Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: The Big Decision

• Start Topic

One dinner does not a lifetime make, Vaughn & Monet!!  The blonde expert says they've had "bumps in the road" in lieu of thinly veiled contempt!!!  Dr. Pepper is really trying to sell them hard so that leads me to believe that she was pushing for them hardest out if all of the experts! 

Edited by crgirl412
  • Love 2

FIrst hour was so boring. Agreed the recaps were tedious. One hour would be have been sufficient. They are just trying to drag this whole thing out. Was so excited and now kind of let down by it all.

Edited by Bandolero
  • Love 6

Why can't these people just give it a try after the experiment is over and then get divorced like normal people???   They act like after this day they must, must, must stay married like they are in some super strict religion.  I think that there is a lot of faux fretting for the cameras. 

Edited by crgirl412
  • Love 4

This show so did not have to be 2 hours. I am getting bored with all of these recaps.

Jesus, yes! Lol. Ridiculous sttttttrrreettttccchhhhing!

Great comic relief though with the experts trying to sell Vaughn and Monet as a good match! Are they looking at the same couple we are?

Jamie = ultimate famewhore phony, IMO.

• Love 2

I was hoping the decisions had been made by now, I want to know the outcome but stopped watching the show after the beat down Jamie gave Doug over the cig. I still hope Doug realizes that Jamie is a nut bag and he deserves better and Monet punched Vaughn in the face before telling him hell no.

• Love 2

Ok.  Jamie said yes!  I hope the "experts" have her in weekly therapy- not with any of them though!!!

Vaughn and Monet need to divorce now.  Plain and simple. 

Right now, I feel like Jason is going to bail which is crazy!!!! 

Have you guys checked out that "other" board. Before the commercial break they were gloating about how monet and Vaughn would stay together, lol.

Glad that they got a divorce. Best for the both of them.

I don't understand Monet's "Vaughn is not ready" argument. He has been in the military so obviously he is disciplined and a hard worker. I am assuming that he has been to many different places so has seen a little bit of the world. He is independent, has no kids, has his own place and has a career... she acts like he is a bum or something. I just don't get it.  They made the right decision in not staying together. I can't imagine having to live with somebody who didn't think I was quite a man yet. I really think it boils down to him not having enough money for her. Pure and simple.

I guess it really does seem like Vaughn kind of checked out from the beginning based on his "no chemistry" comment. She likely did not stand a chance with him either.

I'm happy for Jason and Courtney.

Unfortunately, don't really buy the Jamie and Doug love train... but who knows.

Edited by Bandolero
  • Love 6

I don't understand Monet's "Vaughn is not ready" argument. He has been in the military so obviously he is disciplined and a hard worker. I am assuming that he has been to many different places so has seen a little bit of the world. He is independent, has no kids, has his own place and has a career... she acts like he is a bum or something. I just don't get it. They made the right decision in not staying together. I can't imagine having to live with somebody who didn't think I was quite a man yet. I really think it boils down to him not having enough money for her. Pure and simple.

That's why I think they're both dissemblers. Neither one is being honest about his/her real reasons for breaking up.

Oh good...15 minutes of The Aftermath.

Ps. I really despise the phony that is Vaughn, and, to my surprise, Monet is a close second on my annoyance-meter. Poor Dr Pepper and Dr Joseph were close to tears, lol.

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 3

I couldn't watch it live tonight so have been reading the updates here and on Twitter to find out what happened, and will watch the episode tomorrow to see it for myself.  Happy to hear that Doug/Jamie and Jason/Cortney decided to stay together, especially the latter couple.  I still have my doubts about Jamie, but time will tell, I guess (well, at least next week's episode will, heh).  Not remotely surprised about Vaughn/Monet, and I doubt anyone else is surprised either.

• Love 1

I seriously wonder if Cortney and Jason are still together. Jason does not seem ready to fully give his life over to someone else, and the previews seem to hint at that. Poor thing, Cortney seems like she would be a great catch.

Edited by againstthewind
  • Love 1

I am not sure if this is the right place to put this but: I thought for sure that I saw a preview a few weeks ago that showed Courtney and Jason in a bar. Jason's back was to Courtney and he was chatting up a couple of women. Courtney was clearly upset. I kept waiting for this to be in an episode. Did I miss this or was I hallucinating and it never happened?

I am not sure if this is the right place to put this but: I thought for sure that I saw a preview a few weeks ago that showed Courtney and Jason in a bar. Jason's back was to Courtney and he was chatting up a couple of women. Courtney was clearly upset. I kept waiting for this to be in an episode. Did I miss this or was I hallucinating and it never happened?

No you didn't hallucinate it, they just never showed it. It was in the season long preview. I think that might have just been editing tricks though played up for dramatic effect, like he maybe spoke to someone for a minute. But yeah it was shown in the preview but never shown on the show. There was also a shot of Vaughn and Monet dancing very closely that was never shown and based on their outfits, it looked like the same night of their date where he asked her about her thoughts on having a menage a trois. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1

QUESTION: If they offered a sequel reality show to one couple, which one would you watch, The Jamie and Doug Show or The Carry-Ons (Carrion's)?

Toss up for me. I like the Carry-Ons but Jamie is very entertaining.

I vote Doug & Lady she treats him with love and respect.

• Love 6

I didn't see this preview but that would be very sad and tacky!!!  I hope that you were hallucinating for Courtney's sake! 

did anyone see the scene where doug was drying dishes? he took the dish towel and wiped his face with it, and continued drying dishes. i jumped when i saw that - gahhhhhh!

Ha! Yes, and I believe Doug also wiped his mouth as he wiped his face!

And speaking of disgusting displays, when Jamie and Doug eat a meal together, they make me lose my appetite. Ever watch them in action? They're actually a good match at the dinner table.

• Love 2

"Maybe it was just me, but Jamie didn't seem to be feeling her decision."

She kept saying "Time to fall in love" or "Game plan - fall in love!" so often,  it was like watching a

coded message from a hostage  -- only thing missing was a newspaper held up to prove the date.

"And speaking of disgusting displays, when Jamie and Doug eat a meal together, they make me lose my appetite."

That fork of food Jamie horfed into her mouth was about the size of the baby she will never have with Doug.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 11

Doug gave his parents a key to the apartment. I hope for Jamie's sake they are not like my ex's family who would let themselves in all the time when I was home without knocking.

That fork of food Jamie horfed into her mouth

I wonder if bulimia is another one of her issues? *ducking and running for cover now*....

• Love 2