Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E13: The Best Dan

• Start Topic

03/26/2024 (08:00PM - 08:30PM) (Tuesday) : Roz finds herself in court after her wedding venue falls through, prompting Abby to offer up the courthouse for the big day. Dan strikes up a connection with a wedding guest who has ties to his past, only to realize that his reputation precedes him. Abby and Jake set rules to keep their relationship casual. Gurgs suspects foul play and enlists Olivia, Wyatt and Flobert to investigate.

Note that this is the season finale

• Like 1

NUP_203815_00162.jpg

Marsha Warfield as Roz Russell
Indira G. Wilson as Loretta
Kenneth Mosley as Devin
Ryan Hansen as Jake
Julia Duffy as Susan
Gigi Rice as Katie

NUP_203815_00129.jpg

Gracen Newton as Pip

NUP_203815_00391.jpg

• Like 1

I love that if they gave Christine a never-before-heard-of sister, that it was Gigi Rice, who I enjoyed with John Larroquette on The John Larroquette Show. Kind of a full-circle thing. And I adore Dan and Roz scenes; they are so good together. Also great to see Julia Duffy again, and oh, that ending!

• Like 12

The guy playing Jake looks kinda familiar to me. 

I liked the courtroom wedding, too, that was lovely :). Dan and Roz are a lot of fun together indeed. Dan's memories about his history with Christine were touching, too. 

Abby and Jake are cute. I feel Jake has a bit of a resemblance to her fiance from the first season in some ways, but they do have a fun chemistry and play off each other well. I'm glad they're planning to get a litlte more serious. 

Wyatt's ranting about his divorce was funny. And sad. But mostly funny :p. 

And ooh, yes, that ending indeed! Would be interested to see where they'd go with that in a season three. 

• Like 5
29 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

The guy playing Jake looks kinda familiar to me

I liked the courtroom wedding, too, that was lovely :). Dan and Roz are a lot of fun together indeed. Dan's memories about his history with Christine were touching, too. 

Abby and Jake are cute. I feel Jake has a bit of a resemblance to her fiance from the first season in some ways, but they do have a fun chemistry and play off each other well. I'm glad they're planning to get a litlte more serious. 

Wyatt's ranting about his divorce was funny. And sad. But mostly funny :p. 

And ooh, yes, that ending indeed! Would be interested to see where they'd go with that in a season three. 

Jake is played by Ryan Hansen. I know him from Party Down, 2 Broke Girls and the reality parody series Burning Love, but most probably know him from Veronica Mars.

The minute Jake said his mom was in town and that he never knew his dad, I knew where this was heading, and having Julia Duffy as his mom just sealed the deal - can't wait to see how that rocky "family" reunion plays out next season.

I loved pretty much everything about this season-ender, especially the nods to Dan's womanizing and douche-baggery in his younger days. I hope they keep bringing Roz back for visits, and would love to see both Julia Duffy and Gigi Rice (who was a great choice to play Christine's sister) recur as well.

• Like 10
40 minutes ago, giovannif7 said:

Jake is played by Ryan Hansen. I know him from Party Down, 2 Broke Girls and the reality parody series Burning Love, but most probably know him from Veronica Mars.

And I have not seen any of those shows :p. But I appreciate the rundown of some of his more well-known TV gigs - he does seem like one of those kinds of guys who just seems to pop up in a lot of things, so it makes sense that he'd have a pretty varied resume like the kind you listed here :). 

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, giovannif7 said:

can't wait to see how that rocky "family" reunion plays out next season.

Has a third season been confirmed or is that still waiting for an announcement?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, opus said:

Has a third season been confirmed or is that still waiting for an announcement?

No announcement yet. 

I hope it gets a third season.  The writing might not be top-tier calibre yet but I do think it has improved from the first season.  But one area where it absolutely did hit it out of the park this season is with the guest cast. They landed some big comedy guest stars.  They're not necessarily big names but they're the type of comedic actors who typically deliver if there's anything there to deliver and even sometimes when there's nothing.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
9 hours ago, giovannif7 said:

The minute Jake said his mom was in town and that he never knew his dad, I knew where this was heading, and having Julia Duffy as his mom just sealed the deal - can't wait to see how that rocky "family" reunion plays out next season.

I loved pretty much everything about this season-ender, especially the nods to Dan's womanizing and douche-baggery in his younger days. I hope they keep bringing Roz back for visits, and would love to see both Julia Duffy and Gigi Rice (who was a great choice to play Christine's sister) recur as well.

Totally agree with seeing all three women back next season as recurring! Roz is a given, of course, but I've also been a fan of Julia Duffy's forever. My mom used to watch the soap opera The Doctors back in in the 70s, where I first saw her, but my favorite of her roles was in The Blue and the Gray Civil War mini-series in the early 80s. 

And @giovannif7, totally agree that Gigi Rice was an excellent choice for Christine's sister. BTW, I looked her up on IMDB last night and found out she's been married to Ted McGinley (from Revenge of the Nerds and The Love Boat since 1991). I never knew that!

• Like 2

I was sad for Dan that he couldn’t get over his self-esteem issues to be happy with Christine. At least he did end up happy eventually with Sarah and hopefully Christine had a happy life as well. It’s strange to think of her developing feelings for Dan because I always saw Christine and Harry as the endgame. 

• Like 7
46 minutes ago, Claire85 said:

I was sad for Dan that he couldn’t get over his self-esteem issues to be happy with Christine. At least he did end up happy eventually with Sarah and hopefully Christine had a happy life as well. It’s strange to think of her developing feelings for Dan because I always saw Christine and Harry as the endgame. 

Ever watch 30 Rock?  You and those writers have something in common.

• Like 1

I have to give this show its due as just about everything about it has improved from season 1.  I even like Abby's new boyfriend.  He's good looking and I like their on-screen chemistry.  And yes to Roz coming back next season.  I do hope there is one.  I can't imagine why not but these days I know better than to assume.

• Like 6