)

Dammit, Savannah!  This is NOT the time to flop.

And now Laura.  Come on; you're my top two!

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 2

Do they always have a six week break where the contestants go home in the middle of the season? 

None of them seem fresh/on their game.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, snarts said:

Do they always have a six week break where the contestants go home in the middle of the season? 

I don't know if it's always the same amount of time, but there's always a gap before the final location, yes.

The judges seemed underwhelmed with all the final fish dishes except the last one. Dan’s blackened fish dish. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for Savannah. 

• Like 1